Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would anyone else buy a new game based on the Sims Medieval?

SharlaSedaiSharlaSedai Posts: 56 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I would really love to see a completely new game that is sandbox, but also totally set in the Medieval timeframe. No cars, no phones, nothing that I have to pretend out of my (attempted) Medieval games. Would anyone else be interested in something like this? I prefer the Sims Medieval/Sims 3 look and style rather than the Sims 4, though. I like the Create a Style and the color wheel, and I would definitely want toddlers to be included.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yes, yes I would. In a New York minute. I wouldn't even need to think on it. In fact I would walk 3 miles up hill in a snow storm.

Ooops, I thought you meant Sims Medieval, I loved that game.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SharlaSedaiSharlaSedai Posts: 56 Member
    I have the Sims Medieval, and I really love the game for what it is. But I would like to have a sandbox game as well, where people live and die and have families and work and play just like the regular sims games.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I would so love if The Sims Medieval had a proper sandbox mode! You know with the whole aging and dying thing!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    Definitely! :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Oh yes, absolutely. I would buy a sandbox life simulator set in the medieval era. A good portion of the CC in my Sims 2 downloads folder is medieval themed. I love historical stuff for my sims.
  • WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    yes. i still play sims medieval. i wish they would update it more. go back to it and make more expansion packs or even just quests.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Players kept asking for Medieval content for TS3 and instead they did a spin off. I played it a few times and then uninstalled it because it was just not what I wanted. The Sims were great and I loved the landscape...but the game play....just too goal oriented.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I love it and still play it. My one complaint is that you recreate the exact same kingdom with the same quests over and over. Each new ambition should have had a different kingdom layout and introduce new quests for variety. Yes, you can repeat the quests with different heroes and different outcomes but after 3 or 4 kingdoms it gets old and annoying. Also want the ability to build the houses and add rooms. There is something of a challenge to fit what you want in the limited space available but I think it would be more enjoyable if they gave you more freedom to build. I would LOVE an upgrade to this game.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited October 2016
    there are some similiar games set in a medieval or renaissance time
    since years there is the Guild series <<<, which is a single player
    & quite new is Life Is Feudal: Your Own <<<, which is a multiplayer, with two additional side games, an MMO & city building & management game

there are few historic management & strategy games, which don't really care for the creatures in them & there are of course some RPGs set in sort of a fantasy time
    but if you're looking for a game with open world, personality of characters living their daily lives, free building options in a 3D set up & all that fully customizable & true to history - there is no game like that, no matter which time you want, The Sims franchise is the closest you get & Minecraft

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • SharlaSedaiSharlaSedai Posts: 56 Member
    The thing is, if you had a world that had none of the modern things in it, you wouldn't have to play the Medieval era. Just tear down all the Medieval buildings and make your own; Roman, Greek, Cave-man, or Old West styles would all work, so the possibilities are endless.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Definitely! I mainly do Sims2, and there is hardly a house that is not at least influenced by medieval. Most neighborhoods have a castle, and one is medieval themed. Lots of CC, though. I like Sharla's idea of other styles.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I would love it but as with all things sim I would simultaneously be insanely frustrated I'm sure.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    I would considering I like the sims medieval and all, I also wish there would be quite possibly an updated version of castaway stories with either the look and feel of the sims 3 or 4.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited October 2016
    I always thought it would be cool to have a Sim version of a sandbox game that evolves technologically through time. I remember being super excited for the game Spore but that ended up being a huge flop.
    I think it would be fun to have to discover fire, then the wheel and other tools, etc.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I too would walk 3 miles uphill in a snowstorm for a new Sims Medieval Expansion Pack. I'd love Sims Medieval in the style of Sims 4.
    One of the things I really love about Medieval is the closed world and quests. And the Traits.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I would, I still play and still love this game!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I would, because playing quests seems very restraining for a Sims game. I wish there was a sandbox mode.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    I still play TSM and would play a remake of it or a new life simulator set in that time frame. I don't really care what art style they use, or if I can customize it completely, I just want it to have harsh consequences for death and sickness like the medieval world did.

One of the things I love about TSM is how easy it was for a sim to die in it. If there was a new life simulation set in the medieval era, I would want it to be like that. Challenging to survive in a harsh and crude environment splattered with some dark humor, because that's how it was back then.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • rainesrandirainesrandi Posts: 47 Member
    I would love a game that sims up the medieval era. I love TSM but I love sandbox world too and the different ambitions kind of break that up.
    GrandiSunshine
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I felt too restricted by the gameplay, so I'd probably not play such a game for long, but I'd certainly give it a try. I like the idea of offshot games for specific eras, though. I'd love an offshot in the roman era where you go from slave to consul across several generations. Your descendants could move into an outer province to build a settlement and have to make pece or battle (player's choice) the locals.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, it would be interesting to see what type of jobs and duties they would have. And I absolutely love the art style and graphics and MUSIC in TSM. I'm not a fan of moodlet system, but I think TSM's moodlet system is the best of all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I enjoyed medieval but it felt like I had done everything I could. A time machine based game would be fun. I would like to be able to go to the medieval times then Victorian and maybe the sixties, probably would be too complicated but I can dream.
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'd love a sequel to sims medieval, though actually I'd prefer it in the sims 4 style. I really liked sims medieval but disliked the repetitive, goal-oriented gameplay. If they did a remake, I'd like there to be a robust sandbox mode and make quests more of a minor part of the game. I'd like to be able to play the whole lifespan and have sims die of old age, passing their job onto their (playable) heirs. Give the player the opportunity to play real family drama and have it be a sims game that is just set in a medieval world. It would also be awesome to have multiple, connected worlds, perhaps with different royal families who could either be enemies or allies. And, like many people, I'd like to be able to build or at least really customize lots. A remake would be my absolute dream game, I love the sims and I love medieval stuff!
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Totally agreeing to @griffin1842! TSM is a great game and I still love it, but there is no way to set up a more complicated story and the sims not being able to die of old age is - let's say "not natural". What I really missed, too, was not being able to build one's own buildings or at least choose from several pre-built ones. Although I find them charming the feeling soon disappears when you furnish them for the fourth or fifth time and try to give it a new look :(
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Oh absolutely. I would love to see SM made into a full opulent version. For what it is now it is great and I have spent many many hours playing it but it is just so limited. I love the quests and doing them and would like to be able to have more added on in expansion packs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top