Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I keep saying I'll start this with my own twist on things but then RL eats me and I never do. I'm still determined. I'd like to try with one female but also have her grow young again through potions. However, here is where it will be different. She'll be married and she'll have children with that male until he dies of old age. Or he'll turn elder and have an unfortunate 'accident'. Then she'll get married again for the next batch until she reaches 100. If she can't afford a potion and ages up to elder, then I'll use one of her daughters in the house to carry on.

Anyway, that is my wish at least. Now I just have to begin. :)
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    I keep saying I'll start this with my own twist on things but then RL eats me and I never do. I'm still determined. I'd like to try with one female but also have her grow young again through potions. However, here is where it will be different. She'll be married and she'll have children with that male until he dies of old age. Or he'll turn elder and have an unfortunate 'accident'. Then she'll get married again for the next batch until she reaches 100. If she can't afford a potion and ages up to elder, then I'll use one of her daughters in the house to carry on.

I like that "twist". It doesn't make her come off all that bad then lol

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited August 2015
    SNEEZYBIBI wrote: »
    If anyone wants to watch my 100 baby challenge, you can let me know and I'll send you the link. =)

I would like a link!

That sounds very cool! Very very cool! Maybe it would be an idea to collect original twists like these in the OP! Either way, I think I might have a go at your version in the future too! Are you going to record it and post it on youtube? If so, can you send me a link?

As to the 'accident' that sounds very familiar. Somehow my current donors (they aren't much more, are they : D) seem to 'disappear' after the act.... Saves a lot of frustration over phonestalking and it helps making sure that I don't use the same donor for my matriarch twice, hehehe!

BTW, just wondering, why would you have elder mates have an accident, can't dads have kids anymore when they turn into elders? IRL that's not an issue, but I don't know how that is in the Sims.
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    Chapter 13 is up for Dallas Cartwright's mission - Second Nature. Baby number 8 is here!
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
    SNEEZYBIBI wrote: »
    If anyone wants to watch my 100 baby challenge, you can let me know and I'll send you the link. =)

I would like a link!

That sounds very cool! Very very cool! Maybe it would be an idea to collect original twists like these in the OP! Either way, I think I might have a go at your version in the future too! Are you going to record it and post it on youtube? If so, can you send me a link?

As to the 'accident' that sounds very familiar. Somehow my current donors (they aren't much more, are they : D) seem to 'disappear' after the act.... Saves a lot of frustration over phonestalking and it helps making sure that I don't use the same donor for my matriarch twice, hehehe!

BTW, just wondering, why would you have elder mates have an accident, can't dads have kids anymore when they turn into elders? IRL that's not an issue, but I don't know how that is in the Sims.

Good point about the elders still be able to reproduce. Thanks for reminding me of that. If I get 'bored' with them, they'll have an accident. If not, they get to live a nice life. xD And it would thrill me to no end if someone else were to use my twist on this challenge. Go for it. As for YouTube, I have never done one before. I wouldn't even know how. Sorry to disappoint. Have fun! :smiley:

• MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited August 2015

I really like that idea, I may do that myself. I haven't played my challenge in so long, I got kind of tired of having seduce men over and over again.

As for disposing of elderly husbands...I've killed 2 baby daddies so far via woohoo >:) Edit: Oops, make that 3 now...decided to play for the heck of it and the first poor elder she picked out...yep! But she's pregnant! :p

Post edited by MocaJava on
    Good point about the elders still be able to reproduce. Thanks for reminding me of that. If I get 'bored' with them, they'll have an accident. If not, they get to live a nice life. xD And it would thrill me to no end if someone else were to use my twist on this challenge. Go for it. As for YouTube, I have never done one before. I wouldn't even know how. Sorry to disappoint. Have fun! :smiley:

If I'm having a go at it I will do so AFTER finishing the original. Keep an eye on my blog (link in my signature). Should you decide to make your own topic about this 100 baby spin-off (with credits to this topic) please let me know, and I can put that link in my topic's OP on the planned list.
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I really like that idea, I may do that myself. I haven't played my challenge in so long, I got kind of tired of having seduce men over and over again.

As for disposing of elderly husbands...I've killed 2 baby daddies so far via woohoo >:) Edit: Oops, make that 3 now...decided to play for the heck of it and the first poor elder she picked out...yep! But she's pregnant! :p

Just HOW do you kill by whoohooing? I have a house nextdoor which always has anywhere between 1 and 8 bachelors, and thus far I just go into 'edit family' mode and delete the used 'donor'. So I can always ask any of my neighbours for a favor, lolll!
    Just HOW do you kill by whoohooing? I have a house nextdoor which always has anywhere between 1 and 8 bachelors, and thus far I just go into 'edit family' mode and delete the used 'donor'. So I can always ask any of my neighbours for a favor, lolll!

It's only worked on Elders for me. Two woohoos right in a row does the trick.

My baby mommas seem incapable of having multiples, which is making this challenge really drag. Even the fertility trait doesn't help and it seems like I'm running out of available men too fast. I may start over and do @Rawla 's version.
    edited August 2015
    @Mocajava - Go for it! I'd love it if you did. As for elders dying of woohoo, I've had that happen too. It was a total shock as I wasn't expecting it but it was sort of hilariously-sad at the same time. Sad that your mommas don't have multiples. Perhaps it is very rare.

@Alhollandiyah - If I do a story/blog/etc. I'll put a link here or in my siggy maybe. But I usually don't tell a story. It is more of an informational/organizational place meant just for me to keep track of everything. Sort of boring for others I think.
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    My baby mommas seem incapable of having multiples, which is making this challenge really drag. Even the fertility trait doesn't help and it seems like I'm running out of available men too fast. I may start over and do @Rawla 's version.

This may go against the style of the challenge but I use a mod that gives me an equal chance of having singles/twins/triplets (33% on each). While some may call it cheating, I can tell you that I have just as many singles as I do the multiples. The first time that I did the challenge, my matriarch had 26 children, all singles, and I got frustrated very quickly which is why I didn't finish that one. So if this is considered cheating then so be it but I don't see how spending aspiration points for the fertility trait when it doesn't even really work half the time is worth it..sorry.

• WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    kensgirl73 wrote: »

This may go against the style of the challenge but I use a mod that gives me an equal chance of having singles/twins/triplets (33% on each). While some may call it cheating, I can tell you that I have just as many singles as I do the multiples. The first time that I did the challenge, my matriarch had 26 children, all singles, and I got frustrated very quickly which is why I didn't finish that one. So if this is considered cheating then so be it but I don't see how spending aspiration points for the fertility trait when it doesn't even really work half the time is worth it..sorry.

That sounds interesting. I've had one set of twins so far, every time my matriarch is pregnant I keep my fingers crossed that it's with multiples but alas, no. The Sim gods hate me. haha.
    Just had the fertility massage so am hoping it's worked with this next pregnancy! We'll see I guess :)
    untitled-1.png

@Rawla I started your version of the challenge and I have to say, I'm enjoying it more already. It's nice having a constant companion, even if it means one less space for babies. They just had their first birth - twin girls! Finally got multiples :)
    @Rawla I started your version of the challenge and I have to say, I'm enjoying it more already. It's nice having a constant companion, even if it means one less space for babies. They just had their first birth - twin girls! Finally got multiples :)

Awesome! Congrats on the twins! As for her having a constant companion, I have to agree. It does make it so much better. Thanks for letting me know! :smiley:

edited August 2015
    @Rawla could you create a new topic with a description of your spinoff and a link to this topic? Then everybody wishing to play your version can comment there, and we can keep this topic for the original challenge! I can't wait to do your challenge either, as I think it's much more fun! But I can't decide to stop and do it now, because I am keeping a blog about it.... At this moment my first matriarch has 17 singletons and 10 (5 sets of) twins, and she is pregnant with kid 28.

Btw: Tip for everyone playing the original challenge. Get the friendly trait and the romantic trait in the rewards shop. Then if you do a friendly introduction to someone they have a big start on the green friendship bar right away, then you can 'Beguile' them at the romantic interactions and they turn flirty right away. It saves SO much time on getting down to business!
    I apologize, I meant no disrespect to the creator of this challenge. I realize it was really rude of me to post how much better I liked @Rawla's idea and I am very sorry for any offense taken.
    I never thought to write up a new thread for the twist I was going to play with. This 100 Baby Challenge in whatever way it is played seems to be very popular. Because of your suggestion though, I went ahead and wrote a thread for it and linked back to here. Thanks for the suggestion. Happy Simming! Looks like you've made lots of progress. xD Congrats! Keep it up. :smiley:

@Mocajava - I'm sure you are fine. It is the love of the challenge in all its forms that gets us all excited. :smiley:
  • RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    Whoa, I've missed a lot lately. I haven't had the time like I used to play and since I started videoing my game play for the 100 baby challenge I don't want to play unless I have the quiet time to video. I did hop on last night though because I have a rags to riches that I started just for fun and my sim died while laughing!!! I was so shocked. I have never gotten a game over message from the sims. Totally crazy. Maybe I'll do some more 100 baby stuff after the hubs goes to work. I kind of miss it.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • lialia54lialia54 Posts: 127 Member
    My sim so far has three children, first she had a girl, then she had twins but one glitched and disappeared, then she had a boy.
  • DinahMoosDinahMoos Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2015
    Hey these are probably very stupid questions, but I'm kind of stuck.

1. My starting sim (the mom) has had 7 children and I just got the notification about not getting more sims in the house hold. I was wondering if there is really no way of having more kids until they are old enough to move out/ have been aged up?

2. My starting sim has the aspiration Big happy family. She has to have one of her children get married. If her teen daughter gets married (as soon as she is a young adult) will the partner automatically move in, or are the kids of the starting sim not even allowed to get married?

Post edited by DinahMoos on
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member

I like your twist with her having one man for all her kids until he dies.

I keep my matriarch young by feeding people to the cow-plants and drinking their life essence. It's also how she makes money - by moving in men and killing them off. So it's a bit of the black widow (only she doesn't marry them) LOL. And she's been debating having a companion around just to take care of the house work (ok really I do that HAHAHAA) and to be her personal masseuse. Hahahahaa.

Adding twists is what keeps it fun. I can't ever play challenges 100% by the rules. LOL
  • SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    > @Southernbelle1283 said:
    > Chapter 13 is up for Dallas Cartwright's mission - Second Nature. Baby number 8 is here!

I LOVE reading along with your story!
    It had inspired me to write my own, but it died when my computer died and my family was lost. :(
    Maybe I'll start up again one of these days...
  • Katari15Katari15 Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2015
    I just started doing this challenge a couple days ago and my founding Sim already has 10 children of her own. My mom and I have come up with a new word for her! she's a slitch, a sl*t (because she's had so many kids with so many men) and a b*tch (because she dumps the guys right after she gets pregnant) LOL
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    I cannot wait to get back to this challenge on Saturday! I'm missing my desktop (and having wifi access) so much!
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    @Rawla I like the sound of your twist, I'll bookmark your thread now and possibly have a go at it in future :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top