Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Colored Maps Confirmed! Screenshots!

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Old map
    willow-creek-map.jpg

New map
    2_zps7e8nswau.png

Awesome!! I love how vibrant the colors are.

Now when looking at the maps that we have they look incomplete compared to the new ones.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Old map
    willow-creek-map.jpg

New map
    2_zps7e8nswau.png
    Kind of wish they kept it pale (I like pale tints), but it does look prettier.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,456 Member
    I wonder why they didn't catch this opportunity to intergrate Magnolia Promenade into Willow Creek. They also could have shown the GTW lots on the maps. The new maps are quite pretty (like naive paintings), but still so tiny!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    This map reminds me of sims 2 maps. I love that they are colored! Thanks for sharing the maps.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    Am I the only one who liked it the way it was? I liked the concept of the areas only becoming colored when hovering over them.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I wasn't a big fan of the original. I mean, it didn't bother me much, but I still thought work could've been done.
    So I'm very impressed by this change! I think it looks a lot better than it did before. There's more color and detail; it's not as plain, and it's still very Sims 4-like.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Pretty. It's a nice improvement. <3
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    They look really nice in colour, I'm glad they did this for those who thought the maps were a little too bland. Such an improvement!
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    It looks more amateur than ever.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Finally a map

I can start plotting new houses!

It's my desktop background now ;)

3 cannot be moved or changed. The ruins, the bluffs and the estate.

@fullspiral I see 2 that cannot be moved where is the 3rd one. Is the estate the one across from the hedge maze because it is a commercial lot and we can change it, I think, if not why? it has a icon over it. Let me know where these are located
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    That's it? They've just added a bit of colour. They're still basically the same game maps just not white. I cannot imagine they spent much time on this.They literally look like maps from a free-to-play Ipad game. How can anyone be excited about this? It's functionally exactly the same and I think the colour makes it look even less AAA game and more cheap.

@blueturtleotter what did you expect for them to change all the lots or something. why would it not be the same game map..
    I not sure what you wanted or how you wanted it to function differently. I think it looks nice, the colors are nice and it shows now where all the water is. I like it. It is only a map so you can click where you want to go.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member

Crin said it may be possible to check the estate and see if the house is part of what can be altered. If so, it might be able to be saved to the lot bin and then placed as residential somewhere else. She didn't get that far to check it out during her time in Germany. But to keep it where it is as residential is not going to happen.

That's pretty sad.... I Rule my plum!! :s
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Finally a map

I can start plotting new houses!

It's my desktop background now ;)

3 cannot be moved or changed. The ruins, the bluffs and the estate.

@fullspiral I see 2 that cannot be moved where is the 3rd one. Is the estate the one across from the hedge maze because it is a commercial lot and we can change it, I think, if not why? it has a icon over it. Let me know where these are located

The estate is the one on top of the hedge maze, yes. It is a new lot type and cannot be changed.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Oasis Springs is my favorite, i'm a bit disapointed that they removed some details like the train, boats and the bridge from WC's map and the dinossaur from OS. But i'm glad that they finally added some colors to the maps, i'm sure i can get used to it, i just think, i could have done this better... Also Windenburg maps has a lot of detail compared to the others. :|
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    Am I the only one who liked it the way it was? I liked the concept of the areas only becoming colored when hovering over them.

No, I feel the same way too. But maybe the new map will highlight a bit more as well on hover? We won't know till we get it. :)

I think my only fav thing about the new map is how they did the splooshy thing with the water waves. :D Looks nicer than the scribble-y lines on the old one.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    I can't see the pictures because of my tears of happiness :# .
    Origin: moseekee
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,805 Member
    Love the color maps :) Thanks for sharing.. Did they color Granite Falls too does anyone know? Any pictures? Thanks again for sharing.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    MulecatMulecat Posts: 59 Member
    That's it? They've just added a bit of colour. They're still basically the same game maps just not white. I cannot imagine they spent much time on this.They literally look like maps from a free-to-play Ipad game. How can anyone be excited about this? It's functionally exactly the same and I think the colour makes it look even less AAA game and more cheap.

i totally agree. with all the things that need work in this game they waste time on coloring a map. this really makes me laugh lol
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Mulecat wrote: »

i totally agree. with all the things that need work in this game they waste time on coloring a map. this really makes me laugh lol

Have you seen some of the rest of what's coming in this patch? The map recolor is tiny compared. Plus Simmers who are playing Sims 4 have been asking for a map recolor; not everything that's needed or wanted by Simmers is big.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Have you seen some of the rest of what's coming in this patch? The map recolor is tiny compared. Plus Simmers who are playing Sims 4 have been asking for a map recolor; not everything that's needed or wanted by Simmers is big.

yes i have seen what people are saying are in the patch, but i still think that map color was something that could have waited until they got a lot of the bugs worked out
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

yes i have seen what people are saying are in the patch, but i still think that map color was something that could have waited until they got a lot of the bugs worked out

That's different groups of people you're talking about there. Not much point in one group twiddling their thumbs while another does their thing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    It really fits the sims 4, I'm excited
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options

That's different groups of people you're talking about there. Not much point in one group twiddling their thumbs while another does their thing.

whatever i guess we can agree to disagree
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member

Separate people work on the art and bugs anyway; they have almost nothing to do with each other lol
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    jsn wrote: »

Separate people work on the art and bugs anyway; they have almost nothing to do with each other lol

of course they do but still i think more resources should have been put towards making the game play less shallow (if thats even possible lol) and that was my point. but feel free to troll my posts, it doesnt bother me in the least :)