This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

My Sim keeps wearing the wrong clothes

My Sim keeps wearing all the wrong clothes. Meaning like she would wear her formal to bed. Then her athletic attire outside or pajamas. Then her bathing suit as outwear. Is their anyway I can fix this

Comments

• Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Does she have the insane trait?
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Sims with then insane or inappropriate trait will do that.
  • Options
    ChinaChina Posts: 196 Member
    scillakees wrote: »
    Does she have the insane trait?

Yea she has the insane trait
  • Options
    Omg I feel so dumb. So its just the trait that makes her do those things
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited November 2016
    @China, don't feel silly. There are so many little things to discover in the game. :) I knew insane sims will do that. I didn't know inappropriate sims would too. Thanks @IreneSwift.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I play with an inappropriate sim who keeps his pajamas all day long.
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    If you hover the cursor over a trait in the simology panel a tool tip comes up elaborating on what the trait does. The insane trait says that the sim "wears what feels right, not necessarily what *is* right" or similar wording.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Get out your snorkel masks and bunny slippers, kids! Igazor's Insane and Inappropriate Dance Club (traits checked and verified at the door) opens next weekend! :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I was watching Nerd Cube's "Let's Play" of the Sims 3 and he failed to realize this. His evil genius was insane and Nerd3 was totally lost on why the Sim was so stupid about clothes.
  • Options
    Chimark wrote: »
    I was watching Nerd Cube's "Let's Play" of the Sims 3 and he failed to realize this. His evil genius was insane and Nerd3 was totally lost on why the Sim was so plum about clothes.

Now that I know its kinda funny lol. I was losing my mind when I kept changing into the right outfit.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Get out your snorkel masks and bunny slippers, kids! Igazor's Insane and Inappropriate Dance Club (traits checked and verified at the door) opens next weekend! :p

I would have to draw the line at flippers. They're too inappropriate even for inappropriate ( or insane ) sims.

( Urghasdfssdasff I hate seeing townies spawn with those horrid things on. )
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    higgenbockerhiggenbocker Posts: 124 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    I play with an inappropriate sim who keeps his pajamas all day long.

hahaha if I was a sim
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've seen some real horrors spawn on my sims in career outfits with clothing I'd never assign for that catagory like high heeled shoes and long skirts which my sim wouldn't wear on her own.I've been working on that in EasyCASPEditor to get that mess fixed so they don't get awful and messed up assignments given out as random outfits in the game and townies won't spawn with disasters.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg