Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

Comments

• BloodRedSisterBloodRedSister Posts: 186 Member
    HowGreatThouArt Oh, many, many pictures. I would love to share. Thank you for your comment
  • MyPuppyMissyMyPuppyMissy Posts: 13 New Member
    My queen almost died in a fire
    Hey MyPuppyMissy What ? How ? Did you leave your Creator playing with the fire pit ? Oh No
    @BloodRedSister when i was not looking she cooked grilled cheese and made a mistake
    The Amazon Challenge Weeks II - III summary

Hey guys big thank you to Julyvee for helping me to develop my tribal story. And RoseinBlack for the inspiration. Brunnhilde having met with Tribe Arayeo has learned many things. Such as where she may purchase a skilled slave for the building at her own encampment. And after much haggling with the slave master there, brought a second slave back to work on the temple. Some of the walls have now been added and also the columns. So it is really starting to take shape.

The gardens around that My Creator's first slave has worked so well, produce many harvestable plants for trading and this is the main source of income for the tribe. Brunnhilde, I decided, would not take a job. And now of course, she is pregment. Waiting to see if the Goddess Freyja will Bless her with a daughter.

The hardest decision I had to make so far, was who to bring into the encampment at the beginning of the third week. 1. A Gatherer ? Well certainly the tribe would need someone to tend the gardens... 2. A Scholar would offer the chance of a second income... 3. Yes 3 was a flash of inspiration. The Shaman. She who communes with the spirits. And also the opportunity to add a completely different culture to the tribe.

Introducing Danielle. She is Native American of the Cheyenne people and not only can she talk with the spirits in the smoke dreams but she is a shapeshifter, also, and can transform into the Great Bear. Well I just like something different.

Update for the Temple is available on the Gallery, if anyone likes to look. Origin ID BloodRedSister
  • Nemo91UtdNemo91Utd Posts: 102 Member
    edited August 2015
    So, I've finally took some time to post my Amazon story. If you'd like to have a peek, here's the link :)

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848009/amazon-story-tribe-pungarehu?new=1

Still no pictures, as the text for the beginning parts of my tale was written on an older laptop, and the game itself is on my new one... Will fix. ;)

Ed. Posting images like a pro ;):o
    Post edited by Nemo91Utd on
    @Nemo91Utd I really enjoy your story
    Also my amazon tribe is not working so I'm making a new family and making a story. Some day with pictures too
    Im starting later tonight or tomorrow
    Ok my rules are a bit different. I started with my creator 1 slave and the creators sister.
    edited August 2015
    part 1
    Lets now begin. The creator is Hannah Amazon. Her sister is Makenna Amazon and our slave is Easton Hood. Makenna loves painting so before there mother passed away she Makenna can be Hannah's scholar. Makenna has a little office outside the small living place. 2 rooms a bedroom/kitchen and a bathroom. We have a small garden for extra money. Hannah is in the business career. Hannah told our slave to make a small living area with a bed garden for his food a shower and a toilet. Thats part 1.
  • thefairosethefairose Posts: 67 Member
    I am going to do this challenge with my gen 10 heir in a post apocalyptic setting,
  • Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member
    I'm so looking forward to start this challenge.

Anyone got any handy tips and hints?
  • BirdyBirdy Posts: 91 Member
    This is a cool challenge you got here. I just started a legacy challenge but I am really feeling this challenge, so I might have to do this one instead. In fact I think I will to this one instead!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

If you can get to Sixam (build a rocket, complete the wormhole generator), harvest the plants there and use them in your garden. They are worth thousands of dollars and you can gain money in no time. My women do not have to go to work any more because of my Creator's extensive garden with Sixam plants. Use the slaves to help tend the gardens and cook. That relieves the women of having to do most of the work. I also use slaves to help with children.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member

I recommend getting a scholar for the first womanly addition to your tribe :) paintings bring in loads of money and it's worth a lot when you start off.
    edited August 2015
    I've seen that in some of the stories out there there are speech bubbles in the pictures, but I've never seen that in my own screenshots, even if they're there when I take the screenshot. Would be happy if anyone has a possible solution to that, as it would make some of the pics for my story more living... (I'm still playing the story, I just haven't felt like rewriting my next part - which fell victim to the "waiting for approval"-bug. Lost a couple of hours work because I didn't think of making a backup save on my laptop. Somewhat frustrated at that...)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited August 2015
    When you pause in game with a speech bubble over their heads, if you use lightshot or use print screen on a mac, you will be able to take the shot of the screen with the speech bubble. If you press tab, it will go away. I never use the in game screenshot because it's very poor quality on how you can get a good shot. There's not much freedom with it. Using tab will give you camera angles, but it will take out the speech bubbles. I personally don't like the speech bubbles unless I think it's a really good one. I used to use them a lot, but have gotten away from it. I think if you were telling a funnier story, it might fit.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    In the Greek myths the Amazons worship Ares the god of war despite the fact that he is male, amazons aren't like Artemis they think that men should know there place...that being said would it be fine if they worshipped Ares?
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    SNDGIRL wrote: »
    In the Greek myths the Amazons worship Ares the god of war despite the fact that he is male, amazons aren't like Artemis they think that men should know there place...that being said would it be fine if they worshipped Ares?

Maybe but you could worship Athena as she was the goddess of war.
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I attempted this challenge a while back, but I wasn't quite happy with it so I started again. I am enjoying it a lot more, and love hearing the ideas on this forum. I hold grand high meetings on Wednesdays, as well as adding a new member to the tribe when it is time. My Creator Aello Racz, has one scholar, a heiress still a child. A tribal son and a working slave. I don't have any breeding slaves as the tribal son will be bred with when he reaches the age. I love this challenge! Thank you! ^^
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
    Thanks for the answer @pammiechick! I kind of thought it was something like that. When I first started out I didn't want the bubbles, and was quite happy they went away "by them selves", but since there has been a few times I've thought "that shot would tell a whole lot more if the speech bubbles were visible"... I'll probably just continue without speech, as it doesn't happen too often that I miss them... Plan to rewrite the lost post tonight, but can't promise anything.
  • Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member
    @pammiechick @Julyvee94
    Thank you!
    Interesting about the Sixam plants, I didn't know they could bring in so much money. :)
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    i just discovred this challange and its seriously one of the best out there! i gave it a go myself and if you want to check it out, go to my profile and click my disscusions. im not member yet, so i cant post pictures or links.
    Phew! Finally updated my Amazon story. But why does it have to be so impossible to update with images, without first having to save only text and then edit in the pics?! :s

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top