This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Radiators?

Does TS3 have radiators? Or only as cc? And, if so, do they give off heat?

I remember them being in TS2, but can't find them in TS3. My sims have a small house with no room for a fire, but I would love to get them some radiators now Winter is approaching.

Comments

• Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    You might be able to find a good cc small fireplace that might fit the room.if there are radiators then I haven't seen them but maybe someone else has .

When I moved to Virginia for a month during October it was cold .we had to use a radiator and it didn't heat much .i was more worried about my birds freezing than myself cause I had blankets and they only had feathers .

But if you don't find any radiators then maybe a tiny fireplace might do? I wish they had central air and heat for our sims
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Nonsense. There's always room for a warming fire, I can attest to that from real life. Having it be and stay in an actual fireplace, if that was meant to be part of the equation, could be a different story. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I've never seen radiators. But maybe there are modded objects, something that partly functions like a fireplace, that could make a nice radiator.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    Well, that is a shame. Maybe I'll have to move some furniture and have them build a fireplace... or maybe it's time for a house extension. But they only have 2000 simoleons to play with.

This is their living/dining room. They are quite poor and their house small. The bedrooms and bathroom is down in the basement.
    028.jpg?dl=0

What do you reckon? I could maybe move the bookcase and put one there? And swap the dining table for one half its size with less chairs.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I did have radiator CC but its years ago & I don't remember where I found it. It was just cosmetic also :(

How big is the family? If they're ok with a 4 seater dining set then yeah I think it would look good where the book case is :smiley:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sims aren't cold in Winter as long as they stay inside. If a sim is cold outside, they just need to spend a few minutes inside and when they remove their clothes to take a bath or a shower, they immediately cease being cold. Very few of my houses have a fireplace, I just use the bathtub instead. Don't forget to make them wear their outerwear outfit outside if the temperature is cool because they don't automatically wear it unless if it's freezing.
  • Options
    Well... they got some builders in and my sim spent most of his savings re-doing the living/dining room. He didn't need an extension and is very happy with the result :)
    060.jpg?dl=0

I know they don't need a fireplace to get warm again, but I am just re-experiencing the weather after being away from ts3 for a while and just looking at the frost makes me feel sorry for them! So I really wanted to give them some sort of heating.

Shame about the lack of radiators, but at least they got their fire in the end.

Thanks for all your replies <3
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Look really cosy :smiley:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Look really cosy :smiley:

Yes looks like a vacation house :o
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    Fireplaces are hilarious, radiators are not.

Seriously, I've never been able to kill a Sim by freezing, some Townie always shows up with a hairdryer to save them.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    A flame fruit in their inventory will help them stay warm, too.
    I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    A flame fruit in their inventory will help them stay warm, too.
    Ooh, I didn't know that.

@chimark why are fireplaces hilarious? :p
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I've got radiators, but they're only decoration...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,753 Member
    Wow @eleanorbreton your living room looks terrific! I love the wooden panels.
  • Options
    Wow @eleanorbreton your living room looks terrific! I love the wooden panels.
    Thank you! I wanted it to look a bit more masculine cos there is only the dad and son living there and it was a bit girly and flowery before :D
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited November 2016
    Yes, I love how you decorated. :) If you do want some CC links...

This one functions like a clothes line. (Ambitions needed) scroll down
    http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_other_03.shtml
    Deco only... + AC units for the summer. B)
    http://darasims.net/downloads/sims3/furniture_3/decor_3/47-radiators-air-conditioning-thesims3.html
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    The only radiator I've seen is decorative CC. I know you already took car of it, but personally if I feel the need to add a fire place, but think there is not enough room, I usually go for one from ITF they can be put about anywhere as long as there is room for the little chimney pipe-thing.
    Another thing to consider is, modern houses heating is usually forced air or something of the sort.
    Also, if you are not opposed to a little "cheating" you can use move objects on to put a fireplace in a lot of places you wouldn't be able to otherwise, and then remove the brick parts from the back. Since most modern fireplaces use metal piping for exhaust/intake, the brickwork is only decorative anyhow.
  • Options
    Those ones look super. I may download them just to decorate some of my homes with. Thanks.

@SimKeats Yeah, I do that quite often (taking off the brickwork). Sometimes I don't want the chimney at all and sometimes I want it a different colour, so I replace it with the recolourable chimney pieces from the sims 3 store (which is what I actually did in this case):

061.jpg?dl=0

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    When space is tight for me I've used those wood stove looking fireplaces. They might work for you.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Simasaurus09 I love those radiator and ac units. Thanks for linking them!!

@elanorbreton :::waves::: I just put that bear clock up on my sims mantle yesterday. They live in a log cabin. I love what you've done with the house your sims are in.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    I just tried to download the radiators and ac units and couldn't get them without paying a large amount to ad fly to download some turbo software that would let me download the files in 1 second as apposed to 1 minute 45 seconds. Decided I didn't need them that badly. Also Norton blocked some bad ad posing as something else.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @karritz I used link1 and yes, the ad fly thing popped up, but I pressed skip ad and it went to media fire so I could dl them. I scanned with my malware program and it was ok. I detest ad popups though, and firefox does not take care of all the popups anymore. :(
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Radiators are one of the few things 'missing' from TS3.

It is a shame, as the fireplaces always look awesome but they do take up a lot of room. I actually liked them in TS2 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    If you don't have the fireproof homestead reward, or your fireplace upgraded, watch out for that rug. It'll catch fire from being to close I believe.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @karritz I used link1 and yes, the ad fly thing popped up, but I pressed skip ad and it went to media fire so I could dl them. I scanned with my malware program and it was ok. I detest ad popups though, and firefox does not take care of all the popups anymore. :(

I tried both links and got nowhere. I'll have another go one day - maybe.