Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Life State :( SimGuru Drake Confirmed

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Shampuru wrote: »
    I find it a bit depressing. All the screaming and crying over the ayy lmaos in GTW probably killed it. Some people just seem to hate fun.

I really hope we get some in the future EPs though. I really enjoyed playing with vampires and genies. Plant sims were fun too. Mermaids were quite interesting. I just want more life states, human sims get so boring.

I get some people don't enjoy playing with occult sims but I don't understand why so many seem to think if they don't like it nobody should.
    I kind of thought the same. Many people really don't seem care for either the aliens or ghosts, so I guess they're being cautious about adding life states now. I feel like the whole issue could be solved with on/off toggles like TS3 had.

If that's the reason, then that's on Maxis - I believe most simmers that don't like ghosts or aliens don't like them because how they are implemented, and would love a better implementation. Personally I don't play ghosts, because they're just see through sims, but I'd love ghosts more like the one we had in Sims 2. And Aliens are okay, but I don't play them because of how the disguise works - I don't like the limitations.
    So I really hope they don't add new life states because of that - they just have to get off their behinds and actually make something that simmers want to play with, with options to turn them off, and options to how they work in the game.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm not surprised, but I like life states in expansion cause it makes the game interesting and fun.
    giphy.gif

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I don't mind them not being there if they are anything like the sims 3, I.e town overrun. I liked how they were done in TS2, there but you had to find them. But I don't mind them not being there, I understand why they are popular.

I would like this approach, I want supernaturals so bad in my game but want them to be special and possibly dangerous.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I find it a bit depressing. All the screaming and crying over the ayy lmaos in GTW probably killed it. Some people just seem to hate fun.

I really hope we get some in the future EPs though. I really enjoyed playing with vampires and genies. Plant sims were fun too. Mermaids were quite interesting. I just want more life states, human sims get so boring.

I get some people don't enjoy playing with occult sims but I don't understand why so many seem to think if they don't like it nobody should.
    I kind of thought the same. Many people really don't seem care for either the aliens or ghosts, so I guess they're being cautious about adding life states now. I feel like the whole issue could be solved with on/off toggles like TS3 had.

If that's the reason, then that's on Maxis - I believe most simmers that don't like ghosts or aliens don't like them because how they are implemented, and would love a better implementation. Personally I don't play ghosts, because they're just see through sims, but I'd love ghosts more like the one we had in Sims 2. And Aliens are okay, but I don't play them because of how the disguise works - I don't like the limitations.
    So I really hope they don't add new life states because of that - they just have to get off their behinds and actually make something that simmers want to play with, with options to turn them off, and options to how they work in the game.

Personally I don't like supernaturals because that's not the sort of things I like to have in my stories no matter how awesome they could be, it has nothing to do with implementation, it's the theme itself. Just like Superheroes or magic wouldn't interest me, while farms and schools would. I only briefly played some of the life states in TS2 for examples (vampires, aliens and simplants I remember, perhaps some others too) because these didn't fit in my stories.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Tradition or no, supernaturals are something very specific to certain playstyles and I think adding them on a non-supernatural pack without giving the fans the means to disable them, is a really bad move. You may like supernaturals, but there are many others who don't, or maybe just want to play a more realistic save where supernaturals don't exist. But they don't get the option to do so, unless they skip an entire EP that adds other useful, non-supernatural content. Besides, look what happened to aliens. Alien abductions and male pregnancy was tuned down immensely because of people complaining. You really want something similar to happen to other lifestates that are crammed in on another EP? If a Supernatural EP ever gets released, I'll be happy for both those who wants them as well as those who don't, because then they can just ignore said EP.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think they are definitely going to do another Supernatural expansion pack this time around. That way everyone who wants that kind of stuff in their game can get it all at once. As someone who normally ignored different life states, I really enjoyed Sims 3 Supernatural so I am looking forward to what they can do with them in Sims 4.
  • Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    What a disappointment. The EP was perfect for vampires or genies, but I guess the new Sims are too serious and real for that.
  • Good. I don't want supernaturals and would be fine if they went the way of the toddler.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Can't say that I'm disappointed by this. I was hoping they wouldn't include any new life-states in this EP (I never liked that tradition).

I think, when it comes to The Sims 4, Supernaturals will be better fit inside of an EP that revolves around them.

I can kind of understand why people expected it, though, and I feel bad that they aren't going to get a new life-state to play with. But TS4 is a lot different than past The Sims games.
    They've taken a new route, and a lot of old traditions have come to an end.
  • tiffanyst21tiffanyst21 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am really trying to be openminded with the sims 4 and to keep hope but i can see myself giving up on this game i have been playing the the sims since the sims 1 and i find myself losing intrest in this game i went from playing every day to maybe 2 or 3 time a month i get that yhey wanted to try something new but taking away toddlers and refusing to say anything about we the cusumers concerns is crazy we are the ones spending money on this game insuring that you simgurrs have a job you can at least adress them but we get cant talk about it at this time that is not what we want to hear after 2 years of the same thing if you want us to stop asking give us the truth because not answering us only makes us upset stop blaming us and telling us we are not understanding of how hard u work to be truthful we are we understand that it takes time and hard work gor you guys to put together what you think we as the cusumers will love we get that but to be slient or blame us gor ur lack of understanding to our conerns about the game is out right crazy our conerns and questions are letting you kniw we are unhappy thus far but we still have hope
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2016
    Neia wrote: »

Personally I don't like supernaturals because that's not the sort of things I like to have in my stories no matter how awesome they could be, it has nothing to do with implementation, it's the theme itself. Just like Superheroes or magic wouldn't interest me, while farms and schools would. I only briefly played some of the life states in TS2 for examples (vampires, aliens and simplants I remember, perhaps some others too) because these didn't fit in my stories.

I can understand that, I don't want supernaturals in all my stories either, that's why I want options. Options to turn certain life states off, and more options for when I do include them in my stories. The aliens of Sims 4 is a good example - I don't play them because I want them to seem more human even when not disguised. The game limits the way they look as aliens and not disguised, and I really want a disguise to be more like changing skin tone, hair and eyes, but still look like they look when they are not in disguise. I can't even keep the facial features for their disguise, because the game won't let me, there's no option for it. This detail changes the whole thing for me, so I don't want to play them.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited September 2016
    Grynn wrote: »
    It's better this way, both for people that don't like supernaturals and people that like it. Of all the decisions this team made, ending this silly tradition of craming a random life state in every expansion pack just because they had to was a good one, just look at how shallow witches are in Apartment Life, I remember being extremely disappointed back then, or how vampires were also shallow in The Sims 3 until Supernatural added a bunch of interactions to it?

I love supernaturals, but I want them in a dedicated pack, not as an afterthought. I don't want just green witches with a few spells, I want fully fledged magic like in Makin' Magic, with alchemy and a magic secret world, or Supernatural too had amazing witches with actually useful spells and potions.

That only works if they actually make a Supernatural themed expansion, and at the current rate of one expansion pack a year it looks like Sims 4 will have run it's course long before that point.

It's been two years since the game was released now, and the game has barely changed. I'm fed up with the "It will have a dedicated pack in the future, you should be happy its not included" mentality. Let's be honest, 99% of the time that "dedicated pack" simply isn't coming, and the feature is as dead as toddlers and all the other features removed from the series in TS4.

I do think that a city themed expansion should focus on the city aspect, but I'm not going to tell the people disappointed at the lack of supernaturals that they should be grateful and wait for a pack that most likely isn't coming.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Neia wrote: »

I can understand that, I don't want supernaturals in all my stories either, that's why I want options. Options to turn certain life states off, and more options for when I do include them in my stories. The aliens of Sims 4 is a good example - I don't play them because I want them to seem more human even when not disguised. The game limits the way they look as aliens and not disguised, and I really want a disguise to be more like changing skin tone, hair and eyes, but still look like they look when they are not in disguise. I can't even keep the facial features for their disguise, because the game won't let me, there's no option for it. This detail changes the whole thing for me, so I don't want to play them.
    I don't play them for the same reason. I wanted the disguises to be just like their alien selves except human-looking, but every time I switch my alien in and out of their disguise it completely changes. Then there's also the issue of aliens faces constantly changing when they age up. I normally like aliens but these ones are so disappointing :(
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • paige35617paige35617 Posts: 52 Member
    While I'm hoping we don't have to wait another two years, I am happy they didn't add a life state in City Living -- it looks like it has enough.
    "Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain" - Vivian Greene

tumblr_lzyx3cfbsx1ql141xo1_250.gif
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Bummer we don't get any new life states. :( I'm hoping we get more NPCs!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Reading this topic (at least, the first page) I'm beginning to wonder if this is what it takes to be able to fully appreciate Sims 4. The ability to cheer settling for less. Must be...
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I'm really glad they've stopped adding new life states in each EP. That was such a bad trend started by TS2.

You know, not only settling for it, but cheering it. I wonder if I'll be able to find that mindset one day. If I do I'll make sure to throw it away.

Except it's not "settling for less" when you don't want the feature in the first place. A lot of players, myself included, have never or rarely used the supernaturals and would prefer that the packs focus entirely on their main theme. That way, everyone who is interested in that theme can buy and play the pack without having to deal with a partly or wholly unrelated feature they don't want. I think this is a good choice by the devs, and I'm sure they'll make some great supernatural themed content eventually.
    Don't you think any pack will have features you like and not like? But I'll correct myself then: settle for less and egocentrism.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Meh... the only lifestage I want is toddlers and the rest is meh....
    giphy_1.gif
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    I thought they said EP's would cater to all play styles. When last I checked there was a huge set of players who play with supernatural sims...another lie?
    Anyway I'm not shocked at all, this EP looks OK but still nothing to rave over.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Himynameis wrote: »
    I thought they said EP's would cater to all play styles. When last I checked there was a huge set of players who play with supernatural sims...another lie?

Not at all. I am sure aliens are perfectly capable of staging an abduction from a penthouse deck!

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Meh... the only lifestage I want is toddlers and the rest is meh....

Toddlers isn't a lifestate.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I LOVE (most) supernaturals, and have played several legacy families of witches in Sims 3. But I'm ok with there being no supernaturals in these packs. Maybe a pack will come out that focuses just on supernaturals in the future. That would be kind of fun. I never, ever used vampires in sims 2 or 3. In fact, I would always get annoyed when vampires bothered my sims. But maybe they'll be in a spooky game pack or something in the future, for the people who like them.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Honestly due to the absence of a "Supernatural" in "Get Together" I never expected it in this one. And you know what even now that it's confirmed of no new life state. My excitement has not changed an inch! I love this EP and will love it even more as more information is released over the "Eternity" it's going to take to get to release day! It seems like in The Sims 4 life states will only be added when it's needed or it fits the theme!
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited September 2016
    The second quarter of the "No Life State" backlash to begin with me popping the popcorn with the large Slurpee to begin in 5...4....heard a scream..3...someone just threw a brick at their own windshield because of the no life state announcement....2...1.....

(1,000th comment is for a developing backlash yay!)
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

Reading this topic (at least, the first page) I'm beginning to wonder if this is what it takes to be able to fully appreciate Sims 4. The ability to cheer settling for less. Must be...
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I'm really glad they've stopped adding new life states in each EP. That was such a bad trend started by TS2.

You know, not only settling for it, but cheering it. I wonder if I'll be able to find that mindset one day. If I do I'll make sure to throw it away.

Except it's not "settling for less" when you don't want the feature in the first place. A lot of players, myself included, have never or rarely used the supernaturals and would prefer that the packs focus entirely on their main theme. That way, everyone who is interested in that theme can buy and play the pack without having to deal with a partly or wholly unrelated feature they don't want. I think this is a good choice by the devs, and I'm sure they'll make some great supernatural themed content eventually.
    Don't you think any pack will have features you like and not like? But I'll correct myself then: settle for less and egocentrism.

Of course they will, I didn't mean to say that all packs should only include content that I like. That would not only be egocentric, but totally naive and foolish. But your comment implied that the people who are happy about there being no supernaturals in this one, are just "happy with less content", which is twisting the point of their argument. Arguing that it's a good choice to save supernaturals for a separate EP is not the same as saying you're happy with EPs having less content. The rest of your post was really interesting and well argued, there is not necessarily a connection between quality of the supernaturals and what kind of pack they are included with. Which is why it's so interesting to discuss wether or not this turn is a good thing or not, hopefully without accusing each other of egocentrism every time someone use their personal playstyle as an example.