Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DRAKE LOVES EP3!!!!

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I just want everyone to be happy
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Props to guru gal drake for interacting with us and explaining the situation!
    giphy.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited July 2016
    Jerrello wrote: »
    I'm only really replying to your comment since it was the last but there seems to be this misconception on how I work and what my job is.

[*] I am here to inform you about the product, engage with you, and take your feedback to my various partners in studio.

[*] I have way more access to things in Studio than you seem to realize. I am down in studio a good 95% of my day and have visibility into a good chunk of what goes on. I don't just receive an email the week before an announce with a subject line of "Next Pack is this" and the text in it just giving me bullet points to push out to all of you. I'm down there asking about what is going in, raising red flags when I feel you may get upset about something so I can understand why a specific decision was made, helping read our blogs to make sure that the team I'm on is being effective at answering the questions that I think you will end up asking, etc. I joke around that I really am the "gut check" with all of my studio partners because I am the physical representation of you and your voices.

I know it isn't easy, doing you job, since no matter what you say, it will be over-analyzed and pulled apart for hidden meanings of any kind.
    I also figured you might know a lot of what is actually going on, after all, you work there. I already know you can't say much, until you get the "green light" so to speak, for various reasons. It must be a little hard having to hold back for so long. :*

I guess I would have liked to know if it (Exp pk 3) is something we have never had before, (Not say what it is, just comment a yes or no, but I guess you can't?...) o:)
    Anyway, those "voices you relay to the decisions makers", can you add "my voice", (tiny as it is, lol ) - if you already haven't - that I would LOVE to have a Tropical World/Neighborhood/Vacation...In other words, anything that creates a special Tropical Haven for our Sims. o:)

Beat you to the punch. She's not going to answer she skipped right over mine to reply to the "last comment" but anyway I get she can't tell us what it is but it's frustrating she can't even answer something that simple or is EP4 even being worked on. She really feels they do a great job communicating with the community which is a complete joke.

Didn't meant to skip over your comment, I purposefully responded the the comment after yours because it was relevant to what I was wanting to cover.

I don't talk about future stuff because all you will do is focus on that rather than what is ahead of you. That is what I am trying to get at. This idea of you thinking nothing is coming in the future seems weird to me because unless we tell you we aren't producing stuff anymore you should know that things are coming down the pipeline. We clearly haven't stopped production so why this mind set?

I can only throw out a guess, but people seem stuck on what happened to SimCity, when production just stopped, with barely a word. People seem to think that the same thing is going to happen to TS4 because of the lack of news outside of the teasers. Like if you're not talking, you're not working on things, which has not proven to be the case.

To add: I want new. New's good.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I guess I'm on a ship with the developers in this. If I had to wait for pets, seasons, supernatural and even generations before something new comes along, I'd rather go back to Sims 2 for good. Ideally the old elements should make a return, but in a different form. I mentioned it another thread already, something like werewolves and weather in a farm life pack and vampires in a politics pack that could also cover higher education (greek houses as the breeding grounds for future intrigants, erm, community representatives I mean, of course). The tricky thing is meshing elements in a pack without losing it's focus (like Get to work did).
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    If it's not seasons, generations, pets or supernatural people will be disappointed, they know we don't want new things and would rather have the other packs first.

I'm not making any comment about your speculation on what it could or couldn't be but your delivery made me want to comment on this because I personally think this really is a sad way to view things.

Why don't you want new experiences? In the grand schemes of things you must realize that there are others who do want new experiences with a bit of the old thrown in. Why don't you want to the team to push themselves creatively to try new things? This is honestly something I struggle with understanding when I see comments like that on the forums and would really love to understand this kind of mind set.
    I actually want these themes revamped even though I'd be ok with a school pack instead of a generations EP if EPs are going to be limited.

For Seasons, I want it to have natural disasters. For pets, I want either more exotic pets, Voidcritters, or supernatural pets. Supernaturals I really love the classic old movie versions of and like having them appear scary rather than fluffy.

Instead of University I want a complete school EP that show the active school setting for all life stage. The challenging part of this is that I don't want it to be set up like active careers in GTW, but more freedom like the club system of GT. I guess with any iteration I like to look ahead of what might be especially for the big EP ideas like these.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    If it's not seasons, generations, pets or supernatural people will be disappointed, they know we don't want new things and would rather have the other packs first.

I'm not making any comment about your speculation on what it could or couldn't be but your delivery made me want to comment on this because I personally think this really is a sad way to view things.

Why don't you want new experiences? In the grand schemes of things you must realize that there are others who do want new experiences with a bit of the old thrown in. Why don't you want to the team to push themselves creatively to try new things? This is honestly something I struggle with understanding when I see comments like that on the forums and would really love to understand this kind of mind set.
    I actually want these themes revamped even though I'd be ok with a school pack instead of a generations EP if EPs are going to be limited.

For Seasons, I want it to have natural disasters. For pets, I want either more exotic pets, Voidcritters, or supernatural pets. Supernaturals I really love the classic old movie versions of and like having them appear scary rather than fluffy.

Instead of University I want a complete school EP that show the active school setting for all life stage. The challenging part of this is that I don't want it to be set up like active careers in GTW, but more freedom like the club system of GT. I guess with any iteration I like to look ahead of what might be especially for the big EP ideas like these.

I must say I feel like Sims 3 found a nice balance between new and old and I find myself missing having new life states with every EP. For instance Seasons is greatly improved with weather that changes slowly and realistically, darkening clouds long before a storm and wind that has a visible effect on the environment while adding new features like the holidays which I LOVE, and seasonal lots which were amazing and are always fun along with a great mix of new interactions and activities.

While we are at it, Sims 4's GTW is an example of a bad frankenEP with no replay-ability, lacking features, terrible version from the game play of Sims 2 and 3 along with TERRIBLE new things. Same with GT, it feels like NL but without the apartments, drink that effect their mood ( I find the bars extremely boring an useless unlike in Sims 3 where it could change how they acted) or Vampires, why still no vampires in Sims 4 :/, but with a new group feature that is intensely over hyped and not worthy of being the main feature of the pack. My sims in previous games managed fine with those groups and it had the bonus of not always having the annoying sims try to join mine. Oh and the dancing is also kinda meh but at least the dance floor makes a nice skylight. At least my kids can skip school at the club and hang around there in front of their parents because nobody seems to work :/ and not even get scolded
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I must say I feel like Sims 3 found a nice balance between new and old and I find myself missing having new life states with every EP. For instance Seasons is greatly improved with weather that changes slowly and realistically, darkening clouds long before a storm and wind that has a visible effect on the environment while adding new features like the holidays which I LOVE, and seasonal lots which were amazing and are always fun along with a great mix of new interactions and activities.
    Yeah same. I really love life states and how they kind of break the cycle of the norm. I like that darker element to the Sims and I fear it will never arrive for this iteration. If I wanted a happy only game, that is what I have Animal Crossing for. I don't want the Sims turned into Animal Crossing. I want it to feel like a teen game and not an E rated game. The Sims 4 I don't know is coming off as too safe.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I agree with most of the people here. I want something old with something new in it. There are just major themes, which I need to be covered. Lots of people are getting used to a particular type of gameplay and create stories around that. However, if those major themes aren't covered, then these stories can never be realised.

I loved to play with supernaturals since sims 1. I have so many stories in my head, some that I already played in other games, but will now be different because Sims 4 has different features and some that I have never played. The point is they are in my head and I can't wait to play them out. I believe lots of players feel like that about major themes (Generations, seasons, pets, supernatural). Most of us want the EPs to be different, and add something new, but we need the major themes to be covered. :smile:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When did any Guru say those "basic" EPs were never going to be created? We have only had two EPs, lets, at least, see what the third one is before we throw in the towel.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    When did any Guru say those "basic" EPs were never going to be created? We have only had two EPs, lets, at least, see what the third one is before we throw in the towel.

well i am not throwing the towel as you call it i am expecting to see what will be next after the third expansion pack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Well at the average life span of 5 years per game, Sims 4 is only getting one EP per year so where are they gong to fit in Seasons, Pets, Supernatural and something new. Not to mention if Outdoor retreat is the only vacation we will ever have it is more disappointing than the terrible mention system of the Sims
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Well at the average life span of 5 years per game, Sims 4 is only getting one EP per year so where are they gong to fit in Seasons, Pets, Supernatural and something new. Not to mention if Outdoor retreat is the only vacation we will ever have it is more disappointing than the terrible mention system of the Sims

Now you're assuming that S4 will only last five years. Maybe they have so many ideas that it could last much longer. The other versions stopped because the ideas ran out and new ways to develop the game were created.