Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    > @suzses said:
    > @glen1974 I hope you're able to finish this one in time and also hope you're feeling better. :)

Thanks @susses, fully recovered now but bad time management is my excuse this time! New motto, no matter how busy life gets always make time for Sims!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    #176 - Techno...What?
    Techno…what?

“Rose?” You call over the intercom, preparing to ask her a question.

“Yes, it is the time you are suppose to have the meeting. No, she isn’t here yet. No, she hasn’t called.” Rose says with an amused chuckle. She knows you so well.

“Oh. Well. Thanks.” Glancing at your clock, you shrug, and try to pass the waiting time with a game of solitaire. As you struggle to find a place to put that black 8, an icon flashes up on your screen.

“Tchnobabbl16 wants a chat.” you read, before looking very confused. “What?” Hesitantly, you click the accept icon. After a few minutes, during which a program you didn’t know you had updates, a window opens and a young lady smiles at you.

She has black hair, liberally streaked with candy pink, matching her candy pink lipstick. Her vibrantly green eyes peer at you through candy pink frames. “Sorry I’m late for the appointment. I was hoping to get out of class in time to meet with you, but I got hit with a last minute assignment. My name is Tashira Nuvalis.” At seeing your confused expression and not getting a response she rolls her eyes and smiles again. “First time on video chat? Just speak up. Your computer has a built in microphone.”

“Right. Its nice to meet you Miss Nuvalis.” You say, struggling to regain some dignity. “What can I do for you?”

“I need a new place. I heard you're the best, so I came to you.”

“Okay. Will it be you and your parents?” you ask diplomatically.

She sighs, as if exasperated with that question. “No. I’m emancipated. Mom and Step-dad live in Appaloosa Plains. I hate the country. Since I make enough money as a comic book author and YouTuber, I decided to beat feet. My grandmother left me 20k to get started.”

You nod, pulling out pen and paper. “What would you like?”

“An apartment in a city. At least 1 bedroom. Need the basics and a place to write and film my vlogs.” She thinks, “Downtown would be perfect if you could manage it. If it's too expensive, I don’t mind going a little farther out. But no suburbs!”

“That sound doable. Any other preferences?”

“Well my favorite color is pink, and I love watching the sunset, so a balcony would be nice, but not required. I cant think of anything else.” She says, toying with a pen. Suddenly a bell rings, making you both jump. “Crud. That’s the bell. I have to go. When would my new place be ready?”

“Give me 2 weeks.” You assure her confidently. You’ve done harder things in 2 weeks.

“Great. See ya!” The window closes, leaving you alone in your office. After jotting down some notes, you head out to tell Rose about this unusual appointment.

The Brief:

1 bedroom, 1 bath

Kitchen

place to write

Make sure to use Pink in the décor

Balcony, if budget permits

Budget: $20K

Optional: Make Tashira Nuvalis and show her in her new space.

Deadline: Saturday, April 30th, 2016, Midnight CST
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Are there no lot dimensions required? And does it need to function as an apartment?
  • HuedMollHuedMoll Posts: 64 Member
    Is 20K the budget for the entire apartment building? Or do I build a building, then reset my funds and build just one apartment for 20K?
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    @HuedMoll: its for the apartment. If you wish to build a building and then build the apartment, thats cool. Ive done that before but you will not be judged on the building itself.

@aricarai: no lot dimensions since its supposed to be an apartment. Make it as big as you want within the requirements and budget. Im not sure what you mean by function like an apartment.

Typically when we have apartment builds we take into account that not everyone has nightlife and are okay if you want to build on a lot like a house. Just keep in mind that doing so will require some basic landscaping like normal builds. I hope this helps clarify and we look forward to see your builds!
    By function like an apartment, I meant have other apartments on the property and use the private markers found in buydebug.
    Thank you for clarifying and I'm glad @HuedMoll asked that question - so we can build a building with separate apartments (say it costs §50,000) and then set funds to §20,000 and decorate and landscape the apartment for Tashira?
    If that makes you happy, full steam ahead! just remember we wont be awarding bonus points for it but i know i had a great time doing that ages ago. :)
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #175 - A RIVER VIEW:
    your results can be seen here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #175 - A RIVER VIEW:
    your results can be seen here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I created my own apartment complex and was all set to upload-even have the pics taken-but she cannot enter the building! I followed a few youtube videos, but the tips are not working. Anyone have any other suggestions on where to find a how to make an apartment instructions?
    Congrats on the winners! Everyone did a wonderful job!!
    Have you tried looking in carls sims3 guide? Thats my go to for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 questions and how tos.
    ISHTARJMD wrote: »
    Have you tried looking in carls sims3 guide? Thats my go to for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 questions and how tos.

Thanks, I will try that!
    Okay, so Carls Sims 3 guide did not help. I did find this one, and I am going to try it. Posting it in case anyone else needs it!

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:TS3_Sims_3_Apartments
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I created my own apartment complex and was all set to upload-even have the pics taken-but she cannot enter the building! I followed a few youtube videos, but the tips are not working. Anyone have any other suggestions on where to find a how to make an apartment instructions?

@iampes23 - what seems to be the problem? How do you mean she can't enter the building; what happens when you try?
    edited April 2016
    aricarai wrote: »
    iampes23 wrote: »

@iampes23 - what seems to be the problem? How do you mean she can't enter the building; what happens when you try?

She shakes her head and the image of the door is in her thought bubble, as if she cannot go through the door or it is in the way. I tried an arch as well with the same results, but I do not want to totally get rid of the door since it is in a building. The hallway on the other side of the door is marked public. I am calling it a night, but if you have any suggestions, all are welcome!

*If this is unclear, I will do a picture tomorrow to show what I am trying to say*
    Hmmmm. It's been a while since my last apartment build, @iampes23 Is the area behind the door designated a public area? I think you have to put a designator into lobby areas for the sims to use them
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    Can we use the rabbit hole apartments from Late Night? Like the penthouses and stuff? I've never used them before, but it looks fun :)
    If you want to Paneinger
    Is this more of an interior design challenge then?
    http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/problems with apartment

That is a link to the problem. As you will see, NPCs who spawned in the community building can not get out, and no one can enter either building or the playground area. I have triple checked that I used the right markers. I can set a front door, and I have set the NPCs' apartment doors. I tried to create vestibules inside the apartment building, but either way does not work. I even tried changing the door, but it still will not work. I would hate to have to scrap such a great build, but if I cannot get her inside, there is no point. ANY suggestions are welcome!
  • ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    @iampes23 I just built an apartment building in Bridgeport today and ended up with the same problem. I scrapped the main entry door, removed two panels of wall so there was just an opening and then finished it off with some columns using MOO. That seems to have solved it. I don't know why it's happening, but maybe give this a try. Good luck!
    ArikaB wrote: »
    @iampes23 I just built an apartment building in Bridgeport today and ended up with the same problem. I scrapped the main entry door, removed two panels of wall so there was just an opening and then finished it off with some columns using MOO. That seems to have solved it. I don't know why it's happening, but maybe give this a try. Good luck!

Thank you! This is going to mess up my community building and apartment building design, but since they are not being judged, it does not matter. I am keeping my photos as is but uploading the revised lot. I was almost at the point of either doing an already-made apartment or just giving up, but I really like what I have done here. Thanks again!
    edited May 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #176 **Techno...What?**

NAME: iampes23

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8886359

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/BnS 176

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8886358#
    media coming soon---due to not getting the pics together in time--not entering the optional

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 415 Skyborough Blvd in Adventureland, $19,985 (before furn$324,298/unfurn$232,119//after furn$344,283/unfurn$238,303)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Tashira Nuvalis has two passions in life: comic books and food. Her heroine is a baker who uses food to defeat the evil villains of her town. Her adoring fans love to see what Tashira will come up with next! And they never have very long to wait! She also shares recipes of the bakery's sweet treats with fans on youtube, where she shows her off her baking skills to the world. Add to all this a full class schedule of high school and college courses, and you can see why Tashira is becoming a wealthy over-achiever!

Tashira Nuvalis's loft apartment is very much in sync with her hobbies. She has a large desk for studies and writing. She has a place to showcase her treats for her videos. And she has a huge kitchen to bake in! Her favorite color, pink, is splashed throughout her home.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: my own patterns
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    @iampes23 Did you try putting a public area marker outside in the yard? One video I watched said to do that or there would be problems.

I am just going to do my building in the University Life style and avoid the Late Night Style! I've always had trouble getting that to work.

Also hoping to do a video of my build. If I can get it to work on my computer. I'll post a link if I manage it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top