Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Style

112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
edited October 2016 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
I just want to make the comment I do not like having all versions of the Sims in the creative category together...I much prefer how the forum used to be set up dividing the Sims 4, Sims 3, Sims 2, etc. Every time I click a link in building tips for example I get Sims 3 information and I don't play that anymore...takes awhile to sort thru the correct topics for the version I play. And I really like the ideas I find in there.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    The Sims 4 and The Sims 2 still have their own Creative Corner sections in their respected sections. It's just TS3 doesn't have their own and everyone seems to use the Creative Corner that's listed right after the General section instead of the designated ones in their sections.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-creative-corner
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-2-creative-corner

Apparently there will be changes made to the Creative Corner sections according to this thread here made by SimGuruDrake a few months ago.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/891676/changes-coming-to-the-forums#latest
    •The Sims 4 •The Sims 4 Stuff Pack section will now be merged into general discussion. - COMPLETED
    •The Sims 4 Expansion Pack section will now contain all conversation in one area for EPs rather than be split up by EPs. - COMPLETED
    •The Sims 4 Game Pack section will now contain all conversation in one area for GPs rather than be split up by GPs. - COMPLETED
    The Sims 4 Creative Corner will be merged into it's own Creative Corner section along side creative sections for Sims 2 and Sims 3. We really want to help highlight our creative community in one space instead of separating by which version you are playing on. - IN PROGRESS

I'm hoping that this means that if they are going to merge all the Sims games into one Creative Corner that they have them in separate sub-categories. ex: The Sims 2 Creative Corner, The Sims 3 Creative Corner and The Sims 4 Creative Corner and not all together as I too would much prefer for them to be separated so that we can know that the story/ies that we are reading is for TS2, TS3 or TS4... :)
  • Options
    112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    I think I was just a bit frustrated yesterday because it was the 4th link I clicked on and it was for sims 3...lol But I would prefer the sub categories as well separating the different versions if they merge everything
  • Options
    TinaKawaiiSimsTinaKawaiiSims Posts: 101 Member
    112061 wrote: »
    I just want to make the comment I do not like having all versions of the Sims in the creative category together...I much prefer how the forum used to be set up dividing the Sims 4, Sims 3, Sims 2, etc. Every time I click a link in building tips for example I get Sims 3 information and I don't play that anymore...takes awhile to sort thru the correct topics for the version I play. And I really like the ideas I find in there.

i want the forums to be in catagories and themes and relevent topics to the subject
  • Options
    I think I was just a bit frustrated yesterday because it was the 4th link I clicked on and it was for sims 3...lol But I would prefer the sub categories as well separating the different versions if they merge everything

I don't blame you on this as I wish that the Creative Corner up wasn't mix together the way it is. This is also on of the reasons why I don't even view The Sims Facebook page anymore because there is more TS4 stuff being posted by the fans than TS3. I liked the pages before when there was a TS2 and TS3 before they combined all the Sims games into one page. I don't mind this site the way it is set up now since the games have their own sections to post in. I just wish that The Sims 3 had their own The Sims 3 Creative Corner just like TS2/TS4 has. But since TS3 doesn't have their section to themselves, I hardly venture over to the Creative Corner because of it.

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The forums have been a mess lately. I have no clue what these changes are benefiting as things have just became more difficult and frustrating to navigate since a few months ago, with each "update" being worse than the last. I just wish staff or a guru would say something.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    the forums need to have catagories and structure = a place for everything to be in = so its easy simple and useful and not a mess
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I don't blame you on this as I wish that the Creative Corner up wasn't mix together the way it is. This is also on of the reasons why I don't even view The Sims Facebook page anymore because there is more TS4 stuff being posted by the fans than TS3. I liked the pages before when there was a TS2 and TS3 before they combined all the Sims games into one page. I don't mind this site the way it is set up now since the games have their own sections to post in. I just wish that The Sims 3 had their own The Sims 3 Creative Corner just like TS2/TS4 has. But since TS3 doesn't have their section to themselves, I hardly venture over to the Creative Corner because of it.

this is so true! gurus need to see this , respond and make it happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    lisasc360 wrote: »

this is so true! gurus need to see this , respond and make it happen.

I think even when this site first started up in 2014, The Sims 3 Creative Corner wasn't even called that as it was just The Creative Corner and got moved around a few times until it ended up where it is now.

I just wished that they given us a poll on whether we wanted this changes or not. I saw a poll that was made last year in The Sims 4 and Modeling sections asking if the TS3 and TS4 Modeling sections should be merged together but it looks like the "No's" out-weight the "Yes's" and so the 2 sections are still separate.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858694/should-we-combine-the-ts4-and-the-ts3-sims-and-modeling-sections/p1
  • Options
    MasanasNielsenMasanasNielsen Posts: 7 New Member
    I haven't read the comments, but it seemed the most relevant to my question, I guess. But how do I start a discussion. I have done so before, but a long time ago and have no memory of it.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited October 2016
    I haven't read the comments, but it seemed the most relevant to my question, I guess. But how do I start a discussion. I have done so before, but a long time ago and have no memory of it.
    There should be a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. If you don't see it there new discussion threads may have been restricted for new members. You have to become a full member first. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts. Look here for more information.

• Options
    discussions are for members only :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

Hello @MasanasNielsen .
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, , even when previously you were able to start a new thread.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

If you have a game issue, you could post about your issue on another similar thread that another simmer has already started, and there will be simmers that will help you with your issue.
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited October 2016
    Back to the original topic. I was confused by this new way of dividing sections too..

There seems to be 3 different creative corners now.

one 'main' where all sims generaions (1,2,3,4) seem to be thrown together
    Builders section for example

and in the 'The Sims 4' section there is still a subsection "creative corner"
    The Sims 4 creative corner

And also a 'The Sims 2' creative corner
    Creative corner

I wouldn't mind the new main creative corner at all! IF there was a subsection in the for example builders to The Sims 1/2/3/4.
    Now I have to click on a thread, oh, it's The Sims 3, not what I was looking for.

To make my comment actual feedback: Great idea to make a main creative corner, but subsections would be handy to make it clear for which The Sims generation it is. Like the current The Sims 4 creative now has a subsection for lots - Sims/modeling - Stories/legacies.

Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member

I have to agree. The versions are different enough so as to just about make them different games, so it seems better that they be categorized as such

PS cool "avatar".