This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Is TS4 one of the best Sims games of all time?

Comments

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't think I would say 'almost' either. What you can do in this game isn't even 'almost' - all I see is Sims talk, talk, talk. That's it! Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk - drives me crazy. They gave us something to do with retail lots and what happens? Sims talk, and talk, group up and talk, and talk some more........and more!

If you actually find something for your sim to do, what do the other sims do? They stand around looking lost for a short time and then you can almost see them thinking 'Ah, you found something for that sim to do but I'm going to wreck what you intended for them by interrupting them with ............talk, or a hug, or a kiss.

I don't know why I'm still on this forum - the game drives me crazy. I can't even design interiors anymore without creating loads of CC. I think I'm close to being done with the game. :( I'm teetering on the edge, finding it difficult to let go of something which has played such a large part in my life. Oh well...................
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I only played TS3 and TS4.
    For now, I can't say it's the best.
    But it's not bad at all.
  • Options
    IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    Sims 4 has by far the best art direction of any of the games. I love how the sims look in TS4 where as I really didn't like the appearance of the sims themselves in TS3. Not without heavy use of mods. I also really like some of the build mode options they added, though I miss friezes so much!

That said, it also had the smallest amount of actual content at launch, and is still a bit lacking. Get to work and Get together definitely helped a great deal, but until more of the features we had in previous games return It won't feel as 'whole' as the previous games for me.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I, for the most part, only hang out in build/buy. I find all the goal oriented RPG play lacking in what is supposed to be a sandbox game. The game holds your hand, instead of giving you true freedom of choice.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    trolling colton huh? lol :D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Yup I agree. I think you got a copy cat

I feel flattered. :blush:

They might steal Justine away from you! Be careful!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Depends on your opinion, I personally think The Sims 2: Castaway is the best Sims game of all time, it's still my favorite and I played it the least, how can you not love a survival Sim with Monkey Friends?

Now this I have to really agree with. That was a side game, but the best game of the series in my opinion also. I still play it!
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited January 2016
    ashtague wrote: »
    I think it is, because it has already outsold TS2 and TS3. Probably because you can do whatever your heart desires in The Sims 4. :)

So you can do what ever you want huh Really? Then if you can do what ever your heart desires try doing this with your sims 4. I know this video is not base game only but still you can not do this in your sims 4.

http://vid1078.photobucket.com/albums/w492/Lorna_Marler/Video-8_zpsdqtp9udx.mp4
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I think it is, because it has already outsold TS2 and TS3. Probably because you can do whatever your heart desires in The Sims 4. :)

That's my thing. D:

Colton, don't look now but you either have a clone, or a Doppelganger is out for you. Beware. ;)
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Is Sims 1 the best? Nope
    Is Sims 2 the best? Nope
    Is Sims 3 the best? Nope
    Is Sims 4 the best? Nope

It doesn't matter because even if it was the best it wouldn't change your opinion what so ever. So pick one you think is the best and in the end that is the best in YOUR own opinion and you know what the no.1 opinion that matters the most is your own.
    This needs to be pasted all over this forum.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2016

Can you prove that? Don't you know Sim fans of any Sim game want proof of stuff like that? I sincerely doubt TS4 outsold TS2's first week and I really doubt it outsold TS3's first week. All we heard one say was 'sells are strong' soon after release but things got better (per another) months later when they finally released an EP to fill in the base. But no one came running down a hall and said 'Guys! We broke the mold and outsold TS2 and TS3's sells on first day!' That didn't happen. When you hear 'sells are strong' it means they were worried and it did O.K.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    This thread just seems like a flamebait thread and should be closed. @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2016
    @catloverplayer 1)The Sims Faces look much more attractive particularly the females. They look more life like as well. TS3 faces were ugly.

I like you and will not say anything bad about you,but seriously be honest.I dont use CC and I just play with premades.

Ashley Corona UL

Screenshot-52_zpskpl4tjxp.jpg

Pearl Yang ST

c926821b-5824-4199-9322-a30665e29bfb_zpsegzyqgjd.jpg

In color as was in game.

Screenshot-2246_zpsr8slwaep.jpg

Betty Simovitch RV

Screenshot-2147_zpsg9clro8m.jpg

Screenshot-2146_zps7ljgxdoa.jpg

Screenshot-2140_zps8xslvmiz.jpg

UL Premades

Screenshot-2106_zpsnr5nmo0x.jpg

Screenshot-2075_zpsvzqd2r2y.jpg

Screenshot-2074_zpszuel9wyb.jpg

So I do not get accused of changing them here is her default of the girl above this pic.

Screenshot-1915_zpsl8jjrxrm.jpg

Bexley Goldstone ITF premade.

Screenshot-82_zpsd5fvr1f0.jpg

Default made by EA

Screenshot-675_zpsefwg5qie.jpg

I could do this all day,just do not say they are ugly and again these are premades without CC anything.Imagine if I made a sim.Juss saying

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    I think I've had enough of these threads :persevere:
    too_much_salt_360.jpg
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

Funny joke! Made me laugh hun.

The thing that made me laugh is...

Many debate weather or not you really rule the game, something which you can actually do in TS3 of course

Prey tell what, because I couldn't do most things I wanted in Sims 3. 1. I couldn't enjoy real family play. (Couldn't stand it long enough to stick around for so called generations) I could not play several families as they were destroyed by the so called story progression. Couldn't go on a real vacation unless I wanted to raid a tomb, and let's not talk about all the bugs, lagging, and crashing. I could not change the map (before CA which I refused to buy World Adventures. I sure would like to know what Sims 3 game you are talking about?
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

Many debate weather or not you really rule the game, something which you can actually do in TS3 of course

Prey tell what, because I couldn't do most things I wanted in Sims 3. 1. I couldn't enjoy real family play. (Couldn't stand it long enough to stick around for so called generations) I could not play several families as they were destroyed by the so called story progression. Couldn't go on a real vacation unless I wanted to raid a tomb, and let's not talk about all the bugs, lagging, and crashing. I could not change the map (before CA which I refused to buy World Adventures. I sure would like to know what Sims 3 game you are talking about?
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member

0/10
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Mendota wrote: »

So, because you had a bad time with a game means that experience must be universal for every person who played it? It's not possible for the same game to give everyone different experiences?

Are you really that freaking dense?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @CravenLestat Awesome pics :smile:

and I do not like people saying TS3 Sims are ugly either, I have heard that loads of times before, usually from people who never even played the game,or those who never seem to like sharing pics of their own ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Fact : None of them are the best.
    Opinion : The Sims 3

None can be the best because they are opinions. Even if one was the best BY FACT, that doesn't mean it is the best in your opinion.
    *drops mic* :sunglasses:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,606 Member
    Nuh Uh - you're all wrong.... The Sims - is the best.

StewieBob_zpsgjjn67jr.png
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    You people forget Sims Social
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,586 Member
    the sims4 is the best game ever
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

ummm....don't believe everything you read from Colton.....sad child.
  • Options
    CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    @CravenLestat Awesome pics :smile:

and I do not like people saying TS3 Sims are ugly either, I have heard that loads of times before, usually from people who never even played the game,or those who never seem to like sharing pics of their own ;)

Consider this: not everyone finds fat oval faces attractive which is all you ever get in TS3. If you do, that's fine. It's a subjective thing, and your preference is not a wrong preference. But don't presume people are just clueless, i.e., haven't played the game, simply because their taste is different than yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top