Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - #StopStereotyping

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited July 2015
    Playitt wrote: »
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    No, they don't "have to" take a stance; they certainly may if they wish. But that's not what the game is about; it's about being a game, not making a statement. I never saw where they were asking to be praised for being lgbt positive. Unwed pregnancies are a problem...maybe they should remove pre-marital woohoo? Bullying is a problem, and violence in general; let's remove fighting as well. And obesity, so how about only healthy foods in the game? Not exactly the same thing, I realize, but making a statement about anything important has hardly been a priority. Having same sex relationships was easy programming wise; nothing else to add. But they didn't even have different height teenagers because it made things LIKE clothing easier, and now you think they're going to double the number of meshes? Not likely to happen.

A good compromise though would be for Maxis to make some downloadable free items of clothing that could be worn by both sexes. Then those that wanted it in their game could add it. But I don't care what you say, it's unfair to ask them to change all of it, not to mention unrealistic because it's hard enough just to get them to fix major problems with the game.

Also, I am not trying to make them add it - I was thinking more about future games! However, maybe if you read this correctly you could see that I didn't want them to add it, so stop jumping to conclusions!

Um, you tell Maxis to stop stereotyping, go on to explain that one of the stereotypes you're talking about is the lack of the ability for the clothes to be interchangeable gender wise, but you don't want them to add it? Sounded strangely like you'd like to see it added, be it this game or the next. Anyway, putting it in future games is the same difference programming wise; unless you make men and women shaped the same you still have to make two meshes for each outfit. But hey, I'm sure the aliens would appreciate not being so stereotyped with pointy ears and solid black eyes, too. Maxis in the last few years is so known for listening to their fan base, so good luck with it.
    Post edited by ravynwolvf on
  • Options
    PlayittPlayitt Posts: 246 Member
    edited October 2015
    Playitt wrote: »
    No, they don't "have to" take a stance; they certainly may if they wish. But that's not what the game is about; it's about being a game, not making a statement. I never saw where they were asking to be praised for being lgbt positive. Unwed pregnancies are a problem...maybe they should remove pre-marital woohoo? Bullying is a problem, and violence in general; let's remove fighting as well. And obesity, so how about only healthy foods in the game? Not exactly the same thing, I realize, but making a statement about anything important has hardly been a priority. Having same sex relationships was easy programming wise; nothing else to add. But they didn't even have different height teenagers because it made things LIKE clothing easier, and now you think they're going to double the number of meshes? Not likely to happen.

A good compromise though would be for Maxis to make some downloadable free items of clothing that could be worn by both sexes. Then those that wanted it in their game could add it. But I don't care what you say, it's unfair to ask them to change all of it, not to mention unrealistic because it's hard enough just to get them to fix major problems with the game.

Also, I am not trying to make them add it - I was thinking more about future games! However, maybe if you read this correctly you could see that I didn't want them to add it, so stop jumping to conclusions!

Um, you tell Maxis to stop stereotyping, go on to explain that one of the stereotypes you're talking about is the lack of the ability for the clothes to be interchangeable gender wise, but you don't want them to add it? Sounded strangely like you'd like to see it added, be it this game or the next. Anyway, putting it in future games is the same difference programming wise; unless you make men and women shaped the same you still have to make two meshes for each outfit. But hey, I'm sure the aliens would appreciate not being so stereotyped with pointy ears and solid black eyes, too. Maxis in the last few years is so known for listening to their fan base, so good luck with it.

I respect your opinion
    Post edited by Playitt on
    Life is better when you have friends...

• Options
    Panromantic_PancakePanromantic_Pancake Posts: 3 New Member
    Yassssss i agree, there should be genderless clothing as being non bianary i really want to make a non bianary sim like myself but i hate being limited to only wearing one genders clothes. I have seen a few people do one or two conversions but this is something that should be added to the game imstead of following a strict gender system. It really is quite sadenning to me that ill have to download so much cc to get a little non gendered clothes
  • Options
    Yassssss i agree, there should be genderless clothing as being non bianary i really want to make a non bianary sim like myself but i hate being limited to only wearing one genders clothes. I have seen a few people do one or two conversions but this is something that should be added to the game imstead of following a strict gender system. It really is quite sadenning to me that ill have to download so much cc to get a little non gendered clothes

Thanks <3

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    So, anyone who disagrees with you is spreading negativity? That's rich. You know, if the dev team can't even make a beard for a male Sim in CAS, they're not going to bother making the clothes non gender, don't you?

No mater how much you want it. It's easier to let males be males and females be female.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    So, anyone who disagrees with you is spreading negativity? That's rich. You know, if the dev team can't even make a beard for a male Sim in CAS, they're not going to bother making the clothes non gender, don't you?

No mater how much you want it. It's easier to let males be males and females be female.

I respect the opinion of everyone and I take it into account that this will not be everybody's 'cup of tea' - I am just spreading my opinion like most people on these Forums.

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Modders are saving the day, we got skirts, lipstick, and more for boys, teens, adults.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    Modders are saving the day, we got skirts, lipstick, and more for boys, teens, adults.

Thanks for this :)

• Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

CC creator here. I make my own conversions for 3 atm
    lucy-hale-you-sound-good-to-me-1-twirl-taylor-swift.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I dont mind this except if they make sure it does not happen automatically with the townies, I don't want to see men in lingerie hanging out in public places
    lol

tumblr_n7tux5Wqxt1r6kbowo4_250.gif

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I love stereotyping in The Sims. I loved when Mrs. Hicks in the Hick family lived in a trailer with her son, and she wore a robe and hair rollers in TS2. I loved Mrs. Crumplebottom was stereotyped into a old grouchy lady who would hit you with her purse because she was a prude. Typical stereotyping. And I loved 'geeky' Sims were created by Maxis to be in the games who wore glasses, one paint leg rolled up and pencil pack in their pocket.

Or when Maxis over exaggerated facial features in the TS2 and then you read the last name. Maxis is notorious for stereotyping. May not be politically correct but I hope they never change and then become way to politically correct. Because you can't play satire and a parody on life if you go taking out everything in The Sims that is stereotyped. Those are just small examples, but OP, I hope Maxis never goes as far as to actually put their propaganda in my game, (which actually they have with t-shirts logos written in English for me to read other than Simlish) but wanting everyone to be the same would ruin my game, and since the emotions of these Sims already make all these Sims the very same in action and deed and or feelings instead of the traits, I sure don't want more of the same, with men and women wearing the very same darn clothes,....when I want the stereotypes in my game because honestly that is the heart of The Sims, stereotyping life.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.