Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we buy the next expansion?

Comments

• revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Did I miss some drama or is this just typical "I'm upset and I need you to be too!"?
    &PHgr;
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I haven't really played during summer, so if that continues then I simply wont buy it. If I get into the game again then very likely I'll buy it sooner or later.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I purchase my games the same way I purchase any other stuff I want. If I like the look of it, I will buy it. If I really like the look of it, I will buy it on day one. If it's not something that I have to have right now, I will wait for a sale. :mrgreen:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Um, there's something wrong with your title. You buying or not buying City Life has no bearing on mine or anyone else's decision to or not to, and vice versa.
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    I never understand people who are lead by other people's subjective opinions to sway them on the purchase of anything. You either like what you see and give it a try yourself to make an informed decision or not.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    the answer is yes i am buying the next ep because i went them all so the answer is yes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    the answer is yes i am buying the next ep because i went them all so the answer is yes

Clearly!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Hard to say at this point as we don't know anything about it. There would have to be some pretty in depth marketing, really showing what the game can do and I'd have to really believe it before pre-ordering. I might just wait for a review- they come out ten seconds after the game launches so it's not a long wait.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am going to see what features it entails and then depending on that I will get it.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    If it's the City Life Expansion?

It's iffy, I have to like the layout of the town, and if it comes with other things I like, maybe.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2016
    What's up with all of this "we" and "us" stuff?
    I am not a part of "you", I am myself and I do what I please. If the next EP appeals to me, I'll buy it - like with everything else I decide to or decide not to buy. It makes no difference to me what you as a person or you as a group (whoever you are) do.
    Hannie wrote: »
    What's up with all of this "we" and "us" stuff?
    I am not a part of "you", I am myself and I do what I please. If the next EP appeals to me, I'll buy it - like with everything else I decide to or decide not to buy. It makes no difference to me what you as a person or you as a group (whoever you are) does.

tumblr_o1icbkf2Hr1qjl5rvo1_250.gif
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I'll purchase whatever Maxis releases, as I am proud to be a Maxis fanboy. o:)

I really hope you're being a troll...
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
    I'll purchase whatever Maxis releases, as I am proud to be a Maxis fanboy. o:)

I really hope you're being a troll...

He is a troll but he's also serious so...
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Um, there's something wrong with your title. You buying or not buying City Life has no bearing on mine or anyone else's decision to or not to, and vice versa.

This OP. "We" are not robots and everyone can choose what they want or not to buy. For me, I'll wait for more info but honestly I'm pretty sure I'll get it. But that's my decision, not "Our" decision.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I'm actually sitting out for the entire lifespan of the game now, after The Sims 4 stops and we start nearing 5, I'll look at everything on offer and decide would it be worth it. My biggest fear is that I'll be looking at 4-5 expansions and 30 stuff packs and will go "no".
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Yes, I will be buying it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited August 2016
    Jerrid_120 wrote: »
    Are you waiting for a review to tell you if it's good or not? Or are you just going to be faithful to an iffy company and purchase it on day one?

Remember EA listens to our wallets.

Closer to the first. If I like the features and mechanism details of the pack overall after trailers and blog posts and the pre-release liveplay and guru answers to the questions I have or share with others, if I'm sure I'll use the content enough to merit non-sale price, and if I've got free time on release day, I won't wait. Otherwise, I'll wait, but not only for reviews - also for what I see people doing with the pack here, and for free time to use it.

I don't do "faithful" to companies, even ones I don't think are iffy.

(fixed a typo)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Your tittle is going to annoy some people. At the end of the day, people can do what they want with their money, even those who complain about the game but still support it anyway by buying all the packs. It is what it is. As for me, no, I won't be buying the next EP, even if it adds apartments (which is something I want very much) because so much of my playstyle is still missing, so I know I won't be able to enjoy the game anyway.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'll wait for simsvip to do a guide on it, which for EP's they usually do way before the release date. (How do they do that?!)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2016
    While I'm feeling very negative about the game at the moment I do think the previous two expansion added a lot to the game and I was able to enjoy it for quite a while after Get Together before it grew stale, so I'd buy the next expansion if it had a theme I liked.

If it is indeed a "City Living" themed expansion then I will definitely be buying it assuming it doesn't look like a complete mess, because It's one of the two expansions I really care about seeing in Sims 4.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'll purchase whatever Maxis releases, as I am proud to be a Maxis fanboy.

Even when that said company is Blaming you for the game's downfall? Sorry but a company shouldn't put blame the consumer for it's game doing terrible or why they are mad.

Sorry but I'll be waiting. I'm not going to support this plum kind of practice.

Um no one is blaming anyone, because there is no downfall. EA are boasting about The Sims 4 in their financial reviews, and Devs are posting on Twitter how good the game is selling.

Are you trying to tell us EA are blaming us for making The Sims 4 the best selling PC game two years in a row?
    And their best performing game in 2015, alongside Fifa?

Hang on, regardless of whether or not it's EA's best performing game (which I doubt) ... TS4, as far as I can tell, isn't the best-selling PC game (at least not of 2015)? Unless you mean something else?

Here's what I found:

Top 20 best-selling video games 2015 (no sims)
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/best-selling-video-games-2015-2016-5?r=US&IR=T/#no-12-lego-jurassic-wrold-9

50 best-selling video games 2015 (no sims)
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/14/50-best-selling-video-games-of-2015-revealed-5623732/

Top 10 best-selling PC games worldwide (no sims)
    http://top101news.com/2015-2016-2017-2018/news/gaming/best-selling-pc-games-world/

Sales of the best-selling pc games of all time worldwide as of June 2016 (sims yes, but not TS4, instead it's TS3)
    http://www.statista.com/statistics/275226/best-selling-pc-games-of-all-time-worldwide/

ETA:

One other thing I'd like to add to this. Perhaps to you there is "no downfall". And that's fine. Ideally, we would all want to feel like that. But to say that the franchise overall hasn't dropped in ratings? That actually isn't true. Just look at the Metacritic ratings for all 4 Sims games (and metacritic is probably one of the best sources to go looking for a more or less unbiased overview, since it aggregates all kinds of reviews, both positive and negative, from a wide variety of sources, so I wouldn't just disregard that):

Sims 1: 92% Metascore / 38 critics - 7.9 User Score / 439 Ratings
    Sims 2: 90% Metascore / 61 critics - 8.8 User Score / 652 Ratings
    Sims 3: 86% Metascore / 75 critics - 7.7 User Score / 860 Ratings
    Sims 4: 70% Metascore / 74 critics - 3.9 User Score / 2012 Ratings

As much as I understand that you like the game, please don't call everyone a troll or a negative person that doesn't. They're quite clearly not the only ones who have doubts...
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'll wait for simsvip to do a guide on it, which for EP's they usually do way before the release date. (How do they do that?!)

I've never seen their guides come out before release, except for pre-announced info. Usually it seems to take a few days to a week for all the pieces to come together. @SimsVIP_Admin is around here now and then, though, and could probably talk about how they put the guides together sometime :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lbsykeslbsykes Posts: 36 Member
    I'll be buying it. I love Sims 4. I have a bit of an OCD about having all the packs so even if I don't like it I have to buy it anyway. The human mind is a funny old thing!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    First I have to know what's in it.
    Apartments, Bands, and the Mayor's career and City Hall lot from the surveys sound interesting to me, but I have no idea if they will actually be in the EP.

Then I have to know how it works.
    I will have to see reviews and get other simmers opinions firsts.

Even then, this EP will not give me what I need (toddlers and pre-teens/or reworked teens)
    If it makes what I have a little more entertaining while I wait for the game to get what I need, I may go for it, but I might just put it on the waiting list like the last Game Pack and couple of stuff packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds