Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Gatherings

I'm loving this pack so far!

The first club I've made is just simply one containing extended family members, with their hangout at the biggest family house. Before this pack, if I wanted to invite the family over I would usually throw a party which would obviously give the timer and goals etc, so having this new option is a breath of fresh air for me! :)

I'm loving the ability of being able to invite different groups over without them having to necessarily have shared interests or a particular theme. I'm thinking of putting all of my Sims work colleagues in groups together so they can have work parties as well!

How is everyone else finding the pack?

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited December 2015
    I did the same thing with my Hendricks family and intend on giving my other big families a similar club. I am LOVING this pack now. At first I had some hiccups because of mods but now that it is cleared up I have been exploring all the fun possibilities! I just made dancing/DJ club called "Vibin' Crankin'" and the leader's brother lives with him and is a teen with a nerd club called "Nerd Herd." Earlier today I made a club called "Santa's Helpers" which has primarily beautiful woman who go around cleaning and gardening and giving out free hugs. It works so well! This club system truly changes the dynamics of the game for the better! I can't believe I was so wrong on my initial impressions! :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I haven't set up my family reunion group yet, but it was obvious to me from the start that there are so many options to this EP and the group system that it can be used however the player wishes. It's an awesome pack for the sims series and long, long overdue! The other series come up short on group dynamics compared to this. ( imo)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    what a fun idea!
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm loving this pack so far!

The first club I've made is just simply one containing extended family members, with their hangout at the biggest family house. Before this pack, if I wanted to invite the family over I would usually throw a party which would obviously give the timer and goals etc, so having this new option is a breath of fresh air for me! :)

I'm loving the ability of being able to invite different groups over without them having to necessarily have shared interests or a particular theme. I'm thinking of putting all of my Sims work colleagues in groups together so they can have work parties as well!

How is everyone else finding the pack?

Cool, what a great idea! I haven't started my own club yet. I love the EP. I haven't read any game guides yet, so I feel as if I've barely scratched the surface on the possibilities. I've only explored the pre-made clubs thus far. My Sim took over as Leader of the Spin Masters. She just happened to be in love with the Leader, so it was easy to get him to step down. I totally changed the rules in the Club lol. My Sims daughter is also in the club & she is a DJ, so we're racking up Club Points very easy on a gathering.

The only thing is that I have found it difficult to keep up managing everything LOL. None of my household have careers...w/my DJ tips, book royalties, and perfect garden harvestables, & 2 Retail stores, that's enough for my Sims to live. No complaints, just have to get used to everything. Each of my Sims are in 2+ Clubs & it's just busy, LOL. I can't imagine having an Active career.

But overall LOVE the game. & thanks...you just gave me a great idea on family play. My Sim has 20 brothers & sisters, so I may follow your lead & create a family club.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Such a cute idea!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    <3<3 Love this idea. I don't have the GTG , but if I get it this is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing. :)
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Its really expanded a bit on family play because of this function in my opinion. Its so easy to invite family over now and have a little get together (bu dum tssss).

But seriously. The fact you can set things like cleaning and stuff as a group 'do and don't' is just fantastic! as soon as I saw 'do homework' was an option i made a group of sims children make a homework club. It's just so nice to see those options in the game!!!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //