Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    TyrircKid wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo plum... and i can't post a link either... wait i'll upload her to the gallery (my ingame name is TyrircKid)

You're still a new member, so you can't post images yet.
    Anyone else watching a Doctor Who Christmas in August?
  • TyrircKidTyrircKid Posts: 52 Member
    @Dannydanbo well i can on the dutch version (wich makes it very strange...) you can find her on the gallery though even though only if you search by my username and have the mod thing enabled or else you'll only be able to see my builds and some of my very old sims
    I wonder if it's possible to change all my city townies into cybermen?
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Anyone else watching a Doctor Who Christmas in August?

Is that 12's second one? I have it on DVD but the sound thing was being weird so we watched it without sound. It was amazing. <3 (the one with River?)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    I wonder if it's possible to change all my city townies into cybermen?

Probably, lol I still need Daleks though
    Story_Banner.png
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    With City Life coming, I really really hope that we get a free update, adding elevators to Build Mode. If they do that, then the TARDIS would have more space and will really mimick it.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    nastyjman wrote: »
    With City Life coming, I really really hope that we get a free update, adding elevators to Build Mode. If they do that, then the TARDIS would have more space and will really mimick it.

Yeah, that's actually how I made a TARDIS in Sims 3 a couple months ago. I was doing a thing where I'd have each Doctor connected in one line down the family tree. Well, it didn't exactly work out. I accidentally aged up 1 too early while 2 was really small, and I had elder settings on really short so it didn't last very long.
    Story_Banner.png
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member

Hopefully they work - seen a lot of speculation that they will only be in the apartments and not available to use otherwise... :(
    edited November 2016
    SQUEEE!!!!

oDxszPv.jpg

Lots have traits now? And it's a free update? I may need to revise and update the rules. Current idea is to shake up the traits as your Time Lord regenerates. Stay tuned.
    edited November 2016
    I've updated the google doc and sheet tracker by adding lot traits. Current idea is that your TARDIS will only have two traits and that it changes when your Time Lord regenerates. Also, you cannot reuse previously picked lot traits.

I'm also updating Reward Traits by restricting them. You can only buy Reward Traits after you regenerate. Once you buy, you can't purchase anymore until your next regeneration.

I've noticed that the challenge becomes too easy when you have freedom on buying traits. Since you have unlimited funds for your TARDIS, I'm limiting the Reward Traits.

I'm currently testing these changes. Once I'm comfortable and satisfied with them, I will update the rules.
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    Where's my TARDIS?

With revitalizing the rules, I'm thinking of foregoing the strict TARDIS rule. On my current playtest, my Time Lord is living in an apartment, and I actually love it. Hehehe. This made me think that your Time Lord could either be TARDIS-less or just wants to live with the sims, so they hide their TARDIS somewhere.

This also lifts the restrictions of not moving into newer cities. When Widenburg came out, I wanted to move out, but my Time Lord couldn't.

I'm considering taking the TARDIS rule, but will mention that you can choose to do it or not. It will not be a strict factor for the challenge.

Stay tuned.

----

The First Redux in the city. Embarrassed herself in failing with chopsticks.

ZKsbvca.jpg
    The sparklers in GeekCon is a good stand-in for a sonic screwdriver. Here's Second Redux with hers.

q9gsgyx.jpg
    APRIL 2016 RULES SET

8zbPuev.png
    by nastyjman

OVERVIEW
    The purpose of this challenge is two-fold: fandom and variety. For fans, this is a great opportunity to roleplay as a Time Lord sans the actual adventuring (hope for WA-type expansion soon!). For non-fans, this is a challenge that forces you to use all 36 traits on one Sim that will change appearance yet still keep their skills, reward traits, relationships and aspiration points.

Time Lords are a time-traveling race in the universe of Doctor Who (click here to learn more). When they are mortally wounded or in the brink of death, a Time Lord can “regenerate” to cheat death. In Sims 4, you will regenerate at the moment of aging rather than death. There is a limit to this regeneration. In the Doctor Who universe, the limit is twelve. For this challenge, the limit is eleven regenerations, totaling twelve Time Lords with differing personalities each.

CREATE-A-TIME-LORD
    To name your Time Lord, think of a profession. This profession will be their Last Name. For example, if you chose engineer, then their last name is “Engineer”. If you are having a hard time thinking of a Last Name, go to http://timelord.namegeneratorfun.com

Now that you have your Time Lord’s Last Name, set the first name as “First”. So with the Last Name example above, your Time Lord’s name will be “First Engineer".

With their name set, design their appearance. They can be any gender, color, voice and walk. Next, choose their traits. Choose wisely as these traits cannot be used again in the future.

Lastly, choose an aspiration that can be completed within 20 sim days. You cannot choose Fabulously Wealthy as an aspiration.

Their age must be set to Adult. You cannot choose any other age other than that. If you want to roleplay as an Elder, change their hair to gray and add wrinkles in “Skin Details”.

In the Game Settings, it is important to follow these settings:
    • Auto Age (Played Sims): Yes
    • Auto Age (Unplayed Sims): Checked
    • Sim Lifespan: Normal
    Once done, save your First Time Lord in your Gallery and play.

THE TARDIS
    In the Doctor Who universe, the TARDIS is a vehicle that travels through space and time. It stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. It is a box that’s smaller outside but bigger in the inside (click here for a video explanation).

To start building your TARDIS, you must move your Time Lord in a lot that is 50 x 50 or larger. If the lot is occupied, you must evict and bulldoze your chosen lot. To do that, follow these steps:
    1. Move your Time Lord in an empty lot.
    2. Once there, go to Manage World.
    3. Select your chosen lot.
    4. Evict the current family and then click Build
    5. In Build Mode, choose the Bulldoze option under Lot Info Panel.
    6. Now that your lot is clear, move your Time Lord in it.
    This will be your permanent lot, which means you cannot move out and purchase a new lot for your household.

You are allowed to use money cheats to build your TARDIS. The cheats are kaching, rosebud or motherlode. Funds are not restricted to building, so you can use it to pay bills and other expenses. If you want a harder challenge, you can opt out on using the money cheats.

Build your TARDIS underground. The TARDIS will be your home, and it should contain all rooms, necessities and luxuries. You can only have one access point to your TARDIS, meaning you can only have one doorway leading underground--just like a bunker.

You cannot have any homes or buildings on the surface except for the access point to the TARDIS. However, you are allowed to have objects on the surface (trees, plants, fountains, benches, pond, rocketship, etc), or you can place them underground by using the cheat bb.moveobjects on.

To further decorate your TARIDS, you can use bb.moveobjects on and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. Also, you can enlarge objects by holding “SHIFT” and pressing “]”, and if you want to reduce the size, hold “SHIFT” and press “[“.

If building is not your strong-suit, you are allowed to download an "Abandoned TARDIS" in The Gallery. Simply search for "Abandoned TARDIS" and place it in a 50 x 50 or larger lot. You can also download other Simmer's TARDIS, but you must delete any collectibles included.

TIME LORD'S OBJECTIVES
    You must complete your Time Lord’s Aspiration before they regenerate. If you do not complete their aspiration and your Time Lord is regenerating, you have failed that aspiration. This means you cannot return or complete a failed aspiration. More on regenerating after this section.

Also, you cannot switch aspirations in the middle of their lifespan. The only time you can change aspirations is in Create-A-Sim during regeneration.

If you successfully complete an aspiration before regenerating, you are still not allowed to switch aspiration. However, you are allowed to work strategically on skills and objectives related to future aspiration.

To reiterate--you can only change aspirations in Create-A-Sim in the regeneration phase.

For Big Happy Family and Successful Lineage Aspirations, you only need to complete Level 3 to gain the score.

Your Time Lord must complete 6 types of collections. You must keep the collectibles on your lot, inventory or household inventory. Any duplicate or extra collectibles should be sold to avoid clutter.

Finally, your Time Lord must master 19 skills.

The skills and collections objectives are long-term goals and not restricted to a specific lifespan. At the end of the challenge, your progress will be scored depending on how much you have accomplished for your Time Lords’ aspirations, skills and collections.

If you have missed some points or failed to accomplish some aspirations, you can make up for it with bonus points. Bonus points are supplementary, not additive. So if your total score is already at max of 36, you cannot use bonus points to go over the limit. Details on how to gain bonus points is available at the score section of this rulebook.

REGENERATION
    In the Doctor Who universe, a Time Lord regenerates when they are mortally wounded or in the brink of death. (click here for a video explanation)

During the course of the challenge, you will earn a lot of aspirations points. You are allowed to purchase any store traits and potions except youth potions.

The only time you can purchase and consume a youth potion is when you have three to zero days remaining as an Adult. There will be a notification for your birthday to remind you so don't forget!

If an expansion/game/stuff pack has an item or activity that resets your Time Lord’s age, you cannot use that item or activity. Only youth potions are allowed in this challenge.

If you do not have enough points to purchase a Youth Potion, open the cheat console by pressing and holding CTRL-SHIFT-C. In the console, type in testingcheats on and then type sims.give_satisfaction_points 1500. You must purchase and consume the Youth Potion after you have entered this cheat. You will incur a 1 point penalty afterwards.

Once their age is reset, it’s time to regenerate! Follow these steps for regeneration:
    1. Open the cheat console. To do this, press and hold CTRL-SHIFT-C.
    2. Type in testingcheats on
    3. Type in cas.fulleditmode
    4. Hold SHIFT, LEFT-CLICK your Time Lord and then CLICK "Modify in CAS"
    5. WARNING! If you changed your Time Lord’s age in CAS, all reward traits and purchased traits will be deleted. If you accidentally switched their age in CAS, cancel the edit and return to Step 1.
    6. In Create-A-Sim, randomize the look of your Time Lord. You are allowed to tweak their appearance, voice, gender and walk. They should not look like previous Time Lords.
    7. Change their first name to the next number. For example, if you are changing the “First”, then you must change their name to “Second”.
    8. Pick three new traits and a new aspiration for your Time Lord. You cannot reuse previously picked traits and aspirations from past Time Lords. To keep track of what you had picked, download this sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bqdZr10NQN5TLwD1HoL9_XprrwM6qcRE3_RNQpy4Kfg/edit?usp=sharing or this text file: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Uml7LDhHL9kobP9nT7p7rcp6xA9X_p_61zdivlLmpI/edit?usp=sharing
    9. Save the Time Lord in your Gallery. If you want to share, add the hashtag #timelordchallenge.
    10. Press Done
    At the Twelfth Time Lord, if the remaining traits are conflicting, such as having Good and Evil traits remaining, then you are allowed to choose one trait from the First or Second Time Lord.

COMPANIONS
    Having a companion is not a requirement, but they enliven the challenge and keep your Time Lord company. They can be your Time Lord’s lover, spouse, friend, but they can never be your enemy. If a relationship diminishes to negative, you must move that companion out.

They can contribute towards your income or help around the TARDIS. They can also purchase and give your Time Lord reward potions except for youth potions--only the Time Lord can purchase youth potions.

You can have a maximum of four companions. There are two ways to gain a companion: you can befriend them and ask them to move in, or you can add them in your household via “Manage Household.” If that sim has family or roommates, you have the option to bring them in or to leave them out.

Children can be born or adopted in the household. The parents can either be your Time Lord or companions. The children are considered companions and therefore cannot regenerate. If a birth results in exceeding the limit, you must move out some companions to maintain the four companion limit.

You can age companions prematurely with birthday cakes, but you cannot use youth potions on them.

Should you interact and befriend a past Time Lord, you cannot move them in your household and claim them as a companion.

You can move companions out from your TARDIS any time you wish. You are allowed to use the cheat freerealestate on to place them in a lot.

When companion/s moves out, you are allowed to play them as an active household. However, when you play other households that are not your Time Lord, you must change the Aging to Off. This prevents your Time Lord from accidentally aging up to Elder while playing a different household. If that happens, you will lose all of your Reward Traits. When you return to your Time Lord, you must change the Aging back On to continue the challenge.

ROLEPLAY
    Now that the rules are laid out, there are a lot of opportunities to roleplay as a Time Lord.

Make use of our creative community by going to The Gallery and download historical sites and futuristic lots. You can bulldoze some of the available lots in place for these epochs that your Time Lord will be exploring. Once you have downloaded a lot that you like, place them in your neighborhood and make sure to assign a lot type. Don't forget to credit the Sim Architect! To start, here are some useful hashtags: #alien #future #wildwest #desert #gothic #medieval #asian #greek.

You can also change hidden areas with the cheat bb.enablefreebuild. Alter Hidden Grotto or Sylvan Glades for your roleplaying and storytelling needs.

Also, why not interact with historical people, future folks or terrifying villains? Place them in available lots and act out a scene. You can download them in The Gallery as well, and be sure to credit the creator. Once you have a household, you are allowed to use the cheat freerealestate on to move them on their lot. Here are some useful hashtags: #alien #weird #history #historic.

A great way to roleplay time travel is to have one specific neighborhood designated for one specific theme or era. This way, when you're taking screenshots, you won't have a modern home sneaking into your medieval screenshot--unless something or someone messed up the timeline!

When your Time Lord regenerates, you can redecorate your TARDIS to match your Time Lord's personality. You can download rooms from The Gallery and incorporate it in your TARDIS. Don't forget to credit the Interior Designer as well!

SCORING
    Total maximum score for the whole challenge is 36 points. The scoring revolves around Aspirations, Skills and Collections.

Collections (12 Points)
    • 2 Points for each completed Collection. Limit to 12 points.
    • Seasonal Collections (e.g. Easter Eggs) do not qualify and will not be scored.
    Aspirations (12 Points)
    • 1 point for each Aspiration completed. Since you will go through 12 regenerations, the limit for this score is 12.
    Skills (12 Points)
    • 1 Point for 8 Skills maxed
    • 2 Points for 9 Skills maxed
    • 3 Points for 10 Skills maxed
    • 4 Points for 11 Skills maxed
    • 5 Points for 12 Skills maxed
    • 6 Points for 13 Skills maxed
    • 7 Points for 14 Skills maxed
    • 8 Points for 15 Skills maxed
    • 9 Points for 16 Skills maxed
    • 10 Points for 17 Skills maxed
    • 11 Points for 18 Skills maxed
    • 12 Points for 19 or more Skills maxed
    • Skills that has 10 levels qualify for points. Anything less are not counted.
    Bonus Points
    • 1 Bonus Point for reaching Level 10 in three careers
    • 1 Bonus Point for having a painting of each of your Time Lords
    • 1 Bonus Point for completing 650 whims
    • 1 Bonus Point for maintaining a lot value of 500,000 simoleons
    • These points are supplementary. Bonus points cannot be used if your score is already at maximum.
    Penalty
    • Minus 1 Point for each Potion of Youth purchased with sims.give_satisfaction_points cheat.

TIME’S UP… OR IS IT?
    When you finish the challenge, you still might be attached to your Time Lord and may want to continue beyond the Twelfth.

If you decide to extend your play, all traits will be open for use again. However, you should still adhere to the rule of using traits only once, or you could randomize the traits every regeneration.

The extended play will not be scored, but it is an opportunity for roleplaying further and completing all aspirations, collections, skills and achievements available in the game.

In the extended play, you can change the aging speed to anything you want. You could speed it up, slow it down or freeze time.

You can also shelve your Time Lord until the next expansion. Who knows what waits for your Time Lord with their next adventure.

Have fun! Allons-y!

FAQ
    Q: Do I need to be a Doctor Who fan to do this challenge?
    A: Nope! You can play this challenge even if you don’t know Doctor Who. I’ve set the challenge to be inviting for non-fans. Even if your story or gameplay is not canon, it is really interesting how non-fans interpret the mythos of the Time Lords.

Q: Do I have to keep score?
    A: You don’t have to. You can play the challenge without worrying about collections and skills. But you should still adhere to the regeneration rule since it’s the heart of this challenge.

Q: Can I play other households apart from my Time Lord?
    A: Yes you can as stated in the Companion section. But you must turn Aging Off when you do. This prevents your Time Lord from accidentally aging up to Elder while playing a different household. If that happens, you will lose all of your Reward Traits. When you return to your Time Lord, you must turn Aging On to continue the challenge.

Q: Can I use mods?
    A: Yes you can, so long as it does not give you an advantage if you are keeping score. If you are not keeping score, you can use any mods so long as you still follow the regeneration rules.

Q: Can I use cheats?
    A: The only cheats allowed are the ones stated in the rules. However, if you are not keeping score, you can use any cheats available in the game so long as you still follow the regeneration rules.

Q: Why is my Time Lord getting tense from a trait he/she doesn’t have?
    A: The game still recognizes the trait your past Time Lord had used. To remedy this, purchase the reward trait “Carefree” for 3,000 reward points.

Q: Can I put stuff above ground that can't be placed underground?
    A: You must use “bb.moveobjects on” to place stuff underground. However, you can put stuff above ground as you wish. This rule is not strict; it is merely a suggestion.

Q: Do I have to finish my TARDIS at the start of the challenge?
    A: Nope. You can expand it as you go on.

Q: My collections suddenly vanished! What happened?!
    A: This occurs when you move out a companion that had contributed to the collection. Not to worry. As the rules state, you should have your collections in your TARDIS so you can drag and drop them in your inventory to reclaim them.

Q: What is the meaning of life?
    A: Forty-two.

CREDITS
    • @Spacey72659 for giving me the idea of bulldozing all lots to be replaced with historic and futuristic lots.
    • @SimPoseyYum for testing rule set 2 and suggesting about making some texts bold in the rules.
    • @dannydanbo for suggesting #tardisroom and utilizing rooms in The Gallery to expand the TARDIS.

FEATURED TIME LORDS
    If you have any stories, Let's Play videos or pictures of your Time Lords, share them by posting a comment below, and I'll add them to the list.
    WnTmlyk.jpg

For anyone curious, here's an older version of the rules: http://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2x4h3r/time_lord_challenge/
    edited November 2016
    Front page rules reflect the current version.

Things that changed:
    - You gain a point when you complete Level 3 or Level 4 on your Aspirations.
    - You can only buy Reward Traits during the regeneration process
    - You can move in and out of your lot

I didn't add anything for the City Living expansion. I leave it to the player to be creative on how they play the challenge with new expansions. I believe that the rules are flexible enough for any future expansions. If there's anything that will severely affect the challenge, I will revise the rules.

ALLONSY!
    I was trying to figure out how to live in an apartment and have a Tardis. The only way I thought it might work is to use a penthouse and live on the third floor (can we have four levels in a penthouse, if we can, live on the fourth floor) and place the elevator on the top floor. Then place a Tardis somewhere in the apartment backed up to a wall, and have stairs going down to the levels below, which would be the Tardis levels. Lock the Tardis doors to everyone but the household so others won't wander into the Tardis by accident. I might test this tomorrow.
    Just thought of something else for storytellers. If you use a penthouse but only one level, then you can build a Tardis on the top level, it will appear to float above your building.
    Just thought of something else for storytellers. If you use a penthouse but only one level, then you can build a Tardis on the top level, it will appear to float above your building.

I tried that out before, and it's hilarious. It's like a whole house being propped up by a single beam of stairs.
  • iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member
    I just checked back in with this challenge and I like the adjustments you made for City Living. I let my game rest for a while but now I'm motivated to continue with the challenge! Thanks :)
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
    I'm still planning to do this one again eventually - Got a lot on my plate but I do want to get back and start again with my time lady - Still working out a name for her (she's going to be Lady _____ (I, II, III, etc), The Negotiator). I just need her last name. Hehehe. But she'll always be 'The Lady' and I'm going to use the I, II, III, etc after her name to indicate what regen she is... :)
  • iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member
    I'm still planning to do this one again eventually - Got a lot on my plate but I do want to get back and start again with my time lady - Still working out a name for her (she's going to be Lady _____ (I, II, III, etc), The Negotiator). I just need her last name. Hehehe. But she'll always be 'The Lady' and I'm going to use the I, II, III, etc after her name to indicate what regen she is... :)

If you do start it again, will you also make videos for youtube? I've watched the story of your Librarian and it got me inspired to try it on my own. :)
    I do like the name Negotiator.
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
    iamthek wrote: »

If you do start it again, will you also make videos for youtube? I've watched the story of your Librarian and it got me inspired to try it on my own. :)
    I do like the name Negotiator.

Absolutely. I don't get time to play offline games so everything ends up on my channel (Sims-wise).
    And thank you so much for watching The Librarian - that means a lot to me :)
    Vampires? Vampires!

And the new lot from the next game pack looks amazingly Victorian. Would be very great for time travel roleplay.

Once the new game pack comes out, I will update the rules.
  • RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    Hey! So I just started my Time Lord challenge and I live stream it on twitch. I have so many other challenges that I edit an upload to YT that this one is live stream only. I opt'd to use the name generator and instead of using a profession I used the name they gave me and hyphenated the last name. Right now my time lord is Kelner First-Drexel. I didn't see the updated rules about the lot traits so she has 3. Is there a way you can link to the new rules on the front page? Also I was wondering can companions help with collections? I didn't look at every page so I don't know if that has been answered yet or not. I'm glad I read through tonight because you changed that you had to go through the full aspiration instead of stop at 3 or 4 lol. My twitter is RachieBeeSims22 and my Twitch is rachiebee22. I post up when I'm streaming on those sites. Thanks for the wonderful challenge!
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
    Vampires? Vampires!

And the new lot from the next game pack looks amazingly Victorian. Would be very great for time travel roleplay.

Once the new game pack comes out, I will update the rules.

I said something similar in another thread. With all the lovely period clothing, story tellers can tell stories about ancestors who fell in love (or out of love). It's not just for vampires.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top