Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DRAKE LOVES EP3!!!!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Geez. All this analyzing off of one sentence lol.

If simmers put as much imagination into playing the game as they do "reading" into a single sentence, they might enjoy the game more.
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't play Civ 5 or Civ 6, but I'm guessing they were built on the same game engine so adding things from Civ 5 to Civ 6 would not be hard. The Sims 4, however, is built on a different game engine than S3 was so that is not possible. If you know so much about gaming, you should know this.

Civ 6 is being built with a new engine. You could have found that out with a simple google search, rather than automatically assuming I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    Oh, I would love to know that. Imagine they announce something like City EP with Sims 2 apartment style in sims 4. I am dreaming, hoping and anticipating that would come. Can't wait !
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    It amazes me, and not in a good way, that EA and its minions still, after all this time and all the outcry and discussion, refuse to comment definitely on the biggest elephant in the room I've ever seen, toddlers. I know not everyone wants them, but come ON. You'd have to be blind, deaf, and a hermit for the last two years not to have noticed it. Either they're working on them or not. Either the game can have them or it can't. TWO YEARS. Don't give us that line about "can't comment" -- EA can comment if they want, just like they comment on other things.

Also, finding out that SGDrake is not a "family player," while certainly her right, does not surprise me in the least. I gather the TS4 devs weren't family players either, and so, in the finest tradition of Final Fantasy Disease, if the devs don't want it, we can't have it either. In other words, what they want is the ONLY way to play the game. Babies as objects, no toddlers? They don't care so to them the game is fine as is.

Some of these same developers were doing TS3 and we got a Generations Expansion. You can't go by that.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Ianamus wrote: »
    ebuchala wrote: »
    @Ianamus brought up Civ 6 including all the expansion content of Civ 5 and explained why--the content was already there so all they had to do was access the assets and set it up for the new version. They did this somewhat with TS3, from what I understanding, reusing a ton of animations from that game and porting them into 3. So, how many versions of the game do you want where they just reuse assets, put a new coat of paint on it, add a few new shinies and call it a day?

The sad thing is I think I would honestly enjoy the Sims 4 far more if it was just a copy of the Sims 3 with improved graphics and a few new features.

I think there are quite a few people who would. And quite a few people who would love it if they'd just taken TS2 and updated for today's graphics. My question still stands, though--how many versions of the game do you want where they just reuse assets and update the graphics? Why would people want to keep purchasing the same game over and over with the same expansions, etc.?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    Scobre wrote: »
    Geez. All this analyzing off of one sentence lol.

If simmers put as much imagination into playing the game as they do "reading" into a single sentence, they might enjoy the game more.
    That's kind of insulting as well. Honestly if it takes more imagination to play the Sims 4 than it does for a cardboard box, I fear for its future. Not like Simmers haven't tried different styles anyways. They have for nearly two years now. The Sims 4 is still limited in what it offers. It caters only to a small niche of play styles, mainly towards soloist achievers. Maybe it is time for Maxis to realize that they need to stop blaming the players and start taking the professional responsibility of the game themselves. Simmers already get bored frequently between pack releases and honestly there is something very wrong with that. Sims games should have Simmers have long-term satisfaction, not short-term. There are reasons why the Sims 2 is still very popular even to this day. Same with the Sims 3. Those games were built for the future in mind. The Sims 4 comes off as very archaic in the gaming world.

It's a game, of course it takes imagination. As for the cardboard box reference, how many times have you seen a very small child put the toy aside and play for hours with the box it came in. Cats can be satisfied with an empty box. Based on numerous posts I've read, many simmers seem to think if they turn on the game, it will entertain them. The game is a tool. If you don't know how to use the tool properly, don't get angry at the screwdriver because it's not sawing the wood.
  • FilipeSantosFilipeSantos Posts: 138 Member
    if we only have news in october, that means we only have one expansion this year, since GT doesn't count, because sgould be release last year (December).... how sad... a year per expansion it's ridiculous... hope this one have more content and better thematic, for all the time we are wainting..
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Ianamus brought up Civ 6 including all the expansion content of Civ 5 and explained why--the content was already there so all they had to do was access the assets and set it up for the new version. They did this somewhat with TS3, from what I understanding, reusing a ton of animations from that game and porting them into 3. So, how many versions of the game do you want where they just reuse assets, put a new coat of paint on it, add a few new shinies and call it a day?

The sad thing is I think I would honestly enjoy the Sims 4 far more if it was just a copy of the Sims 3 with improved graphics and a few new features.

I think there are quite a few people who would. And quite a few people who would love it if they'd just taken TS2 and updated for today's graphics. My question still stands, though--how many versions of the game do you want where they just reuse assets and update the graphics? Why would people want to keep purchasing the same game over and over with the same expansions, etc.?

If Sims 4 on release was nothing more Sims 3 and all of it's expansions with updated graphics then future expansions would be have to be completely new. The fact that Sims 4's base game doesn't include any previous expansion features is the entire reason we have to purchase the same stuff repeatedly.

The only reason people didn't mind so much with Sims 3 was that the open-world nature was a very large change from Sims 2 that really added a lot to the game, so they were buying something new. Sims 4, meanwhile, cut a lot more from Sims 3's base game and added very little. For all their talk of new and different stuff the Sims 4 still plays like a Sims 3 with better graphics and half the features.
    S4 has had two expansion packs that are completely new and a third that is said to be something we've never had before. Yet people continue to want old packs to make a return.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited August 2016
    CK213 wrote: »
    I agree,
    When this series is done we would have spent, at the very least, about $300 with just the expansion packs.
    It's a feature rich game at the end, but a $300 dollar game? They can at least throw in a weather system in the base game.

And toddlers! :(
    The game is a tool. If you don't know how to use the tool properly, don't get angry at the screwdriver because it's not sawing the wood.
    But it's supposed to be a sandbox game.
    Which means there is not supposed to be a "proper way" to play the game. :p

That's my point. It's up to you to find a way to play that you enjoy, not to have the game do it for you.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    S4 has had two expansion packs that are completely new and a third that is said to be something we've never had before. Yet people continue to want old packs to make a return.
    This was only said by that Sims Latam source, and was never confirmed to be related to an EP.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

That's my point. It's up to you to find a way to play that you enjoy, not to have the game do it for you.
    Never said "I needed the game to do it for me". :/

You like to use the tool analogy?
    Well if the "right tools" aren't there, you can't "use them", now can you?
    I am stuck compromising. :s

I'm playing the game, every so often, with what is there. :*
    But there are things I'm missing, and can NOT do everything the way I would like to.
    How I play, or how I feel, is not wrong.
    I don't tell you how you should be playing your game, and you don't need to tell me how to play mine... :D

• baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    i'm a bit late to this thread but of course they like the new expansion it wouldn't look good if they responding saying it's bad

even answering the question builds hype around the new pack
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The game is a tool. If you don't know how to use the tool properly, don't get angry at the screwdriver because it's not sawing the wood.
    But it's supposed to be a sandbox game.
    Which means there is not supposed to be a "proper way" to play the game. :p

It currently feels more like its gravel than sand. :/
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

If Sims 4 on release was nothing more Sims 3 and all of it's expansions with updated graphics then future expansions would be have to be completely new. The fact that Sims 4's base game doesn't include any previous expansion features is the entire reason we have to purchase the same stuff repeatedly.

The only reason people didn't mind so much with Sims 3 was that the open-world nature was a very large change from Sims 2 that really added a lot to the game, so they were buying something new. Sims 4, meanwhile, cut a lot more from Sims 3's base game and added very little. For all their talk of new and different stuff the Sims 4 still plays like a Sims 3 with better graphics and half the features.

I addressed the idea of getting everything from previous expansions in a new base game in my previous post. The game would be too rich for most people. Who's gonna want to spend $380 bucks on a base game? $200? No? Of course not.

And, personally, I don't feel like 4 plays like TS3 much at all. In fact, most people that I've seen on the forums wouldn't agree with that.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016

I addressed the idea of getting everything from previous expansions in a new base game in my previous post. The game would be too rich for most people. Who's gonna want to spend $380 bucks on a base game? $200? No? Of course not.

And, personally, I don't feel like 4 plays like TS3 much at all. In fact, most people that I've seen on the forums wouldn't agree with that.
    Yeah I think the Sims 2 had a lot more in common with the Sims 3 than the Sims 4 does.

It is an interesting question though. For me priorities for all Sims base games are all life stages, normal careers, ghost, transportation (carpools, taxis, school buses), optional smartphone with land line option, memory system, failure system, family trees, and basic kitchen appliances and bathroom needs. I think I also need that intimacy between Sims as well whether it is romantic or friendship. I like when Sims cuddle and do real make outs and even goose each other sometimes. I need to know that Sims care for one another. I think the priorities of the Sims varies from Simmer to Simmer. I'm actually ok with having seasons be in an EP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @LiELF Great post.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller