Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So no one likes Get to Work?

This is very odd, because I thought it was an improvement over the Ambitions expansion pack. Never found the careers THAT repetitive. What makes you hate it so much?
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited July 2016
    I never tried Ambitions so I wouldn't know but I still don't like the careers so much in GTW especially the detective one. The scientist one was fine but again it's only fun the first or second time.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    I love it, but do think it feels a bit confused overall. Like it is a couple of game packs put together as an expansion pack.

Don't get me wrong, I like the individual parts but there's not the same sense of cohesion Get Together has, imo.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Not enough career options. The design was flat and lacking in many ways.
    p6tqefj
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    There are too much loading screens for me to enjoy the careers.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't hate GTW. I do feel that the career get tedious over time. I do remember feeling the same about Ambitions after a while as well. I do think that Ambitions had better careers Than GTW.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I don't like the game telling me directly what to do at their careers.
    It's nice that they give you several choices to pick from, but it's still too much direction and hand holding.
    I wished they had focused on the Open For Business aspect more. Better yet two separate EPs and so the interactive careers could have more depth as well.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Wish we would've gotten more careers. Detective is too much of the same, like a level 1 cop and level 10 private detective have the same tasks, coworkers in the hospital d not do much. Scientist one is okay.

Not being able to have a home business completely kills retail for me, plus it ends up with several customers just hanging out and chatting instead of buying.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    It's nice that they give you several choices to pick from, but it's still too much direction and hand holding.
    I wished they had focused on the Open For Business aspect more. Better yet two separate EPs and so the interactive careers could have more depth as well.

Isn't that what jobs are all about? Not trying to insult you, but the point of a job is to do work. If real life cops, scientists, or doctors did their own thing, well...

Sorry, but I just don't agree with this statement at all.

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    For me personally, it can't match Ambitions. It's not terrible but when it first came out the retail was borked, to get a promotion you have to follow tiresome and repetitive goals - I find the tick list very annoying. Also you can't open a home business with GTW, unless you do some shenanigans ( also tiresome).

What I liked about it - I love the idea of following your sim to work, and the career rewards are cute. The alien flora and fauna was also a great addition, I think one of the plants is used in the science career. Overall I like the idea of the EP, but have to agree with @alexandrea that it fell flat in some areas.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Horrible repetitive, god awful goal list.

Still no shopping bags in retail.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    There are too much loading screens for me to enjoy the careers.

This as well... after a while it was annoying to know that you would hit a loading screen.
    p6tqefj
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I rather enjoy the expansion pack. But like @CK213 I wish they would have concentrated more on the business aspect of it all. I can't really disagree about the guided game play aspect. It does get a bit old. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want to guess exactly what I am supposed to do. I am sure there is a in between somewhere in there. And if I don't feel like joining my sim, I just send them on. I feel that is one thing they got right about the expansion.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    @SikoahGrace I agree about the sending them off part. In Ambitions, you were forced to play with them at their jobs, even if you don't want to, or something at the house requires your full attention.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    1) they could have some um I don't know some broken arms/legs for our sims to actually fix-if they're doctor.
    2)the detective career could have been you actually do arrest a wrong person but the 'wrong person' is trying to cover up for the real suspect. (Which can't happen at the moment).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    i like get to work ;3;
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2016
    I liked it, but I think they should have chosen either the open for buisness or playable career angle rather than throwing them together. The careers were fun but grew stale over time, and the retail element felt too shallow with the lack of home buisnesses and poor employee AI.

That said, aliens and the alien world were very cool. They were definitely the most complete of the three main elememts, but felt like a separate pack mashed with the others.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited July 2016
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

Isn't that what jobs are all about? Not trying to insult you, but the point of a job is to do work. If real life cops, scientists, or doctors did their own thing, well...

Sorry, but I just don't agree with this statement at all.

I play a game to have fun.
    If I am not having fun why even bother to play.

Right now I am back in the game to try playing it another way.
    I will only do what makes sense to me for what I will have them do. If the list happens to coincide with my plans for the day, great.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    It's too repetitive to be fun. I enjoyed the cop one the most but then again my sim moatly went around flirting with the other personal.

The other two are exceptionally repetitive and I feel ir downgraded on the ambitions aspect which allowed more freedom as well as downgraded the OFB aspect. In ambitions my sim would get different thing to do daily and I had a lot of fun. The careers also changed more as you leveled yup and I feel like the police career in sims 4 is the onlt one where this happened.

Scientists are all test this serum and check that under the telescope for like 8 sim hours a day and the hospital is endless bedside assistance no matter how far you go up, I think my sim was at level 8 and was still just hanging around beds doing the same things over and over.
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2016
    I love it. I still play my doctor regularly and he is Chief of Staff. I also love my retail businesses...I have two bakeries, a costume shop, a photography studio/art gallery, and now a Voidcritter store.
    Post edited by Quaay on
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

It's better than Ambitions for me. The Ambitions Careers are the same thing over and over. With every promotion in Get To Work, the job drastically changes.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    GTW has got some good build/buy items that I use a lot especially because I make a lot of converted industrial spaces and GTW has some of the best content for that (and the only good stairs for that look!). Overall it's a little bit of the repetition, but it's also that at it's core I'm a lot more interested in the non-career aspect of my sim's lives and after a long day of work the last thing I want in the sims is to sit down and focus on their careers. Also I tend to play a low magic/sci-fi world so I'm not keen on aliens - doesn't mean the content is bad, but it plays poorly in my play-style.

All that said, I do really like a lot of the build/buy content, but for game-play content I think all 3 GP's and especially the other EP, Get Together, offer a lot more to me (baking would be so much better if they'd moved the baked items that were base game to be under the baking skill). So ultimately I regard GTW as a high content and high price stuff pack with a bunch of items I'm super happy to have in my game because so many sims need them to make the houses I want, but I also know I'm not playing it to it's fullness (while I feel like I've played GT to it's utter fullness and maybe beyond - everything about it is useful to me on a daily or at least a weekly basis in the sims).

One other positive for GTW though - it opens up a ton of modded content that you can't play or use otherwise, much of which is really well executed. Even if I'm not much on going to school with my kids/teens for the same reason I don't care to focus on their careers, I do appreciate occasionally having the opportunity for varieties sake and GTW is needed to make that mod work. To be honest I'd probably play the active careers more if I didn't *have* to go in with my sim to get promotions and only had to pop in when I got the desire to play one of them. The commitment it takes to the career to advance those jobs is a real turn off as are the two first days of set content that has to be waded through before there's any chance of something interesting happening.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I like it more than Get Together.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    @Simfan923 are you and @SimFan298 the same person
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Too lazy to edit but something else that is annoying is even if both sims in your household work in the same career you can only control one and the other doesn't exist there :( in sims 3 i can have sims in all the careers or the same and control them all
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    @Simfan923 are you and @SimFan298 the same person

No just common user name. :)
    1FKDfKj.png