This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Toddlers planned as DLC!! A NEW SURVEY IS OUT!!

Comments

• Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    edited August 2015
    YES! All these are such good ideas! I could do without the reality star one and the superhero one, but I LOVE all the other ideas! <3<3<3

Also about people not getting the surveys, I only got asked to do like one survey recently for the Sims 4. So I feel like it might be randomly sent out? I'm not sure though.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    Oh, no, this is not possible. This game was the worst in the sims series, right ? Where are the haters now :wink:

This game has way more issues than missing toddlers. And I'm NOT a hater. I wish people would get over using that word. I love the Sims and have loved them since the very beginning. There are things about Sims 4 that I really like and liked LONG before other people got on board - like the way the Sims look, including the "plastic" hair. Believing that this version is a step back as opposed to a step forward doesn't mean I hate it, it means I'm disappointed and I want EA to improve the game. It means I CARE about the game.

• Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited August 2015
    I should have used this gif sooner on this thread.

yes%20yes_zpsfhyg56ef.gif

Also I'm in a giffy mood at the moment here is a bonus one!

Excited%20Minions_zpsclm9abty.gif

and here is dancing groot just because.

Groot%20Dancing_zpsjko7xeky.gif

Okay I'm done now.
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Why a survey EA/Maxis already know what a numbers of players wanted from the earlier start of the Sims 4 in 2013 and that was Toddlers to be added to the Sims 4.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    For everyone who has put off buying content because of the lack of toddlers/family play PLEASE don't start buying at simply a suggestion that they might return. That's just silly and i have a feeling this survey was designed to make us do that. I'm very much convinced this survey wasn't so innocent. I think they had an agenda. Don't let that pay off for them. Buy content when we have confirmation and not before, otherwise all our resistance to buy content will have been for nothing.

Agreed. It's no coincidence that this particular survey was "leaked" at this time.
  • Options
    tyleytyley Posts: 83 Member
    > @CrackFox said:
    > For everyone who has put off buying content because of the lack of toddlers/family play PLEASE don't start buying at simply a suggestion that they might return. That's just silly and i have a feeling this survey was designed to make us do that. I'm very much convinced this survey wasn't so innocent. I think they had an agenda. Don't let that pay off for them. Buy content when we have confirmation and not before, otherwise all our resistance to buy content will have been for nothing.

I was thinking this same thing when I saw the survey. Yes, toddlers are now a possibility, and I am now more excited to play, but until they officially announce the patch or EP, I will not be buying more content! I don't get how they don't see that not having family play is a dealbreaker for so many players.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'm not planning to buy any eps,sps,or game pack until toddlers/family play are added to the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    I'm confused. Toddlers are planned for an expansion pack?
    As in.. we have to buy them? Or am I reading it wrong? :(
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    I'm confused. Toddlers are planned for an expansion pack?
    As in.. we have to buy them? Or am I reading it wrong? :(

This is just a survey of potential packs. It doesn't mean they are planned, and it doesn't mean that certain aspects will or will not be patched if such a pack was to be created.
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    Karma wrote: »
    CrackFox wrote: »
    For everyone who has put off buying content because of the lack of toddlers/family play PLEASE don't start buying at simply a suggestion that they might return. That's just silly and i have a feeling this survey was designed to make us do that. I'm very much convinced this survey wasn't so innocent. I think they had an agenda. Don't let that pay off for them. Buy content when we have confirmation and not before, otherwise all our resistance to buy content will have been for nothing.

^This, I agree with!

My god it's just a survey! I can hear the sound of every cheerleader climaxing right now.

EDIT: Typo as usual.

This made me laugh SO hard! Partly because it's true, but also the though of all the cheerleaders on the floor climaxing over a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 survey is hilarious (even though I do believe this survey does mean something, it is the direction they want to take with the game).
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    I'm getting really tired of misleading titles like this.
    Honestly. Last time I click on a post by this OP -- it's always misleading.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    altkt075altkt075 Posts: 97 Member
    Of course my top pick is the toddlers and preteens. In love with that. Next would be vacation as I need me some snow in my game. And I want toddlers jumping in puddles. Loove it. So in the vacation I hope they add the seasons back in. And metropolitan one sounds awesome. City life. Yessss. I do love everything that is on that list so I hope it all comes out. But I put things in the order I really hope they come out in. :)
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Mati22 wrote: »
    TBH I think they send out this survey with purpose. They noticed the backlash after announcing upcoming 'EP' (or rather GP disguised as an EP), so that people will get hopeful and will stop complaining. It will improve sale figures of Get Together, as people will be more likely to invest in this game as it seems to everyone that they will one day include all the missing features. Do you know what I mean? :)

I think it's definitely a response to the backlash. It's rather telling that right after people got so upset about this, they released a survey specifically mentioning toddlers. Plus, it gives people something to get excited over and talk positively about again. Seems like an effort at damage control.

I mean, do they really need to give people a survey to figure out that a huge portion of the fanbase wants toddlers back?

Well heres the thing..it's no coincidence the survey was released not even a week after Get Together..they can't announce a third EP right now with the 2nd in production..so yes I do believe that this is damage control but also an indirect way of letting us know what's in the works for life stages without making an official announcement..but as far as voting for 3 ep's it gives them an idea of what to go with next in line..If it's one thing EA wants we all know that's money..A generations EP with toddlers and preteens would be epic in terms of sales for them..9.5 times out 10 it will be here by next year..the outcry is too overwhelming..they don't want a repeat of Gamescom.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    TBH I think they send out this survey with purpose. They noticed the backlash after announcing upcoming 'EP' (or rather GP disguised as an EP), so that people will get hopeful and will stop complaining. It will improve sale figures of Get Together, as people will be more likely to invest in this game as it seems to everyone that they will one day include all the missing features. Do you know what I mean? :)

I think it's definitely a response to the backlash. It's rather telling that right after people got so upset about this, they released a survey specifically mentioning toddlers. Plus, it gives people something to get excited over and talk positively about again. Seems like an effort at damage control.

I mean, do they really need to give people a survey to figure out that a huge portion of the fanbase wants toddlers back?

Well heres the thing..it's no coincidence the survey was released not even a week after Get Together..they can't announce a third EP right now with the 2nd in production..so yes I do believe that this is damage control but also an indirect way of letting us know what's in the works for life stages without making an official announcement..but as far as voting for 3 ep's it gives them an idea of what to go with next in line..If it's one thing EA wants we all know that's money..A generations EP with toddlers and preteens would be epic in terms of sales for them..9.5 times out 10 it will be here by next year..the outcry is too overwhelming..they don't want a repeat of Gamescom.

damage control or not it shows that theres hope for sims 4 i don't like the idea of Tots in EP but at this Point i don't care anymore.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Jerrello wrote: »

damage control or not it shows that theres hope for sims 4 i don't like the idea of Tots in EP but at this Point i don't care anymore.

At this point I'm fine paying for toddlers..especially if we get an additional life state..not to mention you have to keep in mind that with every stuff pack, game pack, and future EP that's clothes, content, and gameplay for 2 additional life stages..so it works really.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    i just hope that the past Eps would get patched for Toddlers and pre-teens such as GTW patching in Pre-teen and toddler aliens.
  • Options
    And then when Sims 5 comes out we can expect to pay for toddlers and other life stages then as well. Why not, if EA can get away with it for TS4?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
  • Options
    finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    At least the survey gives us some hope. Thinking back to the first survey I think we've had the majority of the options become reality either in a game pack or expansion pack, so I hope the same will become of the options in this survey as I love pretty much all of them (minus anything involving zombies - UGH.)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    On the sites where this survey is on,you must be a member of that site to take it and if you not a member you not allowed to take it.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'll believe it when I see it. At this point, I think adding toddlers is a pure desperation move...if they even bother to add it. I'm with whoever said that adding the toddler thing to the survey is a ploy to get people to start buying again just in hopes of. I hate being manipulated like that.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see it. At this point, I think adding toddlers is a pure desperation move...if they even bother to add it. I'm with whoever said that adding the toddler thing to the survey is a ploy to get people to start buying again just in hopes of. I hate being manipulated like that.

Good points!

I actually think that this who thing is just a 'promotional' tactic to build up players hopes again and then drop them later.

It is a disgusting way of treating people 2bh but who am I to complain? I will just be playing my TS3 with all life stages anyway that came with the base game, not something I will have to pay for later!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Am I the only one who sees that survey only as a way to decide which content to prioritize, and not as a weapon for mass destruction of hope and dreams? :neutral:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Planned?

If they were planned, they wouldn't be in a survey. As of now they are just an idea which may or may not be developed.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Planned?

If they were planned, they wouldn't be in a survey. As of now they are just an idea which may or may not be developed.

Well said!

Chances are, they would taker a while to develop so they may not arrive until later next year, if anything
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg