Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get over it?

Fan_GurllFan_Gurll Posts: 110 Member
Hi everyone, To make this short, at school I constantly get told to go away by people I am kind to and try to hang out with. Today I sat alone and I just feel upset. I see the same girls talking to the same guy who is my friend and whenever I try to talk to him, I get cut off because another girls Instagram post is more important. How do I get over this? Thank you for you're help!

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    Be a tough cookie and get over it. XD
    I don't know. I am a quiet person and most of the time, people cut me off as well, so I just sit by myself and do whatever I love which is surfing the web. If you have a phone you can do that, or if you like to draw, then make some doodles or something. I don't know. Just do something that will pass your time.
    In time, it will be a norm to you and you won't be upset anymore.

Disclaimer: This is coming from a forever alone kinda person.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I feel like it's just one of those easier said than done things. really the only thing I could say is "Just don't let it bug you, realize they aren't worth it if they treat you that way and being alone is better than having "friends" like that." But when you're going through it it can be really overwhelming and difficult, it get easier with time and personal growth/maturity that tends to come with age. Unfortunately it's hard to find a quick, easy, one size fits all type solution.

I had friends like that in high school but I eventually learned to just go do my own thing and just distance myself from people who didn't care enough about me. I eventually made a new group of friends and never looked back. Do you have any teachers that leave their classroom open at the lunch hours? Maybe you go can sit in there and maybe make some new friends. Like we had the art room we could sit in, so if you liked art you could go there do some art and hang out with people with common interests. The band room too. The gym I think was also open. We could also go off school property at lunch, if you can do that sometimes it's nice on the lonely days just to go walk around and not sit around being lonely and dwelling on friends that don't value you enough. Because you will find friends better than that, but sometimes you just gotta stick out the rough spots for a bit.

But ultimately, it's true, if they're ignoring you like that they aren't worth it. I mean it happens sometimes, just the nature of conversation, so you can't get upset every time, but if it happens often they're not worth it. Sometimes you have to choose to distance yourself and be alone, to find peace with it. And you will find new friends who are worth being friends with. I find that comes a bit easier with finding peace too, it helps not to be hung up on other people so you can devote time to your new friends. I had that problem for a bit too, trying to juggle 2 groups of friends... I eventually ditched the ones that weren't as excited to have me around to be respectful of the others. Like I wanted the 2 groups to get along so I could hang with all of my friends, but the one group was just dragging me and the other down because they were more worried about themselves than me or the others so I just eventually gave up on them.

I don't know if that's any help at all, but I hope it can help some. I really would, if you can, go sit in like the art room or something like that where you can share an interest with people around you. Even if they're just like the type of people you just kind of chat with while you sit in there at lunch but don't talk to much otherwise, it's just nice to have that social time and the rest will fall in to place eventually.
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,276 Member
    edited November 2015
    Move to Mars with me! We Martians don't judge.
    Then you can work at our Burger King! If you don't mind rooming with my beard worms...
    Post edited by rosey1579 on
  • Options
    moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    There's three ways to go about this.

1. Fire with Fire : next time they try to talk to you, do the same thing they do to you. Show them how it feels. Warning- this may cause bigger problems.

2. Get yourself some new friends. If they tell you to go away constantly, they don't deserve you.

3. Talk it out. They might not know you feel the way you do, and trust me, I went through many fights with my friends of ex's because I thought I knew what they were thinking and the other way around because we didn't communicate.
    Origin: moseekee
  • Options
    nikkipikki1995nikkipikki1995 Posts: 4 New Member
    I also was a loner in high school. I even had a stepsister who was the same age and grade as me, spread rumors about me. But I just stuck with the couple of friends I had, until 11th grade, when I moved and got a fresh start. Maybe you should try to find friends outside of school. Or join a club.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Only you have authority to give someone the permission to make you feel inferior.

Some people act out because they are jealous, miserable, etc. But don't let them get you down, instead you should use those experiences to empower you to become a stronger individual.

28qynu1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    At the end of the day you and only you can have the power and strength to overcome this. You have a few options, one is to take a stand against these girls and next time one talks over you, be quick and talk over her. However, if you're not that type of person who likes to shout or enjoy talking over somebody then don't do it. You sound like a wonderful person :) and someone like you shouldn't have to try and talk over their friends, why? because they aren't your friends. If they were your friends you wouldn't be told to go away or overtalked. My other advice is to look around your school and find a best mate, or friend, or whatever girls call their friends :)
    It's hard to find a friend in real life. When I went to secondary school, though I was only there for two years, I struggled to make friends like you and had only made two or three so by the time I left I didn't really miss anyone and they didn't really miss me. But I know you can do it! Someone who's super sweet like you will have no problems :) So next time you go to school, this may seem hard, but just talk with the girls you don't usually talk to in your year. Talk to them about anything you like, if they like it too, then great! :)

I think this will be your best option. But whatever you decide to do I hope it works out for you :)

Love and hugs <3
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ignore it and "get over" it, so to speak.

In years to come, school popularity and having friends at all times won't matter. I was friends with a large group of people and now we no longer talk, so don't worry yourself about people who aren't actually making the effort to hang out with you. Once you finish school and move on with life, it really won't matter. I can confidently say that people who were considered "better" than the rest of us or "cooler" than everyone else don't actually matter now. They might've been twice as popular or had more friends at the time but nobody that I have remained friends with from school look back and think about them and wonder what they're doing now with their life with the same intrigued attitude that they had when we were teens, because the bottom line is that nobody cares. Everyone grows up. I honestly cringe so hard when I think about how many people idolized other people at school for silly things like being the "popular girl/guy" or being allowed to go to nightclubs when they weren't supposed to. Lol. You'll get older and realise what's more important in life. Put yourself first. I wish I did.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'd find new people to hang out with.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
    edited November 2015
    People who tell you to constantly go away aren't real friends. There are real friends who care about you out there. Don't surround yourself with people that are going to be mean, hurtful and tear you down. Try to surround yourself with positive people who will love being around you :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Fan_Gurll wrote: »
    Hi everyone, To make this short, at school I constantly get told to go away by people I am kind to and try to hang out with. Today I sat alone and I just feel upset. I see the same girls talking to the same guy who is my friend and whenever I try to talk to him, I get cut off because another girls Instagram post is more important. How do I get over this? Thank you for you're help!

Yeah I sort of know the feeling :/
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    this was me in jr high. loneliness made me fall in love with music. i became wrapped up in bands like green day, pearl jam, nin, nirvana ect and started making friends that way. people complimenting my band t-shirts, asking where i got them, ect. and i always had new music magazines that those people wanted to look at. next thing you know, i had 2 besties. even at 34, they are still my very close friends.
    if music isn't really your jam, try youtube. make up/hair tutorials maybe? start playing with different looks and that could strike up conversation? i know you feel like there is no one, but i promise there is. many others are feeling just as lost and lonely as you. with no idea how to make new friends.
    as for those girls you know now, ditch 'em. they're being childish and petty and aren't worth a minute of your time. many girls at this age really only want male attention to validate themselves. totally normal. annoying, yes. but normal. move on. and make the choice to befriend them again when some dumb boy tosses them aside. because they will, and those girls will seek you out for a crying/prank calling/ice cream filled slumber party. either you welcome them back, or tell 'em to kick rocks. i personally would tell them to kick rocks lol
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Personally, I would tell them to cram it. I've learned to move on from people like that and to not let it bother me. I know what it feels like, I know right now it might make you feel pretty low but don't let it! don't let them win and get the best of you, You deserve better people in your life than those fake haters! It WILL get better! You just walk with your held held high because you are worth it!
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Find new friends
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    If it were me in this situation, I'd probably stay to annoy them OR say "Fine then" and walk away.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    I agree with what others have said, try and make some new friends. Those others have a bit more growing up to do yet.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Anyone that treats the other like that isn't a "friend". Find someone who will except you for who you are - flaws and all!

I was an outcast myself in high school, but I befriended others who had no problems with my goofy self. There's always someone who needs a friend like you.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Meh.. you obviously can't find common ground with them, so don't give them the time of day. People who won't give back aren't worth giving in to.

Just remember that you are never truly alone in this world :) You do have good friends, they're just waiting to be found.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,276 Member
    The sun always rises...

Even on Mars- although it takes a little longer.
    Just be patient and sow good seeds. :)
    The sun will shine and grow them into strong crops of happiness.
    Just wait for it to rise. It will happen.
    The sun ALWAYS rises.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited November 2015
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    The sun always rises...

Even on Mars- although it takes a little longer.
    Just be patient and sow good seeds. :)
    The sun will shine and grow them into strong crops of happiness.
    Just wait for it to rise. It will happen.
    The sun ALWAYS rises.

Yes... The the sun on Mars is so hot it's like summer... because we don't have the sun often.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012