Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires in city life PLEASE

Comments

• bouramamabouramama Posts: 17 Member
    I hope they at least make un game pack like the sims Makin Magic. A little magic world with Magic like a new skill for our sims. They make Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat and I think they can make a Sims 4 Makin Magic in the same way. I DON'T WANT TO WAIT A OTHER YEAR OR MORE TO HAVE MAGIC IN MY GAME!!!! Please don't just listen the fans who don't want magic and supernatural in their game. WE EXIST TO !!!
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited September 2016
    i think supernatural is going to be like the toddler thing...
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    bouramama wrote: »
    I hope they at least make un game pack like the sims Makin Magic. A little magic world with Magic like a new skill for our sims. They make Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat and I think they can make a Sims 4 Makin Magic in the same way. I DON'T WANT TO WAIT A OTHER YEAR OR MORE TO HAVE MAGIC IN MY GAME!!!! Please don't just listen the fans who don't want magic and supernatural in their game. WE EXIST TO !!!

You make it sound like people are going around yelling "I don't want supernaturals in my game" which isn't the case. I'd assume at the point that they turn around and say that they didn't intend for supernaturals in the game to become a tradition that they're going to stop putting in supernaturals for the most part. So far there's nothing been said/indicated to break that assumption.

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am also waiting for supernaturals. Hope we will see them soon!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited September 2016
    Supernaturals are and have been, very popular in the sims. They will create occults at some point and, IMO, based on the way other things have been done, they will be incredible. I can not wait for them to be in my game. I already have tons of plans for most of the more popular supes.
    I plan on creating a save based on Anne Rice novels. Recreating some of her characters in my game. Hers could be really scary and frightening so I hope the supes can have a dark edge to them. I also want a lighter, fun edge for my Harry Potter save. So, I hope supes can be whatever we want them to be and not limited to just one type. And no sparkling vampires.
  • Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    There are no new life states in City Living. What a bummer...
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think Vampires would work better in their own game pack.

That said, if they don't actually do that and simply stop producing supernaturals I'll be very annoyed. There's no excuse for gutting this staple of the series.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I really hope vampires will be included this time. EPs take forever to be released and the game gets dull easily.
    We need more quirky stuff in the game!

There are no new life states featured in the new EP.

I think you will find there is a lot of stuff in this EP and I hope you give us a chance to share that information with you throughout the coming weeks :)

@SimGuruDrake I'll patiently wait to see what is coming with this EP but I have my doubts if it's going to make up for the lack of alternate life states. It's one of the things that has kept me with the franchise all these years. Without them it feels even more like a partial game. I've been waiting to see what this EP would bring and it was going to be my point of continuing or giving up. Unless this EP adds more substantial game play, deepens the traits so the Sims might act a little differently from each other and make it a little less frustrating if you're a player who doesn't use mods at this point I don't see a reason to go on.

I'll be hanging around to keep up the good fight for better content but playing....it's just too disappointing.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I really hope vampires will be included this time. EPs take forever to be released and the game gets dull easily.
    We need more quirky stuff in the game!

There are no new life states featured in the new EP.

I think you will find there is a lot of stuff in this EP and I hope you give us a chance to share that information with you throughout the coming weeks :)

No Vampires? then what the heck are you all waiting for?, I have been waiting for Gothic items and characters from day 1, so when are they going to show up, or are you all just making Me waste My time waiting for them to finally show up, and they never will? .
    Arletta wrote: »

You make it sound like people are going around yelling "I don't want supernaturals in my game" which isn't the case. I'd assume at the point that they turn around and say that they didn't intend for supernaturals in the game to become a tradition that they're going to stop putting in supernaturals for the most part. So far there's nothing been said/indicated to break that assumption.

But some people are yelling they don't want them. I see it every time they get mentioned. I think I'm done. I'll hang around to keep lobbying for better content but I'm pretty sure I'm done with TS4. By the first of the year I should have enough saved for a kicking butt gaming computer and I'll just go back to 3 and play it the way I've always wanted to see it...with high graphics.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

But some people are yelling they don't want them. I see it every time they get mentioned. I think I'm done. I'll hang around to keep lobbying for better content but I'm pretty sure I'm done with TS4. By the first of the year I should have enough saved for a kicking butt gaming computer and I'll just go back to 3 and play it the way I've always wanted to see it...with high graphics.

Sounds great to me, I think Ill go back to My Monsterville I made in My Sims 2 and also play Sims 3, until they finally decide to add what I want in the dang game, Tired of all the Happy go lucky Sunshine, I want My DARK and Dismal Graveyards.
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member

If they just released proper filters on supernaturals like we had in TS3 it wouldn't matter if people wanted them or not.
    Ianamus wrote: »

If they just released proper filters on supernaturals like we had in TS3 it wouldn't matter if people wanted them or not.

Or even made them player triggered like TS2. All I know is that I think this franchise is being ground down to nothing but superficial Sims and distracting fluff.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Or even made them player triggered like TS2. All I know is that I think this franchise is being ground down to nothing but superficial Sims and distracting fluff.

I don' get why people even were so upset with them in 3 . They hardly show up, and they were hard to find . I mean you can only interact them unless you search for them . Or talk to them , they were pretty easy to ignore . The only time they were tedious was in the supernatural expansion pack,. Which you can turn off

I don' get why people even were so upset with them in 3 . They hardly show up, and they were hard to find . I mean you can only interact them unless you search for them . Or talk to them , they were pretty easy to ignore . The only time they were tedious was in the supernatural expansion pack,. Which you can turn off

I guess they get in the way for the realistic players. Look what happened with aliens. The thing I find so funny is that TS didn't start out to be a completely realistic game and now when it isn't players fuss that it isn't.

Exactly, so why they complain bout them I will never get either, it is not like you have to go out of your way to not bother with them, even though I make sure to find them every chance I get, Luv Gothic & Supernaturals, :).
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

I can understand where they are coming from. Bridgeport had a disproportionately high number of vampire NPCs, and while it made it easy for my Sims to find one and get bitten it was also probably rather intrusive for people who wanted to play in the city and not have the undead stalking the night.
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I can understand where they are coming from. Bridgeport had a disproportionately high number of vampire NPCs, and while it made it easy for my Sims to find one and get bitten it was also probably rather intrusive for people who wanted to play in the city and not have the undead stalking the night.

Bridgeport? that is Sims 3 right? I will really have to go there then, sounds like it would be My Favorite place to go then, since I have not been there yet, :)

Bridgeport? that is Sims 3 right? I will really have to go there then, sounds like it would be My Favorite place to go then, since I have not been there yet, :)

You've got supernatural, so there really isn't any reason to go there. Back in the day you couldn't make a vampire in CAS, so you had to get a bite from an NPC.

I guess they get in the way for the realistic players. Look what happened with aliens. The thing I find so funny is that TS didn't start out to be a completely realistic game and now when it isn't players fuss that it isn't.

Actually that was not the reason at all there not here . Apparently when games expansions start out they try to think what they fit the theme . So the reasons there weren't in the last two . Had nothing to do with people complaining. (SimGurus drake coment bellow)

"I know the team looks at different ideas of what content can be added into different packs (SP/GP/EP) to see what will fit. They are definitely aware of the desire for more lifestates. As for Aliens in GTW: They fit with the theme of the Scientist career so it was natural to have it paired with that content."

Funny when I play Bridgeport it was hard to find anyone to turn my sims . And in clubs they hardly show up . It goes to the same saying, they only interact if you talk to them.

Actually that was not the reason at all there not here . Apparently when games expansions start out they try to think what they fit the theme . So the reasons there weren't in the last two . Had nothing to do with people complaining. (SimGurus drake coment bellow)

"I know the team looks at different ideas of what content can be added into different packs (SP/GP/EP) to see what will fit. They are definitely aware of the desire for more lifestates. As for Aliens in GTW: They fit with the theme of the Scientist career so it was natural to have it paired with that content."

If it's a case of what might fit why after 19 consecutive expansions over 15 years do they suddenly find that a life state might not fit? It seems there was always a compatible life state before. Some were playable, some were NPCs but there was always at least one.

Funny when I play Bridgeport it was hard to find anyone to turn my sims . And in clubs they hardly show up . It goes to the same saying, they only interact if you talk to them.

The first time I found them was about 30 minutes into my first play of the pack. Vlad and Elvira and Jessica were all standing around in front of the movie theater on 11 am during a weekday. They were just about everywhere in my time spend in game.

You've got supernatural, so there really isn't any reason to go there. Back in the day you couldn't make a vampire in CAS, so you had to get a bite from an NPC.

That is true, but I think it would be fun for Me as well, if I did it the old way as well, and wait for a Vamp to bite My sim instead of make one already, thanks for the info, :)

The first time I found them was about 30 minutes into my first play of the pack. Vlad and Elvira and Jessica were all standing around in front of the movie theater on 11 am during a weekday. They were just about everywhere in my time spend in game.

That s weird , maybe the expansions of late night . Each had a different way to decide which npc on the lot