This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,606 Member
    Woot!~ Huge Congrats @simbody872 :cookie::cookie: :hugz:
    How wonderful! :mrgreen:

@Writin_Reg Wow! That's good and kinda bad about selling the house. I wish ya lots of luck on finding somewhere new to live. :hugz:
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    wow congrats on the graduation Simbody! That is quite THE acomplishment! :p

Hi Written_Reg I hope you find the perfect home for you and Pete and I hope you find it soon. I know it can be fun and tiresome hunting for a new home. Good Luck on your house hunting!

Hugs to everyone B)
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Hey everyone, just stopping by between homework assignments to say hello

@simbody872 I hate you right now...LOL just kidding Congrats!! I still have two more semesters before I graduate with my Bachelors in Communication Studies.
    @Writin_Reg Best of luck on the house hunt!

My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks all - too bad I can't move in with some of my Sims. LOL.

Well if worse comes to worse we still have a Camp we can use up in Waterboro or Waterville - not sure which it is, in Maine - it's a travel trailer 38 feet long - We used to have one a bit older, but slightly longer at the campgrounds near the UNH University (the Lamprey River Campground) when Pete was working there and like this one had a full kitchen, bathroom with shower, Master bedroom , central heat and AC. So not too shabby.

Pete assures me I will at least have my pc and the same Internet we have - Lol - can't wait to see this. But it would be nice.

ETA - Breaks over back to packing. Pete the slave driver.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited April 2016
    I agree with what everyone has said, @Writin_Reg, your news about selling your house so quickly is both good and bad! I also wish you much luck in finding a nice spot to settle in and hope you find it very soon! Edit: you ninja'd me on your post! That's good that you at least have the mobile home to go to. Wherever you land, I hope you get your PC up and running quickly! :D

Speaking of which, how is your house hunt going @Rflong7?

And lots of pats on the back and congratulations to @simbody872 on your graduation! I know how much work and effort that was but what a great feeling of accomplishment you must have! Are you still working at the same place?

@flstrider you hang in there too, I know it seems like forever but you'll get through it!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Thanks Tangie and Flstrider.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks everyone! <3 I'm relieved to be finished. Still a bit in shock I guess. With tax season and school done at the same time I'm finding a lot of free time all of a sudden :D

@flstrider so I probably shouldn't say I also earned a minor in Finance Management? Don't be discouraged you're two semesters away! I've been going to school part time for nearly 8 years and I am so done with it!

@Writin_Reg I know it's kind of stressful to move so quickly but hopefully this is a good thing! Now when you find the right place you don't have to worry about it being taken while you wait to sell! Good luck with everything!

@HappySimmer3 I am for a while longer. Probably won't stick around much longer. It is a great place to start, but I want more out of a job than what this place has to offer. Funny how you don't know that until you realize just what doors this degree does open up. The current job is pretty low on the ladder rung, and doesn't advance very high compared to others.
    Post edited by simbody872 on
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    My house hunting is going terrible... we'll, I'm being a little picky. I would like a little land and an house with at least potential. And no hoarder neighbors who collect and place everything in their front yard. Sorry but this is hard to find here unless you have a million to spend- which I am no where in that range. But we're checking out five more today... the last suggestions from our realtor gave me the shivers - in a scared way. O.o

**What an exhausting day... to far away, too over priced, too rundown and over priced... too rundown. Too exhausting. :sad:

We even started looking for land and to build a small house on it... Not going to happen. House buying/selling...is so weird here- not at all what I'm used to in SC. :(
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    Gosh, sorry to hear the house hunt is so disappointing, @rflong7. Seems like it should be a lot more fun! Hopefully something promising will pop up soon. Hang in there! (You too, WR!)

@simbody872 I was wondering if the place where you were currently working could accommodate your new credentials or not. Sounds like not! So I think looking elsewhere is a good idea. After all that hard work to finish you deserve a really great job to show off the knowledge and skills you have gained.

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hey guys! I am glad to see you are all still around and doing well. There's so much to catch up on with all of you and I will have to go back and read through a few months worth of posting it seems.

@simbody872 - Grats on the graduation! You should be very proud of yourself. That is quite an accomplishment, especially while raising a family.

@Writin_Reg - I had no idea you guys had to sell your house. I hope it was a good thing for you and wasn't too stressful. I know buying and selling can be a pain.

@Rflong7 - Hey Ro! Good to see you still around. Good luck on buying a house. I've been to Hot Springs once, but it was over 20 years ago. It was a nice area back then. Isn't it a tourist town? I remember they had a lot of shops to browse through.

@HappySimmer3 - I'm sorry you lost your kitty to cancer too. It's so hard to have to put them down when the time comes.

@DOLLDRMS1 - Grats on the granddaughters wedding. I hope your back is doing better now.

I'll be in the hospital next Monday for the day. I have to go through another Myelogram, then another corticosteroid injection in the back. (Not on the same day.)
    Thanks for all the kinds words regarding Chief. It was hard to put him down but he was in a lot of pain, so it was necessary.

If I missed anyone's news or announcements then I apologize. I tried to go back a few pages to see what was going on with everyone. I really don't play the Sims games anymore but yes, Shelly does. I've been playing Fallout 4 the past few months and trying out some of the new mods for that game.

ETA: I just saw some of the comments about my sims, so just to clarify you guys can do whatever you want with any of my creations. Sims, houses, worlds, whatever. I don't care, the stuff is all out there and anyone is free to use anything or take the worlds apart in CAW or just burn them down in game if you like! LOL
    Post edited by DarkMirage on
  • Options
    hey DM- So happy to see you. yeah I didn't really get into my house issues much. I survived it - what can you do as it was our only choice and we knew it. That's life sometimes. We are still in the middle of moving lots of stuff to storage at several places as we still haven't found something else - so campgrounds here we come. using a device of Petes brothers so I need to keep this short. Had to say hi though. hugs to you and everyone.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Gads, don't visit for a few days and finds tons of posts.

@DarkMirage - So happy to see you post! So sorry, though, to see you facing a hospital visit. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

@Writin_Reg - I had not realized you had put your house up for sale. I do so hope you find something soon and glad to see there is place to land for a bit to give you time to look. Glad to see Pete is going to be sure you have your computer up and running, too.

@simbody872 - Congrats on graduating!!! That is simply awesome.

@Rflong7 - Sorry to hear the house hunting isn't going so well. Forgive me but the way you worded your realtor's suggestions giving you shivers made me laugh. I don't think you need apologize for being picky. You have to live in what you buy.

Glad CAW is providing some creative outlet for you. It honestly pains me not to have you able to create for TS4.

@flstrider - Glad you popped in. I agree with @HappySimmer3 and @simbody872 , hang in there. You CAN do it! :smiley:

Hugz and good wishes for all!
  • Options
    Thank you all! I'm ready to enjoy a Saturday free of homework commitments! I'd take a walk, but it's raining again :D But I'll take the rain over the snow we've had all week! So since I am stuck inside it's game time, just not sure which game to fire up this morning!

@DarkMirage I hope all goes well at the hospital and you get some relief from the back pain. I tried Fallout4. I got about 2 hours in and came up against some beast I can't kill. After reloading the game 7 or 8 times trying different tactics I gave up :p So it was a very expensive demo for me! I'm still very much into the Dragon Age series and writing fan fiction in my spare time (which I actually have now!) I also picked up for half price the Elder Scrolls Online and have been enjoying that game when I can. Eventually I will get through a complete Skyrim play through! My teenager is better at the game than I am. :) I've even given Mass Effect a try. It's slow going, but I will get through the first three eventually. Hopefully by the time Andromeda is released. Have to have something to do while I wait impatiently for news on if and when we can expect DA4 ;)

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @simbody872 If it was the deathclaw in the first big mission area, make sure you are wearing the power suit found on the roof of the museum (take less damage wearing it). There is an alley way in the street that you can run into and the deathclaw cannot make it back there. You can shoot him from the alley and run back to the back, rinse and repeat til he is dead. My hubby helped me with that part and I'm watching him and I'm like, you could have just told me to do that!!! It was more fun for him to show off though :) He played it first after we got it.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes. The procedure isn't a big deal, but it's an all day wait, precautionary stuff.

@Writin_Reg Always good to see you as well Reg. I hope you and Pete are getting settled and that you find a place you both like soon.

@DOLLDRMS1 DD, I know you are all too familiar with the back problems. I can use all the prayers, thank you.

@simbody872 Thanks, and good luck with FO4, don't give up on it just yet. It's such a fun game. If you are stuck in an area turn the difficulty down to very easy, then you can turn it back up to normal after you get past that stuck point. You can change the difficulty level any time during the game in case you didn't know. Otherwise what @bekkasan said if it's the deathclaw.
    I wanted to play the new Dragon Age but EA lost me as a customer so that's not going to happen.
    Skyrim was awesome, I lost count of how many times I played through that game. And did you say teenager? :o They grow up quickly!

@HappySimmer3 Hey Tangie, I saw some of your builds and they are really nice. You've really improved your building skills. I'll be on the lookout for a world from you soon. ;)

• Options
    Thank you, @DarkMirage. That last house I built turned out much better than I expected. It has an unpainted wall in front of the family room door and I forgot a mirror in the kids' bathroom upstairs but other than that, I did OK. :D

As far as a world goes, I don't know. I don't seem to have the patience for it, and it takes a whole lot. I spent part of my gameplay time earlier just making some collections (FINALLY getting around to that) because I often don't even have the patience to find all the items I'm looking for in Buy mode! But I might start with a world that just has all the sculpting and roads done and work on builds and layout. That I might be able to handle, and if I want to change something here or there, maybe I'll learn something about CAW that way. :)

Best wishes to you on your medical procedure and I hope the day goes by quickly for you.

• Options
    @bekkasan Thank you, that is exactly where I'm stuck. I will try that if I ever feel like trying again. I am so terrible at shooter games though, I need unlimited ammo!

@DarkMirage I wasn't going to try any of them had I not gotten them for free or more than half-off. I'm ignoring the fact that EA bought Bioware and supporting the game developers and not the corporation. Silly maybe but David Gaider and Patrick Weekes have wormed their way into my heart with their incredible world and characters. I was very sad to see David move on to a new company, (only for what it means to the DA series) but I'm looking forward to what he does there!

And yes! The oldest girl is going off to high school next year! And the world is not ready for her!
  • Options
    Hey guys. Just letting you know I made it through my procedure. I swear the tech was an intern and I had to threaten his life, but he finally got it done. I thought he was going to kill me in the process. He hit a nerve twice and had to stick me three times before he got it right. Never again.

I did re-install CAW yesterday and I am thinking about trying it again. I haven't made a world in ages but I finally found a way to limit the FPS in CAW and EIG so at least I won't burn through another GPU.

I hope you are all doing well. Has anyone heard from Rukaya? I haven't seen a post from her in well over a year.
  • Options
    So glad to hear your procedure is over with! Especially considering what you went through. That's so irritating that you got someone so incompetent. :#

I think Rukaya checked in like one time early on - she was a little lost on the new forum and couldn't find us for awhile. I've not seen her since. I miss her and wish she would find her way here again!

That would be awesome if you decided to work in CAW again and I'd be interested in knowing how you limited the FPS in CAW.

• Options
    @HappySimmer3 Thanks, Tangie. I hate to hear that about Rukaya just disappearing. I hope she's doing okay.

Limiting the FPS in CAW and EIG is simple with this program. http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
    It's Nvidia Inspector and can only be used with an nvidia card, which you have IIRC. Set it for global and fix the FPS at 60. It really works for both too. This is the first program I have found that will actually limit the FPS in EIG as well. My FPS was going into the thousands when EIG would open.
  • Options
    That's great, thanks so much for the link. I think I used to have that program on my PC but I must have uninstalled it. Or maybe it was on my laptop. A memory is a terrible thing to lose. :D

Yes, hopefully Rukaya will wander in here some day. I did hear from @SummerSong86 a few months back. She's been battling healthcare issues and caring for her parents and in-laws but was hoping to be able to get back into simming.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    YW and LOL @ the memory comment. You're preaching to the choir here. ;)

I knew about Summer because she posted on my page, but thanks for the info. Rukaya had a few generations on her though, which was why I was more concerned. I had just hoped she had emailed someone or posted on their my page.

I did mean to ask if you ever got the issues with your Mother's house taken care of? I know that was a few months back, but I missed it if you posted, so my apologies.

ETA: I still have a few sim points on my TS3 account. Do any of you need anything from the store for TS3?
    Post edited by DarkMirage on
  • Options
    I miss Rukaya, too and hope she's doing well. :(

Hope your move is going well, WR :mrgreen:

:HUGZ: to Summer and Everyone! :(

I've been slowly working on Isle of Sims. I was wondering, should I use some of the Store Stuff to make the Boardwalk? I don't really know what else to do with it. Kinda still no on the Building Ball yet. :lol:

Screenshot-70_zpsyc3msir3.jpg

Screenshot-71_zpscsyrhy3t.jpg

Screenshot-76_zpsl53mrt8n.jpg
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi Everyone! Waves to DM :D Glad to hear you got your procedure over with, but sorry it was such an ordeal for you to go through!

I miss Rukaya too and would love to see her and Summer pop in to say hi.

I hope RW's move is going OK for her. One reason I have not put my house up for sale is just the thought of all that packing, organizing, unpacking, and trying to find reliable movers makes me shake in my boots. LOL It definately is stressful to move.

Not much going on with me sim wise. I am still testing and adjusting, and re-testing my Felicity Isles revisited world ... I had to completely re-sculpt, paint and build it from scratch since I went to a larger map to add dive lots.

Rflong your pics of Isle of Sims look amazing.

I'll see you all later ... hugs for all of you!

• Options
    @Rflong7 Yes, you should!

@tammyjo329 Hey! Thanks, I'm glad it's over with.