Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 vs Sims 3 DLC Timeline

2...Next

Comments

• barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    AMAZING Job! Op, could you include STORE itens and $$$ comaprrissom? It would be great too :D
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    You forgot one very important thing for The Sims 3

The create a world tool! B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2016
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    Ianamus wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yeah... Stuff packs! That's the way to make an Expansion, lots and lots of Stuff packs.

You forgot the Store content. :)

*CAW... So much added by just a wonderful tool. Stories.... imagination.- Awesomeness.

I didn't forget it, I just had to leave out store content for the Sims 3 to avoid cluttering it too much. You'll notice I did add the new neighborhoods released on the store.

It's why I also didn't add the free patch content released for the Sims 4.

I don't think that this will ever work as a true comparison unless the store sets are included. You can't make a true comparison chart but choose to omit half of the content released for one of the games; that will only work to make you look biased as the creator in favour of making the situation of content releases for look TS4 far better than it actually is.

I wanted to include the store content, but it wasn't realistic. If I limited it to the compilation sets that wouldn't include all of the content, and I'm not checking the release date of every single item in the store.

I also didn't include the patch content for either game because there simply isn't room for it.

The graphs not supposed to be an exact comparison, and it's not supposed to make any sort of statement. I myself am not happy with the amount of content released for Sims 4. But people aren't stupid, they know the Sims 3 store existed and what content it was releasing, so they can use that knowledge and the chart to make their own judgement.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I would much rather have more frequent EP's over stuff packs and game packs because they bring so much more to the table. The game packs are usually lacking in areas, outdoor retreat was boring, and dine out seems like it's lacking. Spa day was the best package so far.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    The Sims 2 had the best time line.

EPs were so much more satisfying and stuff packs were in a more appropriate number.

Both TS3 and TS4 timelines show greed with shallow contents.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    comparing ts3 to ts4 is like comparing apples to sloth algae. ok, yeah... they're both plants. but with ts4 you get a nasty sloth.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    I would much rather have more frequent EP's over stuff packs and game packs because they bring so much more to the table. The game packs are usually lacking in areas, outdoor retreat was boring, and dine out seems like it's lacking. Spa day was the best package so far.

Yes to more EPs and specially those with popular theme.
    But I guess EA now say NO to them!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Viperinelight50Viperinelight50 Posts: 17 Member
    All the sims 4 DLC packs are rather bland and uninteresting, and are WAY too specific.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    It's crazy to think how many packs we have by now, but none of them reaches the Sims 3 content we had at the same time...

That part's subjective. At this point, I was still meh about all the Sims 3 packs, personally (but had all the EPs at this point, and an SP), and my recommended-level computer wasn't keen on Bridgeport. :/ I think a lot of gameplay/content value comes down to your play style etc. and isn't really measurable.

Definitely <3
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    When it's all said and done Sims 4 is my favorite and the best of the game series to me.But Im totally ok , with other opinions.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Simanite wrote: »
    I loved TS3's 2012 timeline: 3 EPs, 3 SPs, 4 worlds and bi-monthly Store sets. Now those were the days. :mrgreen:

And apart from Seasons, not much of it was worth it :neutral: