Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butting items next to each other or stacking items on top of each other.

I'm kinda new at this and I noticed how some people build stuff and butt it next to each other or stack items. I try putting beside each other and it will only let you do it but so far. How to butt items next to each other?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited February 2016
    To move things next to each other, you need to turn on the moveobjects cheat, and while grabbing the object, slide it around while holding down the alt key. The other one where they are stacked, requires a mod. It's over at Mod The Sims, I tried to find it, but couldn't locate it.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I stack my smelted metals without a mod, not sure about other objects.
    I forgot about the smelted metals, there is no limit on how high you can stack those.
  • dakota2458dakota2458 Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks will try.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Debug Enabler is an NRAAS mod that lets you specify the distance an object is above or below the floor. It is good for placing objects on top of other objects.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited February 2016
    To put some things close together, you also need to use "DisableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt True." Then press the alt key and hold it down while you click on the object to pick it up.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I forgot about the smelted metals, there is no limit on how high you can stack those.

Actually there is: 16. After that I had to start another stack.

The mod @LaBlue0314 was looking for might be this one. Not sure; I've never used it.
    Yea, that was the one I was thinking of, but it might possibly be outdated, possibly.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I think the OMSP mod still works, but sometimes the slots become visible in Live Mode when it would be preferred that they don't. It's really funny getting one of those as a wedding present, though (value = §1).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net