Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm really looking forward to the new sim 4 eps are you guys

I know its hard waiting but I feel like a kid at Christmas I dont know what they are but I'm so excited
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Alorxico I have to agree with you. I am concerned. Also with GTW came game breaking bugs, with GT we got more. In fact with each patch I seem to get a new bug(s) with each one.

I do know that unless this upcoming EP has a wow factor for me I'm done.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    I'm excited. I like the game packs and stuff packs, but I'm ready for something bigger. I know it's still going to be a while until they officially announce anything. Probably september/october, oh well.

If the game was going to be cancelled, I'm pretty sure EA wouldn't bother developing anything more. They'd just end all development at once and move on. No point wasting money developing more DLC for a game that they're planning to drop.
    I'm excited. I like the game packs and stuff packs, but I'm ready for something bigger. I know it's still going to be a while until they officially announce anything. Probably september/october, oh well.

If the game was going to be cancelled, I'm pretty sure EA wouldn't bother developing anything more. They'd just end all development at once and move on. No point wasting money developing more DLC for a game that they're planning to drop.

Or you could look at is as putting out minimal content to try to get a return on the investment until they have a new game to announce.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I may have bought Get Together and Get To Work, I liked them I constantly use the content, but I don't feel excited... maybe it has to be announced first/be something I want, then I'll get excited.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member

Or you could look at is as putting out minimal content to try to get a return on the investment until they have a new game to announce.

I supppose, but I'm not one who always assumes the worst.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited August 2016
    haha
    I mean I am I don't know about anyone else lol..
    200.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    could be something none of us thought of but I think it might be so good that we cant imagine siming without it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • likely6likely6 Posts: 24 Member
    I'll be excited for new packs once I know what they are. Information goes a looooong way.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'm excited and disappointed at the same time. One minute I think since they're taking so much time that they'll give us something we all wanted, then I remember that the sims team is unpredictable now a days and could give us something we didn't ask for. :( Hopefully they've learned from they're mistakes with GT and give us a core ep like Pets, Generation, University, or Seasons. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Alorxico wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm more concerned than excited. Yes, a part of me hopes that this next EP will be epic because they have taken almost an entire YEAR to work on it, but it's the fact that it has been a year since the last EP that makes me concerned. The last time I got involved in a game that had this little communication between the developers and the players, the game was canceled after they released a really horrible expansion pack that gave the fans none of the things for which they had been asking ... and they used the failed EP as the excuse for the cancellation.

But I hope I am wrong. I hope this next EP is everything the community has wanted in the Sims 4 and more. I hope it has toddlers and seasons and pets and more vacation spots and magic and werewolves and vampires and the superstar system from Sims 3. I hope it has all that and a bag of chips, but until we hear something, anything from EA I am going to be pessimistic.

It won't have all that stuff.
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Alorxico wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm more concerned than excited. Yes, a part of me hopes that this next EP will be epic because they have taken almost an entire YEAR to work on it, but it's the fact that it has been a year since the last EP that makes me concerned. The last time I got involved in a game that had this little communication between the developers and the players, the game was canceled after they released a really horrible expansion pack that gave the fans none of the things for which they had been asking ... and they used the failed EP as the excuse for the cancellation.

But I hope I am wrong. I hope this next EP is everything the community has wanted in the Sims 4 and more. I hope it has toddlers and seasons and pets and more vacation spots and magic and werewolves and vampires and the superstar system from Sims 3. I hope it has all that and a bag of chips, but until we hear something, anything from EA I am going to be pessimistic.

You can't fit THAT much content in a single Expansion pack.

I would prefer them work on Expansions one at a time, the focus should be around one or a few subjects.

You can't speed up the cooking time of a cake, you'll have to wait until it's just right. :P

I supppose, but I'm not one who always assumes the worst.

At this point I don't think it's assuming the worst.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Maybe they are not annoucing it yet because if it did and it goes closer to the release date, it will likely be rushed. Remember they delayed the get together date a little long but the expansion pack was good anyways but i did think there were more content planned but havent got time.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    No, I haven't been excited about any of them but GTW, and I don't use that often anymore either. I would rather get 4 SP that I use all the time than a $ 40.00 EP that I use once or twice, but use the stuff out of it all the time.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I echo the concern that others have stated regarding this next EP. The prior two were a bit underwhelming; Get Together in particular left a bit to be desired. That combined with what has been a year between substantial new DLC has given the prospect of a new expansion something of a make-or-break situation for the game. The general consensus seems to be that this EP had better be something good or a lot of people are going to start making for the door. And the catch 22 is that when people start anticipating great things it opens the door for disappointment.

Let's hope Maxis can deliver.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'd love to be excited, but then I keep reminding myself of what disappointing patch they'll introduce before it. I personally can't imagine what's left to cull, nerf, or break, but I'm sure the devs can.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited August 2016
    i want to hear more before i get my hopes up, personally.
    as many have said previously, i'm not very trusting in EA atm. :)
    i support others being excited, however!
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Not really, I didn't care for either GTW or GT so I'm concerned EP3 won't appeal to me either
    Also I don't like to get excited for things I know nothing about, since I'll only end up disappointed.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    The worst possibility I can think of..........is if TS4 tanks they could blame the player base and not make a 5. You know, not owning up to the idea that they have disappointed so many players and say the game has run it's course.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Yes but with pretty nervous anticipation. The topic over the recent tweet from GuruDrake veered for a while into a discussion about why some segments of Simmers don't want "new" things. That makes me think it's going to be something "new". There's no way I could say that's going to be good or bad- I can't even say that it won't include toddlers- maybe it'll be an entire toddler pack where we can truly view the world through their eyes (i.e. you can choose a camera angle that shows everything from their vantage point) and explore everything around you from touching a hot stove to chasing a ball. That would be "new" but I just don't think that's it and I'm not sure anyone would think broad enough to include a feature like the camera angle viewpoint from near the ground. Anyway, we don't know what it is or when it is. At least at Christmas time I know what date it's coming AND I have at least some idea of what it'll be based on what I've asked for/ shown an interest in. In this case there's none of that- I won't even be surprised if there's no EP until the turn of the year.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Excited? No. Especially since y'all favorite guru came up here pleading with us to stop asking for stuff we've had previously and embrace new experiences. So nah I'm getting numb to it all.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I am too. :) My Sims need new things to do!
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Just from reading between the lines based on comments dropped by certain Gurus and from the lack of validation on any requests for certain information, I am deducing that the EP will not be released any time soon. I don't expect an EP this year at all.

If they do release one in 2017, I do not expect it to be anything that we requested, such as Generations etc. They seem to be taking this game in a whole new direction which is to appeal to an age group between 13 and 19.