Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

124...Next

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm bored with guessing, I'll just bide my time and wait and see. I'm not expecting anything spectacular, that way I won't be disappointed.

Anyway, it's still a long, long way off yet. Even if it came early next quarter that is still 2 months away. It could come out in December for all we know so what's the point in getting all excited about something we have no info on that could be 4 months away? It would be a bit different if we'd had a teaser about it.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Still hoping for apartments and more beds any expansion that has those two items gets my money.

yea, apartments and bunk beds, loved them.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we get another world to live in, I don't want a small one like GF and I don't think they would waste their time on a small one like GF. When they give us another world, I am convinced it will be large with a lot of interesting places to go and interesting things to do. Anything else would be backing up and people don't want them to back up to the old ways of doing things.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Just another speculation thread. Why not call it what it is instead of this whole "I read somewhere such and such pack is coming". Who are you trying to fool?

well first wasn't sure what to call the thread anyways so that doesn't matter and yes its another speculation thread. I'm not trying to fool anyone just read somewhere about these eps and was wondering what people think about it nothing else. never said its what is going to come out or anything like that I was just asking so instead of rushing off and telling me I'm fooling people maybe think twice about what you read and write I'm not fooling anyone just asking opinions about what I read and I did read somewhere such and such cause that is where I found the info. Not fooling anybody just opinions

Let's review shall we? Your whole first paragraph in your original post plays out like you're privy to some information others may not have or trying to be Sherlock with the whole "I've read in various places our next pack may be ____ based on the articles I've read on various sites. I'm not sure but this may be happening..." then you go on to ask our opinion.

Pure speculation. As others have posted you're not reading anything official from the company so the articles are already speculative.

Anyway have fun speculating. If Staff is paying attention they may go ahead and move this to the ideas section where it belongs.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    Did anyone one notice the outdoor heater in the restaurant EP? You can actually warm a sim up. Maybe it's a hint to seasons and snow skis. We've never had snow skis. Anyone checking the possible hints like they used to? But then again with that angry bird feeder, it just might be pets.... OOOh! Squirrel!!!

You mean Gamepack? Yes and I hope you're right about it being a hint to seasons.

yes, you're right, gamepack! I would love seasons, but moreover I would love a vacation pack incorporated with new places to visit. What's a wedding without the option for a honeymoon? And lounge chairs sims can lounge in! Who wants to sit by the pool on a bench?! And we need a live in Nanny and a butler. It would be great to have maids quarters for them.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Into the Future would be a nice expansion pack :)

That was in Sims 3 and it sucked. In my opinion, anyways. And most likely, if they had that, they would say, the toddler stage was obliterated due to a virus from the past!
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited August 2016

That was in Sims 3 and it plum. In my opinion, anyways. And most likely, if they had that, they would say, the toddler stage was obliterated due to a virus from the past!

:D This made me laugh so much! I have all the sims three expansions but I play without in to the future it was a PLUM expansion for me. I loved the robots and I hated all the future world stuff and style. Also how the future family tree didn't have any real connection to your sims!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would rather have a "city living" pack as a GP with apartments and a new city world with laundry etc. tbh. A celeb thing would annoy me right now, since I don't feel that there is enough features with deph to make being and becoming a celeb worth-while. In TS3, you could become famous by having a lot of friends. That's popularity, not famous-hood. I'd prefer celebs to come with an art-central pack that fleshes out ways to express oneself.
    As for supernaturals, I never really gave them a try in TS3, but I would this time around bc I think they would look amazing and be really fleshed out, since the devs are focussing on detail. I just think it would be odd to release it this early on.

Of course, this is my opinion so if you like it/dislike it that's cool too.

City living with apartments and a new world are too much for a GP. That needs to be in a EP.
    Not really. Camping and restaurants worked well in a GP format. The world really doesn't have to be large for apartment living. Not like the Sims 4 worlds are that big anyways. EPs don't guarantee a new world. Apartments are generally tiny so don't need a lot of room for them. A world the size of Granite Falls would work well for apartment life. Granite Falls was bigger than Magnolia Promenade anyways.

It's not so much the size but the time/budget. You would need designers to design the world (would they go off one of the existing worlds like they did with Newcrest, or something different?) and all the buildings. That's on top of all the other work that needs to be done for a city world -- flora and fauna (pigeons? rats?), routing, new activities and interactions, maybe a new career or two.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

That was in Sims 3 and it plum. In my opinion, anyways. And most likely, if they had that, they would say, the toddler stage was obliterated due to a virus from the past!

:D This made me laugh so much! I have all the sims three expansions but I play without in to the future it was a PLUM expansion for me. I loved the robots and I hated all the future world stuff and style. Also how the future family tree didn't have any real connection to your sims!

It actually felt a bit rushed to me -- like they were just trying to get something out to signify the end of Sims 3 and the transition to Sims 4. Plus, the fact that it came so close to The Sims 4 probably had most players either passing it up or only giving it a cursory playthrough. If it's something they fully develop a time-travel (future and past) pack could work, I believe.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

It's not so much the size but the time/budget. You would need designers to design the world (would they go off one of the existing worlds like they did with Newcrest, or something different?) and all the buildings. That's on top of all the other work that needs to be done for a city world -- flora and fauna (pigeons? rats?), routing, new activities and interactions, maybe a new career or two.
    Why apartment life and night life were treated as two different themes. There is only so much "city stuff" you can fit into one pack. I actually think the city stuff is being spread out through multiple packs anyways. Why restaurants got its own theme. I think apartments will get its own theme too so it can be focused on more. I still think Maxis was going for the city theme when making Get Together with all the venues. So as far as a city theme, I can see it spread out into multiple packs more for maximum profit. I'm pretty sure Maxis wants to milk the YA stage for all its worth for this iteration.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • hailey080702hailey080702 Posts: 47 Member
    Oh I really hope it's Seasons! I love seasons and holidays in the Sims!
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Ianamus wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit tired of "We can't have x before toddlers" or "They shouldn't add y until z, z is more important".

I'm in the camp that if we see pets before toddlers then they don't care. If they can't figure out how to add toddlers I have little hope for pets. They'll face the same issues as toddlers and babies.I'll be genuinely surprised if they don't chain pets to objects despite saying they wouldn't.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit tired of "We can't have x before toddlers" or "They shouldn't add y until z, z is more important".

At this rate nobody is getting anything they want, and I'm sure that myself and many others have things they want more than toddlers or other features people consider 'basic'. Whether it's before toddlers or not, I want more supernatural lifestates and a city neighborhood with high-rise buildings to be added to the game. Seasons are next in priority for me.
    It goes about anything. I mean I've been waiting two years of getting x before toddlers. So when does it end? Everyone has priorities of what they want first and what they think is important. Comes off as pot and kettle judging others for what they want and saying that "I should only get what I want" regardless of the feature. By the end of the day, we are all guilty of complaining for features that we want for this iteration. No one is better than anyone else except SimGuruDrake because she's a dragon warrior superstar who puts up with all of our requests. I don't envy her job at all.

My point was that while there are things I want more than others I'd never say we should get something before something else. Everybody wants the things they want to come first, obviously, but I see a lot of people saying that they outright deserve to get what they want first, for whatever reason, particularly in regards to toddlers.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016

My point was that while there are things I want more than others I'd never say we should get something before something else. Everybody wants the things they want to come first, obviously, but I see a lot of people saying that they outright deserve to get what they want first, for whatever reason, particularly in regards to toddlers.
    Well with toddlers it is a life stage, so of course people are going to be upset there are x amount of pack themes that are getting made without them. Kind of like how YA were confined to only one pack with the Sims 2.

Seasons and pets are two themes I just really care about that I want all life stages to experience together that's all. If they don't come, well then I guess the Sims 2 and 3 will remain better in those areas for fleshing out all the life stages equally not just the YA/adult life style.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • xmeghnaxxmeghnax Posts: 42 Member
    If it's going to be a City EP, then I would really hope for apartments. The worlds are getting cramped as it is and there is no new space for new families. :/
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Well the cat is out of the bag now on what the next EP is going to be. I don't know how Maxis plans to handle damage control now. I wish that they would just go ahead an make the official announcement on City Life now. But most of us here knows that that's not likely going to happen.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Well the cat is out of the bag now on what the next EP is going to be. I don't know how Maxis plans to handle damage control now. I wish that they would just go ahead an make the official announcement on City Life now. But most of us here knows that that's not likely going to happen.

They'll make us wait a while I think
    giphy_1.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

They'll make us wait a while I think
    I'm thinking until after the start of the next quarter at least. I'm thinking that because I'm thinking that this City Life EP as some sort of free contents to it. And they can only make the announcement on those Packs in the same quarter that their free contents is to be released in.