Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Won't Start

About ten minutes ago I installed the new update. It just finished and I went to play the game, but right when it got to the title screen, it crashed. This has happened three times, then I decided to repair the game. It is currently repairing, but has this happened to anyone else?
Origin: moseekee

Comments

  • Options
    moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    Bad news. The game finished repairing, and it made it all the way to the part with the spinning plumbob with the tips right before you click play, and then it crashed. I don't know what the problem could be. I don't use CC and I haven't played the sims in a week.
    Origin: moseekee
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,724 Member
    Hello.
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin,

    Try starting the game in windowed mode and see if that helps the issue.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode/

    Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to My Games in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    One trick I did was launch as administrator from my desktop and not through origin. Didn't crash at start up when I did that. Think recent origin patch may have been wonky
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had a similar issue yesterday, and again today. I even tried to repair the game. And all this this started for me right after the latest Origin update. At this point I'm thinking the same thing as Audio_5urf is, the latest Origin update may have been a bit wonky some how. I have been saying this all along, even though that some of us don't agree with it. Origin and Sims 4 are connected to some degree. If one fails, the other will too.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,724 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I had a similar issue yesterday, and again today. I even tried to repair the game. And all this this started for me right after the latest Origin update. At this point I'm thinking the same thing as Audio_5urf is, the latest Origin update may have been a bit wonky some how. I have been saying this all along, even though that some of us don't agree with it. Origin and Sims 4 are connected to some degree. If one fails, the other will too.

    Hello.
    I hope that the issue has been fixed for you now. If you continue to have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    edited June 2016
    I actually had an origin update that my computer didn't inform me about. Once I updated it, I was able to get on.

    ...or not. I just went to get on, and it crashed. Guess I spoke to soon.
    Origin: moseekee
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,724 Member
    moseekee wrote: »
    I actually had an origin update that my computer didn't inform me about. Once I updated it, I was able to get on.

    I am glad that the issue is fixed now :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I had a similar issue yesterday, and again today. I even tried to repair the game. And all this this started for me right after the latest Origin update. At this point I'm thinking the same thing as Audio_5urf is, the latest Origin update may have been a bit wonky some how. I have been saying this all along, even though that some of us don't agree with it. Origin and Sims 4 are connected to some degree. If one fails, the other will too.

    Hello.
    I hope that the issue has been fixed for you now. If you continue to have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps the issue.
    I did that, and now neither Sims 3 or 4 are no longer listed in my game library in Origin. And now Sims 4 has stopped working again. :(

  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,724 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I had a similar issue yesterday, and again today. I even tried to repair the game. And all this this started for me right after the latest Origin update. At this point I'm thinking the same thing as Audio_5urf is, the latest Origin update may have been a bit wonky some how. I have been saying this all along, even though that some of us don't agree with it. Origin and Sims 4 are connected to some degree. If one fails, the other will too.

    Hello.
    I hope that the issue has been fixed for you now. If you continue to have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps the issue.
    I did that, and now neither Sims 3 or 4 are no longer listed in my game library in Origin. And now Sims 4 has stopped working again. :(

    Hello
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log into origin and see if the games have returned .
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2016
    I reinstalled origin and got the sims 4 to actually launch through the client after doing a repair after the reinstall.
    I also go it to launch offline through origin earlier today.

    --64bit--
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,724 Member
    Audio_5urf wrote: »
    I reinstalled origin and got the sims 4 to actually launch through the client after doing a repair after the reinstall.
    I also go it to launch offline through origin earlier today.

    --64bit--

    I am glad that your game is working okay now :)
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    @rosemow

    okay is debatable but did find something interesting in my exception file when i took a peak at the crash logs.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I had a similar issue yesterday, and again today. I even tried to repair the game. And all this this started for me right after the latest Origin update. At this point I'm thinking the same thing as Audio_5urf is, the latest Origin update may have been a bit wonky some how. I have been saying this all along, even though that some of us don't agree with it. Origin and Sims 4 are connected to some degree. If one fails, the other will too.

    Hello.
    I hope that the issue has been fixed for you now. If you continue to have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps the issue.
    I did that, and now neither Sims 3 or 4 are no longer listed in my game library in Origin. And now Sims 4 has stopped working again. :(

    Hello
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log into origin and see if the games have returned .
    I have found them, and they were still in there. What threw me off was I some how ended up on the CAS Demo page, when I got Origin reinstalled. And that led me to think that I had lost Sims 3 & 4 some how. So there won't be any need to restart my pc now. Once again rosemow, thank you for your help! :)<3

  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,724 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I had a similar issue yesterday, and again today. I even tried to repair the game. And all this this started for me right after the latest Origin update. At this point I'm thinking the same thing as Audio_5urf is, the latest Origin update may have been a bit wonky some how. I have been saying this all along, even though that some of us don't agree with it. Origin and Sims 4 are connected to some degree. If one fails, the other will too.

    Hello.
    I hope that the issue has been fixed for you now. If you continue to have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps the issue.
    I did that, and now neither Sims 3 or 4 are no longer listed in my game library in Origin. And now Sims 4 has stopped working again. :(

    Hello
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log into origin and see if the games have returned .
    I have found them, and they were still in there. What threw me off was I some how ended up on the CAS Demo page, when I got Origin reinstalled. And that led me to think that I had lost Sims 3 & 4 some how. So there won't be any need to restart my pc now. Once again rosemow, thank you for your help! :)<3

    I am glad that your sims 3 and 4 games are still there :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Audio_5urf wrote: »
    @rosemow

    okay is debatable but did find something interesting in my exception file when i took a peak at the crash logs.
    Just out of curiosity Audio_5urf, what did you find in the crash logs that was interesting? Please share with us because it may help other Simmers that are having the same issue. :)<3

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top