Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    Maybe they fixed the problem in the last patch or maybe the aging is a glitch...who knows? I also repaired my game prior to starting this new game...
  • Options
    SztormciaSimSztormciaSim Posts: 8 New Member
    I also noticed that there is something weird about aging while pregnant. It's not stopped completely, but slowed for sure.

My first matriarch is during her 14th pregnancy and she is about to become full adult, so only half way done. I play on normal life duration. That way if I'm lucky I'll finish this challenge with only 2 generations :)

Stats of my challenge: 13 births, 21 children, 8 sets of twins (I started playing during twins bug and came back lately)
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited September 2015
    Well, my current matriarch did age while she was pregnant, I checked.
    I mean, really, I get not aging if she's pregnant on her birthday, but never aging while pregnant, regardless of how much time she had?

Actually she doesn't age up at all when she is pregnant. Not a single day. Which means that if it says 14 days till age up, 3 days later before giving birth it will still say 14 days. And if you get her pregnant again before the age up counter it will keep saying 14 days. AFAIK this is just how the game works, and this is how people got 25-35 kids in 1 generation. I would say : Take advantage of it.
  • Options
    RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Tip
    Thanks! Both matriarchs have been painters and wrote a few books. I sell all the paintings and that helps keep money flowing. I had a glitch all through the first matriarch and some of the second while I lived in the original house. I never got any bills at the original house so I just banked it. Gardening also yields lots of money when the plants are in excellent condition. I saved and saved, made them paint their butts off. Also I have the trash can that gives money every time you use it. You can also sell the bassinet for $150 after every baby since child services provides the mother with a bassinet each time she has a baby, unless there's already a bassinet in the home. Since I started out with so little I wanted to make sure each generation has a better house. The big house is a lot to manage though. She's had so many babies and not enough time to level up some of her skills. I'm thinking the 3rd matriarch (whenever that happens) will move to a big house in Newcrest.

EDIT: Just uploaded my challenge spreadsheet to Google Docs. It's best viewed in Google Sheet.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    edited September 2015
    And I am back for the people who remembered, I kinda got bored because I had so many guys, so I didn't play much. I've had 53 babies, lost one due to going out of the house with mom(bad teens!), so 52 counted.

Edit;
    second matriach her kids:
    Harry
    Marco
    James
    Tobias & Thomas
    Eric & Dedrick
    Dylan
    Joas & Boas
    Chris & Olaf
    Jason & Yasmin
    Justin & Jackson (Totally don't know any boys names at this point anymore >.<
    And finally Naomi
    Only Justin, Jackson(Teens) and Naomi (baby) are in the household at the moment, with their mother Selina whose just became an adult
    Post edited by Fennadev on
  • Options
    iro20iro20 Posts: 24 Member
    I am back here to talk about how addictive it is!!!! 20 children, 2 of them became elders already??!! :o , pregnant and only 4 days before she becomes elder. She saved her twins for boys pfff lol.
    > @Fennadev said:
    > And I am back for the people who remembered, I kinda got bored because I had so many guys, so I didn't play much. I've had 53 babies, lost one due to going out of the house with mom(bad teens!), so 52 counted.
    >
    > Edit;
    > second matriach her kids:
    > Harry
    > Marco
    > James
    > Tobias & Thomas
    > Eric & Dedrick
    > Dylan
    > Joas & Boas
    > Chris & Olaf
    > Jason & Yasmin
    > Justin & Jackson (Totally don't know any boys names at this point anymore >.<
    > And finally Naomi
    > Only Justin, Jackson(Teens) and Naomi (baby) are in the household at the moment, with their mother Selina whose just became an adult

52 omg!!! I could never go that high.
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    It's quite easy once you get to move the kids out fast. I had 35 in my first gen and most of them are dead now. Since the mothers don't age during pregnancy they won't become old fast. Mine has 19 days till elder now and is pregnant.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    > @Fennadev said:
    > It's quite easy once you get to move the kids out fast. I had 35 in my first gen and most of them are dead now. Since the mothers don't age during pregnancy they won't become old fast. Mine has 19 days till elder now and is pregnant.

Ahh still my current Matriarch is only 1 day until elder and pregnant. I managed to sqeeuze in some pregnancies but my household is 7 sims already and it's weekend. 🐸🐸🐸🐸! :disappointed:
    I don't mind doing a lot of generations actually. I hope I don't get bored!
    So far I find it very interesting as completing it!

It might went through unoticed but is it considere cheating if I have mood decay on?
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    Sometimes they age during pregnancy, sometimes they don't. I've had both happen to me. Sometimes, even the same sim! I'm not talking about being pregnant on their birthday and not aging, but when the mother has just aged up and has the full life stage ahead of her and gets pregnant, she won't age. Usually this happens after I've been playing a save awhile.
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    The bassinet thing reminded me. My mamma was at the park adjoining her house when she went into labor. I got a notice that the bassinet had been delivered. She stayed at the park, and I got another notice that a bassinet had been delivered. She stayed, and I got third notice. Now I was scared that I had triplets or something, so I sent her home. Three bassinets. Then she had the baby, just one. So I sold the other two bassinets.

For those of you who have had so many babies, do they populate the town? What happens to them when you send them away?
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Oh wow, congrats on finishing the challenge, @Pebblycat! I should make you a little badge of honour you can put up on your wall, haha!
    I haven't checked this thread in a long time and was so excited to see that you made a ribbon :D
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    > @AdelaideMann said:
    > The bassinet thing reminded me. My mamma was at the park adjoining her house when she went into labor. I got a notice that the bassinet had been delivered. She stayed at the park, and I got another notice that a bassinet had been delivered. She stayed, and I got third notice. Now I was scared that I had triplets or something, so I sent her home. Three bassinets. Then she had the baby, just one. So I sold the other two bassinets.
    >
    > For those of you who have had so many babies, do they populate the town? What happens to them when you send them away?

I have moved them on another lot and they do populate town! I see them all around and they do get jobs. Mostly after their fathers! 2 of my eldest ones have been elder already, that does leaves me speachless

EDIT: OMG I had managed to sqeeze almost 4 children while my Matriarch is on day 1 until elder!!! hahaha now that is amazing. Maybe not for others but for me it's so fun!!!
    I am contemplating with the idea of keeping her to produce money until she dies but she will always keep a spot.
    Hmmm what do you think does it worth?
    Post edited by iro20 on
  • Options
    I AM ECSTATIC!!! I got another pregnancy with 0 days to age!!! hehehe. I am pretty hooked with this challendge. It is possible to have as many kids as you can but it does become hectic!! I jump from each person and do the circuit again!! lmao! "Last pregnancy", or as I thought it would be, was twin boys so I guess with the real last one which is the present since I got the notification to make my Matriarch a party, won't result in a multiple one. It will be fun if it will!!!!!
    Sooooo fun :D :D :D :#
  • Options
    Do you have to keep two spaces in your household to get twins?

I'm on my fourth pregnancy. A cow plant swallowed my momma and I thought I had lost the challenge!
  • Options
    kitkat_37kitkat_37 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited September 2015
    @AdelaideMann I believe so. If you have 7 people in your household and your matriarch is pregnant, if no-one is a teen that can be aged up into a young adult, then that means it's highly likely it will be another single birth.
  • Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    So far I have 5 kids. I'm determined to complete the challenge this time, even if I can only play 1 day a week. I'm 5 kids in right now. :) I'm still having a hard time with money as I'm trying to furnish the house but hopefully once the house has all the upgrades I want and all the things I need then we can start saving a bunch. :)
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Eminik wrote: »
    So far I have 5 kids. I'm determined to complete the challenge this time, even if I can only play 1 day a week. I'm 5 kids in right now. :) I'm still having a hard time with money as I'm trying to furnish the house but hopefully once the house has all the upgrades I want and all the things I need then we can start saving a bunch. :)

Keep painting / writing books! And if you want you can start a garden. Also, as soon as you have the money, sell all your bins (including the one outside) and have only the recycle type bin (don't know the exact name). After that, everything you throw in that bin (including dirty plates, I don't allow my sims to wash ANYTHING) will get your money!
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah

That's what I've been doing. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've attempted this challenge. I once made it to the second generation and almost 30 babies in when I had to start all over due to computer issues. So hopefully this time I'll make it! So far I'm earning a decent amount in royalties and doing a painting every now and then. I don't think I could do a garden, my sims can never keep up with it. :P

If you didn't see my original post on the last page I'm attempting this challenge living in the two bedroom house in Willow Creek that's there when you start your game. I added a second floor that is just for the kids. It has beds, toys, and a bathroom. I might add a basement if I need more room. I turned the second bedroom into a skill room. It has a treadmill, computer, bookshelf, and easel. I made a wall in the master bedroom for the babies so the babies have a room of their own. And I'm upgrading everything as I go. :)
  • Options
    I have a garden, and I have the teens garden too. It stinks that children can't help garden. Also, I try to work on the youngest girl raising her skills a lot, so if she takes over she starts strong. Of course, I only have two girls, three kids total, and one in the oven.
  • Options
    @AdelaidMann I don't really have a garden, but I have 2 little pots on my second floor balcony with flowers in it so I can work on that skill. Mom has a lot of skills xD. Hoping that will bring in some extra cash even though they are just flowers.

I hate that children are very limited in the skills they can have. I mostly work on creativity in children because it's easier and the teens work on everything and anything. I had one do cooking, one do fitness, and one do video games so far. The cooking one was really helpful, it filled the fridge, but it's so slow. I'm waiting until I can get my eldest twins aged up and moved out then hopefully when mom gets pregnant again we can try for multiples. :)
  • Options
    I do think that painting is the most money gaining way. I haven't furnished my place with anything besides filling needs equipment and skill gaining. Don't let your teens cook their own birthday cake. That adolecence fail costed me 3000 simoleons dang! lol
    Would it be bad if I continued with my second Matriarch still following the painting way of getting money?
  • Options
    Oooookay major GLITCH/WEIRDNESS!!!!!
    My elder Matriarch is pregnant....Let's clear up I don't had ANY mods on and no cheat enabled!

The steps that resulted on this weird situation was these:
    She was close to age up so I grabed the chance and tried for baby. Woohoo finished and I clicked the take pregnancy test option on the toilet.
    Now the moment she gets up from bed BOOM she ages, YET the option of pregnancy test didn't cancel. That moment I think ok it will become negative or cancel itself. Next I got the eating for two notification and her belly is buldged like a normal pregancy!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO????! Does my challendge gets canceled? Do I leave it progress or not? Do I count that child? Do I have to start over???! That would kill me!! She had 30 babies with the last set of twin girls!! Oh boy!!! :o :'(
  • Options
    AmbieCuddlesAmbieCuddles Posts: 28 New Member
    @iro20 I say count that one, you where lucky that she was able to get one more pregnant in :D, and you can do anything to make money if you want to keep the painting way go for it there no wrong way in making money. I had all 4 of my matriarch pick up painting and I also had them try something different that the last matriarch did not do.

I started my 2rd round of 100 babies challenge :D. This round I'm doing the Alien matriarch and she started out with no money, no home, and had her work her way up in life to get her own home, she now has a small home with a kitchen, living room, master bedroom, bathroom, and kids room, she on her 8th pregnancy and had 16 days before she an elder. Cant wait to see how this round will work out
  • Options
    how do u get that many kids in on home
  • Options
    [quote="dreamchatchersimsplay4;14115037"]how do u get that many kids in on home
    [/quote]
    You don't have all them at the same time. You grow them up and move them when they become adult.

[quote="AmbieCuddles;14114850"]@iro20 I say count that one, you where lucky that she was able to get one more pregnant in :D, and you can do anything to make money if you want to keep the painting way go for it there no wrong way in making money. I had all 4 of my matriarch pick up painting and I also had them try something different that the last matriarch did not do.

I started my 2rd round of 100 babies challenge :D. This round I'm doing the Alien matriarch and she started out with no money, no home, and had her work her way up in life to get her own home, she now has a small home with a kitchen, living room, master bedroom, bathroom, and kids room, she on her 8th pregnancy and had 16 days before she an elder. Cant wait to see how this round will work out [/quote]

I think I will since practically I didn't cheat and it's obvious a glitch I think. I still would love to see if it had happened to anyone else.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top