Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    @SimLover48702 I commented on your blog. :)
    @mederouin I love how you use MOO!!! Inspiring.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2015
    And BnS #169 is now closed. Stay tuned for the next challenge...
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Here's the new Challenge guys!
    BNS #170 Reuse and Recycle 2

Reuse and Recycle 2

Jade came through your office door with the look of a woman who couldn't be more pleased with life. After the ritual small talk, and a cup of coffee, she jumps into her purpose for being there. "I am incredibly impressed with how you handled the shipping container house. Everything from the design, to the décor, to the selling price was above my expectations. I've also received a very long and very happy letter from the purchasers about their new house."

You smile happily, leaning back in your chair. This kind of thing makes the job worth doing.

Jade sips her coffee before continuing, "I want you to build 3 more houses with shipping containers."

You blink and sit up, "3? Just like the first? You have more buyers already?"

"No. These are 3 more prototypes. I want each one on a different lot, and each one with a different design style. They will also have a different price point. Like the first one, I'll want you to provide the schematics and files so that we can produce them to order later." Jade pulls a file folder out of her briefcase and hands it to you. "All the information is in there." She drinks her coffee, waiting for you to scan the information.

When you're done, you think for a few moments then look up, "This will be tricky to get done in 2 weeks. Can I have 3?"

"Sure." Jade stands, putting her cup on the tray. "You have my number if you have any questions. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with."

"Me too," you think, as Rose shows her out.

Requirements:

All lots are to have a layout showing positioning of the containers prior to decorating and landscaping.

Lot 1:

4 - 4x10 shipping containers

Lot Size: 30x20

Budget: 50k

Style: Cottage

Interior design: Cottage

Lot 2:

5 - 4x10 shipping containers

Lot size 40x40

Budget: 75k

Style: Chalet

Interior Design: Rustic

Lot 3:

6 -4x10 Shipping containers

Lot size: 50x50 or 60x60

Budget:100K

Style: Shed House

Interior Design: Glam

Optional: Make a sales brochure featuring all 4 lovely homes!
  • Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    Quick question, is the price of the shipping containers going to be excluded in this one like it was for the first Reuse and Recycle or will we have to work it into the budget?
    Okay Thanks.
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    mederouin wrote: »
    Quick question, is the price of the shipping containers going to be excluded in this one like it was for the first Reuse and Recycle or will we have to work it into the budget?
    Okay Thanks.

Yes, it follows the same rule from Part 1. Happy building!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    A shed house with 6 containers. That's a lot of space. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
  • Options
    EleneK wrote: »
    A shed house with 6 containers. That's a lot of space. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Shed style architecture can come in a variety of sizes; some can be quite large. See this link for a brief description and some photos to get an idea: http://www.dahp.wa.gov/styles/shed
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    OHHHH. It's those 70's early 80's houses that I always thought were so cool. Wasn't aware that style had a name. Ok.
    I was thinking of the tiny converted houses, I container would be a shed, 6 containers would be South East Texas Garage where you need the room for the truck, the car, the boat, the horse trailer, the RV, the ATV's, and the Golf cart.
  • Options
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #169 A PATCHWORK FAMILY:
    Your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS OF CHALLENGE #169 A PATCHWORK FAMILY
    Your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @WrathofCath Don't know if you are on Twitter or not, but @TheSims featured you there with your first BnS entry!

Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @Lebanna, Cool! Thank you for letting me know :blush: I don't use Twitter. I can barely keep up with the forums :p
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    haha yeah I figured as much @WrathofCath :) I recognized the build, so when I found it in the gallery I knew where from ;)
    But if your downloads spike, you know why! haha
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    #171 The Swan Song

You sigh softly, looking at your schedule for the next month. With a twist in your gut, you stare at the blank slots for each day. There was once a time when you had a new appointment, a new challenge every 2 weeks. Your time slots would be filled in with meetings about plans and permits and supplies and crew hours. Now though, you're considering yourself lucky with one appointment per month. Some of your own crew has moved on to new cities like Willow Creek, where work is plentiful. Perhaps you should do the same, you think, tapping your fingers on the desk. The work just isn't there anymore...

You swivel to look out your office window, noting the sad look in your reflection. For several minutes you stare out the window, wrestling with the fact that you don't really want to go. But facts are facts. A business has to run, and the business isn't running. Perhaps though, there is a way to drum up business.

There was a lovely lot you had just sitting there with nothing on it. Purchased a while ago, you had intended on building a house for the sole purpose of displaying your creativity and skills. No time like the present. For several minutes you jot down notes. Satisfied with your ideas for the moment, you cast a quick prayer that this will bring back work. If it doesn't, then there will be no choice but to accept the inevitable. Then you reach for the phone to call in a favor owed you by a friend at the bank.

Requirements:

3 bed, 2.5 bath
    Budget $100k
    40x40 lot, fully landscaped
    Show off your skill and creativity. Go wild!

Admin note: With the arrival of Sims 4, we've seen a serious decline in participation of the Sims 3 BNS. It takes a lot of time and effort on our part to maintain the challenges and forums. It's really disheartening to see that there are no entries to an offered challenge. And we wonder if there's simply not enough people who are steadily interested and able to enter these competitions, or if theres another reason. So, after much discussion, we've come to the conclusion that unless we receive at least 5 minimum entries for this challenge, we may have to say good bye to the Sims 3 BNS challenge. It breaks our hearts to think of having to do this. If you think there's a particular reason that participation has dropped, please let us know. We are ALWAYS open to suggestions, comments, and requests. We love you guys, no matter what happens.

Deadline: Saturday 31st of October, Midnight CMT.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    I'm so sad that it has come to this. I don't have Sims 4 so the Sims 3 is all I play. And I love doing these challenges, but I do understand that interest has waned. The last challenge was just too big for me, maybe if they were to continue in the future (Fingers crossed) that they could be smaller projects. I'm not sure if that would make any difference really, with most people transitioning over to Sims 4, but it's really the only thing I can think of. Now I'm off to work on my build.

I sincerely Hope some others are too...
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member

Admin note: With the arrival of Sims 4, we've seen a serious decline in participation of the Sims 3 BNS. It takes a lot of time and effort on our part to maintain the challenges and forums. It's really disheartening to see that there are no entries to an offered challenge. And we wonder if there's simply not enough people who are steadily interested and able to enter these competitions, or if theres another reason. So, after much discussion, we've come to the conclusion that unless we receive at least 5 minimum entries for this challenge, we may have to say good bye to the Sims 3 BNS challenge. It breaks our hearts to think of having to do this. If you think there's a particular reason that participation has dropped, please let us know. We are ALWAYS open to suggestions, comments, and requests. We love you guys, no matter what happens.

Deadline: Saturday 31st of October, Midnight CMT.

I'm truly sad to see this go, I have enjoyed checking on the thread to see what people come up with for the challenges. I have rarely been able to participate myself. I build slowly, usually 15+ hours on a single build. I only have a few hours a day or every few days to dedicate to the sims. After having a few builds miss the deadline, and the few I did manage to get in on time look rushed. A while back I stopped trying. It was still nice to look in. I will have to try to make time to participate since this is the last challenge, maybe I can find some time one of the weekends before the 31st.

I don't enjoy building in Sims 4 one bit, but if this switches over to Sims 4 I'd still like to look in.

I'm sorry I haven't said this earlier but I've thought it for ages, thank you for all the time you've put in. I have really enjoyed reading the challenges and seeing the creativity they inspire.
  • Options
    cayce217cayce217 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2015
    I just found out about these challenges! I would hate to see them end here, I haven't had a chance to participate yet and I don't have sims 4. Thanks for all the fun and creativity!!
  • Options
    Smaller challenges are a possibility. Feedback on challenges is very important.

We're hoping that this one will be reasonable enough and offer enough creative freedom to lure people back. Please, share this challenge with your friends, tweet it, whatever you can do. All we need are 5 entries total for us to continue. We don't want to end this any more than you do.
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #171 - Swan Song

NAME: FLSTRider

LINK TO LOT: The Cottonwood in my studio

LINK TO MEDIA: Slideshow

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: none

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 99,800

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Three bedroom 2 bath with office space. You will see a set of stairs going into a basement that will be used to expand the lot for a world I am working on. I am not good with working with a budget and really need some help with that and lot photography as well.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Base Game only, No CC or Store used
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Post edited by flstrider on
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Welcome FLST. On the front page after the challenge description, you'll find the entry form. Just fill that out, post it here and you'll be set to go.
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    just updated the other post is that what I needed?
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    I've been busy on my build all day! I've been away from Sims too long, Sims 4 killed it for me. I hate building in it and I loathe the look of everything. It will always be Sims 3 for me so I hope this challenge continues. Will upload at the weekend. Keep up the good work guys!
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    flstrider wrote: »
    just updated the other post is that what I needed?

Yep, that's what you need! Just complete your build and edit that post with your info and media links before the deadline. If you need info on media and how to take screenshots, check out the 2nd post in this thread. It will tell you what we're looking for. Most people use Photobucket or Flickr or something similar to showcase their builds. Check out previous challenge entries if you want to see actual examples of media. And don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them! Happy building!
  • Options
    chrischris8894chrischris8894 Posts: 371 Member
    Is custom content allowed in this challenge?
    21a63a76613ef59a6ab875e93d138b7c.gif
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    Is custom content allowed in this challenge?

Yes, you just have to give credit for the items you used. There is a spot on the entry form for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top