Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• chrischris8894chrischris8894 Posts: 371 Member
    Thanks!
    21a63a76613ef59a6ab875e93d138b7c.gif
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Sorry I did not enter last month, but I was shocked no one else did as well. I also could not finish the three houses. Thank goodness we all get another chance!!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    #171 The Swan Song

Admin note: With the arrival of Sims 4, we've seen a serious decline in participation of the Sims 3 BNS. It takes a lot of time and effort on our part to maintain the challenges and forums. It's really disheartening to see that there are no entries to an offered challenge. And we wonder if there's simply not enough people who are steadily interested and able to enter these competitions, or if theres another reason. So, after much discussion, we've come to the conclusion that unless we receive at least 5 minimum entries for this challenge, we may have to say good bye to the Sims 3 BNS challenge. It breaks our hearts to think of having to do this. If you think there's a particular reason that participation has dropped, please let us know. We are ALWAYS open to suggestions, comments, and requests. We love you guys, no matter what happens.

Deadline: Saturday 31st of October, Midnight CMT.

First off, I just want to say thank you for all the hard work that Admin put into these challenges. I know that it can't be easy and the amount of effort that goes into these truly shows. So a massive thank you!

I would be very very sad to see these challenges go. I love to build and whenever I can't get my creative juices flowing, I always try to come and participate in a challenge or at least check it out and look at everyone else's builds. For me, I'm an extremely slow builder, so sometimes, if I'm busy with work or other builds, I don't have time to finish a challenge. Also, my computer can't handle the larger builds, so I tend to skip anything over 30x30.

I love the Sims 3 and I think these challenges go hand in hand with them; I'd really hate to see them go!
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Here's a question for our builders: What kind of builds do you prefer? What would you like to see? What do you skip and what do you always make it a point to enter?
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    ISHTARJMD wrote: »
    Here's a question for our builders: What kind of builds do you prefer? What would you like to see? What do you skip and what do you always make it a point to enter?

I love minis or anything under 20x20 - takes a lot of creativity for me to work with such a small space - love it!

I always skip the larger more traditional builds, just because my computer can't handle the larger ones.

I'd like to see some more remodels or even a foundation build (BnS lays out the foundation and us builders have to turn it into something).
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Thanks to all for the feedback on these challenges, we really would be incredibly sad to see the Sims 3 challenge disappear.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited October 2015
    aricarai wrote: »
    ISHTARJMD wrote: »

I love minis or anything under 20x20 - takes a lot of creativity for me to work with such a small space - love it!

I always skip the larger more traditional builds, just because my computer can't handle the larger ones.

I'd like to see some more remodels or even a foundation build (BnS lays out the foundation and us builders have to turn it into something).

I absolutely LOVE the foundation build idea--just a foundation and a budget and maybe a bed/bath count and let us all create! Remodels for me are iffy--I hate the game builds and would want to remodel the whole thing. But remodels would be a go.

I love room and space to live, so I like bigger builds. But small builds can be good, too. LOL My problem is usually the lack of funds to do what I want...

• moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    I have been lurking on the sims3 general discussion forum without logging in for some time now, nothing in particular interested me. But when I saw the latest challenge notes I felt the urge to say something about that.

I love building. I spend 90% of my time in game building with 10% of time testing my builds with various sim activities. And I really enjoy admiring other simmers' builds as well as sharing mine.

The reason I spend less time on the forum and exchanging building ideas/pictures is two-folded:
    1. The primary reason is that my computer can no longer keep up with my growing game contents. I kept adding store items and stuff packs because I wanted higher degree of freedom when building and decorating. As a result my game crashed constantly which frustrated the **** out of me. I've tried everything to clean up and maintain the game but it wasn't enough. I got so mad that I even bought a windows 8 copy so that I could use win8 on my mac. But the installation has been unsuccessful due to technical issues. I might try for the 8th time with a new burnable disc but that's probably a long shot. Anyway I was forced to change my playing pattern (I used to play and build at the same time), and even suspended a heavily invested world revamping project. Now I have dropped all store contents except for two or three premium items. Still I face the risk or losing all unsaved progress. I feel less creative or that it become much more difficult to come up with good/complex builds.

2. Not that many people are participating in the challenge. The more participants the more fun, I think... Less fun less participants... :'(

I guess that partially sums up the Achilles' heel of the sims3: it's so demanding that it drains all the energy out of people just to keep it running. I am not switching to the sims4 though. Maybe I'll try to work on smaller lots that my computer can handle like the other simmers said above. I do hope we can keep the challenge running and thank you guys for organising and participating in it.
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    I used to participate in these quite often in the early days and I really learned a lot from the judges critiques and also input from the other builders. I went on to doing Team Build Challenges and really had a lot of fun doing those, it was such an interesting way to build. I was saddened when interest waned in the Team Build Challenges and they were halted, I sure would hate to see the same thing happen here.

I haven't been able to participate in these challenges in the past year or so because I travel a lot for work and I don't have a laptop to take with me on the road - but my new laptop should be here on Wednesday and I would love to be able to still have these challenges available to give me something to do in those boring hotel rooms.

I am open to most any type build, and I love the no budget builds :p

I am open to most any type build, and I love the no budget builds :p

A Simmer after my own heart!! lol I am bad with budgets!

edited October 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #171**The Swan Song**

NAME: iampes23

LINK TO LOT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7pbuezcyt464eg6/BnS_171b.Sims3Pack

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/BnS 171b

Screenshot-101_zpsodyrxbwp.jpg

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 345 Riverblossom Hills Drive* in Riverview; $100,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: ( Not sure why this lot artifacts, but it did for both builds in two different Riverviews. ) [This build was inspired by a Japanese apartment building seen in the television show Heros: Reborn. ] This futuristic home features modern to futuristic furnishings and a practical and homey yard. The house includes a first floor powder room, laundry, school room, computer area, kitchen and family room with an open concept. The second floor includes a work space and a mater suite, including a meditation room. The third floor is given over to two kids rooms, a bathroom, and a large play area. Two balconies are set up for bird or star watching. The backyard has a grilling area and patio. Important now and in the future is a garden in every yard, and this yard has a large garden and apple trees. A large side yard is left empty for playing ball or running around with the dog.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: my own patterns, TSR
    *I deleted the original lot to put in the 40x40
    **My original build was $99,919. If you are interested in looking at or downloading, here are the links : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5f9wuu79ukxmxeb/BNS_171.Sims3Pack
    http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/BnS171a
    Screenshot-13_zpszxidn1ir.jpg
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • SymphonicechoSymphonicecho Posts: 11 New Member
    Oh holy mackerel, I've been looking for a sims 3 build challenge, but could only find sims 4 stuff, and it might end soon.

House built, will post everything once I figure out the make a story stuff tomorrow. Lost track of time and it's now 4:00am.

Hope there are enough people to keep this going. I, now I've found you, will certainly be submitting :smiley:
    edited October 2015

NAME: Symphonicecho

LINK TO LOT: assetId=8776001 (says I can't post links as I have to 'be around a little longer)

LINK TO MEDIA: symphplaysgames.wordpress.com/ (written like an estate agents 'House Details' brief)

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 1 Remington Point, $97,939

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Using Base, World Adventures, Supernatural, Ambitions, Night Life, High-End Loft Stuff and Store Items.

The Hive is a creative design based on the beauty of honeycomb and, although modern, provides a comfortable and relaxed family home encouraging the beauty of nature to inspire. 2 Master Bedrooms, 1 large Single Bedroom. 2 ensuites, 1 Wet Room and a Toilet. Family Room, Game Room, Kitchen/Diner, Music Room and 'Garden Rooms'.

The outside space provides 2 ponds, 2 allotment/growing areas, Art and Inventing areas.

For more information, please check out the 'LINK TO MEDIA' link.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Wholeheartedly yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: 1 of the bedspreads uses CC however I dled a long time ago and now can't find the pattern on The Exchange. If anyone knows who did the red cable knit pattern, please let me know so I can credit them.
    Post edited by Symphonicecho on
    I really like the sound of the foundation builds but am open to any types of build. 'Client' focussed/freeform, budget/no budget, br & ba limit/no limit.... I'm in it for the builds!
  • ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    @Symphonicecho, you can get around the inability to post links by removing the "http://" from your links when you fill out your entry form. The judges will just put it back in when we go to look at your media. Hope that helps! :smile:
    Thanks for the information ArikaB, I shall only use this information for good. Mwhahahahah*cough*hah
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member

NAME: Jessabeans

LINK TO LOT: Rustic Family Home

LINK TO MEDIA: Slideshow

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 9 Sunstone Court, Hidden Springs, (depreciated) §67,563

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Get ready for autumn in this rustic 3 bed, 2.5 bath family home. Sims that love the outdoors will enjoy the garden ready to be harvested, stocked lake with gazebo and children's playground. The lower level's open floorplan leaves plenty of room for family, and upstairs are 3 cozy bedrooms and with a loft. Master bedroom has en suite bath and romantic fireplace.

(In addition to the items listed on download page, lot uses Storied Tale Stairs, items from Midnight Hollow, Al Fresco Street Market and Harvest bounty sets.)

For more information, please check out the 'LINK TO MEDIA' link.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC or CAP used
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Challenge No. 171 The Swan Song

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8776369

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build and Share 171
    Password: SwanSong (Note: is case sensitive)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40 X 40; 2327 Waning Way, Moonlight Falls; Final Cost: 99,953

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: When I think of the most creative thing I can think of house-wise, it has to be treehouses. Why, probably because they inspire wonder and show people a different view of the world. One from the trees instead of the ground. That all being said I wanted to build a sort of treehouse for grown-ups while capturing the same principle it would be a more workable home. So I built it on stilts over a pond. I kind of wanted to build something that was a bit modern, but also cozy like a mountain ski lodge where people would love to curl up by the window and read a good book while enjoying the scenery. Alright I think that's about it. Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Completed my entry links to studio and slideshow included
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #171 The Swan Song

NAME:Glen1974

LINK TO LOT: www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8776088

LINK TO MEDIA: s1370.photobucket.com/user/gpmcnally1974/slideshow/Water%20View

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/a

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 15 Riviera Rd, Isla Paradiso, $99,996

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Water View is a 3 bed, 2.5 bathroom house with open plan living and kitchen areas situated at 15 Riviera Rd on the beautiful island of Isla Paradiso. Contemporary modern in design with high end minimalist furnishings. I have placed it on this cliff top position as it gives spectacular views across the ocean and the name is a play on 'What a view.'

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/a
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    I haven't played the sims in months and months, but I might enter this one again :) Is there any chance of the budget going up at all? Yanno, more moneys = more creativity ;)
    These are supposed to be a challenge dear. :)
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    Haha, no worries :) I was gonna enter the house that I've been building for my sims since its the right size. I'll just lop off the top story and some of the electronics xD
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Well, it looks like you got the 5 you needed to keep going. I rec'd them all.

I too participated in these a long time ago. I love challenges. However, the big lots that take a lot of time to create and cause such lag in game are something that I rarely do. I just don't play them, so why make them?

I quit doing challenges just for the sake of challenges and only participate if it's something I think I would like in my game. So, that means normal family homes or starters on small to medium-sized lots that have no more than three stories.

I like building with a budget and keeping things small, though it doesn't have to be micro or mini for me. Starter budgets and reasonable-priced housing work for me.

The container homes were an awesome idea, but... there were too many to do and they were all set themes.

I hope you continue the challenges, but we all do understand that everything eventually ends.
    So far guys, its looking like you saved Build N Share for Sims 3. We're going to take a look at your wants and desires for challenges and will try to work with them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top