Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Easter Egg/Reference Thread

2...Next

Comments

• Maxie68Maxie68 Posts: 18 Member
    I find '12 Swatches of WooHoo' hilarious too. The description is hilarious xD
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Can't figure this old title, don't make sense to me along with the conversation. Oh well.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    what about the Solar Flare lounge? Sounds like its referring to the Maze Runner. And I think Blickblock is basically Tetris.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • H2SO4_ScH2SO4_Sc Posts: 2 New Member
    There's a reference to Labyrinth on one of the loading screens, when it say something along the lines of: "The power of voodoo. Who do? You do."
    My favourite, though, is that Fenestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (one of the windows) is a reference to my favourite band, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. They're a U.K synth pop band, who were big in the '80s, but they are not well known now, especially with people my age (16). As such, I was really surprised that the (presumably) American developers chose to make this reference. It made me happy. :)
  • NectNect Posts: 4 New Member
    In vintage glamour there is a plant called growing home, being a reference to the game grow home. In the description it says there is only one bud left. Bud is the main character of Grow Home
  • IamhattiexIamhattiex Posts: 1 New Member
    Also, on the back of the leather jackets from the base games there’s punk band logos that have been ‘simified’. There’s bands such as The Misfits, Ramones, Bad Brains, Descendents, and a couple more that I can’t remember! I thought that was pretty rad! Most of them have been changed by adding a freezer bunny to them, I think it’s super cool that they did that :)
  • frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    Here is 3 more:

baking vol 3 is by the swedish chef
    baking vol 2 is by Frank Oz who does the voice of swedish chef
    baking vol 1 is by Bill Barretta who is the puppeteer of the swedish chef
  • _Ryan_Ross_666_Ryan_Ross_666 Posts: 1 New Member
    If you buy the poster of the clown and your sim views it a clown called “tragic clown” will come over and try to cheer you up. It’s a reference to the older sims (it was sims 1 or 2 I forget)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If you buy the poster of the clown and your sim views it a clown called “tragic clown” will come over and try to cheer you up. It’s a reference to the older sims (it was sims 1 or 2 I forget)

I don't think it works for me atm...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)

Thanks for the insight! That said, this thread is super old, so I am going to close it at this point (It's from 2014 and was most recently posted in last year).
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top