Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Anyone know when the EP3 is to come out. I thought it was sometime in Aug
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

They confirmed that no EP is coming this quarter (July-September). So it may be released next quarter (October-December).
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

It "might" be in the next quarter which begins in October.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OliiveSims wrote: »
    I've had the supernatural EP's in the past, but they are def not my favorite. I would still buy it if it's next but I'm hoping they add seasons/weather to the game first because I feel like it's such an important element that's missing :'( I have no idea what will be next though, I'm at a loss for ideas !

I could not possibly agree more. Weather and climate have added so very much to every title to which they have been added. I have always considered it unfortunate that the seasons EP has always come in the second half of the game's development cycle. Hopefully it comes very soon. Oasis Springs is a nice neighborhood, but I long to move my sims out of the desert.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Supernatural life states are indeed on the short list of things that I would like, but I put seasons and pets first.

I am sorry but I feel that to have a pets expansion before a generations expansion, would be a slap in the face to (lack of a better term) "family players" If they can make small dogs and things that can walk around and do things independent other sims, then basically they can make another life stage for the sims 4. I am not a fan of toddlers in my game, and still would like choice, but I think to have pets before they have toddlers is just kind of wrong in my opinion.
    Yeah it would feel wrong. I want toddlers to interact with pets. I want them to interact with seasons too like it would be so cute to watch them play in the snow and with leaves and jump into puddles.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Supernatural life states are indeed on the short list of things that I would like, but I put seasons and pets first.

I am sorry but I feel that to have a pets expansion before a generations expansion, would be a slap in the face to (lack of a better term) "family players" If they can make small dogs and things that can walk around and do things independent other sims, then basically they can make another life stage for the sims 4. I am not a fan of toddlers in my game, and still would like choice, but I think to have pets before they have toddlers is just kind of wrong in my opinion.
    Yeah it would feel wrong. I want toddlers to interact with pets. I want them to interact with seasons too like it would be so cute to watch them play in the snow and with leaves and jump into puddles.

i dont really care about anything other than pets right now

• JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    QDog wrote: »

They confirmed that no EP is coming this quarter (July-September). So it may be released next quarter (October-December).

While this may be, we very well could be getting an announcement soon. If they release in Oct, that's 2 months from now. Is that too soon for an announcement for an EP? Does anyone remember what the announcement/release time frame was for previous EPs?
    edited August 2016

That's what is neat about the Sims community is that Simmers like both similar and different things. I don't think one thing should be sacrificed for something else. But yeah this calls for this. I like both pets and toddlers. I want them both to work together and not be chopped up features that don't mesh well.
    heres-what-the-why-dont-we-have-both-girl-looks-l-2-25350-1427494348-1_dblbig.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    or something nobody has asked for....
    I can see it now Ep 3 ....present HOT PANTS!!
    Now dress your sims in many many many varietys of Hot pants!

sorry....ill go back under my rock.....
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    or something nobody has asked for....
    I can see it now Ep 3 ....present HOT PANTS!!
    Now dress your sims in many many many varietys of Hot pants!

sorry....ill go back under my rock.....

That's not allowed. Cushion and duvet covers beat all anyway. I could totally see an EP based on that.

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Whatever it is, I hope there are more new content (and maybe even a new world, please?), now that we have Get Together's club aspect out of the way. (It's cool, but it's not enough for me to play with. I need actual new content.)

I need some more new substantial content for the next EP. Whether it's Seasons, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, University, etc, I personally do not mind, as long as it feels like it brings plenty of new content for an EP, just like the many older Sims EPs in the past.

That is my hope. I'm having a wait and see moment. This next EP will be a test to see if I will want to spend money on future EP stuff. If it's good/great, then I'll feel more confident to buy more content.

If I feel it's not that good, then I may want to hold off on buying the EPs.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I'm hoping for generations, but I would love supernatural it was my favorite sims 3 ep and I'm sure I'd love it even more in the sims 4
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    To the OP...I think at this point it is all speculation. Though I admit, it is fun to get caught up in the rumors! I am hoping that a supernatural EP comes out soon...maybe they will finally add cemeteries to the game. if it is a city themed EP, I think the apartment aspect of the game might work better in sims 4 than in sims 3 due to the closed neighborhood, making it run smoother, maybe? As for other possiblilities, It would be nice if they released an EP that was totally new and not based on EPs of previous versions of the sims! just my thoughts, for what its worth.
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member

That's what is neat about the Sims community is that Simmers like both similar and different things. I don't think one thing should be sacrificed for something else. But yeah this calls for this. I like both pets and toddlers. I want them both to work together and not be chopped up features that don't mesh well.
    heres-what-the-why-dont-we-have-both-girl-looks-l-2-25350-1427494348-1_dblbig.jpg

sure i guess but i really only care about pets
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Hey guys well I have been wondering about this for a while now and I actually read in many places that apparently the next expansion pack might be city living or supernatural for the sims 4. I can't confirm this if its real or not but its just based on many articles I have read recently about it and many think it might be coming out this month.
    To be honest if its one of the 2 I mentioned I would be very disappointed as I expected pets,generations or seasons cause these 3 were my [/b]favorites in all sims games I played. I guess I wont mind if its city living that much as long as it won't be like the expansion pack late night from the sims 3 cause I found late night to be fun but it also had a lot of bad things to it that i didn't like for example the annoying celebrities(I think this system was broken cause just random people were celebrities) and paparazzi that kept following me around. If city living would be city living with a laundromat and all that fun stuff it would actually be fun.
    But yea that is just my opinion about what I found.
    What are your thoughts about the 2 rumored to be the new ep? and when do you think it will be out?

So, you're saying they should create packs you want first and the rest of us can eat dirt?

That's what you managed to read from the OP's post. Did you translate it through Google into ancient Hebrew in order to read it? Google translate is NOTORIOUS for losing something (in this case A LOT of something) in the translation. Anyway, your point is fairly uncalled for and the OP is entitled to their opinion, as are you, no matter how you managed to come up with it based on what I'm reading in English.

First you say my point is uncalled for then you say I'm entitled to my opinion. Vacillate much?

@Dannydanbo Okay, is English REALLY your second language? If so then my apologies, if not then allow me to explain that just because something is uncalled for does not mean you CAN'T do it, it means you SHOULDN'T do it. There's a big difference. It's like eating mash potatoes with your fingers at a formal meal. So, yes, you CAN say what you said but you look like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for doing so- that's why it's also uncalled for. Any words you don't know (like formal) please feel free to look up.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Hey guys well I have been wondering about this for a while now and I actually read in many places that apparently the next expansion pack might be city living or supernatural for the sims 4. I can't confirm this if its real or not but its just based on many articles I have read recently about it and many think it might be coming out this month.
    To be honest if its one of the 2 I mentioned I would be very disappointed as I expected pets,generations or seasons cause these 3 were my [/b]favorites in all sims games I played. I guess I wont mind if its city living that much as long as it won't be like the expansion pack late night from the sims 3 cause I found late night to be fun but it also had a lot of bad things to it that i didn't like for example the annoying celebrities(I think this system was broken cause just random people were celebrities) and paparazzi that kept following me around. If city living would be city living with a laundromat and all that fun stuff it would actually be fun.
    But yea that is just my opinion about what I found.
    What are your thoughts about the 2 rumored to be the new ep? and when do you think it will be out?

So, you're saying they should create packs you want first and the rest of us can eat dirt?

Well you don't seem to mind the rest of us eating dirt if it's something you like.

Yes. Me first is my motto.

Then in that case don't judge others. *drops mic*

*picks up mic* At least I'm secure enough to admit it. *drops mic*

You make no sense. You first complain about how she is expressing which packs she wants then you claim that you before anyone else and can ask for anything you want giving no plum about others. WHAT???? Then you say that is because of your ego? M8 pls see a doctor. *drops mic and destroys it just in case you try to outsmart me but only make a fool of yourself*
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's called sarcasm. *drops my own mic that I brought from home because I outsmarted you*
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    It's called sarcasm. *drops my own mic that I brought from home because I outsmarted you*

Well you need to fine-tune your sarcasm because it wasn't clear *stops with the mic jokes because it got over-used*
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

sure i guess but i really only care about pets
    Fair enough. Pets are adorable too.
    edited August 2016
    Nah just made yourself sound like a hypocrite on forums. Don't worry this community is small, so I doubt anyone would notice if a microphone is even used or not or dropped or whatever. Forums turn everyone into Mr. Cellophanes. So even the act of hypocrisy will be forgotten within a few days. *shrugs* Why I never believe the insults that some Sims 4 fans have because it is such a pot and kettle effect. Makes the whole "sides fights" rather pointless actually. Each Simmer wants what they want. There are no sides. No use of saying, "I want what I want, but you can't have what you want." Every Simmer at least here is vocal about wanting something.
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Still hoping for apartments and more beds any expansion that has those two items gets my money.
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Given that @SimGuruDrake is excited for it and was also excited about the last two stuff packs I hope it's more family styled play! I'll be excited for anything new we get ( I like new and old things!) however I really want pets and season to be appearing soon. Especially with fall and then winter coming my sims need to enjoy leaves and snow too!
  • justsaying2016justsaying2016 Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope they bring our an ep which is completely different. Maybe one that we have never had before. Of course I would love them to bring toddlers into the game as it's a bit unusual that is my opinion anyway. But I would also love a pets expansion, maybe in it where your sims can get a job in a pet shop and you can go to work with them; I think that would be pretty cool.
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    I wish it was Seasons but I may not even see that in my lifetime. :-/ Other than that, I miss the celebrities...but I didn't like how random people were celebrities. Honestly, The Sims community is so quiet about stuff now I don't even try to speculate or get excited anymore, I just wait to actually see what comes out.
    71rbpi.png
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm getting a bit tired of "We can't have x before toddlers" or "They shouldn't add y until z, z is more important".

At this rate nobody is getting anything they want, and I'm sure that myself and many others have things they want more than toddlers or other features people consider 'basic'. Whether it's before toddlers or not, I want more supernatural lifestates and a city neighborhood with high-rise buildings to be added to the game. Seasons are next in priority for me.