Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    Do you guys ever age a girl to adult and think, "My god she's beautiful and her random traits are just PERFECT," and then glare at the baby girl in the crib?

I'm seriously considering aging my founder up to elder and letting the last baby girl take over. I'm getting bored. She has had 11 babies and is still not even halfway through Young Adult. She has done so many lifetime goals. I am just thinking her reign can end now.
  • TheseareourlivesTheseareourlives Posts: 126 Member
    TxrdlyPxxp wrote: »
    Do you guys ever age a girl to adult and think, "My god she's beautiful and her random traits are just PERFECT," and then glare at the baby girl in the crib?

I'm seriously considering aging my founder up to elder and letting the last baby girl take over. I'm getting bored. She has had 11 babies and is still not even halfway through Young Adult. She has done so many lifetime goals. I am just thinking her reign can end now.

I totally see where you're coming from. If I had a daughter that had really great traits, (all random) I'd want her to be the next mom. I don't see why you couldn't age up your founder. After all, the challenge has to be kept interesting for you to continue pursuing it and making it to that 100!
  • AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    I get very attached to most of the girls and sort of hope there won't be any more girls.
  • CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    Most of the time when a new girl is born I think to myself, "I hope this is the one, this is the best girl." Then the next one is born and I think the same thing. So I always have to remind myself that I'll probably love the last girl as much as the ones I'm currently gushing about, haha. :D
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Wishing Everyone Happy Holidays, and Wishing Everyone good luck with their Challenge, I hope you are able to finish it , I Luv reading all the great things others are doing with theirs, :)
  • 17lani7117lani71 Posts: 51 Member
    I created a club with Get Together called the "Baby Suppliers". They are practically every single man I can find, and they like to woohoo and be romantic. Lol
    Check out my blog at https://theravenrose.wordpress.com/ !
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Lenovo/Downloads/s.png[/img]

• xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    TxrdlyPxxp wrote: »

Yeah, my second generation momma had perfectionist, romantic, and good as her traits... all random! Plus, she turned out to be so very pretty!
    qCDeJ1I.gif
    I was trying to get one of the children to get married, but she ended up hysteric. She died right there and then, right after she had proposed to Don (bad idea) and her date ended right after she died. I tried pleading for her life but she Grim Reaper had none of it. I'm actually pretty sad right now :/
    qCDeJ1I.gif
    Oh my gosh! Aliens just took my matriarch away...
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    Hey guys! It's been a long time since I was on the forums last. I hope everyone's challenges are going well. I just hit baby number 61 and I'm still in my 2nd generation. I don't know what I did differently this time around but she's a baby making machine! I record all of my challenge game play and post it to my YT channel, you can check it out if you like. I'm also on twitter @RachieBeeSims is my handle. One quick question, I haven't browsed the comments yet to see if this is answered so I apologize if it's already out there, but if you have the ley line trait on your house, does it work if you have babies at the hospital? I haven't tried it yet, I love having the birth certificates but I don't want to miss out on the multiples.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    Cyazurai wrote: »
    Just got to baby 35 finally. This is literally the farthest I have ever gotten on this challenge, and I'm actually really thinking that I'm going to be able to finish! My second matriarch is only halfway through the adult lifestage and has already had two more children than her mother had. :)

My second generation has been the same way! She's 10 days from aging to elder and has already had 11 more than the first matriarch.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Bluedrops25Bluedrops25 Posts: 12 New Member
    Rhyanie wrote: »
    Hey guys! It's been a long time since I was on the forums last. I hope everyone's challenges are going well. I just hit baby number 61 and I'm still in my 2nd generation. I don't know what I did differently this time around but she's a baby making machine! I record all of my challenge game play and post it to my YT channel, you can check it out if you like. I'm also on twitter @RachieBeeSims is my handle. One quick question, I haven't browsed the comments yet to see if this is answered so I apologize if it's already out there, but if you have the ley line trait on your house, does it work if you have babies at the hospital? I haven't tried it yet, I love having the birth certificates but I don't want to miss out on the multiples.

From my understanding, it only works if you both get impregnated and give birth on the home lot, but I could be mistaken.

• CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member

From my understanding, it only works if you both get impregnated and give birth on the home lot, but I could be mistaken.

It only works for me when I had the mom have babies on the lot. I think it worked when I had her try for baby off the lot, but she had to actually give birth there.
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

I believe there is a way to unlock the certificate and get them in build mode. Since they are not enscripted or anything, it would be a way around not getting them when babies are born at home. I haven't tried it yet though.
    I have a problem, and I don't know if anyone else has it, but my sim is always embarrassed. She'll just get up while sleeping and act like somebody walked in on her while she was using the toilet. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Hi there, I just started this challenge and I'm really excited about it! My matriarch is called Rose Babbs, she's got the romantic, family-oriented and perfectionist traits and I gave her the romantic aspiration to get the alluring trait as well. I was quite conflicted between the perfectionist and creative traits but I hope the former will help more in the long run. Right now she's pregnant from Jacques Villareal (because he's an elder and I want to have babies with all of the townies before placing new men) and the kids will have names from A - Z, I also give them the last name of their fathers to ensure I always know who their father is.

We're kinda broke at this moment and the house is practically empty but Rose is painting like a mad sim to be able to afford more furniture. I made the mistake of going with a 40 x 30 lot instead of a smaller one, I forgot that we can move later on. I changed the rules a tiny bit for myself, I can use stuff like potion of youth and life elixir if I want but I'm not yet sure whether I'm going to do that or not.

I wish I could show you some pictures but I'm new to the forum and don't really know how to do it :blush:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Welcome @Erica87 you can share photos using a 3rd party site then when placing it here, just space out the h.t.t.p like this and someone can quote it and take out the dots to show your pictures,
    I look forward to reading about Rose and her brood x
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

Liziann1 wrote: »
    Welcome @Erica87 you can share photos using a 3rd party site then when placing it here, just space out the h.t.t.p like this and someone can quote it and take out the dots to show your pictures,
    I look forward to reading about Rose and her brood x

Thanks, I think I'm just going to wait untill I have the points I need to post pictures properly, untill then I'll keep you updated in text format. Unfortunately I made the grave mistake of using one of my old sims as base for Rose and despite changing her traits and placing her in a fresh save she ended up with all skills the old sim had and she also retained the effects of her old traits. I only noticed that when she was pregnant with her first child already. So I could either cheat everything back to normal or create a new sim, I chose the latter and I'm moving her in right now. Still going to woohoo Jacques first, elders have priority! :smiley:

Love that you called it a brood, seems fitting considering our "founders" are called matriarchs! Maybe Rose will have all the children (extra challenge because I'll have to find ways to extend her life span) and in that case she might actually end up as a black widow as well because... Well, someone needs to die for the cowplant's life elixir! >:)
    I actually planned not to write anything in this thread untill Rose had her first baby and it aged up to child... However I thought this was so funny that I had to post it somewhere :smiley: If it bothers you I'll create a thread for stuff like this.

Are you wondering how it went with Jacques Villareal? Let me tell you a little story...

So the first edition of Rose I created had a really easy time with him. They had two dates and woohoo'd after the first one, she became his girlfriend after the second one. They even went to a festival together. They instantly hit it off and had great chemistry, it was love at first sight. If it wasn't for the challenge, this Rose would've married him.

The second edition of Rose wasn't that lucky. She found Jacques dazed and dressed as homeless on a community lot. I don't want to know what he did the night before but he probably drank too much nectar... :lol: Rose invited him home and I wanted them to try for baby immediately, however for some reason the action wasn't available in the pie menu and the one on the bed didn't work. Since Jacques was also tired I had him nap and Rose prepared a meal for both of them. Try for baby still did not work, even though they had high enough relationship and a bed was present. After a while I figured out that the issue must've been that he was grungy. I locked the bedroom and placed the couch in storage but he just really didn't want to shower.

So I did some mcguyvering and created a club: Encouraged activity was shower, discouraged was sleep. Et voilà, Jacques went to shower... For two hours! I ended the gathering and finally he got out. Attempted try for baby again and this time it worked. The whole ordeal took about 5 hours. 5 hours for one woohoo! Jacques left the house a few sim-minutes after the woohoo, while Rose was in the bathroom taking the pregnancy test. He snuck out without saying another word to her. I think Rose was okay with that, after all she got what she wanted from him.

This is definitely not how I imagined the first pregnancy attempt would go.
  • simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    I hope it's okay that I'm posting here with all you in your higher generations! Looks like there are a few others just starting out, though!

I'm taking a break from my legacy family to start this challenge. I love having my Sims pregnant so I figured this was up my alley.

My matriarch is Cora Frakes, who seduced Roomie Gavin to have her first pregnancy. I've had her painting and doing a bit of planting throughout her first pregnancy which has brought in a bit of money. She went into labor and- surprise! Twin boys. Henry and Charles have been a handful and I'm sure she'll be happy when they become children! Now where to put them in my tiny studio home...
    I hope it's okay that I'm posting here with all you in your higher generations! Looks like there are a few others just starting out, though!

I'm taking a break from my legacy family to start this challenge. I love having my Sims pregnant so I figured this was up my alley.

My matriarch is Cora Frakes, who seduced Roomie Gavin to have her first pregnancy. I've had her painting and doing a bit of planting throughout her first pregnancy which has brought in a bit of money. She went into labor and- surprise! Twin boys. Henry and Charles have been a handful and I'm sure she'll be happy when they become children! Now where to put them in my tiny studio home...

Oh, you're so lucky you got twins! My sim Rose gave birth to a girl called Alexa Villareal, she's a child and working on her grades right now. Rose is also pregnant again, I'm not sure how the ley line trait works but she got pregnant when that was active. I really need to place down a spa to get that fertility massage.

Unfortunately the family aspiration now requires the sim to become an adult and I don't ever plan on aging Rose past YA so... That's a bummer.
    Erica87 wrote: »

Oh, you're so lucky you got twins! My sim Rose gave birth to a girl called Alexa Villareal, she's a child and working on her grades right now. Rose is also pregnant again, I'm not sure how the ley line trait works but she got pregnant when that was active. I really need to place down a spa to get that fertility massage.

Unfortunately the family aspiration now requires the sim to become an adult and I don't ever plan on aging Rose past YA so... That's a bummer.

Yeah I was so shocked! This is only the second time I've had twins in the game (I've only been playing for a little while) so I wasn't expecting it at all.

I actually decided that, to help keep track of dads, I'll name the babies with the first letter of dad's name. So as soon as the twins aged up, I renamed them Gabriel and Grayson after dad Gavin. The only downside is all my multiples will have matchy names, but oh well!

Cora is pregnant again, this time with the lovely Johnny Zest. Can you tell I've been playing all afternoon? Haha.

Yeah I was so shocked! This is only the second time I've had twins in the game (I've only been playing for a little while) so I wasn't expecting it at all.

I actually decided that, to help keep track of dads, I'll name the babies with the first letter of dad's name. So as soon as the twins aged up, I renamed them Gabriel and Grayson after dad Gavin. The only downside is all my multiples will have matchy names, but oh well!

Cora is pregnant again, this time with the lovely Johnny Zest. Can you tell I've been playing all afternoon? Haha.

I've never actually had twins in the game, did get triplets once though... That wasn't any fun at all :lol: I'm using last names of the father to keep track of the relations but I'm thinking of just making a list of the kids instead because some households have several males with the same last name... And I also like Babbs as a last name quite well :smiley: You picked two really nice names for your twins! I might name my G letter baby Gabriel, the other two options on my list are Grady and Griffin.

Rose gave birth to another baby girl, I named her Blair Benali. I'm worried that there might be something wrong with my game because the weird ley line thing appeared but I still only got one girl for the second time. Maybe I messed up some setting in MC command center or something :neutral:
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @Erica87 I did chuckle at your 5 hour stint to get one woo hoo!
    @simmerkayla welcome hope your baby challenge goes well,
    I have a note book to keep track of the baby daddies and their offspring lol
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

My matriarch Cora is on a boy roll! Every child so far has been male. Twins Gabriel and Grayson are now teens. She has two children, Jace and Cole, and a new baby named Milo. She had carrots in her garden but never eats them- however, superstitious me sold the plant off because we need a girl up in here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top