Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maps of The Sims 4

Comments

• ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I always thought they would make great use out of the "empty spaces" over time as EP's came out that would require certain lots, objects etc that they could add in themselves (since everyones maps are universal)...but I haven't really seen that other than like "spawner" stuff from what you all have mentioned on the forums.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    on my windenburg map where you have "BRO" I have Dock Den . . ..
    is this because bulldozed the lot & evicted the sims to build a restaurant there ?

Now, when you put a lot from the Gallery, it will automatically change the name of the lot to its Gallery name.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2016
    I would like to see them expand the maps just enough to include those areas that we see sitting just beyond the boundaries of the existing neighborhoods. It looks to be like there's some prime real estate out there. And it would a shame to see it go to waste.
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2016
    simmese wrote: »
    What gets me is all the wasted space.
    They could have placed a few more lots down in that neighbourhood instead of leaving it blank

It's not blank as it looks - just walk around the neighborhood - where it looks empty has fake houses and things you can't see on that map. That hood doesn't even really look quite like that on the ground. Like you cannot stand on a street with one group of houses and look across to the other group of houses like this map shows. The map is a lie. Look for yourself.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Thank you for posting these! This will be very useful.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I wish EA had made the maps slightly more accurate. I don't mean things like the distance between neighborhoods, I know it's like that for a reason. I just mean more detail in each neighborhood so that you can actually tell from looking at the map where the roads and rivers really are in relation to the houses, and what is in the public spaces between them.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited June 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I wish EA had made the maps slightly more accurate. I don't mean things like the distance between neighborhoods, I know it's like that for a reason. I just mean more detail in each neighborhood so that you can actually tell from looking at the map where the roads and rivers really are in relation to the houses, and what is in the public spaces between them.

I agree 100%. I have tried many times to draw a map that connects Willow Creek, Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade (they look like they belong together so I often play them as different parts of the same neighborhood; Widenburg being a town up north and Oasis Springs being a a military base far south). However I have found it to be an impossible task. Even if you load each lot and look at the roads and buildings around it, there is no way to connect all the different sub-hoods in Willow Creek, much less come up with a way to connect these with Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade. It's frustrating.
    Well that's not quite what I was trying to say. I mean setting aside the bits *between* the neighborhoods, that we know are not really there. The sections of the map that have each seperate neighborhood in should be accurate for that particular neighborhood. I can't tell by looking at the map what is really in the immediate area of each house. For example one lot on the map is next to some kids play space, but it does't show in the map so I get a surprise when I load the lot - I find it hard to choose a lot to build on by looking at the map as I have no idea what the actual neighborhood has in it, or where the road or river really is until a load one of the lots.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    That's annoying too. In my opinion they should completely redo the maps and make them more accurate, similar to the ones we had in TS1-TS3. Those were good so I don't get why we've gone backwards in this department...

There is a chance that they'll address this if the "Town Life" EP is ever released (since they mentioned that you could customize public spaces and such so it would only make sense that the maps actually reflected these changes)
    I wonder... can modders get to the map images at all? Maybe someone could redo them to show more detail?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Why was this necro-ed?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Why not? As long as the topic remains on topic why not carry on in one thread instead of starting a new one?
  • ErasimusErasimus Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks, @RacerX780 , for sharing your hard work.
  • RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    You're welcome. Haven't been on the forums much lately... I'd still like to update these all.

Never enough hours in the day. lol
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Maybe I'm just too old but I don't understand what this post is about. could someone please calmly explain it to me. maybe I'm just dense.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Maybe I'm just too old but I don't understand what this post is about. could someone please calmly explain it to me. maybe I'm just dense.

Just info, on the first page. I find it useful for hunting down Gallery homes made for a specific lot I might not have the original name of anymore, etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising Thank you. I honestly couldn't work out what people were getting excited about. so simmers actually build for a specific lot, I didn't know that.
    @luthienrising Thank you. I honestly couldn't work out what people were getting excited about. so simmers actually build for a specific lot, I didn't know that.

Yep :) It's partly about matching terrain to what's around, or it can be about matching the neighbouring premade houses or the backdrop buildings. (I did the last thing for some of my Newcrest builds.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    It's also helpful to place on the same lot if you use MOO a lot. It's less likely stuff will snap back to grid. ;)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

so if I wanted to find a house for In the Middle of Nowhere in Widenburg how would I find one???
    edited July 2016
    so if I wanted to find a house for In the Middle of Nowhere in Widenburg how would I find one???

Try using the hashtag #middleofnowhere Some builds will also have that as their name still.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Another key function to having the original names, would be if you want to visit a neighbour, who aint at home. Their whereabouts is usually written with the original name.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Thanks a lot for the maps !
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Love this! This will be of great use for some of the @BuildnShare challenges! :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Here is a map of Forgotten Hollow. I hope it is helpful.

6H4A1r7.png