Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Baby (TWIST) Challenge!

RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
The TS4 rules for the 100 baby challenge are very popular. I was commenting in the "The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge" about a twist I intend to use for my own game play. My idea for a twist on that forum thread was surprisingly popular and so I was encouraged to share it in a new thread. Please read the original rules (linked above) to get the idea of the challenge. This thread is for those already familiar with it to choose a new way of playing. Hope you like!

sandbox.png

1. Create a female/male YA. Vampires are not allowed since they do not need age potions to stay forever young.
2. Yes you may use Story Mode to create your Founding Sim(s).
3. Instead of having her seduce a male, have her fall in love and get married. Yes, married.
4. Stay with that man for as long as he may live. (Yes, accidents can sometimes happen.)
5. Have as many children with that husband as you wish.
6. He will grow old and eventually die. (If he doesn't have an accident first. mwahaha) Your baby-momma will not.
7. Use age potions for her from her rewards points to stay young. (You may use the rewards points from another Sim in the household to purchase these youth potions for her too.)
8. Once her 1st husband is gone, her heart will yearn to find love again. A new husband will be found, married and help her to continue on in her quest for 100 babies.
10. The main character may also be a male that falls in love and marries a girl to be his wife.
11. If the baby-mother can't buy another age potion in time to stay young (and not turn into an elder) then you may choose one of the daughters still living in the home at this time to continue in her mother's place.
12. Your main character's first husband can either be found in-game or they may be made at the same time that she is. All future husbands are to be found/married in-game, whether they are downloaded from the gallery or game generated.
13. If you choose to create a spouse along with your main challenge Sim, your household will be starting off with a little more money than those that choose to find their Sim's first spouse in game. What should you do about that? That, my friends, is entirely up to you. Yes, money cheats to increase or decrease the funds of the household IS allowed. You may use them at your own discretion.
14. Nannies! Butlers! Maids! Oh my! Yes, you may use them if you wish. And since there are now nannies/butlers carrying for your little ones, both mom and dad can work at a career/job/restaurant if they wish. You do not need to get both a job if you do not want to. This is optional.
15. With the ability to influence the baby's gender, the rule on that in this sandbox mode is... go for it if you want to.
16. Can you use mods/lot traits/rewards to cause your Sim to have multiples? Yes! But try not to abuse the privilege.
17. You may age up your babies/toddlers/children/teens as you wish in this sandbox version at any time you choose to do so, with or without prior game notification.

And there you have it. The 100 Baby TWIST Challenge SANDBOX EDITION. Comments appreciated. Questions welcome.

Happy Twisting!
~Rawla
Post edited by Rawla on

Comments

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited June 2021
    For those of you that like a harder, more strict challenge, I present the following...

hardcore.png

1. Create a female/male YA. Vampires are not allowed since they do not need age potions to stay forever young.
    2. No you may NOT use Story Mode to create your starting sim(s).
    3. Instead of having her seduce a male, have her fall in love and get married. Yes, married.
    4. Stay with that man for as long as he may live. If he accidentally dies you may not bring him back to life or plead for him. Once he is gone, he's gone. You may NOT cause this accident on purpose so choose your Sim's mate very carefully.
    5. Have as many children with that one husband as you can. See the goals below.
    (Easy goal: 3 babies)
    (Medium goal: 6 babies)
    (Hard goal: 10 babies)
    (Epic goal: 15 babies, Is this even possible?)
    6. Full autonomy on for all Sims in household.
    7. EPIC RULE: (optional) You may only control your main Sim. All others in the household are not to be controlled. You may access their inventory and give them wardrobe/hair make-overs after they have aged.
    8. Recommended gaming speed: Normal
    9. ONLY use the youth potions on your main challenge Sim. You may not use the potions on her husband.
    10. Buy youth potions for your main Sim from their own rewards points to stay young. You may NOT use rewards points from any other Sim but the main Sim to purchase these potions.
    11. Once her 1st husband (or wife) has died, her heart will yearn to find love again. A new husband will be found, married and help her to continue on in her quest for 100 babies.
    12. If your main challenge Sim is a male and he is abducted by aliens and should get pregnant...The child WILL count towards the 100 baby total but they can NOT become heir if/when your Sim passes the challenge torch on. (see rule 13)
    13. If you have a mod that allows abducted females to get pregnant from alien abduction, the same rule (rule 11) applies.
    14. If the main Sim can't buy another age potion in time to stay young (and not turn into an elder) then you may choose one of the sons or daughters still living in the home at this time to continue in their mother's (or father's) place. You may not move back in a son or daughter that has already moved out.
    15. Your main character's first husband has to be found in-game. They may not be created at the same time your Challenge Sim is. All husbands (or wives) are to be found & married in-game, whether they are downloaded from the gallery or game generated. You may NOT have a child out of wedlock. Any child conceived out of wedlock (marriage) will NOT count towards your 100 baby total.
    16. Money cheats are still allowed & you may keep the money that comes with a spouse that marries into the home when they come.
    17. EPIC RULE: (optional) No one in the household is allowed to have a job, career or home business. All earnings for the household must come from painting, writing, collecting, gardening, painting, digging in the trash, etc.
    18. Only the torch holder (current main baby-maker) may be employed and ONLY if a butler or nanny is hired to help care for the children.
    19. Can you influence the gender of the babies? Yes
    20. Can you use mods to increase the chance of multiples? No.
    21. Can you use the fertility reward object? Oh goodness, YES! This is hardcore, not epic. lol
    22. EPIC RULE: (optional) You may NOT use the fertility reward object for anyone. mwahaha
    23. You must wait for the game itself to age up your baby naturally. You must wait for your child and teen to get A's in school before aging them up.
    24. With the addition of toddlers, you must get their skills to level 3 before aging up prematurely.
    25. EPIC RULE: (optional) You must get toddler skills to max level before you can age them up before the game does.

And there you have it. The 100 Baby TWIST Challenge HARDCORE EDITION. Comments appreciated. Questions welcome.

Happy Simming!
    ~Rawla
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Sounds very interesting ;) I think I will try it out :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Ok, so, here's my baby mama Isabella.
    tZmMkfT.png

And her husband, Landen (I created him instead of meeting him ingame, sorry I'll do it the right way with her next husband).
    6HsNelZ.png

They have 5 kids so far, two sets of twins! 4 girls and a boy and she's pregnant right now with number 6
  • Tomboy_EllaTomboy_Ella Posts: 2 New Member
    Sounds interesting!
    Quite similar to a challenge I came up with,
    After I've finished my 100 baby challenge with a twist, I'll be sure to try yours. It sounds fun!
    edited August 2015
    @YJP19299 - Great! I hope you have fun!

@MocaJava - I really like the idea of the first husband being created at the same time as your baby momma, so no worries. Beautiful couple you made! ETA: You inspired me to add rule/note #10. :smile:

@Tomboy_Ella - I'm glad you think its interesting. It's wonderful that there are so many fun ways to play this challenge. Have fun and... Happy Simming!
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    I added it in my topic (see signature) in the to do list with a link! Can't wait to play this! Just for reference, you know that if you create a couple you start with 2000 extra cash, any rules on the extra money a spouse brings in (wether by CAS or by finding and marrying)? What about having jobs? Maybe you can make it a little more clear which rules of the original challenge still go and which you can disregard?
    @AlHollandiya - You ask some very good questions. I'm excited that you have this on your to-do list. I'll see about following your good suggestion and making the rules more clear. Thanks! :smiley:
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    I have started working on this twist of the Baby Challenge. You can find my progress at Simply Susan.

Thanks!

- Susan
  • BobbiBlue23BobbiBlue23 Posts: 119 Member
    Sounds great, I would love to do this but I would be afraid of getting too attached to the male sim. I don't know if I would have the heart to kill him. :)
    Visit the Ambrose Legacy blog here: https://theambroselegacyblog.wordpress.com/
    Sounds great, I would love to do this but I would be afraid of getting too attached to the male sim. I don't know if I would have the heart to kill him. :)

That is where you have the option. You may play the male Sim for as long as you like. You just can't give him any youth potions. If he dies of old age, that is perfectly acceptable. However, if your Sim marries a male that you realize that you just can't stand or he is forever threatening the house with fire (lol) or whatever, then you have the option to have them have a wee little accident and remarry.

edited August 2015
    kensgirl73 wrote: »
    I have started working on this twist of the Baby Challenge. You can find my progress at Simply Susan.

Thanks!

- Susan

Wonderful! I'll go check it out. Happy Simming!

Edit:

Ariel is so pretty! I left a comment for you on your blog. :smiley:

edited August 2015
    A new HARDCORE EDITION for these Twist rules can be found in the second post at the top of page 1. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please let me know. Some of the hardcore rules are similar to the original 100 baby challenge which can be found HERE.

If there is interest in an EPIC EDITION, let me know. :smiley: For now, you can find a few EPIC rules that are optional in the Hardcore edition. Have fun! Happy Simming!
    Rawla wrote: »
    For those of you that like a harder, more strict challenge, I present the following...

hardcore.png

1. Create a female YA. (Or YA male if you are choosing to play as Patriarch)
    2. Instead of having her seduce a male, have her fall in love and get married. Yes, married.
    3. Stay with that man for as long as he may live. If he accidentally dies you may not bring him back to life or plead for him. Once he is gone, he's gone. You may NOT cause this accident on purpose so choose your Sim's mate very carefully.
    4. Have as many children with that one husband as you can. See the goals below.
    (Easy goal: 3 babies)
    (Medium goal: 6 babies)
    (Hard goal: 10 babies)
    (Epic goal: 15 babies, Is this even possible?)
    5. Full autonomy on for all Sims in household.
    6. EPIC RULE: (optional) You may only control your main Sim. All others in the household are not to be controlled. You may access their inventory and give them wardrobe/hair make-overs after they have aged.
    7. Recommended gaming speed: Normal
    8. ONLY use the youth potions on your main challenge Sim. You may not cause the potions on her husband.
    9. Buy youth potions for your main Sim from their own rewards points to stay young. You may NOT use rewards points from any other Sim but the main Sim to purchase these potions.
    10. Once her 1st husband (or wife) has died, her heart will yearn to find love again. A new husband will be found, married and help her to continue on in her quest for 100 babies.
    11. If your main challenge Sim is a male and he is abducted by aliens and should get pregnant...The child WILL count towards the 100 baby total but they can NOT become heir if/when your Sim passes the challenge torch on. (see rule 13)
    12. If you have a mod that allows abducted females to get pregnant from alien abduction, the same rule (rule 11) applies.
    13. If the main Sim can't buy another age potion in time to stay young (and not turn into an elder) then you may choose one of the sons or daughters still living in the home at this time to continue in their mother's (or father's) place. You may not move back in a son or daughter that has already moved out.
    14. Your main character's first husband has to be found in-game. They may not be created at the same time your Challenge Sim is. All husbands (or wives) are to be found & married in-game, whether they are downloaded from the gallery or game generated. You may NOT have a child out of wedlock. Any child conceived out of wedlock (marriage) will NOT count towards your 100 baby total.
    15. Money cheats are still allowed & you may keep the money that comes with a spouse that marries into the home when they come.
    16. No one in the household is allowed to have a job, career or home business. All earnings for the household must come from painting, writing, collecting, digging in the trash, etc.
    17. But...what about those that own Get To Work? (see rule 16)
    18. Can you influence the gender of the babies? Yes
    19. Can you use mods to increase the chance of multiples? No.
    20. Can you use the fertility reward object? Oh goodness, YES! This is hardcore, not epic. lol
    21. EPIC RULE: (optional) You may NOT use the fertility reward object for anyone. mwahaha

And there you have it. The 100 Baby TWIST Challenge HARDCORE EDITION. Comments appreciated. Questions welcome.

Happy Simming!
    ~Rawla

I might have to give this one a go. I've actually created a story world for the original twist version so maybe I will be adventurous and do both LOL
    @kensgirl73 - I'm glad you like it. I've started my own game and will be playing the Sandbox version. Or maybe a little of both. :) Have fun!
    My Story for the Sandbox Version:

Mission:
    To repopulate a world that has been decimated during a flu epidemic that left millions dead.

You are one of about a thousand women who have been stationed around the world with the distinct purpose of having as many children as possible. You will be given everything that you need and plenty of simoleons to make yourself comfortable. You will also be paired with a spouse that has been chosen especially for you based on your needs, wants, and desires. He will be the only one that you will procreate with until such time as he is unable to provide you with more children. If, and when he dies, another mate will be provided to you but it is up to you to make sure that you two are compatible. I realize that this will be difficult, especially if you have strong feelings for him but even though you will be able to take a potion to prolong your life, he will not be able to.

You should try for a baby immediately. Babies will be born at home as there is no hospital at this time. Hospitals will come in a future generation. We do however have schools so when any child that you have is old enough, he or she must attend school and they must make A's as these children are the future of the world. When the children are old enough to live on their own, they will be relocated to other places of the world and the girls will be placed just as you have been placed. When you reach a time that you are not able to have any more children, the youngest girl that you give birth to will take your place so it will be up to you to prepare her. We are hoping that this won't be necessary but if you are not able to have at least 100 children on your own, this will need to be done. If you are able to have 100 children, you will be allowed to rest your final days and the youngest will then take over as well. We must remember that we are securing the future of our species.

This is important and you must make yourself ready for the long task ahead of you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

(The goal is to go past 100 - I know that this will make it EXTREMELY long but it won't be the only thing that I'm playing so it should not be too bad)
    You're story opening is awesome! Please share how you are doing as you go. Pictures welcome. xD
    Rawla wrote: »
    You're story opening is awesome! Please share how you are doing as you go. Pictures welcome. xD

Thanks! Will do...
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Isabella has had 9 kids so far, 4 girls and 5 boys. Three sets of twins! The RNG is being way kinder to me than it was on the original challenge.
    So many multiples! That's great @Mocajava! :smiley:
    @Mocajava - I'm very curious how you're challenge is coming along. :)
  • EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    Do we still follow the rules of aging? A baby can age up when you get the notification and children and teens when they get A's? Or is it all natural aging process?
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Oh my goodness, I just saw this! I finished the 100 baby challenge earlier this year and I'm compelled to try your hardcore and epic mode but I'm not sure I have the strength and will power to complete it. I think I'll keep an eye on this thread for a while and muster up the courage :)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    edited October 2015
    Eminik wrote: »
    Do we still follow the rules of aging? A baby can age up when you get the notification and children and teens when they get A's? Or is it all natural aging process?

I was gone from the forums for a month. Sorry for the late reply. You may age up the babies/children/teens when you wish or when notifications are given. Hardcore mode will require them to get A's before doing so. I'll go add these to the rules now. Thanks for asking.

Pebblycat wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, I just saw this! I finished the 100 baby challenge earlier this year and I'm compelled to try your hardcore and epic mode but I'm not sure I have the strength and will power to complete it. I think I'll keep an eye on this thread for a while and muster up the courage :)

Congrats on completing your challenge! If you do try this, have fun! :smile:

A NOTE TO ALL: I'm tempted to twist this challenge even more by requiring only 50, 75 or 100 depending on the level of gameplay you choose. What does everyone think of that idea?

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    If you need 'only' 50 kids, wouldn't that take away the hardcore part of the challenge? However it has merit, the biggest problem of the 100 baby challenge is it getting a bit boring after a while. I havent played much of it the last weeks either.
    If you need 'only' 50 kids, wouldn't that take away the hardcore part of the challenge? However it has merit, the biggest problem of the 100 baby challenge is it getting a bit boring after a while. I havent played much of it the last weeks either.

The hardcore version of the challenge would still have the 100 baby requirement. Those that wish a more 'relaxed' requirement in the Sandbox version could potentially have a lesser goal to meet. That was my thinking at least. Haven't decided yet.