Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Hey guys well I have been wondering about this for a while now and I actually read in many places that apparently the next expansion pack might be city living or supernatural for the sims 4. I can't confirm this if its real or not but its just based on many articles I have read recently about it and many think it might be coming out this month.
To be honest if its one of the 2 I mentioned I would be very disappointed as I expected pets,generations or seasons cause these 3 were my favorites in all sims games I played. I guess I wont mind if its city living that much as long as it won't be like the expansion pack late night from the sims 3 cause I found late night to be fun but it also had a lot of bad things to it that i didn't like for example the annoying celebrities(I think this system was broken cause just random people were celebrities) and paparazzi that kept following me around. If city living would be city living with a laundromat and all that fun stuff it would actually be fun.
But yea that is just my opinion about what I found.
What are your thoughts about the 2 rumored to be the new ep? and when do you think it will be out?
You see that beautiful sim over there in the profile picture? Her name is Piper Brown one of my favorite sims I have ever made shes a free spirit may we all be free spirits like her ^-^~

Comments

• ZespriZespri Posts: 129 Member
    I wouldn't mind a supernatural expansion pack, because I didn't have that pack when it came out for the Sims 3. However, this game kinda lacks some basic stuff, like family play, so I would find it very strange if they will release a supernatural pack as EP3. :') But as we only can assume I tend to stay away from those rumours.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited August 2016
    That is all speculation, we have no clue what's coming, there are absolutely no rumours, leaks or hints.
    Personally i think it will be either a School EP with a bit of Generations or a City themed one. I find Supernatural very unlikely to happen next.
    tenor.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hey guys well I have been wondering about this for a while now and I actually read in many places that apparently the next expansion pack might be city living or supernatural for the sims 4. I can't confirm this if its real or not but its just based on many articles I have read recently about it and many think it might be coming out this month.
    To be honest if its one of the 2 I mentioned I would be very disappointed as I expected pets,generations or seasons cause these 3 were my [/b]favorites in all sims games I played. I guess I wont mind if its city living that much as long as it won't be like the expansion pack late night from the sims 3 cause I found late night to be fun but it also had a lot of bad things to it that i didn't like for example the annoying celebrities(I think this system was broken cause just random people were celebrities) and paparazzi that kept following me around. If city living would be city living with a laundromat and all that fun stuff it would actually be fun.
    What are your thoughts about the 2 rumored to be the new ep? and when do you think it will be out?

So, you're saying they should create packs you want first and the rest of us can eat dirt?
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    To be honest if its one of the 2 I mentioned I would be very disappointed as I expected pets,generations or seasons cause these 3 were my [/b]favorites in all sims games I played. I guess I wont mind if its city living that much as long as it won't be like the expansion pack late night from the sims 3 cause I found late night to be fun but it also had a lot of bad things to it that i didn't like for example the annoying celebrities(I think this system was broken cause just random people were celebrities) and paparazzi that kept following me around. If city living would be city living with a laundromat and all that fun stuff it would actually be fun.

So, you're saying they should create packs you want first and the rest of us can eat dirt?

Well you don't seem to mind the rest of us eating dirt if it's something you like.

Yes. Me first is my motto.
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    I just want Some information on the next expansion and to know that its being worked on. I'd also like to know how much longer we have to wait.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

On the other hand maybe the poster is someone who, like me, have found the packs might be interesting to others but not themselves. We're still just waiting for a pack we like or to use your words....are the ones who have been eating dirt.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

That's what you managed to read from the OP's post. Did you translate it through Google into ancient Hebrew in order to read it? Google translate is NOTORIOUS for losing something (in this case A LOT of something) in the translation. Anyway, your point is fairly uncalled for and the OP is entitled to their opinion, as are you, no matter how you managed to come up with it based on what I'm reading in English.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Given how tight-lipped Maxis has been about this iteration I think it's safe to say no knows what the next EP will be, and all of the articles about what it will be will either be wrong or a lucky guess.

I feel like EP3 is gonna be another new idea really. I don't think Seasons will come for a while. I would love Supernatural though
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Very rude and unnecessary.

The OP is only expressing what kinds of expansion pack themes they would like, same as anyone else speculating about the EP in various threads.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    please be pets i want pets next
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I think the idea of a city themed world isn't that far fetched. EA has a pattern of releasing city like worlds pretty early in the game. Sims 2 Nightlife was the second expansion pack of the series and Sims 3 Late Night was the third expansion pack. Assuming the game engine can support city themed life and buildings, there's a good chance it's in the works. It might not happen though, seeing as the base game offered bars, dance clubs and Get Together brought a lot of new nightlife activities to the table.

(although, I'd like to point out that I'm very happy they included bars in this base game, saves us from the issue we had in Sims 3 where none of the other worlds had bars and clubs like Bridgeport had)

Supernatural, I'm sceptical of and am going to continue to be until it's announced because I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm hoping for witches and vampires.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited August 2016
    Modsey wrote: »
    I think the idea of a city themed world isn't that far fetched. EA has a pattern of releasing city like worlds pretty early in the game. Sims 2 Nightlife was the second expansion pack of the series and Sims 3 Late Night was the third expansion pack. Assuming the game engine can support city themed life and buildings, there's a good chance it's in the works. It might not happen though, seeing as the base game offered bars, dance clubs and Get Together brought a lot of new nightlife activities to the table.

(although, I'd like to point out that I'm very happy they included bars in this base game, saves us from the issue we had in Sims 3 where none of the other worlds had bars and clubs like Bridgeport had)

Supernatural, I'm sceptical of and am going to continue to be until it's announced because I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm hoping for witches and vampires.

Even if we do not get a city themed pack they could give us apartments in an apartment pack with some supernaturals like the witches and vampires, that you would like. Since we have so little space in the neighborhoods to fit all our created simmies, we could fit more if we had apartments. So that could be a possibility. (In my opinion)
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Okay, I am gonna go out on a far-fetched theory, so don't get hyped up about it.
    Looking through the pictures of items, which could have been in the game originally (the hidden artwork), there is a bat. So, I thought wow....maybe they were thinking of putting vampires in the base game that turn into bats like in Sims 2. That means maybe they have already some ideas for them in their notes. Now, we know that Drake loves supernaturals and she is excited about this EP. I don't believe they would release a Supernatural EP this early, but vampires have been in the city packs usually. So, I am gonna say it will be a city pack with vampires included.

I know, I know....all just speculation...but I love supernaturals....maybe I am just wishing.
  • tasteofsweetnesstasteofsweetness Posts: 131 Member
    I want Generations to be next, but we really can't expect what will happen since we don't have any information about EP3. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. :/
    tumblr_nm1mkrBH4m1ruagyno5_1280.jpg

~tasteofsweetness - Living the Simming Life since late 2000 Sims 3~
    Christmas Cheer ~ Holiday Vibes

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Supernatural life states are indeed on the short list of things that I would like, but I put seasons and pets first.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Supernatural life states are indeed on the short list of things that I would like, but I put seasons and pets first.

I am sorry but I feel that to have a pets expansion before a generations expansion, would be a slap in the face to (lack of a better term) "family players" If they can make small dogs and things that can walk around and do things independent other sims, then basically they can make another life stage for the sims 4. I am not a fan of toddlers in my game, and still would like choice, but I think to have pets before they have toddlers is just kind of wrong in my opinion.
  • OliiveSimsOliiveSims Posts: 73 Member
    I've had the supernatural EP's in the past, but they are def not my favorite. I would still buy it if it's next but I'm hoping they add seasons/weather to the game first because I feel like it's such an important element that's missing :'( I have no idea what will be next though, I'm at a loss for ideas !
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »

Well you don't seem to mind the rest of us eating dirt if it's something you like.

Yes. Me first is my motto.

Then in that case don't judge others. *drops mic*

*picks up mic* At least I'm secure enough to admit it. *drops mic*

That's what you managed to read from the OP's post. Did you translate it through Google into ancient Hebrew in order to read it? Google translate is NOTORIOUS for losing something (in this case A LOT of something) in the translation. Anyway, your point is fairly uncalled for and the OP is entitled to their opinion, as are you, no matter how you managed to come up with it based on what I'm reading in English.

First you say my point is uncalled for then you say I'm entitled to my opinion. Vacillate much?
    Okay, I am gonna go out on a far-fetched theory, so don't get hyped up about it.
    Looking through the pictures of items, which could have been in the game originally (the hidden artwork), there is a bat. So, I thought wow....maybe they were thinking of putting vampires in the base game that turn into bats like in Sims 2. That means maybe they have already some ideas for them in their notes. Now, we know that Drake loves supernaturals and she is excited about this EP. I don't believe they would release a Supernatural EP this early, but vampires have been in the city packs usually. So, I am gonna say it will be a city pack with vampires included.

I know, I know....all just speculation...but I love supernaturals....maybe I am just wishing.

From your lips to their ears.
  • SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    At this point i just want new game play. Im not fussed about what it is. It taking way to long for new game play to be added this time.
    Maybe it's taking a long time because it's something that will really be cool.