Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just curious about Windenburg... pic!

I am pretty sure all worlds have been completely flat....Is this a small grade (hill) (incline) in Windenburg?. And will this affect how the sims walk? Just curious.

The-Sims-4-Get-Together-Official-Clubs-Gameplay-Trailer-1383aaa_zps88iwl1vu.jpg
b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg

Comments

• Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Hrm, good catch. That's very interesting.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited November 2015
    I noticed this since the first trailer. There are heights differences in the areas!

In this shot of the trailer you can see them coming from a ramp Clubs_Walking_1.jpg I thought it was only one area, but by your pic seems like more than one place has ramps, I think is cool and different!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I like how his world has pedestrianised neighbourhoods, rather than roads everywhere. There are several areas like that in my city.
  • HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Cant wait for the EP to come out, for me just the Windenburg is enough of a reason to purchase it as i really dislike the current neighborhood selection.

AFAIK there already are some uneven places in some of the neighborhoods, i hope some day we could also alter the terrain on our own lots.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Oooh! I hope this is their way of testing out routing for giving us world and terrain editing tools! :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I hope it's real hills, but I'm going on the assumption that it's backdrop.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Some of the neighborhoods in Willow Creek are not flat in fact. There is some relief in the Spencer-Kim-Lewis neighborhood, and in the Goth one I think. I don't remember how they walk there, I suppose they do fine, otherwise I would remember it :D
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    simhead70 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure all worlds have been completely flat....Is this a small grade (hill) (incline) in Windenburg?. And will this affect how the sims walk? Just curious.

The purple and white sign in your photo matches the sign in the picture with the three girls.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The area behind the Landgrabs house in OS is lower. You go downhill to get to the cave that leads to the hidden lot.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    No there is a hill in the Willow Creek's park.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Ok, I was thinking everything was flat so far. So this must be the steepest hill then! Well one more thing to look forward too!
    @Ponder the Sim @GaiaPuma @EmmaVane @Hopeinen @pixiejuice @luthienrising @neia @Misskermit99 @Dannydanbo @LoveMcQueen5683 Thanks for the insight! :):) Really looking forward to this EP. I hope we have at least two more this year.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2015
    Is that slanted sidewalk where the world ends and it is just a spot for the portal to exit that neighborhood or enter? That's what I believe.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @cinebar That could be, never thought of that! :)
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Well, I wonder if there's a road anywhere in this neighborhood.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member

The purple and white sign in your photo matches the sign in the picture with the three girls.

But is from the other direction, so is too ramps, one on the left and one on the right with the purple sign!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

But is from the other direction, so is too ramps, one on the left and one on the right with the purple sign!

Yes I noticed that too. The three girls are taking one of those ramps. And it leads to the ruins where they danced at. :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited November 2015

The Sims 4 only has flat lots. The worlds themselves are not flat.

The area where the beach is in Willow Creek has a massive slope where your Sims can walk up and down the hill.
    The entire park of Willow Creek is also on a slope behind the lot. There is also a massive hill in the corner you can climb.
    The community area of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs feature a shoreline which is sloped.
    The cheap area of Oasis Springs has a sloped area which has a bridge to cross to the other side of the stream.
    And outside the base game worlds, the camping area of Granite Falls is also on a very obvious slope. It's not flat.

Those are just some of the examples I can think of, I'm probably missing some. But yeah, the Sims 4 worlds themselves aren't flat. Just the lots.
    And the reason why the lots are flat from memory, a developer said it made downloading lots an issue on the gallery because if you download a house on the gallery designed on a slope, for a flat lot, it would glitch. Same with downloading a flat lot on a lot with the slope. It would make the Sims 4 look buggy and people would avoid downloading from the gallery which defeats the purpose of it.

In the early version of the Sims 4, the lots weren't flat:

tumblr_nb6hg0KTxX1sh6xelo4_540.jpg

Hope this helps ^^

@Cinebar wrote: »
    Is that slanted sidewalk where the world ends and it is just a spot for the portal to exit that neighborhood or enter? That's what I believe.

I don't they would put unroutable terrain so close to an entrance to a house :p

tumblr_nm32zr1qGT1tjhxljo1_1280.png

This is a similar "ramp" in the Sims 4 where Sims can walk :)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited November 2015
    double.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I'm in love with Windenburg.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    @jackjack_k Most informative. :) Thank you so much. I better get my sims moving around a lot more in the game. LOL