This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Why are you torturing me EA!!!???

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,699 Member
    me i play familys this means i highly doubt that they will remove kids but if they removed aging that would be perfect and they should remove death as well and i also doubt that they will remove kids how would sims raise a family then

Their not removing any lifestages or aging.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    DarkMirage wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    You can scream until you're blue in the face. EA's track record screams "selective hearing".

Couldn't agree more.

I love your Delta Shield. Me thinks you're a Star Trek fan, perhaps? Me, too. See my siggie. ;)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »
    I would buy the Generations Pack without toddlers. I would love more interactions with the sims I have, things for my teenagers to do, etc. If they want Toddlers to be a game pack, I'm fine with that. If they get "patched" in, I don't think the toddlers will have anything to do. No interactions, clothes, etc. They would be more like the baby objects.

The only way that they could add them is to patch them in. They're part of the Sim life cycle between baby and child. In the Sims 2, the Young Adult lifestage was made as an expansion pack and was supposed to be the stage between teen and adult. But, that life stage only happened if you sent your teen to college. Once they graduated or dropped out, they became adults.

I don't see how the same could be done with toddlers being put into an expansion pack. A different environment would have to be created for the toddler, and it would seriously interrupt the flow of the family unit.

Why would it be the only way ? They could make the next age depends on the EPs owned. Have Generations = age into a toddler, don't have generations, age straight into children. And voilà, you've got toddlers in an EP.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Jarsie9 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Why should they bother to make toddlers when it's clear they don't need them to sell the game?

They may not need them to sell the base game, but to sell a Generations Pack they would.

No, they don't. They can sell any expansion pack and still call it "Generations". All they have to do is add more activities and interactions for the children and teens in the game and more activities that families can do together and flesh out the elders more...there, you see? No toddlers needed.

Oh, they'll sell that expansion pack all right, because there's enough players that will still buy it, regardless of whether it comes with toddlers and pre-teens. Trust me, if EA marketing department does its job right, fans will be chomping at the bit to buy the new "Generations" type expansion pack...even if they don't call it Generations.

And at that point, I will be proven right. They won't ever add toddlers because they know they don't need to.

But even EA can't market a family pack without families. People just wouldn't bother.

They can sell the base game without it, but Generations or a Family Pack without proper Family content won't sell.
    So they'll either do a Family Pack without Toddlers or not have one at all.

It would be like having a Beach Pack with pretty beaches and no swimming or ocean activities. Seasons without Snow. There are just something they would need to be able to market a themed pack.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Yup I do agree, they need to step it up as well, and get on the ball, seems they are so lagging behind lately.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2016
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Devs can't create things instantly. They know how much we want those things, but screaming like little brats and demanding the 2 most hardest and time consuming expansions early on won't make them come any faster. The thread was under the assumption that devs can create anything instantly, which they can't.

I think we all know that. (bolded part) However, you seem to be under the impression while one set of gurus work on an upcoming EP they have another set working on something for the future of the game. That isn't what is going on in this game. No one is working on something for the future of this game to come out much later, etc. Just ask them. What they are doing with this game is deciding on the fly, what they will do next or what they had already finished for Olympus and trying to salvage some of that to bring into an EP or GP, etc. Even SimGuruGraham has said they will be releasing content (said it was different this time) on what sold well last month etc. and what seemed to be popular and done well the last month etc. They aren't building and releasing content like they did before in other games. They aren't doing 'long term' projects while others work on current ones. (ETA: They wait to see what sells good, and then go from there with a similar idea etc.) or that is what he made it sound like to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Devs can't create things instantly. They know how much we want those things, but screaming like little brats and demanding the 2 most hardest and time consuming expansions early on won't make them come any faster. The thread was under the assumption that devs can create anything instantly, which they can't.

I think we all know that. (bolded part) However, you seem to be under the impression while one set of gurus work on an upcoming EP they have another set working on something for the future of the game. That isn't what is going on in this game. No one is working on something for the future of this game to come out much later, etc. Just ask them. What they are doing with this game is deciding on the fly, what they will do next or what they had already finished for Olympus and trying to salvage some of that to bring into an EP or GP, etc. Even SimGuruGraham has said they will be releasing content (said it was different this time) on what sold well last month etc. and what seemed to be popular and done well the last month etc. They aren't building and releasing content like they did before in other games. They aren't doing 'long term' projects while others work on current ones. (ETA: They wait to see what sells good, and then go from there with a similar idea etc.) or that is what he made it sound like to me.

@Cinebar, multiple gurus have made it perfectly clear that they're not all working on the same content. Unless they're completely making it up and actually lying when they tell us that they're working on GP#3 or only work on Stuff Packs even though we're also seeing posts hinting at stuff in EP development -- and this all happened in the fall -- then they are working on other future content while an EP is being developed. It strikes me as more likely that they're telling the truth about having a typical, normal studio structure than that they're lying about it and have a weird one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Do you have any source on that Cinebar ? Because it doesn't match what we know of the development of the game.

- Concept Lead at Maxis said on her Linkedin profile : "Manage team of 10 concept artists on simultaneous multiple project development, sometimes up to 4 packs at a time" (https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilysu)
    - SimGuruGraham commented on twitter that there was separate team for GP and EP, he is working on SPs lately, while SimGuruSarah is working on GPs and the other producers are on EPs
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I for one do not know what to think anymore about the Sims 4, This one says this and that one says that, to me its just one big Argument bout nothing, cause no one knows exactly what is going to happen with this game, we all can only assume what will happen, i guess only time will tell, if we get what we all want or not.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    DarkMirage wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    You can scream until you're blue in the face. EA's track record screams "selective hearing".

Couldn't agree more.

I love your Delta Shield. Me thinks you're a Star Trek fan, perhaps? Me, too. See my siggie. ;)

Thanks, I am a Trekkie. :D I have the signatures blocked, sorry.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

I don't believe that it works this way. Most people seem to think that the developers can make just what they want. But they can't because Maxis is owned by EA. Therefore Maxis has to make what EA wants and allows Maxis to make.

I think that EA listen much more to EA's sales people and marketing people than EA listens to the developers in Maxis. If the marketing department tells EA that they think that new types of expansions will sell better than classic expansions like Pets or Seasons then EA will tell Maxis to propose such new types of expansions and stop talking about Pets and Seasons. In the same way EA will handle a request from Maxis about a toddler expansion. EA will request evaluation about the cost of such an expansion and then ask the marketing department if they think that it will sell well enough to be worth it - which the marketing department probably doesn't.

The chance that EA will allow Pets and Season to be developed will probably increase with time when a lot of other expansions already have been released. But if those expansions haven't sold well then EA might still think that they are too expensive to develop if their marketing department doesn't expect high sales numbers for them.

A main problem for us probably is that only the developers in Maxis read this forum while the decision makers in EA don't.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

I don't believe that it works this way. Most people seem to think that the developers can make just what they want. But they can't because Maxis is owned by EA. Therefore Maxis has to make what EA wants and allows Maxis to make.

I think that EA listen much more to EA's sales people and marketing people than EA listens to the developers in Maxis. If the marketing department tells EA that they think that new types of expansions will sell better than classic expansions like Pets or Seasons then EA will tell Maxis to propose such new types of expansions and stop talking about Pets and Seasons. In the same way EA will handle a request from Maxis about a toddler expansion. EA will request evaluation about the cost of such an expansion and then ask the marketing department if they think that it will sell well enough to be worth it - which the marketing department probably doesn't.

The chance that EA will allow Pets and Season to be developed will probably increase with time when a lot of other expansions already have been released. But if those expansions haven't sold well then EA might still think that they are too expensive to develop if their marketing department doesn't expect high sales numbers for them.

A main problem for us probably is that only the developers in Maxis read this forum while the decision makers in EA don't.

How exactly do you judge that is what most people think?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    Do you have any source on that Cinebar ? Because it doesn't match what we know of the development of the game.

- Concept Lead at Maxis said on her Linkedin profile : "Manage team of 10 concept artists on simultaneous multiple project development, sometimes up to 4 packs at a time" (https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilysu)
    - SimGuruGraham commented on twitter that there was separate team for GP and EP, he is working on SPs lately, while SimGuruSarah is working on GPs and the other producers are on EPs

I think @SimGuruLyndsay works on EP's :) She's pretty cool, well most of the Gurus are.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Reading this forum shows that people usually blame Maxis instead of EA for not giving us what we ask. They also blame the SimGurus for not giving us more information. But I am quite sure that it is EA who doesn't allow them to do that either.

• Options

Reading this forum shows that people usually blame Maxis instead of EA for not giving us what we ask. They also blame the SimGurus for not giving us more information. But I am quite sure that it is EA who doesn't allow them to do that either.

As far as I'm concerned and of many of those I speak to don't care who is responsible-only care that it's sorted and not ignored. I actually couldn't care less who caused the problem-I care that these are still issues left unaddressed. It's a very poor customer experience and given that EA motto is 'Player First' it is directly opposed to the supposed standard they set for themselves in choosing such a motto.
  • Options

As far as I'm concerned and of many of those I speak to don't care who is responsible-only care that it's sorted and not ignored. I actually couldn't care less who caused the problem-I care that these are still issues left unaddressed. It's a very poor customer experience and given that EA motto is 'Player First' it is directly opposed to the supposed standard they set for themselves in choosing such a motto.
    "Player first" can be interpreted in different ways. In EA's case it probably means that EA's customers vote with their wallets and that EA's marketing department is the judge who decides how to interpret the signals from those customers.

I don't believe that the forums have EA's interest as a guideline for customer wishes because EA probably only see the forums as places where EA's customers can get technical help with EA's games. I don't think that EA see the forums as places where typical customers can tell about their wishes for future games and future game content at all.
  • Options

"Player first" can be interpreted in different ways. In EA's case it probably means that EA's customers vote with their wallets and that EA's marketing department is the judge who decides how to interpret the signals from those customers.

I don't believe that the forums have EA's interest as a guideline for customer wishes because EA probably only see the forums as places where EA's customers can get technical help with EA's games. I don't think that EA see the forums as places where typical customers can tell about their wishes for future games and future game content at all.

Well that is a huge missed opportunity then. They pay for these forums-they encourage feedback with a feedback and ideas section and you are suggesting they don't even look at what is posted?

@SimGuruDrake perhaps you will clarify on this? Are the forums pointless for your customers in this way?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Well that is a huge missed opportunity then. They pay for these forums-they encourage feedback with a feedback and ideas section and you are suggesting they don't even look at what is posted?

@SimGuruDrake perhaps you will clarify on this? Are the forums pointless for your customers in this way?

I would like to know that too. It seems pretty pointless to me. We have things not working right over in the Sims3 old forums and we are getting ignored even begging, bribing, making jokes, getting ticked off just waiting for a response over here in the Sims forums. :( Last response was 1/5/16 and it has been broke since 12/11/15. I guess they don't even want Sims3 money thrown at them anymore.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Neia wrote: »

To clarify: SimGuruSarah works on EPs now, SimGuruNinja works on GPs, SimGuruGraham is still on SPs.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Thanks for the info ! So there has been some shuffling around, I wonder if it's because GP3 is done or if it's because a new EP is under way ;)
  • Options

We also have a similar official feedback forum in Danish here on EA's Danish Sims site. Often people write to EA about their ideas there too. But even our SimGuru (SimGuruTomas) doesn't read them because he hasn't been online in the forum even once since August 2015 according to his profile. He can be found on the game's Danish Facebook site though. But this still doesn't show any interest at all from EA in our feedback forum.

Only a tiny percentage of the simmers ever use the forum and the simmers in the forum are mostly adults who have played all the earlier Sims games too. But the Sims games are still targeted primarily against all the teens who very rarely write anything in the forums. So I don't completely disagree with EA if EA thinks that the forum discussions aren't typical for the game's primary teen target group who often have TS4 as their very first Sims game.
  • Options
    @Erpe it seems you are mistaken. I tweeted the sim gurus and they replied with this :)

Take a look at @SimGuruDaniel's Tweet:
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)

I'd be happy to clarify! The Sims team absolutely looks at the feedback / ideas section of the forums but we also come with ideas internally and look at other sources as well. The team loves to read some of the ideas that are brought up in the Ideas / Feedback section, I actually had a recent conversation with one of our concept artists about how she is trying to incorporate different CAS item ideas that she has seen mentioned in the forums :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'd be happy to clarify! The Sims team absolutely looks at the feedback / ideas section of the forums but we also come with ideas internally and look at other sources as well. The team loves to read some of the ideas that are brought up in the Ideas / Feedback section, I actually had a recent conversation with one of our concept artists about how she is trying to incorporate different CAS item ideas that she has seen mentioned in the forums :)
    Hi SimGuruDrake. I really hope they do. Honestly it does feel like we are talking to a wall majority of the time and even have been teased about it that Gurus only read Twitter which I didn't think was true. It would be wonderful to have more CAS item ideas. I'd love to have a color wheel personally and ability to change the highlights and tips of the hair again. It's hard because the Sims 3 CAS for hair was so wonderful to play around with between being able to change the highlight, the roots, and the end colors. I do think you would be a good reference for more hair color choices for the team to use. It's really hard because the Sims 4 is almost too pretty and too perfect looking that I so wish it had some grudge stuff and items to give Sims some grudge options. Then again I guess this could be said about the gameplay too. I just wish the Sims 4 had more depth with variety of good and "bad". Right now it just feels good. So I hope Gurus like SimGuruAzure can make that happen. Anyway happy almost 16th anniversary to the Sims. Thank you for clarifying on forums too, it helps.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Thank you @SimGuruDrake for popping by to clear up some myths :)