Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

Comments

• kwc1994xkwc1994x Posts: 28 New Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Just saying its unnecessary to create this thread when there's like a million more of people complaining about this game

So how to you feel about the million speculation threads?

There also annoying but there you go that's what happens when ea never tells anyone anything or when they do people are annoyed with what they get and complain on threads like these.

Its call criticisms, and its not complaining . The critisim I see is very constructive, and understandable . People are getting tired with the lack, and the repetitive content . We just want ur voices to be heard .And were getting sick of Ea s crud .
    I don't see signing a petition or whatever this is as a form of criticism. I just see people complaining because they think the game should be like past games which have you considered that sims 4 they might have wanted to take a different approach to it and you are just criticizing the path they took because you aren't open to change?

Taking a different approach/taking the game in a different direction is fine. And I am open to change. But the game should be better than its predecessors. Or if not that, fun. And for me (in my opinion) it's not - not entirely. I understand that some people like The Sims 4. And they are very much entitled to their opinion and I respect their opinions.
    But I believe this game could be much much better than it is. And my opinion is fine too, as is everyone else's.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Just saying its unnecessary to create this thread when there's like a million more of people complaining about this game

There also annoying but there you go that's what happens when ea never tells anyone anything or when they do people are annoyed with what they get and complain on threads like these.

Its call criticisms, and its not complaining . The critisim I see is very constructive, and understandable . People are getting tired with the lack, and the repetitive content . We just want ur voices to be heard .And were getting sick of Ea s crud .
    I don't see signing a petition or whatever this is as a form of criticism. I just see people complaining because they think the game should be like past games which have you considered that sims 4 they might have wanted to take a different approach to it and you are just criticizing the path they took because you aren't open to change?

This was requested in an off hand remark to prove we are the vast majority.
    Lets just say I use sims 4 as a creative outlet to real life. So I am not expecting every sims game to be the same then the series would cease to be fun if it was and we got everything from past games back. I use the the game to express the way I am feeling through my sims and through the world they live in and be creative by telling my own stories and not necessarily letting people see my stories in my personal games. If that makes any sense. I am saying most of you aren't willing to accept change or open mind with the game if you were you wouldn't complain about toddlers no open world and CAST or even EP that you think no one wants someone in the community does.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Lets just say I use sims 4 as a creative outlet to real life. So I am not expecting every sims game to be the same then the series would cease to be fun if it was and we got everything from past games back. I use the the game to express the way I am feeling through my sims and through the world they live in and be creative by telling my own stories and not necessarily letting people see my stories in my personal games. If that makes any sense. I am saying most of you aren't willing to accept change or open mind with the game if you were you wouldn't complain about toddlers no open world and CAST or even EP that you think no one wants someone in the community does.

You are missing the point. It's not about why so much as a comment made to prove the data the vast majority was unhappy with the direction of the game and this vision (because they don't understand any of it, the teasers then scolded for guessing, the service with no new EP in months, or the gameplay). It was a prove thing so we are. But I assume not many will bother logging in and say signed after yesterday.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

You are missing the point. It's not about why so much as a comment made to prove the data the vast majority was unhappy with the direction of the game and this vision (because they don't understand any of it, the teasers then scolded for guessing, the service with no new EP in months, or the gameplay). It was a prove thing so we are. But I assume not many will bother logging in and say signed after yesterday.
    They are a big company and they can show us whatever they want they don't have to keep us informed about what is coming out in the future. They really don't have to cater to anyone on the forums meaning their fans if they chose not to. Its not written anywhere that we have the right to know all that they are doing.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2016
    Signing this.

I had such high hopes and Sims 4 really impressed me at first but underneath all the glitter and sparkles lies a pretty dead game. Once the novelty of different features wears off and there's nothing more new coming you just start to realise that the game is like an empty shell. The team are going in a horrendous direction, it's so bad I'm starting to think they're doing this all on purpose so they can intentionally end the franchise. But even if they were, why not end it with a bang? The lack of content is too much and quickly makes gameplay repetitive. I went back to Sims 3 and oh my goodness the difference is astonishing. Sims 4 has it's pros with it's awesome CAS, pretty good build mode and awesome graphics but all the fundamental things it needs and players are repeatedly asking for are just missing and it's looking like they'll never be fulfilled. I had hope and positivity but seeing the announcing of yet ANOTHER stuff pack on instagram just irritated me. I don't want another plum stuff pack, I want an expansion pack, I want content! I've now given up and assume it will only get worse from here. Sims 5 is looking unlikely but even if it happens, I won't be buying.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

They are a big company and they can show us whatever they want they don't have to keep us informed about what is coming out in the future. They really don't have to cater to anyone on the forums meaning their fans if they chose not to. Its not written anywhere that we have the right to know all that they are doing.

You have still missed the point of the actual thread the OP made. It was stated to a Simmer to prove it. Prove there is a vast majority of unhappy players. So, I said Yes I am dissatisfied by voting in this thread. I have already told them a hundred times in my 20,000 comments all over this forum in two years. Guess that was not the view of those on Face Book.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    Signed...its all been said and I agree with all of it. So dissapointed that I have to walk away from a game I have played for 15 years...I don't fit the new demographic.
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    Signed.
    There is so much to mention and I have already done it in other threads... Color wheel for build mode and CAS, open world/neighborhoods, toddlers, better possibilities to play rotational game play, more options in "Game Options" so that I can decide how my game will evolve, I want EA to communicate to us about the future of basic features that we have been asking for since release, I want them to better the meshes of hair styles from the base game which clearly don't have the same quality as the hair styles that we buy in the packs, and a lot more.. A lot more.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't disapprove of this game but there are some things missing.

Not enough animations.
    No in bed animations

Sims break off cuddling after 5 seconds

No slowdance or even just dancing in front of each other.

Not enough space to place lots
    We need more worlds with empty lots to place houses and venues. I'm running out of space. We specifically need lot sizes for 64x64,50x50 and 30x40.

No story progression

No cars.
  • JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Read some of the previous posts but got overwhelmed. Is this a petition, or just a grievance thread? In any case, add my name, there are certainly things I am not thrilled about.

- Life stages incomplete: object babies and no toddlers
    - Teens/YA/Adults have minor differences (would have been nice to have height sliders for ALL sims of ALL ages) *Mods will do, for now.
    - Snow globe world: open world stripped and objects beyond your sim's backyard are poorly placed and rendered.
    - Removed CAS customising tools...
    - Can't even MOO sims...
    - Sims can't walk across the street to visit neighbour without a loading screen :/ Boo!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

The onus was on EA to communicate effectively that this game was not TS4 following the pattern of previous games as had been the case with previous additions in sequels.
    They could have absolutely said in those early blogs 'Don't ever expect anything of this game because we consider it a reboot.' Not we understand why you are upset x, y, z are not going to be in the game at launch but we are building a stable base capable of fulfilling all your desires'.

The issue has been at no point were they clear that they wanted to follow a whole new direction and our money wasn't welcome. No they took our money, then after we had invested the tone of the conversation with the players changed from full of hope and promises to 'people don't know what a base game means' and other excuses that don't accurately portray why people (who have gone to detail to tell them why) they feel that way.

Every point you make is valid.They weren't upfront with customers. They took your money. They don't seem particularly concerned about customer loyalty. But. Two years later the game is still not what some would like it to be and doesn't seem like it ever will be. I can understand Cinebar wanting to show that there are many unhappy simmers but that aside, what would you like the developers to do at this point? And what are you prepared to do if that doesn't happen?
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Signed.

Not because I think petitions will get anywhere (they don't), but because Drake wanted proof for the number of people unhappy with EA/Maxis' current vision for The Sims 4.

The random stuff nobody asked for (one whole stuff pack dedicated to Halloween. Seriously?!), broken/cheap/lazy mechanics (looking at you, Get to Work), sims randomly being culled from the game, closed worlds, clipping galore, worthless traits that don't do squat (every sim will behave the same way regardless), poor communication from the SimGurus who are too busy using Twitter than talking to fans on their own flippin' forum, yadda yadda yadda.
  • azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    Maybe the developers should make an in-depth post about what their vision for the Sims 4 actually is. How would they play the game? What do they think makes the game fun and interesting to keep on playing? What are they trying to accomplish, in terms of a cohesive game, with all the expansions and new features? What do they imagine a completed Sims 4 game would offer? And how does that compare with previous Sims games?
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2016
    For what It's worth, signed.

I'm not a fan of petitions, but am fed up with the constant demand for "proof" that people are unhappy.

I don't mind the existence of stuff packs, I can appreciate why others like them. I like the existence of game packs, I think they are a good means of including more gameplay content outside of expansions. I could cope with the limited features at launch, as I expected new content to be released frequently.

But despite a decent start we are now getting almost nothing. It's years on and the influx of new gameplay content has been reduced to a drip in favor of easy to produce stuff packs that add little new gameplay. We haven't had a new supernatural type for around 16 months. Popular demanded features like toddlers still haven't even been confirmed to be in production, let alone released. At this rate we will never get a third of the features Sims 3 had, let alone expand upon the previous game.

There's all this talk of "vision" but I think the developers must be blindfolded, because I'm not seeing anything.
    Post edited by Ianamus on
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Signed - The vision was for a failed online game only: we just got the junk scraps and scattered remains haphazardly glued together and released as a pc game
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2016
    I think they choose to
    Post edited by fairymama47 on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'll sign, for the obvious reasons most people have already posted here.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1