This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @rflong7 I don't see why not!

Speaking of CAW, is it a pain to lay a train track? I'm thinking of playing around with it a bit to see if I can recreate my little home town, which has a train track running through it. :)

@DarkMirage thanks for asking but yes, my Mom got moved back into her fixed up house after the flood damage and she's doing OK. She has constant pain from a very bad back so I've been living with her. My brother has been staying at my house which is three hours away but he wants to move closer to her next month (or as soon as he can find an apt.), so that means that I'm going to have to go back to my house and get it ready to put on the market very soon. So yeah, I feel ya'll when you're speaking about moving pains. :p
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @DarkMirage , so glad your procedure is over. Yikes, your description of the process made me cringe! Also glad you found a program to limit FPS in CAW. My eyes about popped out of my head when you wrote they would go into the thousands. If my old GTX650 ran into that, I am sure it would immediately keel over and melt!

@Rflong7 , Sure, use store content. You've got it, make good use of it. Isle of Sims is looking good.

@HappySimmer3 , moving is the worst, imho. There is nothing I dread more. How fun you are considering making your home town. I say go for it! Wish I could answer your question on the train track but have no clue.

@tammyjo329 , good luck with the redo of Felicity. Yum, dive lots!

I miss Rukaya, too and think of her often. I can imagine how lost she felt in the new forum. It just doesn't feel right, leastwise to me.

Happy Mother's Day to one and all, whether there are children involved or not, lol. Let's just celebrate all the women in our families, real life and simmer family, that we love!

• Options
    Happy Mother's Day and/or Happy Ladies Day to all! Er, I mean the ladies of course. :p

Thanks DD! I was thinking that trying to recreate my home town might be a fun exercise in learning how to use CAW. Of course I could be really, really wrong about that and it won't really be that much fun. :D

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,606 Member
    Thanks, Everyone. :mrgreen:

I think the train tracks are fun to add to worlds. Iirc they only show up in the Super CAW but I could be wrong. But SCAW is easier to install but I don't know if it's updated to the new patch.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    @HappySimmer3 I'm glad to hear you guys got the house issues taken care of. I'm sorry about your Mother's back, as someone that lives with back pain, I feel for her. It can be excruciating at times. Good luck with selling your house.
    Once you get the hang of CAW it's fun. I think you'll enjoy it.

@DOLLDRMS1 Yup, the GPU would literally go into the thousands, which is why I quit using CAW after I got my new GTX 970 card. No way was I going to risk that one.
    It's good to see you stopping back in again.

@tammyjo329 I look forward to seeing what you've done with FI.

@Rflong7 Hey Ro! I have the super CAW patch and it works fine, but I am on 1.67 because Origin will never be on my PC again.

@Writin_Reg Hope you are doing okay. Let us know when you get settled somewhere.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!
  • Options
    Thanks!

I just downloaded both Super CAW and NVidia Inspector. Don't know when I'll get around to getting it all working, but at least I have what I need now. I'm also still on patch 1.67 and plan to stay there - I uninstalled Origin when they came out with that last patch for TS3 because I did not want my game tied to Origin.

And I agree with hoping that WR will check in when Pete gets her PC up and running. :)

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hiya everyone! I'm finished with my fourth semester in architecture school and I'm finally catching up on sleep. I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to see how everyone was doing! I saw rukaya is gone, I'm hoping she is okay.
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    Also, if anyone is interested, this is my online architecture portfolio: https://ztbarchitecture.squarespace.com/#/casablanca-bombing-room-competition/

it doesn't have my most recent semester project, but it has the most major stuff.
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Rflong7 I am still playing The Isle of Sims ll. I have updated all the town building to a more modern design, added a small dive spot, replaced and updated some houses to modern designs. I love the swampy 50x50 lot. Its where I start my legacy family. Have always loved this world, it run so smooth and is comfortable to play. Looking forward to any changes you make. I hope you use the nice brown roads in the new update world, it makes it look more like an island setting. I dislike the gray roads on islands. It feels like a city setting, not like an island. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi you all! it´s really great seeing this thread moving everyday...

I, for now, am playing TS2, though I love TS3 and open world so much, when one comes back to the old game it´s wonderfull to confirm what a great game it is in spite of all the time passed, now I have a new mod, I have a ton of them, that allowes you to use the time the sims left at home have while the outgoing sims are out and that is game changing for me, the inconsistence of time in TS2 was the great issue for me before...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    @Zach_Bundy, great to see you drop by! Your portfolio was awesome! I'm glad to hear you feel like you've finally caught up on sleeping. College is a hectic time, for sure. :)

@junceda that mod for TS2 sounds interesting. I should look into it, but to tell the truth I still have so many things I want to do in TS3 that I just don't think I'll be checking it out anytime soon. But I have enjoyed seeing your pictures in the Family thread when I stop by there (which isn't as often as I used to, I'm afraid). But your story sounds like it's fun!

Today I've been trying to track down the CC that's throwing a pattern error in Error Trap. I've been adding lots of CC lately because I want to build lots of little shops using Ani's Savvier Seller Mod (latest version is available at the NRAAS site; it's based in Savvy Seller from Moonlight Hollow but improved). I'm getting a kick out of turning my sims into little entrepreneurs. :D

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi everyone!

I agree with Tangy your portfolio is awesome Zach!

Just stopping in to let you all know I finished my updates to Felcity Isles and have uploaded the new version "Felicity Isles Revisted"

If anyone is interested ...

Info: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/category/felicity-isles-revisited/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886753/felcity-isles-revisited

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8903995
  • Options
    This is great, @tammyjo329. Off to download!

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    @tammyjo329 Gave you a rec and d/l. I look forward to seeing what you've done with this world.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well helloooo everyone. Glad to see you all. Tammyjo, got in just in time - and did download the new update. Just so you know that installed with no problem - so I again tried the other world and it still will not load. I have no idea why this one had no issue and the other one has issue. Nuts or what? But anyway I am extremely happy to have this one back and updated too. Not sure when I will get to check it out as right now actually playing the Sims is next to impossible for me. Anything more involved than much more than a game of Solitary is practically impossible for me right now... but my pc is up and it is running. I can download stuff - but I am stuck using Wifi and not my regular internet - so it is not really dependable. It likes to disconnect me for no good reason that I can see when I least expect it. LOL. So I don't even bother. I am one of the fools who did all the Origin updates - unfortunately - and it was not a problem with my own internet - but this Wifi is a whole other story. So for now I just have to consign myself to go Simless.

On a good note I will have at least your new redo Tammyjo, and maybe even one of Rflongs and any others any of you guys do to look forward to once we get out of this "Tin Can" and get back to real life.

Yes we ended up putting most of our stuff in storage and are renting a Camper - I "affectionately refer to as the "Tin Can" and us the human Sardines who must reside in it.

Right this moment my pc totally covers the eating table which is barely a few inches away from the campers little kitchen stove. You only have to slide out of the booth seat and you are standing at the stove, a sink with no running water, and a built in fridge are all right in your face. I can literally make myself a pot of coffee, pour it into a mug and top with cold milk with out leaving my seat.

Needless to say I have finally saw the light as to why some people do actually prefer laptops as I can visualize all the space I could have had - but it is what it is. Anyway - thank you all for thinking of me and hoping good thoughts. I appreciate them. I think I have read all the posts since I was last in here on my machine.

Yes - I too think of dear sweet Rukala and wonder how she is doing. I can almost feel her frustration about not getting here after she had came so far on the old site. Last I knew she tried to make it here and couldn't. As far as I recall she last posted right before they stopped allowing posting on the old site so I do not think she ever did actually post on this one. I at least hope she is still able to play her game though and is doing okay.

I too was thrilled to hear from Summer and that I was able to let her know how much better I am. I did also get a few posts on my page as well. She was thrilled I was finally getting some immunities and on the road to good health again. She said V was going to be thrilled. I do hope she is also getting her health issues improved.

DM so glad you came through the latest medical well even though you had to deal with an incompetent tech. I met a few of those during the last 6 years but thank goodness it did not happen often. The Oncology center I have to say have the very best care givers I have ever seen and most of the issues I encountered with "those" kind of techs was on the lab side of things- at the most - and not with the Medical or treatment places - thank the Good Lord. But glad you came through it all regardless of the incompetence.

My doctor did not want to take any chances with me - and right before our little "adventure here" I was given a number of protective injections - including the newest Pnuemonia shots even though I was not due them til winter - so naturally the last days of moving out of my house was hindered by both arms and one hip dealing with various injections. Oh joy! Nothing like adding insult to injury.

Hopefully they have turned my body into supergirls and I should soon be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound....

Love to you all... Hugz all around... and I am sort of back. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Thanks Tangie and DM!

Hi Reggie! It's so good to hear you are doing OK. I litterally LOL'd hearing you call your camper the tin can! Hang in there and hopefully it won't be too much longer before you find a new home. :smiley:
  • Options
    Happy to see you check in, WR! I also hope you'll find something soon and the 'tin can' is just a temporary stop on the way to a bit more space for the desktop! :)

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi you´ll!

So good to see you over here

great job in Felicity Island @Tammyjo329
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Hi junceda! It's been awhile since I've seen you around, how are you doing? Thanks I'm glad you like Felicity Isles :smiley:
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    Hi.
    I've been working on a world named Rocky Streams for 3 months(since February) and I've completed it last week.
    It's a large populated world and has quite a lot of lots. Some sims have stories behind them. Feel free to ask!

The banner in my signature leads to its thread which contains the download link.

It has a few routing issues here and there, but most of the problems I get are caused by small pets getting stuck. It runs relatively smoothly on my 8GB computer, but I am also using NRaas mods.

It is CC-free.

I would appreciate if someone took their time to identify the problems and give me some feedback on it. :smiley:
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    Heeeeeeeeeey everyone!!!! :tongue: Hope you are all doing fine! We are doing great here, little one is running around all day, still refuses to talk but he finally started to blab gibberish..Loads of them too. As for the younger one, seems quite active in there and going great. Its a boy by the way.

So i've been feeling quite down lately and I've caught myself thinking about creating lol I miss sims i guess. I'm currently looking for an empty fully up-to-date world so i can get in every now and then and build. I think Rflong had updated legacy island but i don't remember which version i have. Any other worlds you'd suggest?
    I tried staying away from the game cause the crashing quite frustrated me, but i cant lol. I don't know i tried TS2 but building wise doesn't do it any more for me. I think i might cave in and go for ts4 when i get some extra money. I still hate loads of stuff about it, but the quick loading and lighteness of it are tempting. The fact that i can minimise the thing and return later with no issues seems quite handy, especially with my limited time. At least that's how the demo looked. I really have no idea what to do. I really need to build something to relax but when i think of the loading and the crashing .... :confused:
  • Options
    @geminiagre, when did the crashing start? Maybe someone in the technical forums can help you identify and resolve that? As for loading, an SSD I'm told is the best thing since sliced bread for TS3.

I would buy one for myself but really my whole PC needs an upgrade - it must be 4 or 5 years old now - so I'm debating what to do. Probably nothing until I get my house sold! I'm sure I'm going to need some money for repainting and sprucing up so hopefully that will happen sometime this summer. My brother is trying to find an apartment so as soon as he moves out I will be starting the process of getting the house ready.

Anyway, yes, I know that the fast load times are attractive to some people, especially busy people like you! I only tried to build one or two houses in that game and found it just as boring as the rest of the game. They made it easier for people who didn't build in TS2 or TS3 but for people who were skilled at building in the previous games, TS4 is lacking quite a bit. I didn't even bother looking on the Gallery much either, because the worlds are so small there's no where to place more houses anyway. Not like the old days where in TS3 you had a whole neighborhood to fill. They provided one empty hood but the backdrops are in a specific style and prevent you from making it any style you want, IMO.

I think there is a free 48 hour trial of the game on Origin periodically. You might consider trying that first. Or at least I would recommend waiting until you find the game half off. But do whatever gives you some fun, Hun! :D

• Options
    @earthgirl your world looks great! I don't know if I'll have time to take a look or not right now; if I can't get to it I wish you the best of luck on it!

• Options
    I've tried the trial , and unfortunately the time wasn't enough. I thought at first it would be 48 h of play but it was 48 h from the time you got it. So i didn't have much time with it. Plus it was just the base game and kinda stripped if i recall correctly so not much i could see.

I can't afford atm any hardware and i'm struggling with what i have , which is pretty ok for TS3. The crashing started about 2-3 patches before the last one. And only with big worlds. Completely randomly too. Idk i'll just have to do with what i have atm.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Grrrr bad bad Gem...I promised I'd stay away from simming YouTube channels, but I gave in. And now I want to Sim soooooooo badly. And the building in TS4 doesn't look that bad.... And TS3 loading is killing me...ok I admit it I'm sold...even without toddlers. I have no idea what to do... All I want is to get my hands on the game and have no extra money.... Why did I have to go to that part of YouTube, why???