Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Woah...what? How long is a toddler a toddler before they age up?

nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
I have my lifespan set to long but I swear I just got the message that the toddler would age up after 4 Sims days (this is the active Sim family that I am playing now with aging set on....) Is this accurate? Why would they age so fast? I have now change my settings to no one aging, but is this correct that toddlers age after 4 days or am I missing something?

Comments

• McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    I read it was 9 days before a toddler ages up
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    I sure I am wrong about the days, but I swear I have been only playing for 4 days max...if that!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have my lifespan on long, I could have sworn it was 28 days...

Though, I did have one family that had a child and I aged them down to a toddler - then when I went in to play them I found the game had set it so that the toddler would age up that day! Did you check how far along the age span it reads on their sim info? Maybe your game set it so that the toddler was almost through the age stage?
  • LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    On my game the normal lifespan seems to be 7 days? Sometimes the game glitches with the age bar, though, myabe that's what's happening to you. :/
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    nkthgrt wrote: »
    I sure I am wrong about the days, but I swear I have been only playing for 4 days max...if that!

Lifespan set on short?
    Thanks for the tip, I just checked the age span and it now says 27 days, so I don't know what is up with the message I got. I checked the other female Sim in the house and she is far from aging up also. Weird. Perhaps the toddler was almost through the stage, I guess. Thanks though!
    Lifespan was set on long, but I swear I had only been playing 4 days max. But now the game shows her lifespan as 27 days, so perhaps it was a glitch.
  • McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    This was from the patch notes :smile:

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-14%20at%2021.38.07_zpsgxuag53d.png
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    I have my lifespan set to long and my toddlers are at 28 days. Which is just enough time to max out their skills and then age them up myself. But my young adult parents ages are bubbling and they shouldn't have done that for another 40 days or so....I dunno.. the game gets a bit glitchy after a big update. No big deal, they'll hopefully patch it eventually.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Simple - aging off. B)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2017
    Huh. Why did I think "normal" was 7 days? I thought that's what was left on my Toddler's first day. Maybe that's not when I looked? Or maybe I need more coffee before reading that screenshot again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm playing long and my toddlers will age up in 28 days. aging is on
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    Well, my age settings are toggled off because I like to make sure I've spent time building relationships with children and parents, get career levels to good places etc., but I'm pretty sure the long span in 28 days o:)
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Short is 4 days
    Normal is 7 days
    Long is 28 days
  • alexiskleegrandmalexiskleegrandm Posts: 36 Member
    If you guys have the MC Command Center mod, you need to download the mod's new version and that should fix your issue. Something happened to the mod after the toddler update. I found that my toddlers were aging up almost immediately after they aged up to toddlers. Just remove all the modules from your mods folder and download the latest version of the MC Command module. I did that and I no longer have that problem. I hope it works for you!!