Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2016
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I also have a question-can part of the footprint be used as decking/ a porch, or does it all have to be house?

Absolutely! You can use any of it for decking or porches. Feel free to place your walls wherever it works for you.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION BEGINNER ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #178 GETAWAY:
    Your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #178 GETAWAY:
    Your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    I'm going to attempt this, but it won't let me download the family as of now. I'll try again later.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

So totally wonderful to see this thread still going. Excellent creativity everyone and thanks BuildnShare for still thinking up such great challenges and taking the time to host and judge :D
    I'm going to attempt this, but it won't let me download the family as of now. I'll try again later.

@krabby_pattiess Downloading the pre-made Sims is not a requirement to enter the challenge. You can create your own version of the Sim you choose OR just build based on one of them. You only need a Sim (the downloaded Sim or your own) if you plan to do the Optional Challenge. Hope to see you enter!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    I'd like to take part in the optional challenge. I guess I can make my own version of the sim.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    Can we add stages anywhere? Its not quite foundation, but I wanted to make sure.
    paneinger wrote: »
    Can we add stages anywhere? Its not quite foundation, but I wanted to make sure.

Yes.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Okay, I'm throwing out all the formalities. This is what I did:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/summer-showcase/

How you handled your pictures and their presentation of them is perfect. If you wanted to make this a formal entry for judging, not feedback, but judging, just put it into the usual form.
    Thanks, @ISHTARJMD, but I'm not participating for judging, just for fun. A while back, the thread was going to die if not enough participation. So, I started submitting a form to count for participation. It looks like you don't need me any more, so I just may go back into lurker mode.

For anyone interested in what really happened to Felipe after encountering those unusual lights, I added another page on my word press account (which doesn't have a redirect virus like photobucket does.) It's called Unexplained Weight Gain and you can find it here.
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    Hello everyone!

I have enjoyed looking through the creative builds on this page =)

I miss participating in the Build-N-Share challenges and I think this may be the one that I give a try!
    Moonstone.jpg

• mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Summer Designer Showdown Challenge No. 179

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8945330

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build and Share 179
    Password: Velvet (Note: is case sensitive)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 X 30; 72 Water Lily Lane; Final Cost: 50,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This was a fun challenge to work with because in a way there were two foundations that had to be worked around, the actual physical foundation and the sim we chose to build for. I chose to build for Dorian Velvet, I hope this will be obvious from the design itself but regardless I was inspired to go in the rocker direction because I thought that the foundation with all it's pushed and pulled pieces lent itself to a modern, almost musical style. I wanted it to be loud and proud as a structure, but also sheltering and cozy to an extent because the way I thought of my Dorian Velvet was as a true musician. Someone who has recently become famous, but to whom fame was only a byproduct of making music. So while the structure makes a statement, it is also designed to be a home. Sort of a reflection of a man who wears two faces, the public face that everyone knows and the human face that few ever really see. Hope that makes sense and you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    jennytru wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I have enjoyed looking through the creative builds on this page =)

I miss participating in the Build-N-Share challenges and I think this may be the one that I give a try!

I hope you do! We would love to see what you build!!
    Any update on the results of #178 GETAWAY intermediate?
    I have another question--can we use the stilted foundation (as long as it is in the same footprint) in place of the regular foundation?
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I have another question--can we use the stilted foundation (as long as it is in the same footprint) in place of the regular foundation?

No, but you are free to alter it with CFE.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    Great look @Mederouin. I left you a rec.

Thanks, @ciane glad you liked it.

“As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Summer Designer Showdown Challenge No. 179

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8946395

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/BnS 179 Summer Design Showcase

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/BnS 179 Summer Design Showcase/Felipe Cardoso

Hopefully it painfully evident that I chose to build for Felipe Cardosa (only because I don't have the proper EP's for the other choices).

Before I started building I let Felipe go about with total free will and found out just who he is. Everything about him screams sports, from his daily wishes to his dreams. I also wanted him to have plenty of choices for building his athletic skill so he has everything from a hacky sack to a basketball court.

I also loved that his favorite color was yellow and tried to use it in every room in varying shades from pastel to bright neon. I then discovered his love of automobiles and bought him a fixer upper that he regularly goes out and works on without any prompting from me.

Turns out that Felipe is quite the ladies man ;) . He had a party and spent so much of it flirting with all the female guests that all but one guy left. Then out of the blue he decides to go :warning: skinny dipping! Molly French was so mortified :blush: she almost drowned! He got some very mixed reactions and Molly ended up safely out of the pool! Whew! Everyone ended up having a wonderful time.

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 X 30 - 72 Water Lily Lane - Final Cost: 49,951

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

Sport Zone
    This house is totally sports! Two bedrooms with different themes. Do your workout either outside pumping iron, having a game of b-ball one on one or indoors on the treadmill. Open concept kitchen, dining and living makes a great place for watching that big game or awesome parties. Outdoor activities include a hoops court, swimming pool and party deck. Several parking places are available for your auto collection. Built for BnS179 Summer Designer Showdown at 72 Water Lily Lane (SV)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    Great job, @Kgaff ! I like that we picked the same guy too. ;)
    Thanks, @ISHTARJMD, but I'm not participating for judging, just for fun. A while back, the thread was going to die if not enough participation. So, I started submitting a form to count for participation. It looks like you don't need me any more, so I just may go back into lurker mode.

I hope you don't. You've done some beautiful builds and I'm sure that everyone here would love to continue seeing them.
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: BnS challenge # 179

NAME: jennytru

LINK TO LOT: click here

LINK TO MEDIA: Click here

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: click here

LEVEL: advanced (I haven't entered in a VERY long time but this was the level I was at when I left)

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x30; 72 Water Lily Lane (SV); Final cost: 47,908

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Built for Felipe! The build leans more to the university life- Felipe spends more money on partying than home decor. I focused more on his party animal status, but there are areas that definitely support his athletic side (his special place).

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure =)

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no CC
    Moonstone.jpg

Intermediate results for 178 are now posted!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top