Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Life State :( SimGuru Drake Confirmed

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Never been a fan of supernaturals so this is one bit of news that does not upset me but I do hope they come for the players who love them. I hope they're holding off on adding new life states till they get the basics in such as toddlers and possible preteens so when they're added everything will be in place for them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed right now.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    As much as I'd love a Supernatural EP ( not GP please), not all lifestates are supernatural. What about mermaids, genies, robots, plant sims, etc…?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    well this is good news and i hope they never bring back supernaturals to the game

If you don't want to have something in your game-don't buy it. Other people here want supernaturals and you should respect that.

I once asked if a GP can include 1 supernatural. Graham said me it would be interesting.

Could be than some sn have their own GP per example werewolves or fairies or plantsims. While others included at a EP

• emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    edited September 2016
    Simguru Drake confirmed no new life state in this pack. :'(

Where did SimGuru Drake say this? I'm trying to find the source but I can't (It doesn't help that the forum page seems to be glitching out a bit, because when I go on SimGuru Drake's forum profile the options to look at her comments and discussions just aren't there).
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    Simguru Drake confirmed no new life state in this pack. :'(

Where did SimGuru Drake say this? I'm trying to find the source but I can't (It doesn't help that the forum page seems to be glitching out a bit, because when I go on SimGuru Drake's forum profile the options to look at her comments and discussions just aren't there).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15191167#Comment_15191167
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I never play with other lifestates so I am quite glad they are holding off on them now. I'd rather them put them in one pack that way you can choose whether or not you have it.
  • FilipeSantosFilipeSantos Posts: 138 Member
    the ep being garbage without launching yet amazing work... Rachel is gone and the bad managment still remain ahahah #giveup #RIPsims ahaha
  • CarriedAwaySimsCarriedAwaySims Posts: 17 Member
    Honestly, I was not expecting a new life state in this expansion. Since there has been so much uproar over the lack of toddlers, I wouldn't be surprised down the road if an expansion like generations comes out that includes the new life state. As much as it would be nice to have toddlers, I am honestly getting quite sick of the complaints. I am sure if the Sims team could add toddlers right now they would, I don't think it's case of them not listening to us - I think they have a good reason that it's currently not available. I don't think it's something we should get "mad" at them over. I prefer a quality game over a game filled with things that would be nice, but make the game play experience not as good. Once they figure out the issue with toddlers, they will come. I am not worried.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    This doesn't bother me. While I enjoy supernatural life states, I truly think their going to all be put into a single pack, minus aliens of course. I think having most supernaturals in one pack will lead to more fleshed out content for them. :)
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    I find it a bit depressing. All the screaming and crying over the ayy lmaos in GTW probably killed it. Some people just seem to hate fun.

I really hope we get some in the future EPs though. I really enjoyed playing with vampires and genies. Plant sims were fun too. Mermaids were quite interesting. I just want more life states, human sims get so boring.

I get some people don't enjoy playing with occult sims but I don't understand why so many seem to think if they don't like it nobody should.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    the ep being garbage without launching yet amazing work... Rachel is gone and the bad managment still remain ahahah #giveup #RIPsims ahaha

Some people's logic surprises me. "If EP doesn't come with a lifestate - it's garbage." smh :/
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Aaaand here comes the disappointment in the packs again! I can't go 1 full day of being realky excited for a pack in The Sims 4 can I?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Shampuru wrote: »
    I find it a bit depressing. All the screaming and crying over the ayy lmaos in GTW probably killed it. Some people just seem to hate fun.

I really hope we get some in the future EPs though. I really enjoyed playing with vampires and genies. Plant sims were fun too. Mermaids were quite interesting. I just want more life states, human sims get so boring.

I get some people don't enjoy playing with occult sims but I don't understand why so many seem to think if they don't like it nobody should.
    I kind of thought the same. Many people really don't seem care for either the aliens or ghosts, so I guess they're being cautious about adding life states now. I feel like the whole issue could be solved with on/off toggles like TS3 had.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    shocked-face.jpg
  • IceheartIceheart Posts: 37 Member
    Are we ever going to actually see life states or life stages in this game? Two years in and none to speak of - plus toddlers still being a "don't ask" subject - doesn't make me hopeful.

We have plenty of CAS choices, furniture and interactions, but for some reason anything that touches on changing the worlds or the Sims in it is a no-go.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I think this pack is full enough as it is. I'd rather they put all supernaturals in one EP or GP so they can fully focus on making them great. But that's just my opinion.
    I completely agree. It's better to put all of the supernaturals in the same pack.

And I would actually be more excited for superheros , metahumans, and villains than supernaturals.
    I still love supernaturals, but I feel they are getting old. I'm tired of "twilight", give me joker and deadpool.

I've been wanting something along those lines since TS2. Superpowered Sims could be a lot of fun.
    I mean, we get the odd costume here and there (and the top of the law enforcement career in TS1 and 2 actually was a superhero), but even so. A superpower-themed EP could be a lot of fun.
    wJbomAo.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think this pack is full enough as it is. I'd rather they put all supernaturals in one EP or GP so they can fully focus on making them great. But that's just my opinion.
    It's better to have supernaturals in their own dedicated pack(s). I have a feeling GTW would've turned out a lot better if aliens had been in a different pack of their own. Aliens could've potentially turned out better if they had been in a dedicated pack too.

The best life state in Sims 3 (in terms of being totally optional, well thought through, doing what they're supposed to do and heavenly bugless - I've played five generations with them, I think I'm entitled to say so) are the genies. They came with Showtime. Aliens in the game are fine as well (Seasons, no bugs, lots of options). A very bugged and boring life state in the game are the werewolves. They came with Supernatural. And fairies imo are very limited and can't even really fly. Supernatural. Should I mention the zombies...? I honestly don't see a connection between the quality of life states coming in seperated packages or added to one.

Just saying.

Reading this topic (at least, the first page) I'm beginning to wonder if this is what it takes to be able to fully appreciate Sims 4. The ability to cheer settling for less. Must be...
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I'm really glad they've stopped adding new life states in each EP. That was such a bad trend started by TS2.

You know, not only settling for it, but cheering it. I wonder if I'll be able to find that mindset one day. If I do I'll make sure to throw it away.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

Totally agree here.
    Any life state added on this pack will be watered down.

All supernaturals should come in a more detail nice way in one EP
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    edited September 2016

JoAnne65 wrote: »

Reading this topic (at least, the first page) I'm beginning to wonder if this is what it takes to be able to fully appreciate Sims 4. The ability to cheer settling for less. Must be...
    I'm really glad they've stopped adding new life states in each EP. That was such a bad trend started by TS2.

You know, not only settling for it, but cheering it. I wonder if I'll be able to find that mindset one day. If I do I'll make sure to throw it away.

Except it's not "settling for less" when you don't want the feature in the first place. A lot of players, myself included, have never or rarely used the supernaturals and would prefer that the packs focus entirely on their main theme. That way, everyone who is interested in that theme can buy and play the pack without having to deal with a partly or wholly unrelated feature they don't want. I think this is a good choice by the devs, and I'm sure they'll make some great supernatural themed content eventually.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'm really sad they stopped with the tradition they used to have, i mean i can understand it because they want to add new aspects to the game. And the ep looks good, I was just hoping for it because so far I used to play out stories with either family or supernaturals in my sims gameplay.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Except it's not "settling for less" when you don't want the feature in the first place. A lot of players, myself included, have never or rarely used the supernaturals and would prefer that the packs focus entirely on their main theme. That way, everyone who is interested in that theme can buy and play the pack without having to deal with a partly or wholly unrelated feature they don't want. I think this is a good choice by the devs, and I'm sure they'll make some great supernatural themed content eventually.

You're missing the point. It's not about whether you use them or not it's about what is expected when you bring a game like TS (a FOURTH edition, I might add) to the table. Whether people like them or not supernatural sims have been a tradition (intentional or not) in this game. MANY people like them. They were done so well in TS2 I *still* have trouble finding them in UC.

--T

ETA: I also agree with joAnne. I don't get his mindset of having things removed. If you don't play with a feature, fine, don't play with it but don't deprive others of the option to do so.
  • ZerakZerak Posts: 57 Member
    Aaaand my hype for the expansion just died. Yay basketball, graffiti and apartments? Things I will never use... I guess I'll be back next year when the next expansion comes out to see if its more my style.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited September 2016
    You know, at first I thought I should bow to those mighty souls who don't 'settle for less' and are above us who apparently do. But then, I reconsidered and reported instead. That was uncalled for. I hope the weather up there on your high and mighty horse provides more sunshine than you try to block. :|

And while we have no real say in how these packs are made, and therefore can't possibly 'deprive others' of anything as a result, I do hope karma whisps around and no more Supernaturals ever come in this game, just because hey, apparently I somehow have that power now.

Consider my pom-poms waving proudly in the air.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    I'm really sad they stopped with the tradition they used to have, i mean i can understand it because they want to add new aspects to the game. And the ep looks good, I was just hoping for it because so far I used to play out stories with either family or supernaturals in my sims gameplay.

What made me mad was when they said that it wasn't a tradition at all. TS2 and TS3 say otherwise.
    1FKDfKj.png