Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm really looking forward to the new sim 4 eps are you guys

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    The worst possibility I can think of..........is if TS4 tanks they could blame the player base and not make a 5. You know, not owning up to the idea that they have disappointed so many players and say the game has run it's course.

Even that thought doesn't disappoint me at this stage. I have little faith 5 would be much better than 4, given the thought process behind execution. There's a high possibility 5 won't appeal to me either. I want a simulation that more or less mocks both the light and dark sides of life (to put it as shortly as I can). The market wants rainbows and unicorns, according to research. I want a challenging game that doesn't focus on tasks, goals, and collectibles as its main focus. I want actual gameplay. The market would rather have the game play itself with as little challenge as possible, according to research.

Just think of how challenging and annoying toddlers were, right? According to telemetry (the market), that kind of thing is out.

Casual gamers are the 'in' thing. Unfortunately, I'm not a casual gamer. I want substance.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'm kind of dying for an EP over here, but I'm not excited, yet. I kind of need to know what the EP will be about and when it will release to actually hit launch on excitement. lol

I have neither of those things officially, yet, so I'm just sort of... just chilling in the gray zone. lol

I enjoyed GTW and absolutely adored GT, so I do expect EP 3 to be something worth smiling about and buying, but I need more info!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I just want to know something. Out of the new ep and gp that have been released so far has had some disappointments. It seems that the majority of want I don't want in pack is greater then what I want. While there is some stuff I want, it isn't enough to keep me playing. With all other Sims games by the time I started to get bored something new came along. With TS4 I play for maybe a month, if that, and I am bored again. This whole series in the franchise just seems to me that they do just enough to say they are giving us what we are asking for.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    To me it really depends on what the next expansion pack is and when its release date is. I don't want something useless. I would like seasons or pets just something that changes the gameplay completely with having animals and weather in the game.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm excited but also planning for disappointed
    let's forget about get to work for now because jeez .....
    when I first saw the trailer of get together I was like what the hell is this ? what does it add ? ... then the club system was introduced and I WAS HELLA EXCITED , I WAS LIKE HELL YES I WILL CREATE A CLUB OF BEE GIRLS WHO WILL FLIRT AND WOOHOO WITH EVERYONE IN TOWN
    and then the EP came out and I created that club and guess what .... they didn't do plum ... there was no kissing .. no flirting ... no woohooing ....... and it turned out that if You want to have these interactions You need to be romantically involved with someone first ... and I was like well what's the point then ?! You know ? that's one thing ...
    the other thing was the "Rival" club thing , I was like OH HELL YA , when my bees see the ratchet weaves drama will happen & we'll get like a cool rival sound track thing and everyone will be fighting ...
    but it was dead AS FUUUDGE .... no drama .. no fighting .... no nothing

so like when the next expansion pack gets announced and trailers are revealed no matter how good things look in the trailer or how juicy the articles about that expansion pack is I won't get excited until I actually play it , I don't trust anything anymore
    Post edited by Dramatic-Gamer on
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Exited for what? The very only EP in this year? LOL
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Excited? No. Especially since y'all favorite guru came up here pleading with us to stop asking for stuff we've had previously and embrace new experiences. So nah I'm getting numb to it all.

that killed it for me too. Sure add in new items but when the base game is lacking features MANY people need for it to feel complete, why add in fluff that only entertains people for a short amount of time. What is with game companies and also wanting BIGGER and newer things.

YOu guys know that wedding term, "something new something old something borrowed something blue" ? Maybe they should apply that to the sims :*
  • mnyxmnyx Posts: 36 Member
    I'm excited yet apprehensive. I guess we'll find out this fall!
    tumblr_ox6lw9iaeh1tcw5z8o1_1280.jpg

sig and pic by cooper322
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Maybe the borrowed could be toddlers and the blue the rain?
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    No because it will be something silly and probably wont be generations so im not hyping at all.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    First there was the guru who said supernaturals weren't a tradition for the game and now there's Drake's comment about being surprised we'd take the old vs the new. I say give us what made so many of us fall for the game and invests so much into the franchise first and then experiment with new themes.

OP: Im more curious than excited. Last time I was excited for an EP it ended up being GT.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'm going to be very disappointed if we waited this long for something we didn't ask for. I think if the sims team wanted to continue to make money they'd give us something we all so desperately want, core Eps. Something that would catch everyone's attention. I get that they want to make new experiences, but with the lack of content we have it's very hard to enjoy it. I probably would have accepted GT way more if we had a full base game. We don't and we have to continue to wait every month for something that should have been there from the start. I just hope the sims team can pick themselves up and show us that The Sims 4 can be a great game. :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm not excited right now ... nothing has been announced. I'm sure when it is I'll ride that kid before Christmas feeling again though :).
    I almost hope they don't announce it with too much time to wait before release... waiting for GT after the announcement was fun for awhile then it got hard to wait and the excitement wore thin.
    egTcBMc.png
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm not really excited yet. I feel like both eps were underwhelming and don't really have high hopes for the next one.

Instead of adding a new way to play the game and centering an EP on it like GT. I think we need an expansion that adds more to the game as it is. Like sure you can join a club now or run a business, but there's no new traits to make a restaurant loving type of sim... Sure we got dance lover and insider for GT but that was all. Where were the counter traits like grumpy/frumpy sims that hate all this party business.

We need more careers, more aspirations, more traits and tweak the traits to actually affect the sims personality on a higher level.

Also we need new beds and apartments.
    Post edited by hmae123 on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Just from reading between the lines based on comments dropped by certain Gurus and from the lack of validation on any requests for certain information, I am deducing that the EP will not be released any time soon. I don't expect an EP this year at all.

If they do release one in 2017, I do not expect it to be anything that we requested, such as Generations etc. They seem to be taking this game in a whole new direction which is to appeal to an age group between 13 and 19.

Annette

Expect an EP this Fall.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow, I just realised it has been a year since an announcement for an EP... well tomorrow will be a year. Yeah I think I can make it :). I hope you are right that it will be out by this fall @catloverplayer.
    egTcBMc.png
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Unfortunately I can't be excited for something I don't know. I have mixed feelings about the next EP: on the one hand I feel hopeful that it may actually be good (taking into account the last stuff packs and Dine Out are pretty detailed and good and also the fact that they are taking FOREVER to release this one). On the other hand, I am concerned, because the two EPs we have gotten so far have not been that good in my opinion (particularly GT) and the fact that they are taking so long could also mean they have run into problems and will end up releasing a half baked pack again...
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    You know when somebody says the game has potential and somebody else pops up to state that they can't play with/get excited by potential? Same. I don't get excited by what might come. I'll get excited (assumably) when I know what is coming, not before.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Just from reading between the lines based on comments dropped by certain Gurus and from the lack of validation on any requests for certain information, I am deducing that the EP will not be released any time soon. I don't expect an EP this year at all.

If they do release one in 2017, I do not expect it to be anything that we requested, such as Generations etc. They seem to be taking this game in a whole new direction which is to appeal to an age group between 13 and 19.

Annette

Expect an EP this Fall.

I hope you're right because if not it'll be a year since the last EP and I'm not sure how well that's going to go on the forums.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Annette

Expect an EP this Fall.

I hope you're right because if not it'll be a year since the last EP and I'm not sure how well that's going to go on the forums.

I could not agree more. A Q4 EP is very much a necessity at this point.
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I don't even know what to feel anymore.
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2016
    The worst possibility I can think of..........is if TS4 tanks they could blame the player base and not make a 5. You know, not owning up to the idea that they have disappointed so many players and say the game has run it's course.

Part of me hopes this does happen. Then there will finally be a gap in the market and another studio will be free to release a life simulator that is actually decent on release and has all of the basic features people want.

As for the OP, im not excited at all. They have made it clear that they don't want to add the features we loved in previous games. No supernaturals, no toddlers and no weather...

I expect twerking and cheap celebrity tie-ins, with some dead memes thrown in for good measure. That is clearly what their new target audience is looking for.
    Post edited by Ianamus on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    More irritated than anything else.
    Only 2 EPs so far and I have no idea if the one I really want will be next, or if it will be made at all.
    This only compounded by not wanting to play the game because of what I feel is missing.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm honestly not excited. I'm just about over waiting, it's been way too long since we have gotten an EP. I understand that things are different now in terms of production, but I miss the Sims2 and Sims3 days when we could expect 2 EPs and maybe a stuff pack or two a year, and those EPs were always exciting. I want those things I was excited about, pets, seasons, generations, supernaturals, apartments, brought back into this game. I don't want something "new," I want what is missing from this game that I loved in previous generations.