Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Supernaturals and Expansions

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Personally, I hope that if they do decide to do individual packs for supernaturals, they either give each life state a full fleshing out via Game Pack (that way, we can get lots of features and new items to go with our favorite supernaturals), or we get two different Expansion Packs:

"Get Goth": Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, Zombies

"Get Fantastic": Fairies, Elves, Genies, Witches, Dragons (Maybe as sims who shapeshift between a humanoid and all-out dragon form this time... o:) )

Then, servos/simbots/plumbots will be brought back in a gearhead-themed pack along with cars and a bunch of new machines to invent and upgrade...as well as new upgrades for existing machines! Now if they did THAT, it would be so freaking awesome!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    I just pray that we at least receive the basic few supernaturals, especially witches. It would really break my heart if I found out magic/witches were never going to come.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I just pray that we at least receive the basic few supernaturals, especially witches. It would really break my heart if I found out magic/witches were never going to come.

didn't witches come in Apartment living in the sims 2? Then maybe they will come back in the apartment pack!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I've never played with Supernaturals, and I would like to :) But...I do *not* want them shoehorned into a pack where it doesn't belong. If it has a reason to be in the pack so be it. For example, an island/vacation pack could have mermaids; but I don't see a reason for it to have witches or zombies. :blush:
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

I've never played with Supernaturals, and I would like to :) But...I do *not* want them shoehorned into a pack where it doesn't belong. If it has a reason to be in the pack so be it. For example, an island/vacation pack could have mermaids; but I don't see a reason for it to have witches or zombies. :blush:

I would really like to be able to turn them off if I do not want a specific creature, so I kind of agree with you here.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    TS3 had on/off switches for nearly every life state that worked well. However we've yet to get any options like that for TS4 so I'm not sure how they'll handle it. Hopefully not like how they handled the alien abduction rates :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    There's really nothing stopping them from adding a bunch of supernaturals into an expansion pack and calling it a day. It's just a matter of whether the studio willing to put in the work to make sure each supernatural is developed to perfection. It's probably not ideal for many people, but a supernaturals expansion is probably people's best chance at getting supernaturals back in the game.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

I would really like to be able to turn them off if I do not want a specific creature, so I kind of agree with you here.

Yea same for me too.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

There's really nothing stopping them from adding a bunch of supernaturals into an expansion pack and calling it a day. It's just a matter of whether the studio willing to put in the work to make sure each supernatural is developed to perfection. It's probably not ideal for many people, but a supernaturals expansion is probably people's best chance at getting supernaturals back in the game.

or not in their game if they do not want them.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I believe EA will include all supernaturals in one single EP. So in my opinion it's unlikely we'll see another supernatural until such pack is released.

I no longer believe they have plans for other life states. If they do have them I doubt they are going to kind the supernatural players would want. Instead of being the serious, scary kind I think they'll hit the silly, goofy kind.
    Movotti wrote: »
    I believe EA will include all supernaturals in one single EP. So in my opinion it's unlikely we'll see another supernatural until such pack is released.

I don't know how they'd cram Mermaids, Plant Sims, Fairies, Plum bots, Genies, Witchs, Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies and possibly more all in one pack without it being half baked.

In TS3 the supernatural expansion contained vampires, fairies, werewolves, witches and zombies, so they should be able to cram that many into a single expansion again.
    I hope.

Personally, I think adding supernaturals to a fairytale themed expansion would work pretty well.

If you've read the threads done by the people who really want Supernaturals you'll find the kind of vamps and witches, etc would fit better into a Goth pack and not fairy tales.

if i buy the pack it will be for the content it self not the useless lifestates i would not mind those things if i can fully turn off in game these things

I don't think that in this version you'll have any choice. So far how much content has gotten player controlled options? Yes you have to buy a clown picture to get a tragic clown, yes you're supposed to get aliens with a satellite....but stop and think about how well that's worked for a lot of people. I think if you want the content you'll have to take the supernatural too.
    I really hope they bring all of them back!! I miss them all (except for zombies)
    Exactly my thoughts too! Sims 3 Zombies were so annoying!

I think the reason so many players are against Supernaturals is that TS3 didn't know how to do anything any other way but to go overboard. If you had one vamp in town the next time you checked there were 20. I disliked celebrities for the same reason.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hm... I have looked up the simsbots but think I would prefer some kind of cyborgs that looks more like regular sims :)
    Hm... I have looked up the simsbots but think I would prefer some kind of cyborgs that looks more like regular sims :)

You mean ridiculously human androids, like something out of Mega Man X, Almost Human, Blade Runner or Bubblegum Crisis? Technologically augmented humans like Robocop (aka. true cyborgs)? Or bio-androids like Melfina from Outlaw Star? The term gets used in so many different ways, it's sometimes hard to tell which definition of "cyborg" people are using these days...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I no longer believe they have plans for other life states. If they do have them I doubt they are going to kind the supernatural players would want. Instead of being the serious, scary kind I think they'll hit the silly, goofy kind.
    Movotti wrote: »

I don't know how they'd cram Mermaids, Plant Sims, Fairies, Plum bots, Genies, Witchs, Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies and possibly more all in one pack without it being half baked.

In TS3 the supernatural expansion contained vampires, fairies, werewolves, witches and zombies, so they should be able to cram that many into a single expansion again.
    I hope.

Personally, I think adding supernaturals to a fairytale themed expansion would work pretty well.

If you've read the threads done by the people who really want Supernaturals you'll find the kind of vamps and witches, etc would fit better into a Goth pack and not fairy tales.

if i buy the pack it will be for the content it self not the useless lifestates i would not mind those things if i can fully turn off in game these things

I don't think that in this version you'll have any choice. So far how much content has gotten player controlled options? Yes you have to buy a clown picture to get a tragic clown, yes you're supposed to get aliens with a satellite....but stop and think about how well that's worked for a lot of people. I think if you want the content you'll have to take the supernatural too.
    I really hope they bring all of them back!! I miss them all (except for zombies)
    Exactly my thoughts too! Sims 3 Zombies were so annoying!

I think the reason so many players are against Supernaturals is that TS3 didn't know how to do anything any other way but to go overboard. If you had one vamp in town the next time you checked there were 20. I disliked celebrities for the same reason.

Agreed with the overboard. I like how sims 2 they were optional. There was a count or contessa that rarely appeared at night downtown and if you wanted vampires you had to befriend them and hope they bite you. Once they bite you theyll bite anyone. It was all player controlled. I miss how rare they were compared to scuba diving and seeing 2 fairys 3 mermaids and a vampire. Althoufh I want to keep the option to make them in cas.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    There was a famous tweet going around by a guru that said Life states were never meant to be a tradition.

I really don't get these developers. So, they were never meant to be a tradition is your excuse for not having them in TS4?

Every TS2 pack has had its own lifestate, and it wasn't ever advertised -- it was slipped in there as a special, secret feature we had to find ourselves (but, most of the time, leaked before release anyway). Then every TS3 pack has had at least one special lifestate. Whether it was meant to be or not, the fact is, it was, and players have become accustomed to expecting one with each pack.

I just miss when The Sims Studio & Maxis used to be a quality brand and renowned for giving us awesome things with no drawbacks. That statement/Tweet that developer made is just part of a constant reminder that those days are gone.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

You mean ridiculously human androids, like something out of Mega Man X, Almost Human, Blade Runner or Bubblegum Crisis? Technologically augmented humans like Robocop (aka. true cyborgs)? Or bio-androids like Melfina from Outlaw Star? The term gets used in so many different ways, it's sometimes hard to tell which definition of "cyborg" people are using these days...

I would prefer to have a wide range of ways to vary my cyborg but having an usual sim as base. Just daydreaming here but if I could turn an usual sim into a cyborg I would be happy. My astronaut has a bad accident and wakes up half metal, how does that change her life. However I would not like the tin man look with a metal bucket for head as a permanent appearance, I don't think I would play with a sim like that. I want some kind of facial expressions, I never ever fast forward my game and stay close to my sims. So... no permanent bucket head and no (not being visibly different from regular sims).

It just comes down to personal preference from how I like to play.

Another fun thing would be running a story about fear about certain tech.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/top-10-places-that-have-banned-google-glass/66585/

My cyborg sim and her scientist friends against those backwards farmers in Windenburg. What do you do when the glasses are welded to your face so to speak. Angry clubs all over the place. We will see what happens, I am not expecting cyborgs. But I can always daydream.

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    There was a famous tweet going around by a guru that said Life states were never meant to be a tradition.

I really don't get these developers. So, they were never meant to be a tradition is your excuse for not having them in TS4?

Every TS2 pack has had its own lifestate, and it wasn't ever advertised -- it was slipped in there as a special, secret feature we had to find ourselves (but, most of the time, leaked before release anyway). Then every TS3 pack has had at least one special lifestate. Whether it was meant to be or not, the fact is, it was, and players have become accustomed to expecting one with each pack.

I just miss when The Sims Studio & Maxis used to be a quality brand and renowned for giving us awesome things with no drawbacks. That statement/Tweet that developer made is just part of a constant reminder that those days are gone.

The 'famous' or maybe the 'infamous' Tweet was by @SimGuruLyndsay when asked by a player about the life stage that would be coming in GT. The thing is that it kind of developed into a tradition because the previous 19 EPs included one. Even TS1 had ghosts, spells and magic, zombies and monsters.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't mind the idea of expansions without life states, but Sims 4 expansions are so sparse it means that we essentially aren't getting any. I don't think my favorite life states will ever be released for Sims 4 at this rate.

The ways I could see it working include a "making magic" expansion which includes multiple states, but not as many as TS3 supernatural, like limiting to Vampires, witches and werewolves.

Another option would be to give to give each life-state it's own game pack, or to combine two into a game pack. If they simply released an occult game pack which includes just vampires and werewolves, for example, I'm sure that would make me and many other supernatural fans happy.

I don't see either of those happening though. We'll probably only see one or two new life-states by the time Sims 4 reaches the end of it's run, if that.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

The 'famous' or maybe the 'infamous' Tweet was by @SimGuruLyndsay when asked by a player about the life stage that would be coming in GT. The thing is that it kind of developed into a tradition because the previous 19 EPs included one. Even TS1 had ghosts, spells and magic, zombies and monsters.

Yeah. It just seems, to me, like that is nothing more than a poor excuse.
    edited July 2016

I would prefer to have a wide range of ways to vary my cyborg but having an usual sim as base. Just daydreaming here but if I could turn an usual sim into a cyborg I would be happy. My astronaut has a bad accident and wakes up half metal, how does that change her life. However I would not like the tin man look with a metal bucket for head as a permanent appearance, I don't think I would play with a sim like that. I want some kind of facial expressions, I never ever fast forward my game and stay close to my sims. So... no permanent bucket head and no (not being visibly different from regular sims).

It just comes down to personal preference from how I like to play.

Another fun thing would be running a story about fear about certain tech.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/top-10-places-that-have-banned-google-glass/66585/

My cyborg sim and her scientist friends against those backwards farmers in Windenburg. What do you do when the glasses are welded to your face so to speak. Angry clubs all over the place. We will see what happens, I am not expecting cyborgs. But I can always daydream.

Ah, so true cyborgs then. That would actually be interesting. Like that old show The Six Million Dollar Man! And maybe a doctor, scientist, or a sim with high enough Handiness skill could give other sims (or themselves) bionic limbs and other enhancements. That would be pretty sweet!
    https://youtu.be/HoLs0V8T5AA

I think that there should be a wider spectrum of robots this time around too--from basic chore bots that can be programmed to take care of the garden or clean up to ridiculously human androids that actually become part of your sim's household when completed, each being unlocked with new levels of Handiness or a new Robotics skill. Yes, then we could really have some fun with sim versions of Dr. Light, Dr. Wily, and Dr. Robotnik... >:)
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • AuricchiaAuricchia Posts: 59 Member

I totally agree
    @Nymesand on Twitter nymesims4 on Instagram
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    they should focus on the current lifestages before they introduce new, just as lacking ones
  • CrocusCrocus Posts: 53 Member
    I think that we'll probably get less supernaturals than we did in previous iterations but I'm still expecting the basic vampires, witches and werewolves. I'd love more (returning and new) but I'm trying to set a low bar. :L
    If we DID get more supernaturals though I'd love for plantsims and fairies to come back. Cyborgs are a cool idea too!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    what would you do if there was a supernatural ep but no supernatural lifestate in said ep because you do know with how the sims4 is that it could happen since it is not for us to decide (*this is not a hate or anti supernatural post its just a question for simmers to answer)?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I didn't say disney.
    The older fairytales, the dark ones, they're more goth than the goths.

I like how sims 2 they were optional.
    I'm pretty sure they were optional in TS3, you could turn them off, if you didn't want supernaturals in your game.
    I remember having fairies off, cos they could get annoying.

Personally, I hope that if they do decide to do individual packs for supernaturals, they either give each life state a full fleshing out via Game Pack (that way, we can get lots of features and new items to go with our favorite supernaturals), or we get two different Expansion Packs:

"Get Goth": Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, Zombies

"Get Fantastic": Fairies, Elves, Genies, Witches, Dragons (Maybe as sims who shapeshift between a humanoid and all-out dragon form this time... o:) )

Then, servos/simbots/plumbots will be brought back in a gearhead-themed pack along with cars and a bunch of new machines to invent and upgrade...as well as new upgrades for existing machines! Now if they did THAT, it would be so freaking awesome!

I like your ideas.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I just want vampires, fairies, werewolves, and witches. I need them for my true blood save. I have a feeling though it will never happen and I will just have to pretend tho.