The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Merging .package files on mac?

NicolettesNicolettes Posts: 2 New Member
edited November 2022 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
So i followed simphonies guide on how to run .exe files on mac in order to open sims3dashboard and be able to merge .package custom content(simphonies.tumblr.com/post/9904417575/how-to-use-sims-3-tools-on-a-mac-a-hopefully) However, I'm already stuck on the part of using terminal to open sims3dashboard.exe

No matter what i do, even thought the file placement is right, when i type: mono desktop/miscellany/S3U/Sims3Dashboard.exe, or: mono/Users/julia/Desktop/S3U/s3pe.exe, it only tells me that there is no such file or directory.

I'm kind of desperate, so If someone has any experience with merging package files on mac, that would be great
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• X.simsforever.XX.simsforever.X Posts: 107 Member
    I'm bumping this up cause I have the same problem and I would really like to merge my cc.
    Do you think boot camping will let me run it on windows? not that I would since it's a shared computer, but just curious
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Please note that those tools are desingned for Windows, and that tutorial is actually a bit old.

If you BootCamp with Windows, you can use S3PE and any other tool whitout issues.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • X.simsforever.XX.simsforever.X Posts: 107 Member
    Please note that those tools are desingned for Windows, and that tutorial is actually a bit old.

If you BootCamp with Windows, you can use S3PE and any other tool whitout issues.

Thank you so much I will defiantly consider bootcamping it
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If you can spare the drive space for a larger bootcamp partition and can adjust to managing two operating systems, you might want to try installing and playing TS3 for Windows while you are there. As much as I love the Mac OS, for me playing TS3 on it became more a source of frustration than anything else after a certain point because of the built in limitations of the improper Cider port EA arranged into OS X.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    If you'd read the very first stickied post in this forum, it would've led you to this.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You don't have to Bootcamp your Mac if you have enough Hard Drive space to run Parallels as well. I prefer to run on the Mac side, but then I followed all the helpful guides and tips and tricks from folks on many different websites to get my game running smoothly.

Please also remember that currently newer Macs have a very hard time running this game due to issues with the graphics cards not being recognized.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top