Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How important are getting "Toddlers" to you?

I originally thought that everyone was just as upset as me when realizing the sims 4 didn't have toddlers.. I'm still pretty bummed about it. I mean why put them in the last game and then take them away? I came across a lot of people though that honestly didn't care one bit about whether we had toddlers or not. So I'm just wanting opinions.. Do you want ea to add toddlers? What is your favorite thing about having them? What do you miss the most?

Comments

• Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    For me, it's not a dealbreaker that we don't have them, and there are other things I'd like to have more.

At the same time, the longer I play, the more I miss them. Also, thinking about the potential for what could be done with them in TS4, I'm excited for the possibility of seeing them back,
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    For me, not important.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    SweetAshGamerSweetAshGamer Posts: 67 Member
    I agree there are so many other things that they need to add.. but I still miss the toddlers.. they were so cute.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    Hi :)

To me, it's a LOT more than toddlers. Toddlers are like the flag ship of what's needed in the game.

Yes, I want Maxis to add the Best Toddlers Evaar to TS4... and TS5. I'll still wait for sales before buying because it's just a small part for me.
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    For me, I really don't want them. I can't stand even having babies around. I'd be just as happy if when a child is born, it starts ready to go to school.
  • Options
    The only extra stuff that I bought as soon as I could was GTW, just because I really wanted that feature. I'm not worried about spending money on tents or massages and hot tubs.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I have been chewed up and down again for my opinion, but I'll say again that I'm happy without toddlers. I want them only for those who can't live without them. I'd be happy if they didn't add them to the game. I play families, but skipping toddlers just allows me to focus on other things. I can't imagine the forums if they don't add toddlers though.

*This is just my opinion and in no way says that those who want toddlers don't matter!!!!!!!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Everyone has good points whenever it comes to not having them. I usually build up all my skills and get the highest promotion possible before starting a family so at that time I usually will just focus on taking care of the babies that I have and socializing and building up relationships with them.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I would like to see them back like the S2 toddlers. I think they add bonding to the kids and the family. I am not as in to the kids this time because I don't have that family bonding feeling with them that occurs when raising the toddlers. (But please, not like the s3 ones, I tended to age them up a lot quicker because they were annoying)

But it's not a deal-breaker for me not to have them as I enjoy more about the game than just them.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't care for toddlers. I'd rather have the developers work in things that would expand gameplay like restaurants, apartments, different looking worlds, weather, family activities for children and teens, university/school, etc. Things that all sims can do.
  • Options
    I'm really shocked that everyone keeps mentioning that it isn't a dealbreaker! Does that mean that there are people out there that want it so bad that they actually refuse to play the game without them? It isn't THAT important to me. I can't imagine why it would be that big of an issue.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    My favorite part of playing the sims is weddings, pregnancy, and taking care of babies and toddlers. So yeah, they're pretty important to me. I guess I'll be pretty bummed if they're not at least mentioned at gamescom. Especially since the mobile app just got an adorable baby/toddler update. I know its an entirely different game but they shouldn't have released it right before gamescom if they don't plan on speaking about toddlers.
  • Options
    @yupp I find myself sitting around spending tons of time planning out a wedding before my sim is even engaged because I always want it to be perfect lol, it just never seems good enough though! I expected more out of the babies in the sims 4.. I don't like a lot of things about them.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    They are my deal breaker I admit and why I can't purchase packs this time around which is strange for the first time. I just can't think of EPs, when the thought of supernatural toddlers never being possible this time around. I really wanted alien toddlers, but GTW is already released and it will be sad to see even more EPs released without them. Honestly I think all life stages are important and I would be fighting for any other life stage if it wasn't included in the Sims 4 too whether it was elders or teenagers. I like the full cradle to grave experience with my Sims games. I would like Sims 2 toddlers back as well along with some of the cool toys the Sims 3 and the Sims Freeplay has for them. Toddlers are very important when I've come from a modding community. Not having a life stage has a huge impact there and toddlers is one of the top areas modders and CC artists like to make things for. I mean they were even able to make a functional tricycle back in the Sims 2. It was so cool seeing the creative things Simmers could make for the life stage.

I'd love to be able to do these things and more with my babies and toddlers for the Sims 4:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HX12v5mxJM
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    @ashlitton I expected sooooo much more out of babies. I figured we would be able to change their clothes by now and we would be able to see their hair and eye color. I just expected so much more. And yes I always plan weddings. I'm actually about to marry my current couple. Im holding off on babies in case toddlers are announced at gamescom. That's so pathetic! Lol. I've literally been checking the forums everyday since release day in hope for them. I hope if they do release toddlers babies get a serious update as well.
  • Options
    @TheOpheliac exactly! It is very awkward! I feel like I'm going from something that is completely dependant on you.. to a kid that is going to do their own things. I really like the satisfaction of knowing that the kid is walking and talking because I taught it too! lol I dont know, I just know that it is definitely something that needs to be added! Maybe a feature that can be turned off for the ones that don't want it?
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

To me, it's a LOT more than toddlers. Toddlers are like the flag ship of what's needed in the game.

Yes, I want Maxis to add the Best Toddlers Evaar to TS4... and TS5. I'll still wait for sales before buying because it's just a small part for me.
    This.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    I don't really care about toddlers. I played The Sims 2 and didn't like them so much unless it's a character that I'm planning to age to a teen and then young adult. I know I wouldn't even have touched toddlers in my game if they were already in the base game for TS4.

That being said, I do hope they add toddlers for all those simmers who really want them in their game. I feel like it's fair that way.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    That is what I wonder about, how can Sims even know how to walk or talk or poop if there is no toddler stage?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    The Sims 3 really turned me off of toddlers. Especially since I had some game breaking glitches when it came to interacting with them. I also don't like having to deal with the consequences of aging them up before they learned how to walk, talk and potty training. I won't be upset if they came back but I won't be overly joyed either.
  • Options
    sarah012378sarah012378 Posts: 73 Member
    Not important to me. :p
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I don't care for toddlers. I'd rather have the developers work in things that would expand gameplay like restaurants, apartments, different looking worlds, weather, family activities for children and teens, university/school, etc. Things that all sims can do.

This is wha happens to me too. The game right now is so boring for me that I'm desperate for a game that will open my world. Clubs and bars are sooooo boring the lounge! Don't get me started, i'm 100% that sims die of boredom there and they die often!

I care about toddlers but mot enough to want another family play EP. Add them in a patch a gamepack idc, but not an EP. We only get two EPs per year. Growing toddlers for 6 months will get boring for me.

Scobre wrote: »
    They are my deal breaker I admit and why I can't purchase packs this time around which is strange for the first time. I just can't think of EPs, when the thought of supernatural toddlers never being possible this time around. I really wanted alien toddlers, but GTW is already released and it will be sad to see even more EPs released without them. Honestly I think all life stages are important and I would be fighting for any other life stage if it wasn't included in the Sims 4 too whether it was elders or teenagers. I like the full cradle to grave experience with my Sims games. I would like Sims 2 toddlers back as well along with some of the cool toys the Sims 3 and the Sims Freeplay has for them. Toddlers are very important when I've come from a modding community. Not having a life stage has a huge impact there and toddlers is one of the top areas modders and CC artists like to make things for. I mean they were even able to make a functional tricycle back in the Sims 2. It was so cool seeing the creative things Simmers could make for the life stage.

I'd love to be able to do these things and more with my babies and toddlers for the Sims 4:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HX12v5mxJM

This is what worries me. If they add toddlers as an EP instead of a patch and make it part of the core of the game, will they be compatible with future EPs?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

This is what worries me. If they add toddlers as an EP instead of a patch and make it part of the core of the game, will they be compatible with future EPs?
    Yep exactly, why only way possible for toddlers to work right for the Sims 4 is through a patch. I mean how annoying would it be for Gurus having to go to each and every EP and patch in toddlers whenever a new supernatural is introduced. How would it work for Simmers that don't have toddlers? I really hope toddlers are compatible with future EPs especially pets and seasons. I loved those two EPs in the Sims 2 along with OFB and it was fun having toddlers have things to do in those packs. I'd be ok with a patch and family play or school EP follow up like how basements came before GTW. The age up feature is already in the game without consequences, so those that don't want toddlers can simply just age them up like the other life stages.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Yep exactly, why only way possible for toddlers to work right for the Sims 4 is through a patch. I mean how annoying would it be for Gurus having to go to each and every EP and patch in toddlers whenever a new supernatural is introduced. How would it work for Simmers that don't have toddlers? I really hope toddlers are compatible with future EPs especially pets and seasons. I loved those two EPs in the Sims 2 along with OFB and it was fun having toddlers have things to do in those packs. I'd be ok with a patch and family play or school EP follow up like how basements came before GTW. The age up feature is already in the game without consequences, so those that don't want toddlers can simply just age them up like the other life stages.

Yes, this is why I think toddlers will be patched in too. It wouldn't make sense for them to do separate animations for toddlers to interact with new content from future EPs when not everyone has toddlers (let's say they're already added via a pack that you have to buy or choose to get).
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif