Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guru Grant Talks City Living’s Missing Content, Open World, and Expansion Pack Value

Comments

  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »

    I didn't buy it, I can still critique it, as can you. What's your point? Seems like your post is nothing but you stroking your own ego, which is both worthless to the discussion and quite awkward given that several people on these forums are exactly like you.

    It's a catch 22. If you didn't buy it, you have no right to critique it. If you did buy it, you should have known better, or you only bought it so you could critique it, etc.

    I have to admit I agree one can not truly critique something without trying it. I can assume I don't like sushi because it's raw fish and many have said the idea is gross, disgusting, etc. But do I really know I don't like it without trying it?

    Go ahead and get mad at me for that. It is what it is. You really can't honestly critique something without trying it. Like it or not. You can only assume.

    This doesn't mean I think you should run out and buy it. That choice is yours.

    I didn't buy the game. I knew from the first few trailers I did not like it. I knew from the first few bombshell announcements (no CAS+, no toddlers, load screens etc etc etc) I would not like it. For awhile I deluded myself that it might get better. It has not for me. I did not have to buy it to know that I would not like it. Do I have the right to critique it. Of course I do. I did not have to play it to know that I would not be happy with it given the cringing I do when I see the cartoony effects and plastique art style and the omg expressions on their faces. Do I have the right to give my feedback so the dev's know why I'm not parting with my money. Of course I do. Even the dev's have said they need negative feedback (even if one in particular who is not even a dev have decided our feedback has an expiration date) I did the trial when it was made available because of people like you who said we had to play the game to know if we liked it or not....guess what. I didn't like it for the same reasons I already listed and many more that I didn't know about until I played the trial. My opinion actually worsened after playing the game.

    I can honestly critique something without purchasing. I can look at a painting and know I don't like it and not purchase it because it looks like something my cat threw up. I can say I don't like sushi because I know if I tried to eat raw fish I would throw up. I'm not saying that you are wrong for liking Sushi, or that painting or Sims4. I'm saying why I don't like it and I can say that....honestly. At this point in my life I don't see myself wasting time playing or buying something I don't like in the hopes it will get better. I don't have that kind of patience. I've been with Sims since the middle of Sims3 and seen that they will fix this, break that, and just not bother to try with other issues we had with their games. In this case it also does not fit in with their vision, is too expensive in budget hours, they would rather have pretty backgrounds and fx then game play. I'm not playing that game with them anymore. More power to those of you who can still do that.

    Well said :smile:

    I actually got tired of being hassled for criticising TS4 after not playing it that I actually decided to try the Free Trial.

    No one has bothered me about it since B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I'm going to say something really unpopular here, I think I don't even trust the feedback of simmers where it comes to 'what's good for the game'. Not meaning we're not capable of giving valuable feedback, but rather in a helicopter view kind of way than concerning specific features. This quote always comes to mind in discussions like this.

    Henry-Ford-Picture-Quote.jpg

    "We want to go faster" was enough information for Ford. So he started making cars payable for everyone, instead of training horses to run faster. I want a company who takes our helicopter view and gives us what we never knew we wanted but do.

    it would work if they were experimenting and going forwards. Not everyone liked TS3. Not everyone liked every expansion of TS3. But that was the team experimenting and going leaps forward. In here, using the analogy, we're asking for faster horses, but the dev team is trying to sell us a donkey.

    Good points

    I miss the forward thinking mind set that worked really well with TS3. Back then it was exciting following the game and what new things where coming next.

    Now it feels like the only thing to get excited about is a small but of hype that gets passed off as a false rumour

    :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • akwilliamsakwilliams Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2016
    Good morning! I'm doing fine
    I, for one, am very glad to hear that! And Lord knows you deserve some you-time.

    Community Managers are some of the strongest people I've ever met. You can deny it, but I know from experience it's a job I certainly can't do. And the fact that you're still alive at all proves me right. ;)

    WB! And thanks for being you, you cross-stitching bad-A! B)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Kartai wrote: »
    But players had some frustrations with some celebrity elements in The Sims 3, and without really understanding why they didn’t like it, we didn’t want to jump in and do it again

    So wait they listen to the people who hated the celebrity elements?

    What about the people who wants it back??

    For the people who really hated it they could of add a off and on switch to turn them off and on in the game that might of worked.

    So I'm guessing celebrity is up with supernaturals at this point :'( sorry for being negative I just found out why celebrity are not in this game with paparazzi.

    No. They did not listen to anyone. The celeb system is broken mess in TS3 and they did not fix it. That is the biggest issue. For those who don't like it you had the option to turn off. Don't blame the players that did not like celebs.
    For me that is one of the problems with EA/Maxis they do not fix what needs fixing and just keep pushing on.

    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Kartai wrote: »
    But players had some frustrations with some celebrity elements in The Sims 3, and without really understanding why they didn’t like it, we didn’t want to jump in and do it again

    So wait they listen to the people who hated the celebrity elements?

    What about the people who wants it back??

    For the people who really hated it they could of add a off and on switch to turn them off and on in the game that might of worked.

    So I'm guessing celebrity is up with supernaturals at this point :'( sorry for being negative I just found out why celebrity are not in this game with paparazzi.

    No. They did not listen to anyone. The celeb system is broken mess in TS3 and they did not fix it. That is the biggest issue. For those who don't like it you had the option to turn off. Don't blame the players that did not like celebs.
    For me that is one of the problems with EA/Maxis they do not fix what needs fixing and just keep pushing on.

    My concern is that there has always been a lot of hurdles when it comes to The Sims. You can jump those hurdles but if you knock it over, it should be picked back up again afterwards
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I'm going to say something really unpopular here, I think I don't even trust the feedback of simmers where it comes to 'what's good for the game'. Not meaning we're not capable of giving valuable feedback, but rather in a helicopter view kind of way than concerning specific features. This quote always comes to mind in discussions like this.

    Henry-Ford-Picture-Quote.jpg

    "We want to go faster" was enough information for Ford. So he started making cars payable for everyone, instead of training horses to run faster. I want a company who takes our helicopter view and gives us what we never knew we wanted but do.

    it would work if they were experimenting and going forwards. Not everyone liked TS3. Not everyone liked every expansion of TS3. But that was the team experimenting and going leaps forward. In here, using the analogy, we're asking for faster horses, but the dev team is trying to sell us a donkey.

    I was someone who initially hated Sims 3, and Sims 3 and Sims 4 are not remotely in the same ballpark. It's like this:

    Sims 1 is the original game we all fell in love with. Now it's quite dated, but it was revolutionary for it's time.
    Sims 2 was everything a sequel should be: improvements all around, absolutely zero steps back, and tons of new features.

    Sims 3 was give and take. It was two steps forward, two steps back, and ultimately your love or hate of it came down to whether you liked the direction it went in or not. For example, the difficulty in Sims 3 was non-existent. It's the easiest game in the series. Some might love that, others might hate it. And while story progression was a brave, revolutionary new feature, it was still a trade-off: Sims 2 offered superior control over a town, it's citizens, the layout and what stories unfolded, whereas Sims 3 limited you to one family (more was doable, but a hassle), preset buildings that couldn't really be edited, and placing new lots was a non-existent/buggy feature.

    Sims 3 had plenty to complain about, but you had to acknowledge that for every step backwards, there was a brave new step forwards. Initially I hated Sims 3 because it was sooooo painfully easy to max skills and careers in that I just had nothing to do, and that was made worse by the fact I was restricted to one family. Later on, the nonstop expansion packs for Sims 3 meant that while maxing an individual skill was easy, there were sooooooooo many skills that now there was enough content to keep you busy and remain "challenging" if you just set your goals higher.


    What revolutionary feature does Sims 4 have? What are the steps forward to counteract it's steps backwards...?

    I'll name four for you: the emotions system, build mode, the relative stability and the difficulty.

    The emotions system is a catastrophic bomb and a horrendous disappointment that they SERIOUSLY need to just abandon at this point. It's to the point it's embarassing when I can - weeks in advance of the release of City Living - make a prediction the Romance Guru will do nothing but award a moodlet and I'm absolutely right. Nothing about the emotion system is revolutionary. Infact, the developers seem to have eaten away at traits and taken features from traits to try and sustain the emotions system; no longer does your Genius learn certain skills 20% faster, but rather any focused sim ever learns those faster and Geniuses get....uhhh, well...they get a focused moodlet sometimes. Wow.

    The emotions system practically could've existed in Sims 3; it's just glorified moodlets, and yes moodlets existed in Sims 3. Here's something to do for people: load up Sims 3, make three Sims, have two start romancing each other and then have one of those two cheat on their lover with the other guy. The Sim that has been cheated on will get a special moodlet regarding it. What does it do? They will automatically refuse all romantic interactions with their spouse until it ends, limiting their relationship to friendly discussions only, thus making it difficult to sustain their relationship. How about witnessing a death and getting a negative moodlet from it? Your sim now cries autonomously and has new socials related to this death. Woohoo'ed at the neighbor's house? You prance around like you're king of the world due to a moodlet about it.

    The technology for fleshing out moodlets existed in Sims 3. Why wasn't it utilized more? It was utilized a decent amount, to be honest, so perhaps it wasn't utilized more because the team realized you cannot make a revolutionary game mechanic out of moodlets alone.

    Fast forward to Sims 4, here we are on expansion pack 3, and this is how I imagine the meetings at EA are going down:


    Lead developer:
    "Ok everyone, it's a big day. We've just begun development of expansion pack 4 and we need a new skill. After our meeting yesterday we decided on a brand new acrobatics skill. Now, we'll need rewards for each new level of the skill, and we'll be making this a 5 level skill. What should we make the reward for level 2 acrobatics be? Any ideas? Stephanie?"
    Stephanie: "How about we make it so that once your sim has level 2 acrobatics, they can now burn carbs by doing their acrobatic routine to give players a new alternative to fitness and yoga? Likewise, they can now perform acrobatics for tips!"
    Lead dev: "No Stephanie, that simply won't do. Step up your game!! Tim, how about you?"
    Tim: "Uhhhh, how about if other Sims see your Sim do acrobatics, they get a +1 happy buff for 4 hours?"
    Lead dev: "Brilliant Tim, brilliant!! A couple more ideas like that and we'll have record-breaking sales during launch week! Ok team, now what do players get when their sim hits acrobatics level 3? Stephanie?"
    Stephanie: "I know! How about if a sim with acrobatics catches on fire, they can tumble and roll on the floor in order to extinguish themselves? That way their sim won't be doomed if they catch on fire when there isn't a working shower around!"
    Lead Dev: "Did you say fire, Stephanie? Good, cause that's exactly what you are: You're fired! Get out of here and bring your terrible ideas with you!! Tim?"
    Tim: "UHHHHHHHHH.....HOW ABOUT....Sims that see your sim do a playful acrobatics routine get a +1 playful buff?"
    Lead Dev: My GOD!! The man is a genius!! Get the investors on the phone, we have a new CEO now! Our stock price value is going to soar!!

    Seriously though EA, I hate to be rude, but the "creativity" of this godforsaken moodlet spam is embarassing. It speaks volumes about the lack of enthusiasm/creativity of the collective team, as it seems EVERYONE on staff is very much comfortable with following the same routine formula of inserting emotion moodlets into EVERY new feature, and somehow the entire team has missed the memo that WE DON'T LIKE YOUR EMOTIONS SYSTEM, PLEASE STOP USING IT ANY FURTHER; IT CAN STAY, THAT'S FINE, BUT STOP BUILDING ONTO IT FURTHER, PUT NEW FEATURES ELSEWHERE PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF PLUM.

    And the other new steps forward? Relative stability? There's a keyword there: relative. Just because Sims 3 exploded every two hours and Sims 4 only explodes every eight hours doesn't mean Sims 4 is a pioneer of stable gameplay. No, Sims 3 was the abysmal one. Sims 4 is pretty much status quo for the game market, and heck Sims 2 is still more stable.

    That leaves the increased difficulty and the improvements to build mode as the only remaining improvements. Those alone cannot carry this title.

    So yeah, Sims 2? Pure improvements. Sims 3? Mix of good and bad, but even if you prefer Sims 2, you'll find Sims 3 has so much content you can AT LEAST enjoy yourself for a couple playthroughs before going back. It's a matter of taste.

    Sims 4....? Still waiting on steps forward for this franchise...I won't bore everyone with the laundry list of steps backwards it took that we're all so accustomed with already.

    BRAVO!!! Thanks for this post!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @DeservedCriticism interesting points.

    With TS3 though it was not 'two steps forwards and two steps back' but rather ten leaps forwards and one look back with a friendly nod and a thumbs up to the predecessors while going st full steam ahead. B)

    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    MinkFur wrote: »
    Zafireria wrote: »
    MinkFur wrote: »
    Speaking of @SimGuruDrake Where is she? Haven't seen her for some days, is she alright? :worried:
    Hopefully she's alright. I hope while she's gone, she thinks about how to correctly handle situations on these forums (referring to the fansite blaming she did).
    Gonna disagree with the fansite thing, but you are entitled your opinion :smile: I am just more concerned if she is alright.

    Good morning! I'm doing fine, just really busy so I've had to sink into work a bit. Also had a 3 day weekend due to Veteran's Day so took some "me" time --which basically means lots of cross stitching and marathoning Pokemon movies.
    @SimGuruDrake Oh thank god. Glad you are alright. Hope you had a blast with Pokemon and stitching :smile:
  • akwilliamsakwilliams Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2016
    @DeservedCriticism I don't want to call your frustrations invalid, and I'm not. By all means, have them. But from my own experience, I'd bet all of my sims' lives that it went something more like this:

    Maxis (aka the people who very much want to make you happy) We know exactly what the fans want. There's some disagreement on several things, but we think we can make most of them happy. It'll cost 12,000 Simoleons. We might be able to do something close for 9,000.

    Money-havers (aka the havers of the money): Awesome. Here's 2,000. Now go be profitable or else.

    And then the Maxis friends go look at the forums. And they go from Sad to Very Sad.

    Again, I'm not calling you wrong. The fact that you and others are this upset shows that y'all really care! If you didn't, you wouldn't be here. Just please know that this all is very hard for the Maxis devs too. <3
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    @akwilliams I agree. I have no doubt that the Maxis devs are doing everything they can within the budget confines EA has set around them. I don't really blame them too much for what has happened to TS4. Really I think the major problems facing the series at the moment are the EA bean counters and whoever pushed for the original Olympus and online ideas that crashed and burned. Those two things are really what has lead us to where we are.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    akwilliams wrote: »
    @DeservedCriticism I don't want to call your frustrations invalid, and I'm not. By all means, have them. But from my own experience, I'd bet all of my sims' lives that it went something more like this:

    Maxis (aka the people who very much want to make you happy) We know exactly what the fans want. There's some disagreement on several things, but we think we can make most of them happy. It'll cost 12,000 Simoleons. We might be able to do something close for 9,000.

    Money-havers (aka the havers of the money): Awesome. Here's 2,000. Now go be profitable or else.

    And then the Maxis friends go look at the forums. And they go from Sad to Very Sad.

    Again, I'm not calling you wrong. The fact that you and others are this upset shows that y'all really care! If you didn't, you wouldn't be here. Just please know that this all is very hard for the Maxis devs too. <3

    I would believe this more if they repeatedly did not state that they have all the resources that they need, there were no cuts and they simply restructured the team to divide it into SPs, GPs, EPs and live. They're calling this a revolutionary live service, first for The Sims, yet honestly I'm ready to go back to no monthly updates, no "live" service, as long as the products that you're trying to sell me would go up in quality.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2016
    @DeservedCriticism Sims 2 does offer superior control over a town to some extent. The point is, not everyone will consider giving that up 'two steps back'. Because it will only work when you're prepared to play each and every household in that town. If you don't that town is twilight zone, with sims not aging and staying the same throughout your sim's life. Ah, but everybody wants to play rotational, right? No, not everybody does. You do. Being obliged to play rotational to have some kind of movement in that world is just as limiting as being limited to one family, just in a different way. And in fact the player even isn't limited to one household in Sims 3, you can rotate all you like in the game. Just turn off aging and SP, that's all there is to it. The question is, do I want that? The answer is: no. Because for me the fact I don't have superior control over the entire town is a step forward, not back. For me that resembles real life the most. I live my life, the town I live in evolves around me, beyond my control. Or in my control whenever I interact with the people surrounding me, just like in Sims 3. You see, your 'step back' is a step forward for me, like my step back is a step forward for you. There's nothing universal about it at all. The same thing with 'difficulty'. When difficulty involves having to constantly mind about need bars, I'm not enjoying a game, it's nothing but a boring grind. So again, also in this case, your step back is a step forward to me.

    And even though I personally happen to agree with your points concerning Sims 4, others may not. This isn't science, it's personal preference.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    You... you know that lobbies don't exist because the shell isn't one lot right? It's multiple lots high up in a shell, and the common area is just an extension of the public area, which explains why there's no loading screen and why the elevator just teleports you up there. If they did add a lobby, then they would teleport into the lobby and then teleport up their apartment. If the lobby was editable, then it would have its own loading screen, which everybody hates. Same reason why you can't edit common areas, because they're just public areas in a shell. The elevator is just a "teleport point" where Sims are transported to the public area right in front of the shell. Elevators aren't objects, just points of movement between the high-up public areas and the ground public areas.

    Oh, yet the lobbies existed without loading screens back in S2 *sighs*

    Yeah. Yeah. I read your second post. I get the sarcasm. ;)

    Yeah they existed back in TS2. Where the apartment building was one lot. Not one shell with a bunch of lots in it. So they're two completely different things... :neutral:
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

    It's nothing new. The same names will continue to buy. Negative reviews don't mean much. Neither do the complaints at this point.

    But they will at some point. When well known sites are giving negative reviews I think they will have some influence at those who did not make up their mind yet. Yes, I am writing on these forums my opinions but I think my strongest opinion comes from my own wallet which is zipped.

    The problem with taking SimsVIP seriously is that it's hard to distinguish between genuine criticisms and sour grapes.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2016
    Honestly I admit, I've been rather disappointed in the product of EPs for this iteration and this is coming from someone who would invest purely in EPs since the Sims 1. One of the major reasons why I loved them is because they had a life state that fit a certain theme to them. Now they feel like junk packs in that whatever didn't work in the themes of SPs and GPs get jumbled together in nonsense in EPs. It is like where the junk puzzle pieces go that were leftovers of the other packs. Also the ratio of premades over empty lots is too much. Not only does this conflict with the present limitation of space, it conflicts with the culling built into the game too. So yeah you have all these premades, but no space to put your existing Sims at and higher risk of your Sims being culled. They really need to at least up the cull limit with each new pack with future NPCs and premades.

    I admit I've never been a fan of the celebrity system. Only celebrity pack I really liked was the the original Sims Superstar. It had more than one celebrity in it and was really fun with the detailed careers in it. Actually the first time I've experience an active career in the Sims franchise and with how it was designed didn't bore me or get too repetitive. I loved all the different objects and gameplay in that pack too. I didn't have to worry about story progression effecting it. I have a bad feeling if a celebrity system would be put into place, it would have culling with it like relationship culling and that just would not do.

    The elevator I admit I was upset over and this pack was going to determine if the Sims team was going to finally bring in a real transportation into this iteration or not, but nope, it is just another FX effect and poof animation. For a simulation game, I've been expecting simulation travel.

    As far as Sims 4 worlds. I find them tiny domes kind of like in the Truman Show. The size of the hoods remind me of the Sims 1 a lot, so very outdated and tiny design to them. Only difference is the FX background which is nothing more than a green screen effect to me. Makes the Sims feel like they are trapped in a sitcom. I am actually more impressed by Overwatch worlds than Sims 4 ones I admit. I am tempted to write a story about the Sims 4 being all in the mind of Nervous Subject while he is going through torture. Maybe something I'll do when I have more time. The whole alternate universe totally seems like it would fit his tortured mind. @SimGuruDrake would http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/stories-and-legacies be the appropriate section for something like that?

    I did take the time to read the interview and overall I enjoyed reading it. I remember not being too fond of the "no Sims 5" comment. I admit I am gaining some respect for SimGuruGrant. He seems really passionate about the Sims and very blunt yet honest in his delivery kind of like LGR in some ways.

    This part was interesting, "I think there’s a lot of game here, and I think players – something we do, and we have sort of weird, semi-goofy mechanisms for which we do this – but something we’ve implemented in Sims 4 development is the notion of making sure our players get the right value for what they buy. We’re sort of obsessed with making sure they get more value than what they pay for, because we want our players to be happy. We want them to be playing the game for a really long time, and when we come up with more expansions, we want them to say, ‘Man, that last one had so much great stuff in it. This next one’s definitely worth my money.’

    We’re definitely not trying to do the quick cash out. It’s definitely something that we’re obsessed with."

    With the EPs at least it still feels like a quick cash out. So the Sim team I think still needs to find the right balance for them to feel like Simmers are getting the most bang out of their buck. From a business perspective it still feels like the microtransaction model of easy money.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I have to agree about sims 4 feeling like the Truman show. The whole world walking outside just to see you, not doing enough meaningful interactions.
    @Scobre

    Wish they would have stuck to their roots more and gave us more control.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited November 2016
    Games with lots of animation and complex AI are complex and expensive. This isn't Asteroids or a text-only RPG. And if you're selling a pack for $40, you can't put $80 worth of coding and animation in it. You have to make chooses. None of those choices will please everybody. I know we don't all get all our choices (I didn't, with this pack - I'll never, I think, be able to make my own house in this game - I live in a big-city downtown old rowhouse - and I'd have liked some basic elevator animation), but I don't see much point in being shocked and offended that choices have to be made. And I think that at some point, it's just basic reality that someone will like a thing I don't like or care for, and someone won't miss a thing I do miss... and maybe I'll turn out to like something that was actually chosen when it was either that or a feature I would also have liked.

    $80 worth of coding and animation is nothing since you sell it $40 x any% customers. Sorry to make your argument invalid.

    Flop 4 is a joke since the first day this "game" was out. It has always been like this and will never change.

    Elevator is too hard to make? Wow. Sims 2/Sims 3 did it well and these games didn't have the new technologies possibilities we have today.

    Your game is bad because you make it bad. Deal with it.


    No, doubling budgets to make things doesn't guarantee you get to double sales to make up the difference. It just doesn't work like that.

    And my game is just fine, thanks. Sorry you personally don't like it. Maybe you can find a way to deal with that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited November 2016
    No, doubling budgets to make things doesn't guarantee you get to double sales to make up the difference. It just doesn't work like that.

    And my game is just fine, thanks. Sorry you personally don't like it. Maybe you can find a way to deal with that.

    No, but making poor quality product guarantees that you'll see those sales drop. Which is what EA is seeing. And unless they get a grip that sales drop will be permanent.
    You know at this point, it's about time to start running the franchise at a loss - aka invest an unbelievable amount of money into it, perhaps into The sims 5. Because what they're sinking here is another sim city - a whole franchise down the drain. And in the long run that will hurt more than any kind of budget loss.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    No, doubling budgets to make things doesn't guarantee you get to double sales to make up the difference. It just doesn't work like that.

    And my game is just fine, thanks. Sorry you personally don't like it. Maybe you can find a way to deal with that.

    No, but making poor quality product guarantees that you'll see those sales drop. Which is what EA is seeing. And unless they get a grip that sales drop will be permanent.
    You know at this point, it's about time to start running the franchise at a loss - aka invest an unbelievable amount of money into it, perhaps into The sims 5. Because what they're sinking here is another sim city - a whole franchise down the drain. And in the long run that will hurt more than any kind of budget loss.

    Do you have evidence that sales are down? A bunch of people posting to a forum is only evidence that those people are unhappy enough to post to a forum; it isn't evidence of sales being down.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top