Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

School Stories...

PlayittPlayitt Posts: 246 Member
Hello everyone! My name is Playitt and as many children and teenagers in the UK have had there first week at school. So I thought that I would do a thread about school stories, funny moment ect. On Thursady I had my first lesson of physics... ugh. We went in and were told where to sit and got our stationary out. We have the head of science, who is very strict, I could predict that this was going to be a long three years! We had to write down the contract (Do's and Don'ts). Our teacher noticed that many people didn't have the correct stationary... including me - I forgot my ruler. Our teacher was like 'HOLD UP YOUR RULERS!' and in my mind I said some pretty naughty words - that I shall not repeat... :wink: He came waddling over and said ' WHERE IS YOUR RULER?!' and I replied 'I've forgotton it...' then he shouted, at the top of his voice 'DETENTION!'. In my mind I was thinking great... my first detention, wonder what my parents will say. But, luck was on my side, he forgot! YAY! So that was the highlight of my school week. If you want to tell me a story about something that has happened to you at school that would be fantastic!

Bye for now,
Playitt

BTW at school I am really good and don't get into trouble... (Just thought that I would say)
Life is better when you have friends...

Comments

• br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Playitt wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Playitt and as many children and teenagers in the UK have had there first week at school. So I thought that I would do a thread about school stories, funny moment ect. On Thursady I had my first lesson of physics... ugh. We went in and were told where to sit and got our stationary out. We have the head of science, who is very strict, I could predict that this was going to be a long three years! We had to write down the contract (Do's and Don'ts). Our teacher noticed that many people didn't have the correct stationary... including me - I forgot my ruler. Our teacher was like 'HOLD UP YOUR RULERS!' and in my mind I said some pretty naughty words - that I shall not repeat... :wink: He came waddling over and said ' WHERE IS YOUR RULER?!' and I replied 'I've forgotton it...' then he shouted, at the top of his voice 'DETENTION!'. In my mind I was thinking great... my first detention, wonder what my parents will say. But, luck was on my side, he forgot! YAY! So that was the highlight of my school week. If you want to tell me a story about something that has happened to you at school that would be fantastic!

Bye for now,
    Playitt

BTW at school I am really good and don't get into trouble... (Just thought that I would say)

Funny because I'm a teacher and I gave my students detention for not having a ruler and I forgo- Hey!

Detention!
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
    edited September 2015
    But on topic, I lost my bag and the head teacher helped me find it. :D:)
    Br560.
  • PlayittPlayitt Posts: 246 Member
    br560 wrote: »

What a nice head teacher you must have! :)

Yeah, she's really nice :)

I feel sorry for you though.
    Br560.

Yeah, she's really nice :)

I feel sorry for you though.

Don't feel sorry for me because you only have to do high school once! :smiley:

• SkylerGSkylerG Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2015
    your lucky your teachers forget mine never did just when u thought they forgot the next day at registration its shouted out by your tutor, and every Friday a senior staff detention 1 hour and 45 minutes after school with the head teacher writing what you did and what u should do the future to prevent a repeat of detention, I do not miss the days lol

half the time I never did anything, just wrong place wrong time(my cousins caused these same teachers 🐸🐸🐸🐸 so I think they got their own back)
    SkylerG wrote: »
    your lucky your teachers forget mine never did just when u thought they forgot the next day at registration its shouted out by your tutor, and every Friday a senior staff detention 1 hour and 45 minutes after school with the head teacher writing what you did and what u should do the future to prevent a repeat of detention, I do not miss the days lol

half the time I never did anything, just wrong place wrong time(my cousins caused these same teachers 🐸🐸🐸🐸 so I think they got their own back)

Poor you!

yeah but anyway do you think your gonna have a good year?
    yeah but anyway do you think your gonna have a good year?

Hopefully... I'm in the top set - with my friends. I've started my GCSE course and I'm doing the subjects I like... so yeah! What about you?

i think so , i just finished a extended diploma, but now im starting college again cause I changed my mind on what I studied lol.
    sounds good have u decided on what u want to do after your GCSEs?
    i think so , i just finished a extended diploma, but now im starting college again cause I changed my mind on what I studied lol.
    sounds good have u decided on what u want to do after your GCSEs?

Maybe go to sixth fourm? That's what my friends are doing... Maybe do Science and English.

u could do that or a apprenticeship? wage and experience cause most employers are looking for experience

Don't just do what your friends are doing do what u want because I have friends that got As in their GCSEs and they are now working in pizza hut and McDonalds lol cause they realised they didn't like the courses they picked just because they wanted to be together.
    u could do that or a apprenticeship? wage and experience cause most employers are looking for experience

Don't just do what your friends are doing do what u want because I have friends that got As in their GCSEs and they are now working in pizza hut and McDonalds lol cause they realised they didn't like the courses they picked just because they wanted to be together.

I am currently looking for a part-time job to put on my CV. But I would rather go to Sixth fourm because then I know the teachers teaching style ect.

I get that, but with a apprenticeship you learn on the job and are just given a test on what u should be learning hands on all u have to do is write it down and your not rushing to a deadline too and if u struggle with anything they give u one to one time to teach it you, being honest Sixth fourm don't care if you dont understand or are stuck all they care about is you getting the assignments in on time.
    I get that, but with a apprenticeship you learn on the job and are just given a test on what u should be learning hands on all u have to do is write it down and your not rushing to a deadline too and if u struggle with anything they give u one to one time to teach it you, being honest Sixth fourm don't care if you dont understand or are stuck all they care about is you getting the assignments in on time.

Thank you, you have been so helpful :smiley: Just a quick question: What subjects did you do for your GCSEs? I'm doing: English language, english litriture, german, history, geography, maths, triple science, R.E.

edited September 2015
    I studied English, math, science, geography, health and social care(its a double unit), French and art. that's it I think or I might of dropped a subject a few weeks into term but I cant remember what it was.

GSCE geography is pretty easy just make flash cards to study with (write questions on one side the answer on the other)
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    @Playitt Cool! On my first day we had physics I also forgot my ruler :D
    I'm starting my three year GCSE course too, an I want to carry on in sixth form and get A levels.
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
    ZapGirl wrote: »
    @Playitt Cool! On my first day we had physics I also forgot my ruler :D
    I'm starting my three year GCSE course too, an I want to carry on in sixth form and get A levels.

Yay!

I studied English, math, science, geography, health and social care(its a double unit), French and art. that's it I think or I might of dropped a subject a few weeks into term but I cant remember what it was.

GSCE geography is pretty easy just make flash cards to study with (write questions on one side the answer on the other)

Thanks!

• KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    One of my favourite teachers was Mr King. He was strict if you misbehaved, but if you didn't he was awesome. He also used to be a pro wrestler
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    One thing : I hate teachers.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    xBob18 wrote: »
    One thing : I hate teachers.

:smile:

One of my favourite teachers was Mr King. He was strict if you misbehaved, but if you didn't he was awesome. He also used to be a pro wrestler

Great!

• Bubbles_19Bubbles_19 Posts: 476 Member
    Funny enough I was a bit of a trouble maker before I did my GCSE's and A-levels. I disliked all of my other teachers except my music teachers (because they were so awesome). Which is weird now that I'm studying to be a teacher myself :D
    mario%20gif_zpstweslqlh.gif

Simming since '09.
    Bubbles_19 wrote: »
    Funny enough I was a bit of a trouble maker before I did my GCSE's and A-levels. I disliked all of my other teachers except my music teachers (because they were so awesome). Which is weird now that I'm studying to be a teacher myself :D

:smiley: