Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

Comments

• domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Signed.

The two biggest changes I would like to see is the injection of HUMOR back into the game- little mysteries, surprises- and not something obvious to hit us over the head but things we only discover after playing the game for a while or after completing a secret series of events (i.e. Santa in Sims 2).

I also think the game would benefit tremendously from listening to the community in the PRE-PLANNING stages. Maybe the communication team could just throw a one word theme out to us and then let us fill the forums with ideas of things we would like to see based on that theme. We live in a world of instant communication and there are many of us who are very creative- I think the team needs to use that to their advantage. I cannot stand hearing about the release 2 weeks beforehand when our input will mean nothing. We would all enjoy the game so much more if things were included that we really want, and obviously that isn't happening for many people on this forum.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No open world, cars, CASt or CAW tool seems to be the biggest losses to me. Oh, and the news papers!

@king_of_simcity7
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    /signed.

I don't like their myopic 'vision' any more with The Sims 4 than I did with SimCity 2013, they've rushed this game out after cobbling it together from the broken skeletal remains of an always-online abortion.

No firefighters, police, newspapers, working cars, actually worthwhile base traits, decent designs, terrain tools, editable lot sizes, ETC.
    raw
  • Zango11Zango11 Posts: 133 Member
    I really don't like having no toddlers in the game, it seems strange to me to just jump into being a child. I am a generational type player but just don't have the motivation to play in that way anymore as the family grows too quickly and it's all too boring. I so badly want to play TS2 again but unfortunately cannot as I have a Macbook and it can now only be played on Windows. I can't even play TS3 to revisit having toddlers as I've misplaced my game and haven't transferred it to origin so I am kinda stuck with TS4.

Don't get me wrong I've bought Get to Work and Kids Stuff and love the additions they bring to the game but I just really want to have annoying toddlers, the option of my sim going to university and seasons.
  • glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    i'm signing my name and not buying anything else from ea.

reasons- all of them. any of them. it's a sad and lacking game.
    simming on through.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    i disapproved of this game back when it wasn't cool to disapprove of ts4.

1) pre-ordered the base game;
    2) played it with horror and sad dismay;
    3) realized immediately and with ongoing confirmation that it was only going to get worse;
    4) became a zealot for ts5 not to be a repeat of this madness.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Signed

I'm extremely disappointed that players share their complaints and feedback and are told that they're "not a fan of this version" or that they're "not open to new experiences."

I have NO problem with new experiences. I have a problem with being sold 1/2 a base game for the price of a full base game and not getting candid answers as to when or if we can expect the rest of that base game back. I have a problem with features being put into my game via patches that I am not warned about, that have drastic consequences to my playing (namely relationship culling & decay), and that there's no response to unhappy outcry.

I want to be a fan of Sims 4. I don't want to be angry. I want to enjoy this game as much as I enjoy Sims 2 and Sims 3. I'm tired of being treated like I'm an unwelcome pest for having complaints.
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Signed. The game is terribly lacking, and doesn't deserves the 4 in the title. Maybe 1.2, but with the absence of most of the NPCs, I'm not sure.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Signed!

Lack of age stages, age stages that are obviously copy-pasted from YA, object babies, lack of simulation of a neighborhood (and no, I don't consider little automatons stomping past my sims' houses to be simulating a functional neighborhood), teleporting as a form of transportation, lack of customization options that we had in previous versions, the sim and relationship culling, the whole gameplay mechanic of manipulating of emotions, the extremely simplistic and linear task lists and goal achievement system, the extreme multi-tasking system that apparently prevents the addition of critical content, the overly cartoonish sims and environment as well as the plastic Barbie-doll look, and on, and on, and on.

I'll just say that I agree with all the reasons that people have given so far. I am not a happy customer and I don't like their vision because it is changing the game I loved into something unrecognizable as a sims game.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Well honestly , I like Sims 4 . Even though its my least favorite sims game . But just because I like it dosen't mean there is no need for improvement . Also doesn't mean Ea should sold an incomplete base game , and excuse that is a new vision.

So sign, sign, and sign.
  • CACTUSROSE1CACTUSROSE1 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi There

Signed
    So I was just browsing through the chats on the Forum and noted this one

I think it is really sad that a much loved game has hit an “iceberg” as stated by one of the simmers.

I was introduced to Sims for the first time with Sims3 and I absolutely fell in love with the game and with every new expansion or stuff I was really building a great life for my sims and absolutely loving the game. My absolute favourites was the bakery station, university, paradise island, adventures, generations and just to name a few.

When they announced the release of Sims 4 and I saw the trailer for it I was so excited, I could customize my sims more, like give some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or an hour glass figure and that you didn’t have to delete to create rooms and so on you could just move it or lengthen so that was so cool

I buy sims 4, really jumping out of my skin, then the bomb dropped – I have to have constant internet connection, initially no pools, no toddlers, useless babies

Started noting more things

1. RABBIT freaking holes!!!
    2. No commitment from the sims – an engaged sim will get flirty with someone!!!!! And then they get called to go on dates and so on. I
    3. I cannot bounce about my sims without “switch control” “bring sim to current lot” or having their “tags” fade out.
    4. I cannot have my sim walk around the town or just pop in by the neighbor – o wait I can….. with a stupid rabbit hole.
    5. I don’t even waste my time with babies – I get pregnant and then I just age the rascal up as there is no gameplay at all.
    6. No toddlers – I miss having the interaction that could be done like teach to walk \ talk\ potty\ read to them \ chat with the toddler \ feed them in a high chair or on the floor \ play with the teddy \ the imaginery friend that some family sends your sim when a baby is born then they build a relationship and when they are a child they can have the imaginary friend
    7. Why is the grocery shop gone – I cant take my produce to the shop and sell, I cant register myself as selfemployed (painter \ author \ gardener)
    8. My teenagers or other sims cannot get a job at the Spa \ Bookshop \ city hall \ school and the list goes on.
    9. No baby sitters
    10. You cant tell your sim to clean house – then they clean everything that is dirty. With sims 4 you have to constantly look what needs cleaning before upsetting your sims due to the dirty surroundings
    11. No after school activities like ballet or scouts for the children
    12. Cuddle on the bed
    13. Read book on the bed
    14. Watch tv on the bed
    15. Go to the theater \ tour the theater \ military base \ science facility etc)
    16. Where is the creative side of the world – you know where you can place lots where you want or add trees to an area \ rotate the lot to fit the style of your home \ business
    17. Family tree – if I am not mistaken, on Sims 3 the family tree showed both your wife and husbands family extended, you know his parents your parents \ siblings their children and so on – I could be mistaken as I rarely got my family to multiple generations as my Laptop could not handle all the things I was doing – creating multiple homes and businesses buying up lots and hotels and upgrading my hotels to 5 star, owning the coffee shop and baking like a crazy woman. Having multiple kids and helping with homework, scolding for bunking school
    18. The picnic basket – cant go to a spot and picnic
    19. No football or baseball to toss at the park or in your own garden
    20. Cant swim in river \ lake – at least in sims 3 I could swim where ever I wanted at the beach or in the river
    21. Treehouse for kids \ swing set \ see saw
    22. They could play pretend in sims 3

Like some other simmers stated, they keep buying the add ons in the hope that one of them will be the bees knees and will correct all our concerns about the game – I haven’t gotten kids stuff or Halloween. Y buy kidstuff when your toddler stage is missing, your baby is boring and there is no diffs with teen and adult. Y buy Halloween when there is not seasons – why don’t you just have a Season pack like in Sims 3 where there was the holidays and the theme park updated as the seasons changed. I would love to buy these but like i said, you keep adding in the hopes that there will be changes - this game has become a really expensive in boredom - boredom is free, you can do it lying on the couch looking at the wall or ceiling

Don’t get me wrong, there are some nice things – like I can give my sim some rear end or I can manipulate the features a bit more, give them a specific walk, but that is about it

When I played Sims 3 I played for hours and days at a time but with sims 4, I play maybe an hour or two at a time before I get irritated \ my game crashes (which it does A LOT), then carry on doing something else like reading or watch a movie as that is so much more entertaining and satisfying.

I wish the gurus \ EA will take note and tweak the game or at least give us feedback on things that we have been asking for since the get go of Sims 4 – toddlers \ more interaction with babies \ defined teenager \ open neighbourhood \ editing of your surrounding world and so on.

Hope springs eternal 
  • emplaysthesimsemplaysthesims Posts: 9 New Member
    Ooh, me! me!

My name is Em. The Sims 4 was my first sims game, but upon hearing all the complaints from customers after content was left out, I begun playing the Sims 3 also. I wish the game had these features it used to and more. I want terrain editing, toddlers, open world, etc. In a game supposedly much stronger than the previous, why shouldn't I be getting these things?
  • kwc1994xkwc1994x Posts: 28 New Member
    New to this forum thing

But yeah, consider this me signing it too.

I don't know what it is about The Sims 4 but it just, for me, lacks...soul. Or something. Don't know how to describe it. I think I miss lots of little things that the predecessors had. Such as burglars, police, nannies, firefighters, repo workers, buying groceries, amongst many, many more things.

And don't get me started on Toddlers. Didn't realise how much I'd miss them until they were gone. I did sometimes find them very annoying, but it was always a challenge added to the game that was fun to play. Especially since I like playing out families. The jump from baby to child just seems...wrong. Lacking.

Not a fan of the babies in this game. They're just objects stuck in the bassinet. There's no substance to them.
    Teens being the same size as Adults is...annoying. Don't know why, but it is. It's bothered me since launch. There's not much they can do to fix that now though.

Multi-tasking. In some ways it's very helpful and I like it. But then there's instances where it grates on my nerves. Like, when trying to eat a meal. My Sim will just get up, run to some random other Sim and start talking to them...and then take forever to eat the food! They do loads of other things like this too. It makes eating a meal to satisfy their hunger time consuming.

- small neighbourhoods. No matter how much more you add, they're tiny.

I think i'll stop there. I could on for a while but then this post would just be far too long and no one would want to read the whole thing :')

But yeah, anyway. Overall, I don't hate The Sims 4. It just disappoints me and leaves me saddened and bored of it quite quickly.

This of course, is just my opinion. And others are sure to have opposite opinions as well and that's fine. if you enjoy the game then I'm happy for you and I hope you carry on enjoying it :smile:
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited July 2016
    Signed

Repetitive gameplay
    Kid-friendly
    Sims are too happy
    Too many stuff packs (haven't bought any though)
    EPS and GPS barely have enough to offer for the price
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Signed. Unhappy. " :| "
    •Missing Toddlers..really?
    •No Open World...LOADING SCREENS EVERYWHERE!..come on..it's 2016!
    •No Transportation..The Sims 1 even had cars..
    •Never-ending Inactive Romantic Relationships w/
    PLAYED HOUSEHOLDS.. :|
    •Culling... dude, fix this already.
    •The genealogy in this game is ALL JACKED UP
    •No depth to the sims...traits are LAME-o
    ^Main things.

Developers:
    Ask yourself, "..is this game honestly fun?.."
    in less than one 'but' in your response.
    :|

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Unhappy. Signed.

Pre-ordered Sims 4 (like I've done every other Sims iteration base game, EP and SP). Saw the posts about stuff being taken out but thought "how bad can it get?" and let my order stand. How bad? Pretty bad.

Big items removed. Not fixed or made better from Sims 3. Removed.
    No open world.
    No create-a-style.
    No terrain tools.
    No way to edit the world, uh neighborhood. No, actually they're street corners.
    Fake backdrops. Funny looking trees, like My Little Pony.

The Truman Show. Same townies walk by again and again and again in a loop.

The lego hair. Or plant sim hair from Sims 3.

Got the base game and tried to play. Back to Sims 1 or 2 play style. Can't customize anything. Can't match
    the blouse to the skirt on my sim or match the bed to the bed tables in her bedroom.

The camera. The "tilt" on the Sims 3 camera was the best ever and even using the Sims 3 "camera" in 4 didn't
    give me that.

Gave up, haven't bought anything else.

• mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Signed.

Way too many reasons why to list. I have exhausted all of my will to even try liking this game. This is no longer the Sims for me as the simulation portion is nonexistent. Worst part is, as much as I dislike the game overall, there are aspects that I enjoy, and it makes it that much harder for me to find complete happiness in the previous games as a result. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has managed to sour me off the entire franchise, and that's what makes me saddest of all.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Signed

No toddlers - no excuse for this

Cannot edit worlds. Yeah I have a guitar stuck on the sidewalk I cant get rid of even with the set as head cheat

Culling - I am literally fed up with this. Culling of Sims was annoying enough but now this whole relationship culling is taking it to a new level.

Musical chairs....FED UP WITH THIS ONE. So many times they claimed to have fixed this issue and it still occurs.

Forget direction...WHAT DIRECTION?? There is so much hush hush around this game, I couldn't begin to tell you what direction they are taking it in. With each announcement, I feel like it is the wrong direction. Backyard stuff, really?? We have had patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, what else do we need in these yards..omg. There is so much disconnect from the community it is doing more harm than good in my opinion.

Traits are meaningless and just effect the emotional state of the sims which gets tiresome and silly.

Time management in game is the worse.

I think Graham and the team did great on the Kids stuff pack. I didn't buy it because I am just having a hard time continuing to support this game. I guess it doesn't matter because they have their new target audience. I started playing Skyrim to take a break from the Sims because I have been just too frustrated lately.

I would list more but I feel like I have been repeating myself over and over and they are not changing or fixing anything.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Signed
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Signed.

I, Hagfisher von Sims Player, disapprove of where Sims 4 is going. I know something is up when I have more Maxis Match CC than I do official game stuff!

What's the point of emotions? They barely have an effect on my Sims and their actions. Apart from breaking the doll house and taking angry poops, I don't see any point in emotions!

Musical Chairs is still a problem. Not as bad for me as it was, but well it's still there.

Lack of control. There's a plate of rotting hot dogs just outside of my Sims house that I can't get rid of because there is no trash can nearby and it's JUST OUTSIDE OF THEIR LOT.

Poor communication and customer service. I... I've had some poor experiences.

Toddlers. Where my home boys at, huh? Where my crying, toddling home boys at?!
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have been playing the sims since sims 1 and I really liked sims 2 because it was different but then sims 3 came out and it offered aging for the entire neighborhood. I found that very cool because I was more a rotational player. But I didn't really like the open world and the CAST doesn't really bother me because I always had CC to fill my need for color meaning I really never used it that much unless I was building a house which I never did that much. So now sims 4 comes out and I had no expectations for it because I wasn't really going to go beyond sims 3 I figured it would be like all the other games. My point is that even if you are disappointed about how the game is you really shouldn't go in expecting every sims game is going to the same if it was most of us would have never moved on. The game appealed to me because it was different and though I do want certain things to return I find that I am enjoying the things we have never had in the game or seen in the game. That is what is making it still interesting and fun to me at least. I bought the sims 4 because it was different and unique and to say that its a step back from the previous games isn't necessarily true if you look at it as a different approach to the game its not suppose to be the sims 2 or the sims 3.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Just saying its unnecessary to create this thread when there's like a million more of people complaining about this game

So how to you feel about the million speculation threads?

There also annoying but there you go that's what happens when ea never tells anyone anything or when they do people are annoyed with what they get and complain on threads like these.

Its call criticisms, and its not complaining . The critisim I see is very constructive, and understandable . People are getting tired with the lack, and the repetitive content . We just want ur voices to be heard .And were getting sick of Ea s crud .
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    Signed. We all here know why.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Just saying its unnecessary to create this thread when there's like a million more of people complaining about this game

So how to you feel about the million speculation threads?

There also annoying but there you go that's what happens when ea never tells anyone anything or when they do people are annoyed with what they get and complain on threads like these.

Its call criticisms, and its not complaining . The critisim I see is very constructive, and understandable . People are getting tired with the lack, and the repetitive content . We just want ur voices to be heard .And were getting sick of Ea s crud .
    I don't see signing a petition or whatever this is as a form of criticism. I just see people complaining because they think the game should be like past games which have you considered that sims 4 they might have wanted to take a different approach to it and you are just criticizing the path they took because you aren't open to change?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641