Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like

Im cheating on my current sims on the TS4. I just started playing TS3 again and boy did i miss toddlers and puppies!

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've been playing strictly TS3 for months now.. When I did hop back to TS4 recently I ended up clearing out all of my saves. Not sure why.. Just felt like it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Beng11Beng11 Posts: 160 Member
    I'm taking a bit of a break from The Sims 4 until Get Together is released... then I will buy Get To Work and a few game packs. Been living of the base game ever since. I've been playing The Sims 2 & 3 in the meanwhile and there are many aspects I miss from both. Hopefully, they fulfill my simming needs until I purchase Get To Work! :)
    Developing a program that downloads safe roms & emulators for you for the first-time users of emulating games. Yay or nay?
    Kiss+awwwww+x_26c5c6_4860267.gif
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited August 2015
    I had the opposite experience recently. I tried firing up an old Sims 3 save and it took so long to load up that I just didn't feel like messing with it any more.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    PURPLESIMPURPLESIM Posts: 28 Member
    I want to play my TS3 but once I started playing TS4, I just can not deal with TS3's lagging, freezing and crashing. My computer just can not handle TS3 like it does TS4. Maybe someday I can afford a gaming computer then I can enjoy TS3 again.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I'm wanting to get back into 3 soon
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited August 2015
    Trick wrote: »
    I had the opposite experience recently. I tried firing up an old Sims 3 save and it took so long to load up that I just didn't feel like messing with it any more.

Yeah, that's logic for kindergarten kids. I have 11 gb custom content (many many many mods, I became a mod junkie a couple of months ago) and all EPs + SPs (alright, I don't own supernatural, never will be) and my game loads in exactly 2 minutes and 44 seconds (I can provide a video if you'd like to, in fact I own a high end machine and I have never been playing on a toaster like many guys here on this forum). You can load and surf in the internet, chat, watch TV, what ever. In The Sims 4 your netto waiting time is much (!) higher, you wait in the middle of a gaming session, it totally breaks immersion etc.

I am sorry, but this is not the 90's anymore. Not having an open world in 2015 for a sandbox game is lika building a car without an engine. But having to encounter a loading screen just to visit a neighbor is... I don't have even words for this.

Edit: My loading screens in The Sims 4 are 44~ seconds on average btw. And my save files are all pretty fresh because I don't play this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game for too long. Can't stand it.

Edit: I want to add: When The Sims 4 came out I was taking a break from The Sims 3. I tried to go back 3 times, could never do it --> burn out. The fourth time it was no problem. Now I am abroad with my laptop ( which can only play the base game) and I am playing 4-8 hours every day, this game is just magical with it's open world and overall concept. Even today it's so much ahead of it's time while The Sims 4 is just..... outdated, It would be even in the 90's.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yeah Sims 3 feels smoother than Sims 4. At least you feel like your in a neighbor. It feels like the town is a town. I know it weird but I just want it to feel like I am engaged and go do what I want.

I still build on Sims 4. I not playing the game.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Unfortunately to really enjoy The Sims 3 you need to have a gaming rig. since most of the people here don't have a good PC it's understandable that they prefer a browser game (The Sims 4) over a pc game (The Sims 3)
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    PURPLESIM wrote: »
    I want to play my TS3 but once I started playing TS4, I just can not deal with TS3's lagging, freezing and crashing. My computer just can not handle TS3 like it does TS4. Maybe someday I can afford a gaming computer then I can enjoy TS3 again.
    It's a sad fact, that The sims 3 was drawing all the teeth out of our computers, until we finally had got enough. for me it's never back to that troublesome game. I enjoy The Sims 4 so much partly because it's much better running.

• Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    Same here, I recently started playing TS2 again and, although I've only got the base game, I still really enjoy it. I definitely prefer CAS in TS4 because it's the best we've ever had, in my opinion, but I still love the feeling of nostalgia I get from TS2, plus the toddlers and the family trees and all the mystery with Bella and the Calientes and so on. :smile:
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    CMxCatCMxCat Posts: 22 Member
    I could never get into Sims 4, but the same thing happened with Sims 3 (I wouldnt leave Sims 2 until like, years after). I genuinley think that Sims 4 has gone backwards in the way that I love using the colour wheel in CAS and we dont have those options anymore! The only good feature is the dragging feature in CAS. Also, toddlers are like my favourite part of Sims, so thats a big no no for me!
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I forgot what it was like to play TS3, its so slow and the graphics arent nearly as good as TS4! i just enjoy the kids pets and weather.. seeing thunder storms over summer was pretty sweet! However, the load time though :s:|
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member

Yeah, that's logic for kindergarten kids. I have 11 gb custom content (many many many mods, I became a mod junkie a couple of months ago) and all EPs + SPs (alright, I don't own supernatural, never will be) and my game loads in exactly 2 minutes and 44 seconds (I can provide a video if you'd like to, in fact I own a high end machine and I have never been playing on a toaster like many guys here on this forum). You can load and surf in the internet, chat, watch TV, what ever. In The Sims 4 your netto waiting time is much (!) higher, you wait in the middle of a gaming session, it totally breaks immersion etc.

I am sorry, but this is not the 90's anymore. Not having an open world in 2015 for a sandbox game is lika building a car without an engine. But having to encounter a loading screen just to visit a neighbor is... I don't have even words for this.

Edit: My loading screens in The Sims 4 are 44~ seconds on average btw. And my save files are all pretty fresh because I don't play this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game for too long. Can't stand it.

Edit: I want to add: When The Sims 4 came out I was taking a break from The Sims 3. I tried to go back 3 times, could never do it --> burn out. The fourth time it was no problem. Now I am abroad with my laptop ( which can only play the base game) and I am playing 4-8 hours every day, this game is just magical with it's open world and overall concept. Even today it's so much ahead of it's time while The Sims 4 is just..... outdated, It would be even in the 90's.

Agree!
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member

You got 11gbs? I thought I was bad with 5.91gb haha I love my sims 3. I open sims 4 make a sim then I close it out. I just can't fathom the game play :( it sucks cause I do want to like it.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited August 2015
    Big fat quote conundrum! Oops!
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    You got 11gbs? I thought I was bad with 5.91gb haha I love my sims 3. I open sims 4 make a sim then I close it out. I just can't fathom the game play :( it sucks cause I do want to like it.

This is exactly what happens to me. And I really want to get into TS4 the way I was into TS2 & TS3.

<----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I don't have a gaming computer, just a Dell desktop, and before that I had a cyberpower pc. The pervious played SIms 3 from 2009 until the hard drive went up on me in 2013, never had a single lag problem, except after installing University. It was slow to a crawl when it snowed. I added 2 more gigs of memory rounding it out to to 4, and my game ran smoothly. Only lag issue I ever had was with Isla Paradiso, like many others due to the routing issues from EA. This pc I have now has 8 gig of memory or is it 12? I can't remember. lol And it runs Sims 3 wonderfully. It also runs GTA 5, with no lag unless the server I'm playing on is full.

I'm like others, I fire up Sims 4, play for maybe 5 minutes then I close it out. It's 2015, there is no excuse not to have an open world and having to suffer through load screens.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Yeah. Not having toddlers was really hard for me. There's too much of a jump from baby to child, that I can't stand it. I haven't played TS4 since the month it was released. I've been switching between TS2 and TS3.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I just cant get over how much it lags. If it wasnt so slow on my computer I'd play it more than TS3